Anyone have a Sig p320 .45 subcompact?

Handgun, Pistol and Revolver topics

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Post Reply
User avatar
phalanx
* * * *
Posts: 948
Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 5:43 pm
Location: Oregon

Anyone have a Sig p320 .45 subcompact?

Post by phalanx » Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:26 pm

Image

Does anyone have one? Even fired one would be great, I have seen zero reviews of this model. There are plenty of reviews of the 9mm version and I have fired baby .45's in the past, I'm just wondering what experiences you guys/gals may have. I love the modularity of this gun and the idea of plinking/training with a larger frame and carrying a smaller frame of the same gun is extremely appealing.
ninja-elbow wrote: ZSC:011 Oregon: We Bug Out wet, dry, at the coast or the high desert ... maybe even the mountains, in a town or in a valley or something....
"We are moral beings only to the extent that we are social beings" - Emile Durkheim

User avatar
JeeperCreeper
ZS Member
ZS Member
Posts: 2228
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:49 am
Favorite Zombie Movies: Twilight... making zombies of our future generations
Location: Yo Momma's House

Re: Anyone have a Sig p320 .45 subcompact?

Post by JeeperCreeper » Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:32 pm

I have the p250 in 9mm. So not really applicable...

But, the design of the chassis are ingeniously simple (in a good way). Plus, they shoot so much better than the steel SIGs IMHO.

If you want one, I wouldn't be afraid to get one. I love my modular SIG. I don't see how the SIG will recoil in .45 more than any other subcompact, probably the opposite.

P.S. the frames are stupid cheap, the "uppers" are stupid expensive... so consider that in your configuration.
They see me trollin', they hatin'.... keyboardin' tryna catch me typin' dirty
Halfapint wrote:There are some exceptions like myself and jeepercreeper.... but we are the forum asshats. We protect our positions with gusto
zero11010 wrote:The girlfriend is a good shot with a 10/22.
Her secondary offense will be nagging.

User avatar
phalanx
* * * *
Posts: 948
Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 5:43 pm
Location: Oregon

Re: Anyone have a Sig p320 .45 subcompact?

Post by phalanx » Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:37 pm

Yeah, I'm thinking of buying the "compact" and then the subcompact frame. I hadn't checked in awhile, but .45 has come down a lot since the bad 'ol days. Which makes Phalanx happy :)
ninja-elbow wrote: ZSC:011 Oregon: We Bug Out wet, dry, at the coast or the high desert ... maybe even the mountains, in a town or in a valley or something....
"We are moral beings only to the extent that we are social beings" - Emile Durkheim

User avatar
JeeperCreeper
ZS Member
ZS Member
Posts: 2228
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:49 am
Favorite Zombie Movies: Twilight... making zombies of our future generations
Location: Yo Momma's House

Re: Anyone have a Sig p320 .45 subcompact?

Post by JeeperCreeper » Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:51 pm

phalanx wrote:Yeah, I'm thinking of buying the "compact" and then the subcompact frame. I hadn't checked in awhile, but .45 has come down a lot since the bad 'ol days. Which makes Phalanx happy :)
yeah if you're just buying frames it shouldn't be bad. Last I saw, frames were $40 and you could get it in flat dark earth colors for tacticool operations in the khaki section of Macy's...
They see me trollin', they hatin'.... keyboardin' tryna catch me typin' dirty
Halfapint wrote:There are some exceptions like myself and jeepercreeper.... but we are the forum asshats. We protect our positions with gusto
zero11010 wrote:The girlfriend is a good shot with a 10/22.
Her secondary offense will be nagging.

JF89
ZS Member
ZS Member
Posts: 184
Joined: Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:57 pm
Favorite Zombie Movies: Fido , Dead Set (tv show) ,28 days/weeks later.

Re: Anyone have a Sig p320 .45 subcompact?

Post by JF89 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 4:42 pm

phalanx wrote:
Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:37 pm
Yeah, I'm thinking of buying the "compact" and then the subcompact frame. I hadn't checked in awhile, but .45 has come down a lot since the bad 'ol days. Which makes Phalanx happy :)
Did you end up getting the Sig p320? Ive been eyeballing the p320 compact in .45 acp too but im a little worried after all the issues Sig was having for a bit.

User avatar
Stercutus
* * * * *
Posts: 12451
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:16 pm
Location: Bouncing in to Graceland

Re: Anyone have a Sig p320 .45 subcompact?

Post by Stercutus » Fri Jul 27, 2018 4:51 pm

If by "issues" they replaced the not drop safe trigger on the 320.
From this day to the ending of the world,
But we in it shall be rememberèd—
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother

JF89
ZS Member
ZS Member
Posts: 184
Joined: Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:57 pm
Favorite Zombie Movies: Fido , Dead Set (tv show) ,28 days/weeks later.

Re: Anyone have a Sig p320 .45 subcompact?

Post by JF89 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 5:30 pm

Stercutus wrote:
Fri Jul 27, 2018 4:51 pm
If by "issues" they replaced the not drop safe trigger on the 320.

Not quite, in this article there is a link to a report from the US Army where they claim to be having reliability issues. Scroll down to "recommendations" on the report.

https://offgridsurvival.com/armys-brand ... ty-issues/
Last edited by JF89 on Fri Jul 27, 2018 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
JeeperCreeper
ZS Member
ZS Member
Posts: 2228
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:49 am
Favorite Zombie Movies: Twilight... making zombies of our future generations
Location: Yo Momma's House

Re: Anyone have a Sig p320 .45 subcompact?

Post by JeeperCreeper » Fri Jul 27, 2018 5:40 pm

JF89 wrote:
Fri Jul 27, 2018 5:30 pm
Stercutus wrote:
Fri Jul 27, 2018 4:51 pm
If by "issues" they replaced the not drop safe trigger on the 320.

Not quite, in this article there is a link to a report from the US Army where they claim to be having reliability issues. Scroll down to "recomendations" on the report.

https://offgridsurvival.com/armys-brand ... ty-issues/
I like SIG, but I agree with JF89... from the drop issues, to Army P320 issues, to the P365 issues... I'd wait a while to buy a SIG (other than the all metal classic P series). They are amping up production so there's bound to be growing pains.
They see me trollin', they hatin'.... keyboardin' tryna catch me typin' dirty
Halfapint wrote:There are some exceptions like myself and jeepercreeper.... but we are the forum asshats. We protect our positions with gusto
zero11010 wrote:The girlfriend is a good shot with a 10/22.
Her secondary offense will be nagging.

JF89
ZS Member
ZS Member
Posts: 184
Joined: Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:57 pm
Favorite Zombie Movies: Fido , Dead Set (tv show) ,28 days/weeks later.

Re: Anyone have a Sig p320 .45 subcompact?

Post by JF89 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 5:43 pm

I was hoping they had fixed the issues but I couldnt find much info. A p320 compact in .45 would be nice.

JF89
ZS Member
ZS Member
Posts: 184
Joined: Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:57 pm
Favorite Zombie Movies: Fido , Dead Set (tv show) ,28 days/weeks later.

Re: Anyone have a Sig p320 .45 subcompact?

Post by JF89 » Sat Jul 28, 2018 11:23 am

Ive owned 6 p320s in 9mm but got rid of them instead of getting the "upgrade". I had 2 with issues but only one of them had serious issues, it would jam a lot and the mag catch/release wouldnt work. Sig fixed the bad one (took 2 months) and they told me to **** off on the other one, so I had wrote them off. The platform itself is really cool and fits my hand better than just about any pistol i've ever owned. The issue is Sig ,they have spotty QC at times and their CS service is no better. Im still thinking of taking the plunge and just getting the p320 in .45 though.

User avatar
NT2C
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator
Posts: 6722
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:37 pm
Location: Outside of your jurisdiction officer

Re: Anyone have a Sig p320 .45 subcompact?

Post by NT2C » Sat Jul 28, 2018 11:31 am

Given your personal history with Sig I'm surprised you're even considering this. Why not a S&W M&P 45 instead?
Nonsolis Radios Sediouis Fulmina Mitto. - USN Gunner's Mate motto
Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except sailors. They will kill you and sing songs about it.

Sic quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit; occidentis telum est - Seneca the Younger, Epistles

JF89
ZS Member
ZS Member
Posts: 184
Joined: Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:57 pm
Favorite Zombie Movies: Fido , Dead Set (tv show) ,28 days/weeks later.

Re: Anyone have a Sig p320 .45 subcompact?

Post by JF89 » Sat Jul 28, 2018 12:02 pm

NT2C wrote:
Sat Jul 28, 2018 11:31 am
Given your personal history with Sig I'm surprised you're even considering this. Why not a S&W M&P 45 instead?
I want something more compact ,basically Glock 19 sized but in .45 acp (4" barrel and 5" height) and im not wanting DA/SA or I wouldve got an hk45.
Ive tried a couple pistols out and I wasnt feeling the g30 or SA XD. The P320 just fits me, I j hope Sigs QC has improved.

User avatar
NT2C
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator
Posts: 6722
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:37 pm
Location: Outside of your jurisdiction officer

Re: Anyone have a Sig p320 .45 subcompact?

Post by NT2C » Sat Jul 28, 2018 12:15 pm

I forgot to add the "C" to that for the compact version: https://www.smith-wesson.com/firearms/m ... t-sight-le
Nonsolis Radios Sediouis Fulmina Mitto. - USN Gunner's Mate motto
Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except sailors. They will kill you and sing songs about it.

Sic quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit; occidentis telum est - Seneca the Younger, Epistles

JF89
ZS Member
ZS Member
Posts: 184
Joined: Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:57 pm
Favorite Zombie Movies: Fido , Dead Set (tv show) ,28 days/weeks later.

Re: Anyone have a Sig p320 .45 subcompact?

Post by JF89 » Sat Jul 28, 2018 12:22 pm

NT2C wrote:
Sat Jul 28, 2018 12:15 pm
I forgot to add the "C" to that for the compact version: https://www.smith-wesson.com/firearms/m ... t-sight-le
I didnt know that existed, what heigth that pistol?

User avatar
NT2C
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator
Posts: 6722
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:37 pm
Location: Outside of your jurisdiction officer

Re: Anyone have a Sig p320 .45 subcompact?

Post by NT2C » Sat Jul 28, 2018 12:26 pm

JF89 wrote:
Sat Jul 28, 2018 12:22 pm
NT2C wrote:
Sat Jul 28, 2018 12:15 pm
I forgot to add the "C" to that for the compact version: https://www.smith-wesson.com/firearms/m ... t-sight-le
I didnt know that existed, what heigth that pistol?
Not 100% sure but probably pretty close to 5"
Nonsolis Radios Sediouis Fulmina Mitto. - USN Gunner's Mate motto
Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except sailors. They will kill you and sing songs about it.

Sic quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit; occidentis telum est - Seneca the Younger, Epistles

User avatar
NT2C
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator
Posts: 6722
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:37 pm
Location: Outside of your jurisdiction officer

Re: Anyone have a Sig p320 .45 subcompact?

Post by NT2C » Sat Jul 28, 2018 12:27 pm

Googled it and it's 4.8"
Nonsolis Radios Sediouis Fulmina Mitto. - USN Gunner's Mate motto
Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except sailors. They will kill you and sing songs about it.

Sic quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit; occidentis telum est - Seneca the Younger, Epistles

JF89
ZS Member
ZS Member
Posts: 184
Joined: Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:57 pm
Favorite Zombie Movies: Fido , Dead Set (tv show) ,28 days/weeks later.

Re: Anyone have a Sig p320 .45 subcompact?

Post by JF89 » Sat Jul 28, 2018 12:47 pm

Thanks, im going to look into that. Hopefully one of the LGS has one.

User avatar
NT2C
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator
Posts: 6722
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:37 pm
Location: Outside of your jurisdiction officer

Re: Anyone have a Sig p320 .45 subcompact?

Post by NT2C » Sat Jul 28, 2018 1:23 pm

JF89 wrote:
Sat Jul 28, 2018 12:47 pm
Thanks, im going to look into that. Hopefully one of the LGS has one.
No problem. There's also the Shield 45 and the 2.0 Shield 45. The regular Shield 45 is my EDC with two spare mags.
Nonsolis Radios Sediouis Fulmina Mitto. - USN Gunner's Mate motto
Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except sailors. They will kill you and sing songs about it.

Sic quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit; occidentis telum est - Seneca the Younger, Epistles

Post Reply

Return to “Handguns”