How to reload Glock mags?

Handgun, Pistol and Revolver topics

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

moab

How to reload Glock mags?

Post by moab » Sun Jun 07, 2015 1:44 pm

I have a .357 SIG Glock I got as a gift. And trying to reload the mags is next to impossible with your fingers. I have one of those plastic cap helper things from Glock that came with it. That pushes the rounds down. But that isn't even that quick or effective. I'm just wondering what the standard operating procedure is for reloading Glock mags in the field? Lula Loader? Is there some trick I am missing. I usually just struggle with the plastic cap thing from Glock. But even then getting the last couple rounds in is next to impossible.
"Ideas are more dangerous than guns. We don't let our people have guns. Why would we let them have ideas?" Josef Stalin

Doctorr Fabulous
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Evil Dead, Zombieland, 28 Days/Weeks Later

Re: How to reload Glock mags?

Post by Doctorr Fabulous » Sun Jun 07, 2015 1:52 pm

Mag-Lula is your friend
Opinions subject to change in light of new information.
http://i.imgur.com/wG6ZMjE.jpg

moab

Post by moab » Sun Jun 07, 2015 1:53 pm

Doctorr Fabulous wrote:Mag-Lula is your friend
That's what I figured, Doc. Thanks. How fast is the Mag-Lula?
"Ideas are more dangerous than guns. We don't let our people have guns. Why would we let them have ideas?" Josef Stalin

TheLastOne
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by TheLastOne » Sun Jun 07, 2015 2:45 pm

You'll never want to use anything else. Grab their AR stripper clip pusher for AR mags while you're at it.
MF'N Team Leader: Cleveland Steamers 2012
Team Beards&Irons 2013

quazi

Post by quazi » Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:06 am

They loosen up a lot with use.

Unorthodox
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by Unorthodox » Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:25 am

Standard issue thumb and brute strength.

Barring that or soft thumbs, MagLULA is the shizznit
ImageImage
I load my gatteries in my assault clips for my AR-15 battle rifle. | Avatar By Nyssa

crypto
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Post by crypto » Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:55 am

moab wrote:I have a .357 SIG Glock I got as a gift. And trying to reload the mags is next to impossible with your fingers. I have one of those plastic cap helper things from Glock that came with it. That pushes the rounds down. But that isn't even that quick or effective. I'm just wondering what the standard operating procedure is for reloading Glock mags in the field? Lula Loader? Is there some trick I am missing. I usually just struggle with the plastic cap thing from Glock. But even then getting the last couple rounds in is next to impossible.

I'm not trying to dog on you, but I just use my man-hands and fill the thing up. One thumb to push directly down on the existing top round in the mag, and then use the other thumb to push the new bullet down into place. Same as any other pistol mag. With the glock mags I usually give the mag a solid whack on the workbench on the floorplate to seat the stack before loading the last round.

If you can't do that, grab a mag-lula. Thats what I use at home.
MF'N TEAM LEADER

"Some people think that the best way to stop the leopard is to cut the horns off the gazelle. This, my friends, is insane."

moab

Post by moab » Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:27 pm

crypto wrote:
moab wrote:I have a .357 SIG Glock I got as a gift. And trying to reload the mags is next to impossible with your fingers. I have one of those plastic cap helper things from Glock that came with it. That pushes the rounds down. But that isn't even that quick or effective. I'm just wondering what the standard operating procedure is for reloading Glock mags in the field? Lula Loader? Is there some trick I am missing. I usually just struggle with the plastic cap thing from Glock. But even then getting the last couple rounds in is next to impossible.

I'm not trying to dog on you, but I just use my man-hands and fill the thing up. One thumb to push directly down on the existing top round in the mag, and then use the other thumb to push the new bullet down into place. Same as any other pistol mag. With the glock mags I usually give the mag a solid whack on the workbench on the floorplate to seat the stack before loading the last round.

Maybe it's the .357 SIG. IDK. I don't have this problem with any other mag.

KnifeStyle

Post by KnifeStyle » Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:28 pm

I use the factory loader...And I'm hoping to eventually break it as an excuse to get a Mag-lula. The one for my ARs is truly fun to use.
jamoni wrote:Zombie Squad, the things you have experience with scare me.

crypto
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Post by crypto » Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:06 pm

moab wrote:
crypto wrote:

I think the .357SIG mag is the same as the .40 mag, and my wife loads her .40 duty mags by hand too.
MF'N TEAM LEADER

"Some people think that the best way to stop the leopard is to cut the horns off the gazelle. This, my friends, is insane."

moab

Post by moab » Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:17 pm

crypto wrote:
moab wrote:
crypto wrote:

I think the .357SIG mag is the same as the .40 mag, and my wife loads her .40 duty mags by hand too.
Thanks crypto! Label me a Lady Fingers! GReat! LOL! ;)

-zero-
Favorite Zombie Movies: Zombieland, Dawn of the Dead (BOTH), Night of the Living Dead, Fido, The Dead Hate the Living, Walking Dead

Post by -zero- » Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:17 pm

Points for... not calling it a clip.

crypto
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Post by crypto » Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:51 pm

moab wrote:
crypto wrote:
moab wrote:
crypto wrote:

Thanks crypto! Label me a Lady Fingers! GReat! LOL! ;)
I'm just glad you didnt tell me my wife had man hands. :D
MF'N TEAM LEADER

Dragon80
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later and Dawn of the Dead

Post by Dragon80 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:08 pm

Some of the mags can be pretty tight at first but will loosen up a bit over time. Just man up and use your thumbs!! If I'm loading a lot in a day, I will wear a glove, otherwise I lose a couple of layers of skin doing so.

On the Mag Lula and stripper clips, I have one for my AR-15 and it's the beez neez!
BOB also used for backpacking
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=114606

GHB dedicated thread in need of serious updating!!!
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=112108

Beowolf
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shawn of the Dead, Aaaaaa Zombies, 28 Days Later

Post by Beowolf » Wed Jun 17, 2015 5:31 pm

quazi wrote:They loosen up a lot with use.
Yep, this. And I usually leave my mags loaded for a while to loosen the spring.

My Sig mags gave me hell for a long time, so I know your pain.
The way is shut. It was made by those who are Dead. And the Dead keep it. Until the time comes. The way is shut.
-
Keeper of the ZS Fleet Number thread.
ZS Wiki

solarguy

Post by solarguy » Thu Jun 18, 2015 2:45 pm

They loosen up.

You'll get stronger.

There is no shame in using a mechanical aid.

Return to “Handguns”