Its finally here. (Single stack Glock)

Handgun, Pistol and Revolver topics

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Stercutus

Re: Its finally here. (Single stack Glock)

Post by Stercutus » Sat Apr 11, 2015 4:53 pm

My point was more that there are plenty of light choices out there already in 9mm. I guess you could save an ounce or two going with a .380 version if you don't mind the tradeoff. But there is a lot of down side to the .380 (ammo cost and performance being more important to me).
You go 'round and around it
You go over and under
I go through

olbaid_dratsab

Post by olbaid_dratsab » Sun May 10, 2015 1:28 pm

Got hands on one a few days ago. It is super soft shooting. Put it on lay-away on the spot.

There is also a two round mag extension for the 42. Probably won't be long before there is one for the 43. I think it was made by Dawson, but I ain't sure.
Hellow fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you. Thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What?. Taxes. They'll be lower son. The Democratic vote for me is right thing to do, Philadeplhia. So do.

Dave_M
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by Dave_M » Tue May 12, 2015 10:04 pm

It's a BUG's Life, but not by Pixar
Dave Merrill
Instructor for MilCopp Tactical LLC.

Rifle first. Rifle last. Rifle always.
Civilian Scout wrote:No one buys a Taurus because it's the best option available.

olbaid_dratsab

Post by olbaid_dratsab » Tue May 12, 2015 11:02 pm

Picked it up yesterday. Ain't shot this one yet.

Put some Trijicon sights on it. I'm a Warren Tactical fan through and through mainly just for the price and the thinner front sight blade paired with the wider soft square notch is really fast for me. I wish the Trijicons were sized more like that, but I have a notion that the blaze-yellow dot will make up for that. I'll probably black out the rear sight though. I do like how the leading edge of the rear sight forms a slightly < 90 degree angle to the slide.

I've been AIWB carrying for a few weeks now. My shield wasn't really working for this, but that could have been also due to the holster (BullsEye Leather). Been using a 642 AWIB, and it worked, but the cylinder sucked. Also in a modified Bulls Eye Leather holster. I made a Kydex taco style IWB for the 43 (2 hrs of time and about 10 bucks in material vs 4-6week wait and 60 bucks). Been wearing it around the house and its pretty good for AIWB, but I still think 4 o'clock is more comfy.

One of the mags wouldn't drop free. Fixed that just by removing a wee bit of material on the mag body with some sand paper. Other mag was fine. Also took off some material on the extended base plate on the right side because it just barely catches on the fat of my hand.

Vs the Shield, something about it...it just feels like a smaller package, though the actual dimensions are negligible. The weight isn't, and you can feel it. My Shield has a safety, don't like it. Now, I didn't run them side by side, but the 43 I think is way softer shooting. In my hand, I can feel a tighter pressure in the tang of the 43, a good thing. Even with my Shield having an Apex kit, I like the 43 trigger better.

After 2-300 range rounds and a box of carry stuff, I'll do some stuff to it. The mag well has enough material to soften the corners for smoother reloads. A Vickers mag release when they start making them for this. I'll shave another extended base plate to leave about 1/8'' lip extra under the front strap for carrying. Will probably stipple where my support thumb falls, but the grip will probably stay as-is just because it will be mostly AIWB carried. May have to abrieviate the slide stop too.

Edit-make no mistakes. I really like the Shield too. Its going to a good home with friend of mine with a new family who needs a CCW pistol....for a good price.
Hellow fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you. Thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What?. Taxes. They'll be lower son. The Democratic vote for me is right thing to do, Philadeplhia. So do.

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Wed May 13, 2015 10:34 am

olbaid_dratsab wrote:There is also a two round mag extension for the 42. Probably won't be long before there is one for the 43. I think it was made by Dawson, but I ain't sure.
Taran Tactical has +1 and +2 base pads. http://tarantacticalinnovations.com/ind ... h=44_49_81

whisk.e.rebellion wrote: It's not what you say anymore. It's how you say it.
Sumdood wrote:Welcome to 2020. I would list all the rules here, but there are too many and most of them are made up as we go. Just be prepared to be punished for something.

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

AS556
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead ('04),28 Days Later,Shaun of the Dead,Zombieland

Post by AS556 » Wed May 13, 2015 12:14 pm

I shot the 43 recently, nice little gun. I was intending on buying one but I already have that subcompact 9mm base covered. I just need something for uber deep concealment like a TCP/LCP.

olbaid_dratsab

Post by olbaid_dratsab » Fri May 15, 2015 5:01 pm

First, thanks for the heads-up on Taran Tactical.

Shot my 43 today. Super happy. Used the 155gr Federal bulk stuff, bout 80 rnds. Bout 40 rnds of CCI aluminum cased stuff. 100 and some rounds of reloaded stuff from a local guy here, and two mags and some change of Speer Gold dot +p, 124gr. No issues with any of these, almost all shot with topped off mags plus one. Shot two hand, strong hand, and support hand. Shooting strong hand only, my thumb retards the slide stop. Shooter induced.

And as a bonus, didn't have to bust out the sight pusher. The Gold Dots hit POA/POI at 10 yds. Also switched out all my Glock 19 CCW ammo with the same Speer. As a double bonus, that was POA/POI as well.

I like the Trijicon HDs too. One thing I did see with those...since its a tritium thing, inside a yellow plastic thing inside a metal sight blade..there is like a clear epoxy holding in the inserts. That can get a glare in the right light. Since the black of the sight blade doesn't pick it up, its a none issue though. It mainly just makes the bright yellow brighter.

Going to stick with stock mag release too. I reach it fine.

edit-115 gr bulk stuff

Fire

Post by Fire » Thu Aug 06, 2015 6:50 am

I saw the 43 last week. Like a lot of men, figured nbd, it is a slightly bigger than most of is competition concealment gun, nothing that has not been done before. Then i watched my girlfriend see it for the first time.... And i think a lot of us guys are missing the power of a juat noticeable difference... This is a woman with tiny little hands, who is not an experienced shooter... To her, the g26 just feels, well, off. Too wide, too heavy.... This gun felt goldilocks just rightly... If the 9mm varient feels as good to her, glock has made a sale, and a convert.... To a lot of the women i know that shoot, that small difference matters a whole lot, and may cause a lot of female shooters to beat a path to glocks door...
रक्षस

" I have stood the charge of the Rakshasha, my heart will not fail, I have felt the teeth of the tiger, I fear no evil"....

Hail St. Gabriel Possenti, patron saint of handgunners...

00dlez
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by 00dlez » Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:07 am

Fire wrote:I saw the 43 last week. Like a lot of men, figured nbd, it is a slightly bigger than most of is competition concealment gun, nothing that has not been done before. Then i watched my girlfriend see it for the first time.... And i think a lot of us guys are missing the power of a juat noticeable difference... This is a woman with tiny little hands, who is not an experienced shooter... To her, the g26 just feels, well, off. Too wide, too heavy.... This gun felt goldilocks just rightly... If the 9mm varient feels as good to her, glock has made a sale, and a convert.... To a lot of the women i know that shoot, that small difference matters a whole lot, and may cause a lot of female shooters to beat a path to glocks door...
Has she tried other single stack 9mms, though? I get the 26 might not be great for her, and the 43 is an improvement, but did she prefer it compared to the others?
Batman has a pretty good EDC. - Purple_Mutant

olbaid_dratsab

Post by olbaid_dratsab » Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:45 pm

Got three Taran Tactical base plates today. One +1 and two +2s. That puts me at 24 rnds on hand. Ran about 200 through it today. All three mags worked and no malfs.

Dave_M
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by Dave_M » Sat Aug 29, 2015 2:30 pm

00dlez wrote:
Fire wrote:I saw the 43 last week. Like a lot of men, figured nbd, it is a slightly bigger than most of is competition concealment gun, nothing that has not been done before. Then i watched my girlfriend see it for the first time.... And i think a lot of us guys are missing the power of a juat noticeable difference... This is a woman with tiny little hands, who is not an experienced shooter... To her, the g26 just feels, well, off. Too wide, too heavy.... This gun felt goldilocks just rightly... If the 9mm varient feels as good to her, glock has made a sale, and a convert.... To a lot of the women i know that shoot, that small difference matters a whole lot, and may cause a lot of female shooters to beat a path to glocks door...
Has she tried other single stack 9mms, though? I get the 26 might not be great for her, and the 43 is an improvement, but did she prefer it compared to the others?
I definitely prefer the 43 to the Shield (and it's about 100x better than the PF9). My wife wouldn't even shoot the PF9 more than a mag and the Shield she also disliked compared to it.
Dave Merrill
Instructor for MilCopp Tactical LLC.

Rifle first. Rifle last. Rifle always.
Civilian Scout wrote:No one buys a Taurus because it's the best option available.

Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead (2004)
Zombieland

Post by 0122358 » Sat Sep 05, 2015 1:59 pm

I've been deciding between a G26, this, an XDs 4" or a M&PC 9mm. I need something smaller than my G19 but bigger in capacity than my J-Frame 442 for summer carry. Having felt this and the XDs four inch I'm leaning towards one of those two. I love the way the 42 feels but can not get past the .380 caliber chambering.
SMoAF wrote:Your sin is one of geography, not one of unmanliness. Pimp's sin is that he's, well....himself.
Doctorr Fabulous wrote: I'd rather have 10 spooky-sized aircraft in an AO than 100 drones, because fuck those fucking pred flyboys who can't tell the difference between a shovel and an RPK.

Doctorr Fabulous
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Evil Dead, Zombieland, 28 Days/Weeks Later

Post by Doctorr Fabulous » Sat Sep 05, 2015 2:15 pm

0122358 wrote:I've been deciding between a G26, this, an XDs 4" or a M&PC 9mm. I need something smaller than my G19 but bigger in capacity than my J-Frame 442 for summer carry. Having felt this and the XDs four inch I'm leaning towards one of those two. I love the way the 42 feels but can not get past the .380 caliber chambering.
Try the 43? Only gets you one round over your J-frame, though.
Opinions subject to change in light of new information.
http://i.imgur.com/wG6ZMjE.jpg

Kutter_0311
Favorite Zombie Movies: too many to get into...

Post by Kutter_0311 » Mon Sep 07, 2015 5:49 pm

Soooo, my wife was bitching about me carrying a G35 OWB all the time, so I traded a rifle I didn't need for a G42. Took a loss on the rifle, but a tiny pistol I can carry in my PT shorts beats a rifle I never use in the end. Glad I grabbed it around the beginning of the summer, as I have not put on a gunbelt since! I know most of you are very happy in a gunbelt, but between my dunlap and bad skin, I get unpleasant boils in the underbelly, and wearing a gunbelt too much hurts. I started off wearing swim trunks with pockets, but then I got 2 pair of the $7 Blackhawk PT shorts that are on clearance at LAPG. They have a coin pocket right at 'appendix carry' position, and the G42 fits in there very well. I wear it around with a t-shirt, and it's pretty invisible.

I plan on getting a few more G42's to fill out family needs, then maybe a G43 to try out. I still need 9mm barrels & mags for the G35's, but no rush to get into the 9mm market. I just don't shoot enough.

Glad to see Warren has stepped up with G42/43 sights, I love them on my G35's.
JAYNE COBB wrote: Well, what you plan and what takes place ain't ever exactly been similar.
TravisM.1 wrote:If a rifle is an option, a rifle is usually the answer.
minengr wrote:I've said it numerous times, a quality rig is only as good as it's weakest link. Which usually is the nut behind the butt.

olbaid_dratsab

Post by olbaid_dratsab » Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:27 pm

You carry a G42 aimed pretty much right at your junk in a coin pouch? Got bigger balls than me...hope you keep them intact. For real don't do that. In a scuffle gym shorts won't keep a grabbing hand's finger from catching a trigger, whether the bad guy knows there's a gun there of not.

I've written a lot on here about gym shorts carry. Best method I have is a simple taco style kydex holster with single metal clip. Leather will work too, but currently I'm only using kydex. My main go-to is a S&W BG380 in a homemade taco holster. Holster tucked into both underwear and gym shorts, drawstring tight. MTR IWB mag pouch on other side. Basically just made one of these
http://flashbangstore.com/products/the-betty

I've ran a fuck load of miles like that.

Back to the 43. For me its too uncomfortable AIWB.

Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead (2004)
Zombieland

Post by 0122358 » Sun Sep 13, 2015 1:46 pm

Doctorr Fabulous wrote:
0122358 wrote:I've been deciding between a G26, this, an XDs 4" or a M&PC 9mm. I need something smaller than my G19 but bigger in capacity than my J-Frame 442 for summer carry. Having felt this and the XDs four inch I'm leaning towards one of those two. I love the way the 42 feels but can not get past the .380 caliber chambering.
Wait I thought the G43 was 6+1 for seven? That's two more than my 5 shot.

Although hell 5v7 in the end wont matter as a back up gun. But I like the idea of being able to do a mag change. Even with moon clips my 442 is a bitch to load/reload
SMoAF wrote:Your sin is one of geography, not one of unmanliness. Pimp's sin is that he's, well....himself.
Doctorr Fabulous wrote: I'd rather have 10 spooky-sized aircraft in an AO than 100 drones, because fuck those fucking pred flyboys who can't tell the difference between a shovel and an RPK.

Neptune Glory
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of the Dead, Army of Darkness, The Crow (technically a Zombie!), Lost Boys (Vampires are Zombies, too!)

Post by Neptune Glory » Sun Sep 13, 2015 4:06 pm

0122358 wrote:
Doctorr Fabulous wrote:
Wait I thought the G43 was 6+1 for seven? That's two more than my 5 shot.

Although hell 5v7 in the end wont matter as a back up gun. But I like the idea of being able to do a mag change. Even with moon clips my 442 is a bitch to load/reload
I stuck with the G26 for a 10 round capacity + 15 round reload magazine. I like it more for concealed carry than the G19. Just my two cents.
"When it comes to justifiable use of deadly force, you should seek to avoid confrontation, unless you have no choice and your life is on the line. This is easier to say than to do because it requires that you be calm and peace-loving throughout your life, but ready to use deadly force at any moment."

Return to “Handguns”