Its finally here. (Single stack Glock)

Handgun, Pistol and Revolver topics

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

olbaid_dratsab

Its finally here. (Single stack Glock)

Post by olbaid_dratsab » Wed Mar 18, 2015 4:18 pm

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2015 ... stack-9mm/

Hell yeah. I think I'm the first post on this.
Last edited by the_alias on Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic info added.
Hellow fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you. Thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What?. Taxes. They'll be lower son. The Democratic vote for me is right thing to do, Philadeplhia. So do.

00dlez
ZS Member
ZS Member

Re: Its finally here.

Post by 00dlez » Wed Mar 18, 2015 5:34 pm

It was mentioned in another thread (general chat thread I think), but this is the first dedicated thread.

Glad they did it, but I won't be buying one I don't think. I love my G17 for what it is, but at least for now I'm unconvinced I need one for the price. If nothing else, I'm hoping that this will give a little more life to the used single stack market and *maybe* get other manufacturers in the 450-600 to drop their price a little to better compete.
Batman has a pretty good EDC. - Purple_Mutant

crypto
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Post by crypto » Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:18 pm

Im gonna get one immediately. I'll be selling a P290RS with trits on it ASAP.
MF'N TEAM LEADER

"Some people think that the best way to stop the leopard is to cut the horns off the gazelle. This, my friends, is insane."

doc66

Post by doc66 » Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:47 pm

I'm getting one. I already have the perfect 9mm in the G19 with the TLR1, but this makes me so happy.
http://www.milcopptactical.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

olbaid_dratsab

Post by olbaid_dratsab » Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:53 pm

My shield has an Apex kit and Warren sights. Mags, holsters, blah blah, and I've had it for years, carried it a lot, even just ran it in an IDPA match. I have no problem trading off a system if another system offers more. Hell its that mentality that got me the shield, and I've been nothing but happy with it. however... happier>happy
Hellow fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you. Thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What?. Taxes. They'll be lower son. The Democratic vote for me is right thing to do, Philadeplhia. So do.

Mountainsquid
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead(Snyder), Zombieland

Post by Mountainsquid » Thu Mar 19, 2015 2:14 am

Oh boy, a single stack more expensive than the Shield with less capacity.

I get that the trigger will (likely) be better than the Shield's...but for a CCW "just fine" is, well, just fine. Which is what the G43 is going to be mostly used as.

Blacksheep

Post by Blacksheep » Thu Mar 19, 2015 6:55 am

Mountainsquid wrote:Oh boy, a single stack more expensive than the Shield with less capacity
And it only took how many years?

Too little too late glock, I love my g19 for what it is... But you have lost the subcompact market to the shield

I think many that will want/get a 43 are those putting brands before specs *shrug*
I never fit in. That's my role in life, to be the outcast.

ATEi

RIP- FiftySticks

Mikeyboy

Post by Mikeyboy » Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:04 am

I hate to say it I love my Glocks , but this is too little, too late and an epic fail for glock

They took decades to basically make a Glock 26 that is .16"/4mm thinner, and you lose 4 rounds !!!! Why even bother.

Glock made a oversized pocket .380 and now they made an oversize pocket 9mm. If you own a G26 just keep that, but if you want something thinner and lighter just get a Shield or a LC9s. When the side by side photos of the G26 and G43 come out, no one is going to want a G43. I guess Glock's next move will be to make a $1,000, 8 pound 9mm carbine that only takes 10 round single stack mags. I'm sure it will sell like hotcakes :roll:

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/wp-c ... 03/G43.jpg

http://us.glock.com/products/model/g26gen4

G26 gen4
Length:
163 mm / 6.41 in.

Width:
30.00 mm / 1.18 in.

Length Between Sights:
137 mm / 5.39 in.

Height:
106 mm / 4.17 in.

Barrel Height:
32 mm / 1.26 in.

Barrel Length:
87 mm / 3.42 in.

Weights

Unloaded:
615 g / 21.71 oz.

Loaded:
740 g / 26.12 oz.

Trigger Pull / Travel

A drawing showing the “Safe Action”® trigger of a Glock 26 Gen4.

Trigger Pull:
~2.5 kg / ~5.5 lbs.

Trigger Travel:
~12.5 mm / 0.49 in.

Barrel Rifling / Length of Twist

A drawing of the barrel of a Glock 26 Gen4.

Barrel Rifling:
right hand, hexagonal

Length of Twist:
250 mm / 9.84 in.

Magazine Capacity

A drawing of the magazine of a Glock 26 Gen4.
Standard: 10
Optional: 15/17/33

Available Pistol Accessories > View all GLOCK pistol models >

Paladin1

Re: Its finally here. (Single stack Glock)

Post by Paladin1 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:16 pm

Sorta a meh for me. Only 4mm thinner than my Gen4 G19, but carries 9 less rounds.

I suppose it's a win if your carrying a .380 (your not carrying a .380 are you? :? )

Where's my carbine dammit.
WWSD?

olbaid_dratsab

Post by olbaid_dratsab » Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:06 pm

I'm on a never ending quest for the ultimate running shorts gun. Right now its BG380 for me. I've yet to find a 9mm that would work. I've been through too many Kahr's to try a CM9 (I'm on my 6th, used with trijicon night sights for 275. I like thsi one a lot).

Shield wouldn't work. Kahr has been hit or miss, and I hated the PM's I had. I hate the Solo. Not fond of the 938, though I like my 238 (its for sale, I'm a striker guy) I don't trust Kel-tec.

The Glock 42 did work, but its my wife's. I care more about it being flat on the side that faces me vs overall thinness. Didn't see a difference between its weight and my BG380's weight (bout 3 oz worth). I think I could eat 3 more oz for the 43 if it meets the other criterion.

'specially since I started doing my own kydex a few months ago and made some pretty good stuff. Next week I'm going to start on an ultra light hybrid using .06 kydex. Pretty much just going to skelotonize everything possible to include the metal clips.

Dave_M
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by Dave_M » Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:13 am

Nah, they'll sell a shitload of them. My wife is already super excited about it.
Dave Merrill
Instructor for MilCopp Tactical LLC.

Rifle first. Rifle last. Rifle always.
Civilian Scout wrote:No one buys a Taurus because it's the best option available.

doc66

Post by doc66 » Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:08 am

Mikeyboy, you could not be more wrong.

They will sell the hell out of these things.

crypto
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Post by crypto » Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:18 am

Mountainsquid wrote:Oh boy, a single stack more expensive than the Shield with less capacity.

I get that the trigger will (likely) be better than the Shield's...but for a CCW "just fine" is, well, just fine. Which is what the G43 is going to be mostly used as.

That's a good point, I had initially ignored the Shield because its non-ambi safety was a dealbreaker for me, but now that there's a non-safety version of it, I'll probably look at it side by side with the G43 before deciding.

I really, really hate the M&P triggers though, so the cost of an Apex kit has to be figured into the Shield's price.
MF'N TEAM LEADER

"Some people think that the best way to stop the leopard is to cut the horns off the gazelle. This, my friends, is insane."

Dave_M
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by Dave_M » Fri Mar 20, 2015 11:37 am

http://www.recoilweb.com/glock-43-a-sin ... 61065.html

many fail to realize the international market perspective. G 42 was the highest selling Glock last year, and no doubt the g43 will do just as well
Dave Merrill

Civilian Scout wrote:No one buys a Taurus because it's the best option available.

Neptune Glory
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of the Dead, Army of Darkness, The Crow (technically a Zombie!), Lost Boys (Vampires are Zombies, too!)

Post by Neptune Glory » Fri Mar 20, 2015 11:38 am

I'm not that excited personally, because I have largish hands and can use the G19 and G26 without any problem.

For my friend's wife, though, with small hands, I think she'll be happy with the G43 when she rents it / tries it at the local range. (He likes the G19.)
"When it comes to justifiable use of deadly force, you should seek to avoid confrontation, unless you have no choice and your life is on the line. This is easier to say than to do because it requires that you be calm and peace-loving throughout your life, but ready to use deadly force at any moment."

Blacksheep

Post by Blacksheep » Fri Mar 20, 2015 1:28 pm

Dave_M wrote:http://www.recoilweb.com/glock-43-a-sin ... 61065.html

many fail to realize the international market perspective. G 42 was the highest selling Glock last year, and no doubt the g43 will do just as well
really? I'm a bit surprised by that, around that time I was working for a holster company, and I didn't see a massive influx of g42 orders...

but to be fair, we specialized in the more difficult light and laser holsters... and the owner bent people over for it, so someone running a stock g42 would have had a cheaper and easier time getting a prefab holster

fwiw glock holsters tend to come out a bit better due to some of the geometry involved, so it does have that going for it..

I seriously want to like it, but its hard given its limited capacity compared to the shield

ATEi

RIP- FiftySticks

Dave_M
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by Dave_M » Sat Mar 21, 2015 12:17 am

Blacksheep wrote:

really? I'm a bit surprised by that, around that time I was working for a holster company, and I didn't see a massive influx of g42 orders...

but to be fair, we specialized in the more difficult light and laser holsters... and the owner bent people over for it, so someone running a stock g42 would have had a cheaper and easier time getting a prefab holster

fwiw glock holsters tend to come out a bit better due to some of the geometry involved, so it does have that going for it..

I seriously want to like it, but its hard given its limited capacity compared to the shield
No provision for a WML/laser, remember. Which unfortunately is a deal breaker on my end. Still kind of want it though.
Dave Merrill

Blacksheep

Post by Blacksheep » Sat Mar 21, 2015 12:39 am

Dave_M wrote:no provision for a WML/laser, remember. Which unfortunately is a deal breaker on my end. Still kind of want it though.
The Crimson trace trigger guard mounted stuff is fairly decent on the pocket guns, did a lot if holsters for those, and playing with the set up a lot... Still not s huge fan of laser tho

ATEi

RIP- FiftySticks

Doctorr Fabulous
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Evil Dead, Zombieland, 28 Days/Weeks Later

Post by Doctorr Fabulous » Sat Mar 21, 2015 2:12 am

Dave_M wrote:
Blacksheep wrote:

No provision for a WML/laser, remember. Which unfortunately is a deal breaker on my end. Still kind of want it though.
Right? Like with the Insight X2 and other micro WMLs I don't understand why miniGlacks don't have a rail. Fuck a bunch of $200 Crimson Trace...

If my mitts weren't so big, the PPS would be the ticket, I think.
Opinions subject to change in light of new information.
http://i.imgur.com/wG6ZMjE.jpg

TheLastOne
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by TheLastOne » Sat Mar 21, 2015 2:34 am

Sooooo can a rail be dremmeled on or what :crazy:
MF'N Team Leader: Cleveland Steamers 2012
Team Beards&Irons 2013

ultra magnus

Post by ultra magnus » Sun Mar 22, 2015 12:25 pm

Doctorr Fabulous wrote:
Dave_M wrote:
Blacksheep wrote:

Right? Like with the Insight X2 and other micro WMLs I don't understand why miniGlacks don't have a rail. Fuck a bunch of $200 Crimson Trace...

If my mitts weren't so big, the PPS would be the ticket, I think.

I'm sure viridian will release a reactor light.

crypto
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Post by crypto » Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:32 am

TheLastOne wrote:Sooooo can a rail be dremmeled on or what :crazy:
The one thing I really liked about the Sig P290's is that they have an underbarrel attachment point for a laser. No WML, unfortunately.

It can absolutely be done, and I wish that the Shield and this G43 did it.
MF'N TEAM LEADER

doc66

Post by doc66 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:59 pm

Let's face it, the G42 and 43 are not pistols intended for weapons lights; they are modern designed pocket pistols. Meant to be carried small, shoved into the pocket of your Armani suit, the running shorts, and flat carry to the corner store.

If you want a weapon light attached, get a G19.

Seriously, if the only bitch is you can't put a light on it, that's pretty minor. I carry several firearms that have no WL attachment--J frame and S M39 to name two--and I don't feel that I'm missing anything. I have a Streamlight in my pocket that I use and carry daily and if I need to use it in conjunction with either of those listed, I can.

It's not that freaking important.

arentol

Post by arentol » Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:42 pm

Meh.

I will stick with my XD-S and 5 rounds of .45acp in a package no wider and not much longer. Especially since SA also offers a properly designed 7 round extended magazine that allows me a comfortable full sized grip when I want it.

Return to “Handguns”