The Hi-Point C9 - Last of the Saturday Night Specials!

Handgun, Pistol and Revolver topics

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Watch Ryder
Favorite Zombie Movies: DoD
LoD
They Live

The Hi-Point C9 - Last of the Saturday Night Specials!

Post by Watch Ryder » Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:17 am

The Hi-Point C9 is a very affordable 9mm pistol that retails at $150.

It's not flashy, it's not fancy, but it gets the job done (just about), in a pinch it can perform CCW duty.

I can tell you for nothing the looser tolerances on it will run ammo that you throw at it. I had some 9mm HP which my CZ was not happy with. The Hi-Point shot it off like champ!
If you can live with its quirks and rugged construction (the dealer guy called it a boat anchor!) the price is right! :)

There's a .45 ACP caliber version that the Hi-Point boys make too!

Anyone on here got one?

JeeperCreeper
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Twilight... making zombies of our future generations

Re: The Hi-Point C9 - Last of the Saturday Night Specials!

Post by JeeperCreeper » Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:57 am

I have the .45 HiPoint. For what it is, I can't be happier. I have a thread I started about my love affair with my uber-budget pistol.
They see me trollin', they hatin'.... keyboardin' tryna catch me typin' dirty
Halfapint wrote:There are some exceptions like myself and jeepercreeper.... but we are the forum asshats. We protect our positions with gusto
zero11010 wrote:The girlfriend is a good shot with a 10/22.
Her secondary offense will be nagging.

Redeyes
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Favorite Zombie Movies: Night of The Living Dead 1968

Post by Redeyes » Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:59 am

If you have to knock your slide back into battery the gun is not "running" the ammo. Figure out the issue yourself or send it back to Highpoint for warranty work.

Team Beards&Irons MilCopp 2013

Browning 35 for ZS President 2016. Make Zombie Squad Great Again!

doitnstyle1
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: The Road, The Book of Eli, After the Dark

Post by doitnstyle1 » Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:50 am

I owned a c9 and loved that it fired everything I put into it. Never jammed on me and even though it weight a ton, it was pretty accurate. I did however see a 45 cal one explode at the range and someone got hurt. I think they were home loads used in the weapon and it may have been overloaded but the way it shattered scared me from buying anything over a 9mm.
"All religious stuff aside, the fact is people who can't kill will always be subject to those who can." - Brad "Iceman" Colbert, Generation Kill

00dlez
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by 00dlez » Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:59 am

doitnstyle1 wrote:I owned a c9 and loved that it fired everything I put into it. Never jammed on me and even though it weight a ton, it was pretty accurate. I did however see a 45 cal one explode at the range and someone got hurt. I think they were home loads used in the weapon and it may have been overloaded but the way it shattered scared me from buying anything over a 9mm.
Dang it... I was musing yesterday that a .45 might be a good idea to try a caliber other than 9mm... Now you got me all scared...
Batman has a pretty good EDC. - Purple_Mutant

Smash05
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Smash05 » Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:13 am

45 should be lower pressure or similar to 9mm
Those who are prepared to help themselves, are prepared to help others.

JeeperCreeper
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Twilight... making zombies of our future generations

Post by JeeperCreeper » Thu Dec 11, 2014 5:46 pm

00dlez wrote:
doitnstyle1 wrote:I owned a c9 and loved that it fired everything I put into it. Never jammed on me and even though it weight a ton, it was pretty accurate. I did however see a 45 cal one explode at the range and someone got hurt. I think they were home loads used in the weapon and it may have been overloaded but the way it shattered scared me from buying anything over a 9mm.
Dang it... I was musing yesterday that a .45 might be a good idea to try a caliber other than 9mm... Now you got me all scared...
I wouldn't be. I run mine hard because its a beater, and it regularly eats +P and questionable loads. Watch the torture tests on YouTube by the moss pawn guys. For $150, its a great thrasher pistol
They see me trollin', they hatin'.... keyboardin' tryna catch me typin' dirty
Halfapint wrote:There are some exceptions like myself and jeepercreeper.... but we are the forum asshats. We protect our positions with gusto
zero11010 wrote:The girlfriend is a good shot with a 10/22.
Her secondary offense will be nagging.

Watch Ryder
Favorite Zombie Movies: DoD
LoD
They Live

Post by Watch Ryder » Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:08 am

JeeperCreeper wrote:
00dlez wrote:
I wouldn't be. I run mine hard because its a beater, and it regularly eats +P and questionable loads. Watch the torture tests on YouTube by the moss pawn guys. For $150, its a great thrasher pistol
I can add that the pistol ran ammo that my CZ 75 P7 totally shunned. The headspacing on the ammo was slightly off but not for the Hi-Point. :) That thing ate it up pretty good. Mind you it still was a bit finicky with that assist requirement at the start of the video...

Return to “Handguns”