Handgun, Pistol and Revolver topics

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Watch Ryder
Favorite Zombie Movies: DoD
LoD
They Live

My Sidearm Choice - The CZ 75!

Post by Watch Ryder » Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:17 pm

Took the plunge, passed the background checks, something as a foreign national is no mean feat let me tell you and am now in the sidearm zone :)

The pistol in question is the fabled CZ -75, this one is a P-07 designating it as a polymer variant. It's in 9mm the military caliber with a long pedigree of use having that sweet spot of balance between power and recoil.

With all the ramble and razmataz about Glocks this and 1911s that it's about time to show you the real deal, all the way from Europe where since 1997 CZ has been officially exporting their wares.

Imo the CZ is the match and the superior choice over the Glock through it's sophistication, robust yet refined manufacturing techniques and of course being one of the original Wonder Nines. :)

Here's the video review, I ramble and it's kinda long (almost Nutnfancy duration?) but there's shooting links to be added and skip-boxes for those wanting it short etc.

Watch Ryder
LoD
They Live

Re: My Sidearm Choice - The CZ 75!

Post by Watch Ryder » Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:26 pm

Shooting the pistol is a lot of fun while being very accurate, refined and getting shots on target. :)

Gingerbread Man
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by Gingerbread Man » Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:47 am

Nice videos! I'll have to remember to subscribe when I get home.

I'm a big fan of CZ and the P-07. I wish CZ would have stuck with the CZ 75 mag. I'd have a P-07 or 4 if the mags didn't cost $40. They really created a great gun in the 07, IMO.

I'm watching to see if Mecgar releases a clone of this mag. Should drop te price to around $25. Come on CZ, everyone knows Megar makes your mags, stop charging $40 for mags on a $400 gun.
Shrapnel wrote "nobody is trying to be a dick and give out warnings for every little thing" :|
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DS1icEssOUM

MacAttack

Post by MacAttack » Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:52 am

I'm a EAA Whitness fan here.

And I understand you on the mag problem. Thankfully I have never had a problem with any of my mags. They just seem to last.

If I was ever going to go polymer I would stick to the CZ family. In fact they are now making Whitness's in polymer. I wonder if my old mags and conversion kits fit the new frames. I know they don't fit the P-07.

Murgatroy

Post by Murgatroy » Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:52 pm

I have an IMI Jericho, Magnum Research import. It is a clone of the Tanfoglio clone of the CZ-75. Mostly, in layman's understanding. I have the full steel compact version. It is the same overall size as my Glock 19 and before I had a custom holster made for it, they could share holsters.

I think it is a great gun and I really love it.

However it is no match for my Glock and that remains my EDC.

The Glock is more readily available, has infinitely more aftermarket support in sights, holsters and just about anything else you can think of. It also has less parts, and being striker fired the trigger pull is the same from first shot to last, unlike most DA/SA. I also prefer the lack of a safety/decocker as it is less that my mind has to process in the unlikely event that I have to use it to protect myself.

For a range gun, or a BBQ gun, the Jericho is the hands down winner. It is fancy, obscure, stylish and has minimal recoil to accompany it's great accuracy. I have never experienced a stoppage, or any issue with it.

I am really fond of it, and I think it is a great gun, but as I am highly biased, I personally think the Glock is the best of the major 'service' guns for carry. Being the 1911, BHP and CZ-75 and variants thereof.

However, everyone has an opinion and that doesn't make them right. What works for me might not work for you, or the next cat.

Please also note that my opinion is based on a carry perspective, not a range time fun gun.
Yoda for President

Watch Ryder
LoD
They Live

Post by Watch Ryder » Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:30 pm

Yep, the Glock Vs the CZ Vs the 1911 are THE combat pistols with imho the CZ being king of the hill.

Can't take to the Glock, not my thing, it's a niche though with those who really take to it...

Mr. E. Monkey

Post by Mr. E. Monkey » Sun Jul 27, 2014 1:07 am

Damn big niche... :P
SMoAF wrote:'Tis better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness.
Beowolf wrote:Disasters are terrifying, but people are stupid.
wee drop o' bush wrote:THE EVIL MONKEY HAS WON THE INTERNETS! :lol: Image

thrillbilly

Post by thrillbilly » Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:55 am

Yeah that tiny niche that glocks occupy. Why...I'm surprised they manage to stay in business!

At least I can agree with you about liking 9x19...
Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

Neville

Post by Neville » Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:37 pm

I'm a CZ fan as well (have 5 of them... 2 9mms, 2 .40s and a .45), although I prefer the old-school comfort of solid steel in my hand.

Glad you're enjoying the pistol and congrats on becomming a handgun owner.

Watch Ryder
LoD
They Live

Post by Watch Ryder » Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:26 pm

Neville wrote:I'm a CZ fan as well (have 5 of them... 2 9mms, 2 .40s and a .45), although I prefer the old-school comfort of solid steel in my hand.

Glad you're enjoying the pistol and congrats on becomming a handgun owner.
You know I've had some lunatic on another forum claim my CZ 75, is not a CZ 75!!! LOL

He claimed that there are Glock parts in it!?

Snapshot7.62

Post by Snapshot7.62 » Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:40 pm

Congrats on the CZ 75, my favorite pistol.
Suizen wrote:CZ is made of sex. Angry, ass slapping, hair pulling, filthy, dirty sex.

Watch Ryder
LoD
They Live

Post by Watch Ryder » Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:02 pm

Gingerbread Man wrote:Nice videos! I'll have to remember to subscribe when I get home.

I'm a big fan of CZ and the P-07. I wish CZ would have stuck with the CZ 75 mag. I'd have a P-07 or 4 if the mags didn't cost $40. They really created a great gun in the 07, IMO.

I'm watching to see if Mecgar releases a clone of this mag. Should drop te price to around $25. Come on CZ, everyone knows Megar makes your mags, stop charging $40 for mags on a $400 gun.
Thanks Ginger!

Yeah I had to bite the bullet and spend 40 bucks just to get my 3rd magazine for the thing, oh well.

I would be cool to see some more clones out of the CZ, some people don't even know it exists too!

Sworbeyegib
Favorite Zombie Movies: night of the living dead is what started it all for me

Post by Sworbeyegib » Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:05 pm

The CZ 75 is a fantastic pistol. Came close to buying one as my first pistol awhile back.

For whatever reason, it just happens to be one of those firearms that people have a lot of love for, but rarely gets brought up in casual conversation, and usually is lost in the shuffle when to new shooters.
**Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't**

BadLands_Shooter
Favorite Zombie Movies: Night of The Living Dead (1968, 1990)

Dawn of The Dead (1978, 2004)

Day of The Dead (1985)

The Dead Next Door (1989)

Post by BadLands_Shooter » Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:39 pm

I had the older generation '75 for about a year. Not a bad weapon at all, just a bit heavy for my preference.
Former Army Infantryman.

-K/N Frame/M&P Lover.

“Hey man, you’re playing some killer music this morning. I have an empty cop car sitting outside my place. It’s been sitting there all night with the light bar flashing”. - Random Radio Caller

ultra magnus

Post by ultra magnus » Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:10 pm

Gingerbread Man wrote:Nice videos! I'll have to remember to subscribe when I get home.

75 mags will run in an 07.
07 mags will NOT run in a 75.

LJ126
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead (both), Shaun of the Dead, Wild Zero, 28 Days/Weeks, The Crazies, The Reanimator, etc. I love 'em all!

Post by LJ126 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:25 pm

If you like it, congratulations on your purchase. If you don't, I fully support that decision too.

I'm of the mindset that whatever works for you, and inspires confidence in you, is the best thing for you. Could be a Glock, could be a Sig, could be a Ruger, could be a CZ. They're all about the same. Whatever you have faith in and has proven itself to be reliable is a solid choice.
...As the great warrior poet O'Shea "Ice Cube" Jackson, Sr. once said, "If the day does not require an AK, it is good."

nimdabew
Favorite Zombie Movies: DOTD
I am ledgend

Post by nimdabew » Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:28 am

I couldn't stand the back strap on my friends P-07. Bought a P-02 that is made of unicorn teeth and rainbow anchors. I love that pistol, but CZ needs to come out with decpcker levers for it. I want my decocker!
Thanks Anianna!
12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:I say when Wee Drop visits the US, we make her ride a goat. You know, like those little monkey cowboys they have at some rodeos. :lol:

MacAttack

Post by MacAttack » Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:50 am

Tanfoglio does make versions with a slide decocker.

If the desire is high enough just order one. But they only come in .45, .40, and 38 super. Basically the large frame versions only.

http://www.tanfoglio.it/pdf/catalogo.pdf

Watch Ryder
LoD
They Live

Post by Watch Ryder » Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:57 pm

Got the CZ about for some double-tap action.

A bit of flip 'cause it's polymer but not bad at all. :)

froglegs888

Post by froglegs888 » Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:52 pm

Love my SP01 Tac...too heavy for EDC (IMO) but feels like it's part of my hand, and laser beam accurate...well, it will outshoot me :D

thrillbilly

Post by thrillbilly » Sat Mar 14, 2015 10:22 am

Watch Ryder wrote:Got the CZ about for some double-tap action.

that teacup grip has WAY more to do with the incredibly slow ''double tap'' then the frame material does.
Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

Watch Ryder
LoD
They Live

Post by Watch Ryder » Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:17 pm

thrillbilly wrote:
Watch Ryder wrote:Got the CZ about for some double-tap action.

that teacup grip has WAY more to do with the incredibly slow ''double tap'' then the frame material does.
I wasn't teacupping it in that video was I?! If I recall it was the weaver grip. Somewhat slow, but not incredibly slow ;)

Anyway, a faster DT right at the start of the this video. :)

Viper shtf

Post by Viper shtf » Sun Dec 06, 2015 1:22 pm

Can anyone recommend a bigger safety for a pre-B model Cz-75? I'd like something easier to disengage in a high stress situation. The stock safety is a little small, and slippery.
Also interested in wood grips instead of the stock plastic.
PistolPete wrote:Seriously, fashion is dumb. But my wife likes the way they make my ass look or the way you can follow the veins on my balls through the denim or something. Whatever. I can dress up once in a while.

zombieresponder

Post by zombieresponder » Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:55 am

Viper shtf wrote:Can anyone recommend a bigger safety for a pre-B model Cz-75? I'd like something easier to disengage in a high stress situation. The stock safety is a little small, and slippery.
Also interested in wood grips instead of the stock plastic.
Having the stocker built up via welding is the only option I know of. I don't know if I've ever seen extended safeties for B models...though admittedly I don't think I've looked either. IIRC, it's pretty tough to find even mags for the Pre B's.

Wife has a 75BD, I have a 75 and a SP01. I'd like to add a P07 and a P09.

Return to “Handguns”