My new (to me) CZ-75

Handgun, Pistol and Revolver topics

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Viper shtf

My new (to me) CZ-75

Post by Viper shtf » Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:38 pm

I saw this beauty at Cabela's, and fell in love when I held her. The price was amazing too, $400 even. So, what do y'all think about my first wundernine?

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i44/L ... 1380768512" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i44/L ... 1380768480" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i44/L ... 1380768441" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
PistolPete wrote:Seriously, fashion is dumb. But my wife likes the way they make my ass look or the way you can follow the veins on my balls through the denim or something. Whatever. I can dress up once in a while.

Mr. E. Monkey

Re: My new (to me) CZ-75

Post by Mr. E. Monkey » Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:39 pm

Viper shtf wrote:I saw this beauty at Cabela's, and fell in love when I held her. The price was amazing too, $400 even. So, what do y'all think about my first wundernine?

Pretty! :D
SMoAF wrote:'Tis better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness.
Beowolf wrote:Disasters are terrifying, but people are stupid.
wee drop o' bush wrote:THE EVIL MONKEY HAS WON THE INTERNETS! :lol: Image

crypto
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Post by crypto » Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:55 pm

I love my CZ-75, it was my first carry pistol and I still enjoy shooting it. One thing to note is that that exposed steel where the polycoat has rubbed off truly is 'in the white'. you should consider cold-blueing it, or hitting it with clear nail polish just to seal it up, or it will rust up on you as soon as the oil is gone. Old 75's are really good candidates for cerakoting.
MF'N TEAM LEADER

"Some people think that the best way to stop the leopard is to cut the horns off the gazelle. This, my friends, is insane."

JayceSlayn

Post by JayceSlayn » Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:20 pm

I have to admit belonging to the CZ fan club. Love my P-01, but I'm looking to add an SP-01 sometime too, I think.

A decent price for a solid performer, but I would also echo that it might need some lovin' on those worn spots. Love the ergonomics on these guns, though.
Rahul Telang wrote:If you don’t have a plan in place, you will find different ways to screw it up
Colin Wilson wrote:There’s no point in kicking a dead horse. If the horse is up and ready and you give it a slap on the bum, it will take off. But if it’s dead, even if you slap it, it’s not going anywhere.

Viper shtf

Post by Viper shtf » Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:14 pm

I'll look at some cold blueing stuff the next time I'm at a gunstore. Thanks for the tip guys.
PistolPete wrote:Seriously, fashion is dumb. But my wife likes the way they make my ass look or the way you can follow the veins on my balls through the denim or something. Whatever. I can dress up once in a while.

crypto
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Post by crypto » Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:21 pm

The polycoat is literally just a gloss black powdercoat, so keep in mind that the cold bluing will not look 100% right. As a long-term project, your best bet is to plan on detail stripping it, media-blasting all the finish off it, then either parkerizing, cerakoting it, or both. They look really bad-ass in FDE :D
MF'N TEAM LEADER

"Some people think that the best way to stop the leopard is to cut the horns off the gazelle. This, my friends, is insane."

JayceSlayn

Post by JayceSlayn » Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:27 pm

crypto wrote:The polycoat is literally just a gloss black powdercoat, so keep in mind that the cold bluing will not look 100% right. As a long-term project, your best bet is to plan on detail stripping it, media-blasting all the finish off it, then either parkerizing, cerakoting it, or both. They look really bad-ass in FDE :D
I haven't been on their forum forever, but IIRC someone on the CZ forums had a specific brand/color# of an automotive touch-up paint that matched the polycoat perfectly. If you are worried about the aesthetics until total refinishing becomes an option, that might be something to look into.
Rahul Telang wrote:If you don’t have a plan in place, you will find different ways to screw it up
Colin Wilson wrote:There’s no point in kicking a dead horse. If the horse is up and ready and you give it a slap on the bum, it will take off. But if it’s dead, even if you slap it, it’s not going anywhere.

crypto
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Post by crypto » Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:43 pm

Ooh, that would be worth looking for. I still havent ever wanted to detail strip mine to where I could do the full refinishing, and I certainly have my share of holster wear on mine.
MF'N TEAM LEADER

Snapshot7.62

Post by Snapshot7.62 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:07 pm

Good score! CZ's are my favorite brand of pistol, i have three, (75SS, SP-01, P-01) and the .22 kit that will run on any one of the three. Best ergonomics and accuracy of any brand of autoloader i have tried and that is quite a few! Relibility of mine has been second to none.

Great gun at a great price there. At that price i'd say it's well worth refinishing!
Suizen wrote:CZ is made of sex. Angry, ass slapping, hair pulling, filthy, dirty sex.

crypto
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Post by crypto » Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:36 pm

Seriously, cerakote. Unf. Thats a sexy beast.
MF'N TEAM LEADER

Gingerbread Man
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by Gingerbread Man » Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:11 am

^^^I had the pedestrian version of the CZ 75 SAO. Wow, was that a shooter. Traded for a Glock 19, still, the trigger on it was excellent.
Shrapnel wrote "nobody is trying to be a dick and give out warnings for every little thing" :|
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DS1icEssOUM

northernxposure

Post by northernxposure » Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:15 am

crypto wrote:Image

Seriously, cerakote. Unf. Thats a sexy beast.

HHHHHHNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGG....... :oh:

Love that two tone. Barrel parked on that one?

NXP

crypto
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Post by crypto » Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:23 am

Yeah ,all the black ones have parkerized barrels.
MF'N TEAM LEADER

Viper shtf

Post by Viper shtf » Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:19 pm

Any magazine/ammo reccomendations?

Doctorr Fabulous
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Evil Dead, Zombieland, 28 Days/Weeks Later

Post by Doctorr Fabulous » Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:31 pm

Viper shtf wrote:Any magazine/ammo reccomendations?
Mec-Gar. Sig, Beretta, CZ, and I think a few others actually have MecGAr produce their factory mags. Some of the older Sig and CZ factory mags actually say "Mec-Gar" on them, but that was changed after people realzied that paying $45 for a Sig factory mag was dumb when you could get a Mec-Gar mag of the same or greater capacity in a flush-fit that cost $30.
Opinions subject to change in light of new information.
http://i.imgur.com/wG6ZMjE.jpg

JayceSlayn

Post by JayceSlayn » Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:55 pm

Definitely Mec-Gar, like Doctorr said. I've got a few of their mags and they are pretty much identical to the factory mags except for what's stamped on the side.

I would also suggest looking at Wolff gunsprings - they carry replacements (and +5%/+10%/etc.) for every spring on the gun, including the magazines.

I haven't had a single ammunition malfunction yet that wasn't the shooter's error, and it has fed any of the deep HP bullets for self-defense that I've tried so far.

jaowens76
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Post by jaowens76 » Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:44 am

Crypto what version is that? the trigger looks different than any I have seen. Also that cerakote looks awesome.

Return to “Handguns”