Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Halfapint
Favorite Zombie Movies: all?

Re: Help me pick a 9mm

Post by Halfapint » Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:12 am

ausher wrote:
IceMyst wrote:Well I went and shot the G18
Isn't that the full auto glock 17?

Anyways. I got a cz75d pcr. I handled and shot a glock and the cz feels a lot better in the hand.
You sir are correct.... HAHA stupid typo
JeeperCreeper wrote:I like huge dicks, Halfapint, so you are OK in my book.... hahaha
Spazzy wrote:Tell ya what... If Zombies attack and the world ends I'll hook tandem toddlers to a plow if it means I'll be able to eat...

ZomCon Sargeant
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead (1978), Dead Snow, Fido, Night of the Living Dead (1968 & 1989), Day of the Dead, Zombieland, 28 Days Later, Return of the living Dead, and Shaun of the Dead.

Post by ZomCon Sargeant » Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:49 pm

ausher wrote:

Anyways. I got a cz75d pcr. I handled and shot a glock and the cz feels a lot better in the hand.
My Baby Eagle II/Jericho 941 is a CZ-75 clone and it feels the best out of all of the handguns I've ever held, even the CZ-75!. I was recently in the market for a new handgun and was looking at Glocks, FNP/X's, XD/M's, and M&P's and the Baby Eagle II feels and points better then them all (For me that is).

I already own a SIG PRO 2022, HK45, and Beretta 92fs and the Baby Eagle II is by far my favorite.

I have several friend's that own different handguns like a WWII era Luger, 1911's, Glocks, Beretta Px4's, Walther's, etc.

Don't get me wrong the Smith and Wesson M&P feels and points great too!

Anyway I just want to suggest that the OP check out the Baby Eagle II (Not the Desert Eagle Micro) M&P and if possible the M&P PRO.

All great handguns!
"ZomCon: A better life through containment"

Halfapint

Post by Halfapint » Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:47 pm

ZomCon Sargeant wrote:
ausher wrote:

My Baby Eagle II/Jericho 941 is a CZ-75 clone and it feels the best out of all of the handguns I've ever held, even the CZ-75!. I was recently in the market for a new handgun and was looking at Glocks, FNP/X's, XD/M's, and M&P's and the Baby Eagle II feels and points better then them all (For me that is).

I already own a SIG PRO 2022, HK45, and Beretta 92fs and the Baby Eagle II is by far my favorite.

I have several friend's that own different handguns like a WWII era Luger, 1911's, Glocks, Beretta Px4's, Walther's, etc.

Don't get me wrong the Smith and Wesson M&P feels and points great too!

Anyway I just want to suggest that the OP check out the Baby Eagle II (Not the Desert Eagle Micro) M&P and if possible the M&P PRO.

All great handguns!
Thanks for the recomendation I've shot the full size desert eagle and it was one hell of a gun... I'll check them out.
JeeperCreeper wrote:I like huge dicks, Halfapint, so you are OK in my book.... hahaha
Spazzy wrote:Tell ya what... If Zombies attack and the world ends I'll hook tandem toddlers to a plow if it means I'll be able to eat...

Belair56

Post by Belair56 » Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:16 pm

Try all the 9mm you can get your hands on, Ive got a Ruger sr9, P95, SW vd9, and a Beretta PXstorm.........like them all, good luck.

WRKNMAN

Post by WRKNMAN » Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:27 pm

Beretta PX4 bad a$$ weapon very reliable Image

Belair56

Post by Belair56 » Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:53 pm

I like my PX storm, got about 250 rds through it no problems

In_The_Pitt
Favorite Zombie Movies: I Am Legend (zombies or vampires, who really knows?)
Resident Evil 1-4
Dawn of the Dead

Post by In_The_Pitt » Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:58 pm

Ruger SR9
Ruger SR9c
Tristar C100
Glock 19
S&W M&Pc
Keep campaigning for an ass kicking, you're gonna get elected.
I'm not looter friendly.
We prepare so we don't end up at the Superdome.-Unknown

Dave13

Post by Dave13 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:56 pm

Anyone say G19 yet? It's my EDC.

ppfd
Favorite Zombie Movies: Night of the living dead! What else!

Post by ppfd » Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:28 pm

Dave13 wrote:Anyone say G19 yet? It's my EDC.
I don't think anyone mentioned G 19 :mrgreen:
I just bought a s&w m&p 9mm this afternoon.
I sold off all my glocks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Groucho
Favorite Zombie Movies: original Dawn of the Dead

Post by Groucho » Thu May 02, 2013 11:17 am

You might consider a Browning high power or clone. Check on gunbroker. Or a S&W 5906 also on gun broker. One of the Ruger P series perhaps. The common denominator is these aren't plastic handguns.
Three men and a woman trapped in a building, send help. If you can't send help send two more women. Groucho Marx-Duck Soup

USAF SP 72-77,US Army reserves 84-92

madoka

Post by madoka » Thu May 02, 2013 11:40 am

I own a Glock 17 and a S&W M&P9. Like you, I find something a bit awkward about the Glock and do not shoot as well with it. Some say it's the recoil or the grip angle. The S&W is a great alternative at around the same price point. Plus, you can swap out the barrel ($70) and magazines ($35) and have a M&P 40 in case you have trouble finding 9mm ammo.

With that said, I'd save a bit more and buy a used SIg P226. Used police models go for about what a new Glock or M&P go for. The Sig is a much nicer weapon and I find it the most pleasant to shoot.

prtp3warrior

Post by prtp3warrior » Thu May 02, 2013 2:44 pm

greglambert wrote:I agree with the G19 suggestion if you can afford it, if you can't look for a hi-power copy. Be sure its an exact copy therr are a lot of close but no cigar BHP's out there.

A few months ago I picked and early FEG (exact BHP copy) for $200. Mags are cheap and most BHP variants are good guns.
Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

A FEG in 9x19? I did not know they existed.

Nightwing
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shawn of the Dead, or Dead Snow

Post by Nightwing » Thu May 02, 2013 3:46 pm

Here is a very nice priced alternative, a Daewoo DP51. gunbroker has them for less then 300
"If you give up your fangs, boy, all you'll ever be is a Sheep." - AnonEmouse

Domindart
Favorite Zombie Movies: any

Post by Domindart » Fri May 03, 2013 12:29 am

Sig sp2022, got mine for $350 before tax :!:
sig and a shotgun so far...

ashwednesday
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, Zombieland, Dawn of the Dead remake, Shaun of the Dead

Post by ashwednesday » Tue May 07, 2013 2:15 pm

Domindart wrote:Sig sp2022, got mine for $350 before tax :!:
I think those SP2022's are a stellar value at that $350 mark. Good all around pistol, a little chubby for edc but so is any doublestack. I like a good traditional double action. I think the double action trigger on the is smoother than on some other popular double action guns.

Remember that mags are a bit spendy and you'll be slightly limited on available holsters.
"Flawlessly". Every time I see this word in a thread, I brace myself for bullshit. Around half the time I end up feeling vindicated.

Halfapint

Post by Halfapint » Tue May 07, 2013 3:38 pm

Thanks for some more ideas. Unfortuanatly I had to get out of my apartment quickly so I used my gun fund to get a new place. So hopefully I'll have some extra cash for a new gun shortly. In the mean time I'm going to spend the time at the range to get some more practice time. Keep the ideas coming and thanks again

Halfapint

Post by Halfapint » Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:54 am

OK.... So I'm now in a position to get a new pistol. Budget is something that can be worked with, I'm not going to limit myself to anything under say $600. That may not be all for the gun itself that my be total budget after some mods or whatever. I just want something that's reliable, and easy to shoot.

The only catch is it has to be 9mm because honestly I like the round, and I have stacked it DEEEEEEP.

I've gone though and shot a few different pistols trying to get away from the Springfields my uncle constantly drones on about. The only gun I still can't like is the Glock..... I just can't stand how it feels. It feels as though I built the gun outta Lego's, hard edges, square, blocky. It just isn't comfortable in my hand plus I think it's ugly.

I want to see what others have to say. I've shot the XDM a lot I like it other than the safety on the grip is nice to shoot, I just don't like the double safety feature. I've shot the CZ75 and I have nothing against it except it feels cheap, and I can buy the damn thing new cheaper than used (wtf?????). There's a few others I've shot but I cant remember brands/models.

So I leave it up to the hive mind of ZS help me out! Please!

Edit: Going back and reading I shot the S&W 5906 and the Sig, they were both..... Meh.... I may go and rent them all and shot them all one after another just to test them again. I'm still up to other suggestions though.

as they say variety is the spice of life right??

Beowolf
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shawn of the Dead, Aaaaaa Zombies, 28 Days Later

Post by Beowolf » Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:21 am

Beowolf wrote:Springfield XD would be an option to consider. I had one of those (XD 4"), but I ended up trading it in for the same reason that I don't like Glocks--it just doesn't feel right or fit right in my hand. I have sorta small hands for a guy who is 6'2". The S&W M&P 9c is the PERFECT 9mm for me. Just something to consider, especially if you're willing to wait for the next paycheck. You can find the compact M&P models for $500-600 used/new on gunbroker.com.
The way is shut. It was made by those who are Dead. And the Dead keep it. Until the time comes. The way is shut.
-
Keeper of the ZS Fleet Number thread.
ZS Wiki

JeeperCreeper
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Twilight... making zombies of our future generations

Post by JeeperCreeper » Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:19 am

Here is my list of budget guns that I listed on another thread, as I am in the same market for another 9mm (prices are new from online searches without FFL transfer/shipping):

-Ruger 9e $300
-Ruger P95 $300 (at my local store)
-S&W SD9 VE $300
-Walther PPX $355
-Springfield XD service $375
-SIG Sauer P250 $380
-CZ P-07 $400
-SIG Sauer SP2022 $430
-S&W M&P $445

Used is a whole other ballgame, but if it were me, I'd favor the Ruger 9e, CZ P-07, or SIG 2022.... but that's just me

If you want to push that $600 budget, I would look into these maybe:

-Beretta 92/M9
-Sprinfield XDm
-CZ 75 (I never thought they felt cheap, maybe try another one and see)
-Magnum Research Baby Eagle/Jericho
-SIG Sauer P320
-FNS/FNX line

Out of the "higher tier" guns, I love the Baby Eagle and the M9 (something about all-steel hammer-fired gets me all hot). The SIG P320 has excellent ergos as well, without the strange trigger of the SIG P250 but I believe price will go down to the SIG P250 level soon enough
They see me trollin', they hatin'.... keyboardin' tryna catch me typin' dirty
Halfapint wrote:There are some exceptions like myself and jeepercreeper.... but we are the forum asshats. We protect our positions with gusto
zero11010 wrote:The girlfriend is a good shot with a 10/22.
Her secondary offense will be nagging.

madoka

Post by madoka » Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:32 am

Stretch that budget a little and check out:

- Walther PPQ
- HK VP9
- CZ SP01

And my personal favorite:

- Sig P226

nimdabew
Favorite Zombie Movies: DOTD
I am ledgend

Post by nimdabew » Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:01 am

I have switched over to CZ's. They are great pistols. Mags are cheap, the guns are cheap new, and you can fully customize them in the convince of your kitchen with a dental pick, a dremel + polishing compound, and a website called cajin gun works. I just finished fully kitting out an SP-01 and the rare unicorn a P-02. They are niceeeee.

ETA:

Thanks Anianna!
12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:I say when Wee Drop visits the US, we make her ride a goat. You know, like those little monkey cowboys they have at some rodeos. :lol:

Gingerbread Man
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by Gingerbread Man » Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:14 am

I'm with nim, I love CZ. I've yet to have a single issue with mine. Everyone loves the grip and the trigger. The "midget" slide is easily over come with a bit of practice, like 5 minutes.
If I had to say one the PCR is too awesome. The P-01 is equally awesome. The steel 75 are great but a bit heavy for conceal carry, IMO, but all the CZs take the same magazine made by Mecgar that cost between $20-25.

That is, if you're dead set against Glock.
Shrapnel wrote "nobody is trying to be a dick and give out warnings for every little thing" :|
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DS1icEssOUM

nimdabew
Favorite Zombie Movies: DOTD
I am ledgend

Post by nimdabew » Sun Sep 14, 2014 12:01 pm

The PCR is pretty good, but I wanted a safety on mine. If I could fine a safety compact with alloy frame in the original trigger package, that didn't cost an arm and a leg, I would buy it in a heartbeat. It would give me the standard FCG and the newer Omega FCG in the same gun. I like the omega, but the trigger is creepy compared to my tuned and tricked out SP-01. I didn't think that was the case until I threw all the Cajun gun works parts in it. Now I am sadly disappointed in my P-02.
Thanks Anianna!
12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:I say when Wee Drop visits the US, we make her ride a goat. You know, like those little monkey cowboys they have at some rodeos. :lol:

Gingerbread Man
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by Gingerbread Man » Sun Sep 14, 2014 12:44 pm

Yeah, I wished they'd have stuck with the original pattern 75 mag for the P-07 and 09. Making a $400 pistol with $45 mags seems, well, stupid. Unless Mecgar produces their line of them, they make them already. I'd have at least two of the P-07s.

That gun is awesome and punches WAY above it's weight. Great trigger, manual or decocker and Glock 19 sized. Oh, CZ, you make me swoon.
Shrapnel wrote "nobody is trying to be a dick and give out warnings for every little thing" :|
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DS1icEssOUM

Return to “Handguns”