Usfa zipgun :-)

Handgun, Pistol and Revolver topics

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

beachmaster

Usfa zipgun :-)

Post by beachmaster » Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:23 am

Hey, i havent posted on here a bit... but i seem to do most of my posting when i am hit with gunlust... my current gun lust is for usfa's ZiP. It is a bullpupish 22lr pistol priced at $200. Did i mention it takes 10/22 mags!? Its a sweet TOY. i may find some way to make it practical... but really... no 22 pistol is practical for much outside of a toy...

Before some maldoon quickly looks at the website and pisses themselves about a sbr license or w/e, that is ONLY if you plan on mounting it under your existing firearm, or getting the battle stock deal for it... both of which i kinda feel are dumb... you dont need an sbr if you buy it as a pistol.

Zipfactory.com

feedthedog

Re: Usfa zipgun :-)

Post by feedthedog » Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:19 pm

Clearly I need this!

Why? I have no idea...

Nonetheless, I need it!

beachmaster

Post by beachmaster » Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:41 pm

Thats the spirit! Its good to know im not alone lol.

Now if anyone on this forum already has one and has shot it... i would love to hear about it!

Skull_Hide
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Fight O

Post by Skull_Hide » Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:52 pm

I put myself on the watch list for when they come in stock.
My Silnylon Alice pack DIY w/ 1606AF frame Hellcat
http://zombiehunters.org/forum/viewtopi ... 14&t=81955" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sig 1911-22LR pistol
http://zombiehunters.org/forum/viewtopi ... 10&t=82581" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If my post contains a misplaced/ random word = auto spell is a bitch.

TacAir

Post by TacAir » Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:21 pm

Well, an interesting product.

I'd always thought a zip gun was a bit, well, less finished

Or made to be given away...

Seems like these are right out of FM 31-210. (Or TM 31-210)
TacAir - I'd rather be a disappointed pessimist than a horrified optimist
**All my books ** some with a different view of the "PAW". Check 'em out.
Adventures in rice storage//Mod your Esbit for better stability

azrael99
Favorite Zombie Movies: night of the living dead, 28 days later, Zombieland, World war Z (when it gonna be out)

Post by azrael99 » Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:00 pm

seriously that awesome but i'm 98% sure it illegal here
"We stopped to look for monster under the bed , the day we realized that they were inside us"

beachmaster

Post by beachmaster » Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:23 pm

Can you own other 22 pistols in canada? I dont see why this one would be any different...

jamoni
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by jamoni » Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:24 pm

Interesting product, but massive marketing fail.
"Zip" doesn't exactly inspire confidence in the engineering or quality of the product, and I think they hired my nine year old as a consultant on their video.
I don't really get why it would be useful to have a .22 mounted under a rifle. I mean, I guess if it had a can on it, then maybe? Or, I dunno.
Still, the design is cool. I want to shoot one.
JoergS wrote:Realistically, I think I can launch a nine pound chain saw at 50 fps from a shoulder mounted rubber powered bazooka...
squinty wrote:I reserve the right to yell "Dookyhole!" - or it's Hebrew equivalent if such a thing exists - whilst dispensing a barrage of palm strikes at my opponent.

JTNieman

Post by JTNieman » Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:27 pm

jamoni wrote:Interesting product, but massive marketing fail.
"Zip" doesn't exactly inspire confidence in the engineering or quality of the product, and I think they hired my nine year old as a consultant on their video.
I don't really get why it would be useful to have a .22 mounted under a rifle. I mean, I guess if it had a can on it, then maybe? Or, I dunno.
That was my exact thought too. I know plenty people who thought "It's really cool for what it is.. but that marketing turns me off"

If they'd just market it as what it is, I bet they'd have more people "on the fence" actually decide to buy one on a whim. It's cheap enough to get on a whim, for some.

I mean... it's a lil handgun that takes Ruger 10/22 mags from 10, 25, or drum capacities... that's kinda neato.

Caenus
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: the ones where people turn into zombies

Post by Caenus » Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:37 pm

It gets 50 cool points just for being completely different. Nice.
"If guns kill people, then I can blame mispelled words on my pencil." - Larry the Cable Guy

Check out my Zombie Novels!; Phoenix Rising; ...and the sequel: Through the Ashes

azrael99
Favorite Zombie Movies: night of the living dead, 28 days later, Zombieland, World war Z (when it gonna be out)

Post by azrael99 » Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:47 pm

beachmaster wrote:Can you own other 22 pistols in canada? I dont see why this one would be any different...
barrel lenght that all .

can't be too short.
"We stopped to look for monster under the bed , the day we realized that they were inside us"

Kutter_0311
Favorite Zombie Movies: too many to get into...

Post by Kutter_0311 » Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:34 pm

Looks neat as hell, but I'm not sure what I'd actually use it for.

Yeah, I want one. Just to fuck with, really.
JAYNE COBB wrote: Well, what you plan and what takes place ain't ever exactly been similar.
TravisM.1 wrote:If a rifle is an option, a rifle is usually the answer.
minengr wrote:I've said it numerous times, a quality rig is only as good as it's weakest link. Which usually is the nut behind the butt.

Razor
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Razor » Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:52 pm

TacAir wrote:Well, an interesting product.

I'd always thought a zip gun was a bit, well, less finished

Or made to be given away...

Seems like these are right out of FM 31-210. (Or TM 31-210)
This is what I thought when I first saw this topic.
jamoni wrote:Interesting product, but massive marketing fail.
And this.

But with all that being said I think this is a really cool product and would love to have it for no other reason then having it. I'm just interested in seeing how it does when other people have/use it right now it reminds me of the super cool Kel-tec products that no one can ever find available.
Absit invidia.

azrael99

Post by azrael99 » Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:30 pm

if it's legal here and i get my restricted licence it would be a sweet secondary at range

but i don't see it as another thing than a range toy.

feedthedog

Post by feedthedog » Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:36 pm

Kutter_0311 wrote:Looks neat as hell, but I'm not sure what I'd actually use it for.
If I needed a reason to buy things, then I wouldn't have half the fun stuff that I have now.

beachmaster

Post by beachmaster » Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:41 pm

I forget the barrel length... but i think it is 5.8 inches... it is a bullpup style setup, so the length of the barrel that you see could be misleading. Idk anything about canada, i wont lie, but i would assume based on barrel length that your good. :-)

Yeah, i see this as a toy. There is a dealer 38 miles from me (according to the website) i think ill give them a call :-)

Skull_Hide
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Fight O

Post by Skull_Hide » Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:16 pm

Beachmaster, when you call your dealer please post the time he gives you. I called to ask for a local dealer and they directed me to Gallery of Guns so I'm watching it, so I have no idea when they'll come in.
My Silnylon Alice pack DIY w/ 1606AF frame Hellcat
http://zombiehunters.org/forum/viewtopi ... 14&t=81955" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sig 1911-22LR pistol
http://zombiehunters.org/forum/viewtopi ... 10&t=82581" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If my post contains a misplaced/ random word = auto spell is a bitch.

jamoni
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by jamoni » Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:44 am

For the SBR, I'd also like to see an ultra minimal folding stock version. The Survival kit thingy is cool, but for a pack gun, I'd want a stock just as portable as the gun.
JoergS wrote:Realistically, I think I can launch a nine pound chain saw at 50 fps from a shoulder mounted rubber powered bazooka...
squinty wrote:I reserve the right to yell "Dookyhole!" - or it's Hebrew equivalent if such a thing exists - whilst dispensing a barrage of palm strikes at my opponent.

jamoni
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by jamoni » Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:55 am

"Operators welcome!"
teehee.

Turtlewolf
Favorite Zombie Movies: Almost all of them........some suck balls though.

Post by Turtlewolf » Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:47 pm

beachmaster wrote:I forget the barrel length... but i think it is 5.8 inches... it is a bullpup style setup, so the length of the barrel that you see could be misleading. Idk anything about canada, i wont lie, but i would assume based on barrel length that your good. :-)

Yeah, i see this as a toy. There is a dealer 38 miles from me (according to the website) i think ill give them a call :-)
5.8" barrel would be allowed in Canada, as a matter of fact if the entire "rifle" was over 26.1" it would be a non restricted (un regulated) rifle if it could pass the RCMP's inspection and someone wanted to import them. Yup we can have what you poor Americans have to register as an SBR for basicaly free as long as it isn't a semi automatic center fire, then we get them too but they are regulated like hand guns.
Yea, the over all on the rifle is only 18"-too bad!
------------------------------------------------------
Save a life, delete a Face Book account today.
You can drop your knife, loose your rifle but keep an eye on your axe.
Humanity does not survive alone.

beachmaster

Post by beachmaster » Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:31 pm

Ill let yall know what the local dealer says tomorrow :-)

Dave_M
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by Dave_M » Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:31 pm

jamoni wrote:I don't really get why it would be useful to have a .22 mounted under a rifle. I mean, I guess if it had a can on it, then maybe? Or, I dunno.
Well, if it's mounted under a rifle then it (the pistol) has to be registered as an SBR (just like how an SBS shorty shotty can be mounted under a rifle (because the rifle stock becomes the defacto stock for the SBS) and an AOW shorty shotgun cannot (since AOW's cannot have buttstocks)).

When mounted on a pistol (as shown in the video) then the pistol would have to be a registered SBR (I think in the video description it does call it an SBR) because you're adding a, 'second grip' to the pistol with the other pistol (I suppose maybe this can be done as an AOW legally. Hmm, would both have to be SBR's/AOW's? That goes beyond my knowledge.

Anywho, appears to be a slightly upgraded though less useful (if that says anything about it...) than this concept:

Which is, umm.......

So, Jamoni, thinking about it suppressed, still not seeing it. If one is using it as a, 'hush puppy' typically it is a separate system (suppressed Mk-series or suppressed 10/22 depending on who and where it's being used). Actually, this is by the large the way most special-purpose tools are utilized. Yes, crossovers exist (like the, 'Masterkey') but they usually are not worth the weight when 99% of the time you aren't breaching a door (even then, there are other ways to do it that don't require hanging something clumsy and heavy off the forend 24x7 regardless of the situation).

Furthermore, on a, 'hush puppy' accuracy matters greatly, and typically the longer the distance the greater the precision required. Separate optic for the under-mounted suppressed .22lr? Man, think of the HOB...

All-in-all, well..... I would like to play with one but I'm not spending real money on a product with limited use combined with marketing for, "real 0per@t0rz!"

I love America and Capitalism. I hope they sell a million (I just won't be one of the ones buying one).
Dave Merrill
Instructor for MilCopp Tactical LLC.

Rifle first. Rifle last. Rifle always.
Civilian Scout wrote:No one buys a Taurus because it's the best option available.

TDW586
Location: Here, unless I'm not, in which case, somewhere else

Post by TDW586 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:43 pm

Mounted under a rifle, hell to the fuck no. But as a high cap .22 pistol compatible with 10/22 mags I already have? Awesome.

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Tapatalk 2

Doctorr Fabulous
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Evil Dead, Zombieland, 28 Days/Weeks Later

Post by Doctorr Fabulous » Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:46 pm

I'd be more interested in a Liberator-esque survival pistol for cheap. the $600 for a new Liberator makes it out of the question, but for $75 I'd throw a decently accurate 4-shot revolver in a survival kit is it was small enough. Mostly because it would be cheap and fun to pretend I was James Bond or behind enemy lines.
Opinions subject to change in light of new information.
http://i.imgur.com/wG6ZMjE.jpg

Return to “Handguns”