eBooks what ones

Reviews of books, manuals or other texts.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Post Reply
RocktownLivingDead
* * *
Posts: 600
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:56 pm

eBooks what ones

Post by RocktownLivingDead » Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:03 pm

Hi all I'm looking for some eBooks to buy if I get a Kindle for Christmas. I like to read anything and everything and if there is a new author out there that is good feel free to post and let me know.

Thanks everyone.

User avatar
Lex1785
* *
Posts: 264
Joined: Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:01 pm
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days/Weeks Later. Dawn of the Dead.
Location: Fort Laramie, Wyoming

Re: eBooks what ones

Post by Lex1785 » Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:10 pm

Larry Corriea has a bunch of good books. His Monster Hunter series is awesome as well as Grimmoire
The Hooba Dooba broke, my blog from tactical to nonsense.

- Size doesn't matter. Its all about shot placement. -

Semper Fi.

RocktownLivingDead
* * *
Posts: 600
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:56 pm

Re: eBooks what ones

Post by RocktownLivingDead » Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:33 am

Lex1785 wrote:Larry Corriea has a bunch of good books. His Monster Hunter series is awesome as well as Grimmoire
Thanks and that is one I have had on my list for print but will now add to eBook list. I'm so old school I love print I gotta get used to eBooks.

Equuleus
* *
Posts: 143
Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:40 pm
Location: Charleston, SC

eBooks what ones

Post by Equuleus » Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:31 pm

I switched to ebooks about two years ago now and have about 200 books so far. Started out on my iPhone and then picked up an iPad in June and just love it. I mostly read political thrillers (Vince Flynn/Michael Walsh/Brad Thor), scifi (Frank & Brian Herbert) and crime books (David Baldacci/Robert Crass) though I have put away about eight zombie books (Peter Clines/Max Brooks/Z. A. Recht/J. L. Bourne). To tell you the truth, I haven't picked up a real book in a long time.
Image

RocktownLivingDead
* * *
Posts: 600
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:56 pm

Re: eBooks what ones

Post by RocktownLivingDead » Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:39 pm

Equuleus wrote:I switched to ebooks about two years ago now and have about 200 books so far. Started out on my iPhone and then picked up an iPad in June and just love it. I mostly read political thrillers (Vince Flynn/Michael Walsh/Brad Thor), scifi (Frank & Brian Herbert) and crime books (David Baldacci/Robert Crass) though I have put away about eight zombie books (Peter Clines/Max Brooks/Z. A. Recht/J. L. Bourne). To tell you the truth, I haven't picked up a real book in a long time.
I think this will take me some time to get used to as I love print and the feel of books.

I have a couple of Brad Thor's books just have not read them yet. Thanks I will look up those authors.

I dont know Peter Clines so I will have to look that author up.

User avatar
modustollens
* * *
Posts: 550
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:51 am

Re: eBooks what ones

Post by modustollens » Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:11 pm

I am reading Hayek's 'Road to Serfdom' on my android. It is about political economy. Good read; very relevant for today's world... Google the .epub and you'll find it...
My homemade stove:Homemade Backpack Stove
Radio Page: VE3EFQ

Equuleus
* *
Posts: 143
Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:40 pm
Location: Charleston, SC

eBooks what ones

Post by Equuleus » Sun Dec 11, 2011 5:37 am

USMCguysak47 wrote: I dont know Peter Clines so I will have to look that author up.
He has written two zombie/super hero books. Wasn't expecting much because that's not my thing, but ended up liking them a lot.
Image

User avatar
mclary2220
* *
Posts: 131
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:21 pm
Contact:

Re: eBooks what ones

Post by mclary2220 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:38 am

Larry Corriea writes some very entertaining books! can't go wrong with him. you can also find a lot of authors from this site that are really good. my kindle list keeps growing because of this site

User avatar
TacAir
* * * * *
Posts: 8174
Joined: Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:01 pm
Contact:

Re: eBooks what ones

Post by TacAir » Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:28 pm

mclary2220 wrote:Larry Corriea writes some very entertaining books! can't go wrong with him. you can also find a lot of authors from this site that are really good. my kindle list keeps growing because of this site

Ooh, OOh, pick me - pick me!

At least the books are in Kindle and are on sale now.
Book three finished up today (hoo-rah) and should be out at the first of the year. Then the price for @2 and 3 will go to $5.99 and book 1 will stay at $3.99.

If you are interested in post-apocalyptic fiction.
TacAir - I'd rather be a disappointed pessimist than a horrified optimist
**All my books ** some with a different view of the "PAW". Check 'em out.
Adventures in rice storage//Mod your Esbit for better stability

RocktownLivingDead
* * *
Posts: 600
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:56 pm

Re: eBooks what ones

Post by RocktownLivingDead » Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:38 pm

TacAir wrote:
mclary2220 wrote:Larry Corriea writes some very entertaining books! can't go wrong with him. you can also find a lot of authors from this site that are really good. my kindle list keeps growing because of this site

Ooh, OOh, pick me - pick me!

At least the books are in Kindle and are on sale now.
Book three finished up today (hoo-rah) and should be out at the first of the year. Then the price for @2 and 3 will go to $5.99 and book 1 will stay at $3.99.

If you are interested in post-apocalyptic fiction.
What are you books? I'm interested I love PAW type books.

Azraeleternity
* *
Posts: 109
Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:47 pm
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of the Dead, 28 Days Later (haven't seen many)
Location: Santa Rosa, CA

Re: eBooks what ones

Post by Azraeleternity » Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:28 pm

I just finished a book on my cell phone's Kindle app called "Life Among the Dead" by Daniel Cotton. It was $3 and is 598 pages. It took me about a week or so of some solid reading to finish. Overall I'd say 9/10 with the point deduction largely being grammatical and spelling errors, which were infrequent enough to be considered a concern, and that no book ever deserves a 10/10 (because no book will ever be perfect). Highly recommend.
ZSC:015 North-California/Bay Area
Jeriah wrote:"I'm fucking perfect. I'm a god among men. I'm like Charlie Sheen's penis if it could hold a gun."
Y.T. wrote:my first year at Burning Man I brought Twinkies.
those things were like fucking gold.
I could've bartered for a frickin car with Twinkies.

User avatar
rgrlgn7
Posts: 24
Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:25 pm
Favorite Zombie Movies: The Walking Dead
Location: Kansas City, MO
Contact:

Re: eBooks what ones

Post by rgrlgn7 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:25 am

There is a series of books on Kindle by Mark Tufo called "Zombie Fallout". They are a wonderful and excited series. I recommend them highly.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

Roger Brough
* *
Posts: 124
Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:54 pm
Location: USA

Re: eBooks what ones

Post by Roger Brough » Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:34 pm

Try "Friends From Damascus" by Clifford Happy as well.

His background:

1st Sgt Clifford Happy, USMC (Ret.)
Infantry
People put too much emphasis on ole’ Charlie Darwin’s theory about the survival of the fittest. It has produced a cottage industry of shake-weights, special-muscle-morphing powder drinks, and girly men that sell exercise videos. Not me.
See, this here is the 1911.”

~Peter S. Thompson”

RocktownLivingDead
* * *
Posts: 600
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:56 pm

Re: eBooks what ones

Post by RocktownLivingDead » Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:24 pm

Roger Brough wrote:Try "Friends From Damascus" by Clifford Happy as well.

His background:

1st Sgt Clifford Happy, USMC (Ret.)
Infantry
Thank you I will check it out.

Caenus
ZS Member
ZS Member
Posts: 3635
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2007 7:56 pm
Favorite Zombie Movies: the ones where people turn into zombies
Location: Arizonastan

Re: eBooks what ones

Post by Caenus » Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:02 pm

I've read the "A New World" series by O'brien. Pretty good and entertaining. They have the "I am Legend" type zombies in it.
Last edited by Caenus on Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"If guns kill people, then I can blame mispelled words on my pencil." - Larry the Cable Guy

Check out my Zombie Novels!; Phoenix Rising; ...and the sequel: Through the Ashes

RictusGrin
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:28 pm
Location: East Coast
Contact:

Re: eBooks what ones

Post by RictusGrin » Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:42 pm

So here's a shameless plug for my new novel... check out Zombie Youth: Playground Politics recently published through Severed Press and available through Amazon. You can read some more about it at http://www.hegoodhue.wordpress.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and Amazon. Thanks for your consideration.

What will the children do when the adults suddenly die? Worse yet, what will they do when the adults do not stay dead?

Playground Politics is the first novel in a new apocalyptic series following a group of students left behind after much of the world has died. With no guidance or supervision they are left to recreate society as they see fit. But not everyone shares the children’s vision of the future…

“Cover-to-cover apocalyptic thrills and tension – unrelenting.”
-David Dunwoody, author of EMPIRE and THE HARVEST CYCLE

RocktownLivingDead
* * *
Posts: 600
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:56 pm

Re: eBooks what ones

Post by RocktownLivingDead » Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:03 am

RictusGrin wrote:So here's a shameless plug for my new novel... check out Zombie Youth: Playground Politics recently published through Severed Press and available through Amazon. You can read some more about it at http://www.hegoodhue.wordpress.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and Amazon. Thanks for your consideration.

What will the children do when the adults suddenly die? Worse yet, what will they do when the adults do not stay dead?

Playground Politics is the first novel in a new apocalyptic series following a group of students left behind after much of the world has died. With no guidance or supervision they are left to recreate society as they see fit. But not everyone shares the children’s vision of the future…

“Cover-to-cover apocalyptic thrills and tension – unrelenting.”
-David Dunwoody, author of EMPIRE and THE HARVEST CYCLE
Thank you, I just checked out your thread and read a little of your book. I will be checking it out for sure!!!

RictusGrin
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:28 pm
Location: East Coast
Contact:

Re: eBooks what ones

Post by RictusGrin » Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:14 pm

USMCguysak47 wrote:
RictusGrin wrote:So here's a shameless plug for my new novel... check out Zombie Youth: Playground Politics recently published through Severed Press and available through Amazon. You can read some more about it at http://www.hegoodhue.wordpress.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and Amazon. Thanks for your consideration.

What will the children do when the adults suddenly die? Worse yet, what will they do when the adults do not stay dead?

Playground Politics is the first novel in a new apocalyptic series following a group of students left behind after much of the world has died. With no guidance or supervision they are left to recreate society as they see fit. But not everyone shares the children’s vision of the future…

“Cover-to-cover apocalyptic thrills and tension – unrelenting.”
-David Dunwoody, author of EMPIRE and THE HARVEST CYCLE
Thank you, I just checked out your thread and read a little of your book. I will be checking it out for sure!!!

It's greatly appreciated! If you have time, please drop a review on Amazon afterwards. I'd love to hear what people are thinking. Thanks again!

Caenus
ZS Member
ZS Member
Posts: 3635
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2007 7:56 pm
Favorite Zombie Movies: the ones where people turn into zombies
Location: Arizonastan

Re: eBooks what ones

Post by Caenus » Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:28 pm

I've received a lot of emails from friends and family about my first Kindle book "Phoenix Rising" (Ayers).

Next book will have a better editor!
"If guns kill people, then I can blame mispelled words on my pencil." - Larry the Cable Guy

Check out my Zombie Novels!; Phoenix Rising; ...and the sequel: Through the Ashes

obsidian
Posts: 11
Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:30 am

Re: eBooks what ones

Post by obsidian » Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:08 am

"Zomblog" was excellent. Also "Alice in Deadland" was pretty good. Liked both of the books.

Post Reply

Return to “Books”