EDEN book review

Reviews of books, manuals or other texts.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

RocktownLivingDead

EDEN book review

Post by RocktownLivingDead » Sun Apr 13, 2008 6:05 pm

Hi all wanted to talk a little about the book EDEN. I have just started it and wow Im hooked. Im in school right now taking web design and between trying to finsh my project and reading Im kept busy. I keep stoping on my project and picking up the book its that good.

I started the book at a doctors appointment and there was to many people talking for me to really get into the book. I just wanted to yell out hey im trying to read a zombie novel and to shut up. I find most books I can read a little and get lost for a second or so and come back to it a few pages down the raod. This is one book I cant I wanted to jump into it deep and keep reading because I was hooked from the start. I love how it starts out and then jumps right into the action.

Im putting a link where to buy the book check this one out you wont be sorry.

http://www.amazon.com/Eden-Tommy-Arlin- ... 859&sr=1-3

TheFreakinBear
Favorite Zombie Movies: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Trilogy, Boondock Saints, 300, Snatch, Ghostbusters, Ice Age.

Post by TheFreakinBear » Sun Apr 13, 2008 7:29 pm

+1 to everything he said.

This is a great book and I couldn't put it down until I fell asleep or had to go to work. I just finished it today and it's a phenomenal book. I would say that this book gives other zombie novels a run for their money. I recommend this to everyone interested in the zombie genre.

RocktownLivingDead

Post by RocktownLivingDead » Tue Apr 15, 2008 1:16 pm

Hey TheFreakinBear I think so to it has something in it for everyone. I have not read or sean a book or movie that combines as many of the types of zombies. I really like the style of writing and just the way it flows. GH if your reading hope to see more of your writing in the future man. Great book.

Oh one other thing I wanted to add Im not sure if GH has a military background or a shooting background but the weapons he used so far where Im at in the book are dead on in terms used. I like that in a book and a lot even me will make mistakes about weapons. So another tip of the hat to you on that one GH.

SkullGirl

Post by SkullGirl » Tue Apr 15, 2008 4:18 pm

Must. Get. This. Book.
- Bacon is like a little hug from GOD

GHGut

Post by GHGut » Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:22 pm

I like guns. Used to live in North Carolina where we could go out into the woods and blow away watermelons and water-filled 2 liter soda bottles at will. Owned a Colt Python .357 Magnum once. Hence Harris is packin'.

I tried to depict an array of characters sympathetically, from pretty much straight laced Harris to once evil Buddy to the atheist Panas and the Born Again Bear...In the original draft Bobby was going to live to escape, but it made more sense to me what happens to him down in the basement.

Markowski was a lot of fun to write because he's so over the top!

Maddawgmax
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead, 28 Days Later, 28 Weeks Later, Shaun of the Dead, Fido, etc.

Post by Maddawgmax » Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:45 pm

Greatest zombie book I have ever read! Great job Tony! :D I recommend this to everyone here!

GHGut

Post by GHGut » Wed Apr 16, 2008 5:05 pm

Maddawgmax wrote:Greatest zombie book I have ever read! Great job Tony! :D I recommend this to everyone here!
Thank you so much Maddawgmax! If any of you guys (and glas) who read it and liked it had the time and inclination to post a short blurb on Amazon I'd really appreciate that too.

The link is...
http://www.amazon.com/Eden-Tommy-Arlin- ... 519&sr=1-1

GHGut

Post by GHGut » Wed Apr 16, 2008 5:06 pm

GHGut wrote:
Maddawgmax wrote:Greatest zombie book I have ever read! Great job Tony! :D I recommend this to everyone here!
Thank you so much Maddawgmax! If any of you guys (and glas) who read it and liked it had the time and inclination to post a short blurb on Amazon I'd really appreciate that too.

The link is...
http://www.amazon.com/Eden-Tommy-Arlin- ... 519&sr=1-1
That was supposed to say (and gals)!

Dirty Irish
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Army of Darkness, Dawn of the Dead, Night of the Living Dead, Return of the Living Dead (all of them), Shaun of the Dead, Fido, Zombieland, Zombie Strippers, Dance of the Dead, among others...

Post by Dirty Irish » Wed Apr 16, 2008 5:32 pm

TheFreakinBear wrote:+1 to everything he said.

This is a great book and I couldn't put it down until I fell asleep or had to go to work. I just finished it today and it's a phenomenal book. I would say that this book gives other zombie novels a run for their money. I recommend this to everyone interested in the zombie genre.

Got to agree with everything said thus far. I just finished it last night and it's great. It had me going from page one and like TheFreakinBear, I didn't put it down unless I was working/sleeping/spending time with the family.

GHGut

Post by GHGut » Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:47 am

RONIN0520 wrote:
TheFreakinBear wrote:+1 to everything he said.

Got to agree with everything said thus far. I just finished it last night and it's great. It had me going from page one and like TheFreakinBear, I didn't put it down unless I was working/sleeping/spending time with the family.
As an author it doesn't get much better than that!!! Thank you!!!

RocktownLivingDead

Post by RocktownLivingDead » Sun Apr 20, 2008 7:07 pm

The more I read the book and seeing how the people reflect back in time it reminds me of the book The Road but much much better book. I like EDEN a lot better then The Road.

Famine
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of The Dead, Night of the Living Dead

Post by Famine » Sun Apr 20, 2008 8:03 pm

I finished the book Tony, and I wanted to say that it was a good read. I had a blast, and couldn't put the book down until I finished it.

Cheers again mate, I'll be recommending it to my friends!

Kevin
NNYWCT Alum! We Bug Out Harder!
crypto wrote:Well, if you are thinking of moving into a house, and all the signs on the street every 50 feet warn in giant block letters: GUNS WILL BE TAKEN IF THERE IS MORE THAN 3 INCHES OF SNOW, you may want to re-think living there.

GHGut

Post by GHGut » Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:43 am

Famine wrote:I finished the book Tony, and I wanted to say that it was a good read. I had a blast, and couldn't put the book down until I finished it.

Cheers again mate, I'll be recommending it to my friends!

Kevin
Thanks Kevin! Cool Avatar too! (McCarthy is probably my favorite contemporary writer; Anton one of my favorite chatacters in all his fiction, though the Judge Holden from Blood Meridian is probably my #1 bad guy).

Anyone who read the book, enjoyed it, and is able would REALLY be helping me out by posting a short (1-2 sentence) review on Amazon.com at
http://www.amazon.com/Eden-Tommy-Arlin- ... 905&sr=8-1

meanstreak

Post by meanstreak » Wed Apr 23, 2008 12:51 pm

Well, I'm bummed. I called the bookstore and they said Eden was out of print but they could order a used copy for me. It's gonna take 2 to 3 weeks which really sucks since I am going on vacation next week.

Anybody wanna sell there copy or loan it out? Perhaps a trade? I have several other zombie related books!
My blog - Bunker 19

"The only thing harder than preparing ahead of time is having to explain why you didn’t" - Gabe Suarez

What part of "Shall Not Infringe" do you not understand?

Jamie
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: DOTD04, Special Dead, Shaun of the Dead, 28 ______ Later

Post by Jamie » Wed Apr 23, 2008 12:56 pm

Order it from the amazon link above, it should reach you by next week...

nfa
"I don't want to survive. I want to live. " - Captain B. McCrea

My Blog and website, dealing largely with my writing projects...I've published two novels, "Here Be Monsters" and "Caretakers", along with a pair of eBooks, "Mickey Slips" and "Bound for Home"...check them out!

RocktownLivingDead

Post by RocktownLivingDead » Wed Apr 23, 2008 4:58 pm

meanstreak wrote:Well, I'm bummed. I called the bookstore and they said Eden was out of print but they could order a used copy for me. It's gonna take 2 to 3 weeks which really sucks since I am going on vacation next week.

Anybody wanna sell there copy or loan it out? Perhaps a trade? I have several other zombie related books!
The book is a new release shouldnt be out I bet they had the wrong book. Like someone said use amazone.com you will have it fast.

I finished it the other night and wow didnt see that ending coming. Great Great Great book.

cybrus

Post by cybrus » Thu Apr 24, 2008 7:21 am

Posted my review - gave it 4 stars and that is only due to the editing issues. I thought the story was excellent and, though it took a bit to get used to, I enjoyed the way the story jumped around. I liked the new "take" on zombies with the different types and I also really enjoyed the pace changes.
If we couldn’t laugh we would all go insane

GHGut

Post by GHGut » Thu Apr 24, 2008 4:46 pm

cybrus wrote:Posted my review - gave it 4 stars and that is only due to the editing issues. I thought the story was excellent and, though it took a bit to get used to, I enjoyed the way the story jumped around. I liked the new "take" on zombies with the different types and I also really enjoyed the pace changes.
Thank you for your review!!!

GHGut

Post by GHGut » Thu Apr 24, 2008 5:01 pm

SkullGirl wrote:Must. Get. This. Book.
Skull Girl...I've been meaning to ask...was that an endorsement, like, hey, you gotta read this book, or was it meant like, hey, I want to read this book? Sorry. I'm obtuse sometimes.

RocktownLivingDead

Re: EDEN book review

Post by RocktownLivingDead » Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:16 pm

Bumping this review to the top and also adding its now a Permuted Press title. I thought I changed it here but I didnt.

if you have not picked up EDEN head on over to http://www.permutedpress.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and pick it up great book and its one that will hook you fast. Im going to go pick it up off the book shelf and read again. Now stop reading what I posted and pick up a copy of EDEN at http://www.permutedpress.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; lock your doors and turn the lights on and dont worry about that bump outisde or in the house. Only in EDEN things happen to find out what get the book.

RocktownLivingDead

Post by RocktownLivingDead » Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:32 pm

Ok who put this on their list for ZedMiss come on now if you have not done it go over to amazon.com and get it.

So now stop reading me and go get this book................... :mrgreen:

TheFreakinBear
Favorite Zombie Movies: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Trilogy, Boondock Saints, 300, Snatch, Ghostbusters, Ice Age.

Post by TheFreakinBear » Fri Dec 25, 2009 6:09 pm

+1. I was actually just going to go back and read it again. It's such an awesome book.
ImageImage

joustin

Post by joustin » Sun Dec 27, 2009 9:04 pm

I just finished it, it was impressive to say the least. It is a must have IMO.
Death is what makes life so precious, for when it comes we learn the true value of living.

RocktownLivingDead

Post by RocktownLivingDead » Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:25 pm

joustin wrote:I just finished it, it was impressive to say the least. It is a must have IMO.
Yeah the book is very goooooooooooooooood. Im going to go back and read it again. I think this book has anything and everything for a zombie fan and PAW fan as well.

The book left me waiting and wanting more of EDEN.

I just told some one else that was looking for a book on ZPAW and PAW and I told them if you read all the books he had listed he missed one of the best if not the best book EDEN.

I HOPE PERMUTED PRESS AND POCKET BOOKS READ THIS AS EDEN NEEDS TO BE PUT OUT IN MASS MARKET...........IF YOUR READING THIS STOP AND PUT IT OUT IN THE STORE NOT JUST ONLINE BUT A REAL LIVE (ZOMBIE) STORE.

BTT For one of the best zombie books ever and a GREAT AUTHOER.

Return to “Books”