"No Stock Needed" AR Pistol Alternative to Shoulder Stock

Forum dedicated for rifles and shotguns from basic to tactical.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

homerj109
Favorite Zombie Movies: Zombieland, Shaun of the Dead

Post by homerj109 » Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:01 am

I thought I would share this interesting new chin stock alternative to traditional AR shoulder stocks. I have limited experience with AR pistols but those of you who do may find this interesting. No idea yet if this would end up being classified as an SBR or pistol.

https://halix.co/images/screen3.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

https://halix.co/innovations.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Tetra Grammaton Cleric
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Re: "No Stock Needed" AR Pistol Alternative to Shoulder Stoc

Post by Tetra Grammaton Cleric » Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:50 am

:?

-
"I shoot the dead." - Harlen Maguire, The Road to Perdition.

FAK SURVIVOR GARDEN
Hk33k - in memorium.
-

Doctorr Fabulous
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Evil Dead, Zombieland, 28 Days/Weeks Later

Post by Doctorr Fabulous » Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:02 am

"I trust dentagrip so much, I don't need a stock on my .50Beowulf!"
Opinions subject to change in light of new information.
http://i.imgur.com/wG6ZMjE.jpg

Redeyes
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Favorite Zombie Movies: Night of The Living Dead 1968

Post by Redeyes » Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:16 am

I wonder how fast and accurately someone could really shoot with that thing. Even with .556 the heads of the users were flipping up with every shot. Also, if you fell while using it or ran into a barrier with your muzzle it could hurt your jaw and teeth pretty bad. Who knows what problems many recoil impulses transmitted directly to the mandible could cause.

Purely for my own amusement, I would like to see a video of someone running this with a mandibular shielded helmet.

Homerj, I know you may get dogpiled because of this thread. I don't really want to be a part of something like that, but I really don't think this thing is a good idea. Nothing personal.

Eta; The guy is charging $250 for this thing. That is about what you would pay for a tax stamp and engraving.

Team Beards&Irons MilCopp 2013

Browning 35 for ZS President 2016. Make Zombie Squad Great Again!

Makarov
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of the Dead
The Walking Dead

Post by Makarov » Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:04 am

Since I had some time to kill I actually flipped trough their homepage, and read up on it. While I think it's clown shoes, I see that the guy's really open about his product, and is actually being polite about the flak he's taking. He's willing to answer the questions, and actually have a(on paper) sound reasoning behind the use/need of this product(in comparison to some other "inventors" of AR stuff we've seen in the last year...)

They've even got a page with links to all webdiscussions on this product.

Still, for a proposed retail of $250 I think this(if it ever get of the ground) is kinda useless for the majority of the AR community.
Thomas

Der skal Kugle til en Thrønder

RIP hk33k

Drunkengunner
Favorite Zombie Movies: Zombieland

Post by Drunkengunner » Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:12 am

Interesting idea and it might be for some people, but I think I would have to pass on that one. Taking all the recoil, as little as it might be, and pushing it right back into my jaw just sounds like a recipe for disaster. I would love to see someone shoot with that and have it knock them out. It doesn't really take that much if it's just right, haven't they ever watched UFC?
Amanda (my wife): "Gunner do you know what zombies are?"
Gunner (my 4 year old): "Bad guys."
Me: "And what do we do when we see zombies?"
Gunner: "Kill them?"
Me: "That's right, we kill them...again."

Tribunal Power
Favorite Zombie Movies: Zombieland, Shawn of the Dead... Really, I prefer zombie video games.

Post by Tribunal Power » Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:25 am

Hm. It's very... Interesting. Innovative, in a think-outside-the-box-but-there's-a-reason-most-people-think-inside-the-box kind of way.

There is a lot of skepticism to overcome here, though, and it may be too much for the product. Most people are not going to want to shell $250 for something that distributes the recoil of a firearm into their face, just on the principle of the matter.

I would love to take one out and try it, to see for myself if it's legit. The video was fairly convincing I suppose, but I just can't see how this would be comfortable. If it WAS comfortable, I can understand the HD argument.

I'd like to see some bigger names give the product an evaluation. Maybe send a complementary package to Dave at Milcopp to give it a shot or fifteen hundred. If he gets behind it, everyone on ZS knows it's legit.

Barring that, I just don't think even I can swallow taking recoil in the head. Shoulder stocks are comfortable, familiar, and help stabilize the weapon... None of those things translate well to my chin. Shooting is believing, I suppose.

Gingerbread Man
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by Gingerbread Man » Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:37 am

For $250 you could have a tax stamp SBR and $25 for the engraving. That would leave you $25 for a din-din for yo'self and yo'girl.

SBRs, once they're registered can be taken with you. All you have to do is file a change of address form. The ATF notifies the local LEO. Soon, the LEO notification is going away so it's just a change of address form.

Edit, I think it's a poor idea. The chin is not a 3rd point of contact.
Shrapnel wrote "nobody is trying to be a dick and give out warnings for every little thing" :|
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DS1icEssOUM

offcamber

Post by offcamber » Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:15 am

F that thing. The guys jaw is taking a beating in the promo vid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VImAABTL ... r_embedded

I'm sure my dentist would love my explanation of how I chipped a tooth using that ridiculousness.

BlondeGuy

Post by BlondeGuy » Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:32 am

I shoot the AR pistol using a 3 point sling. In order to get stability, I push forward on the grips and find that it's just about as good as a stock.

Jesus Christ and American veterans and the only two forces willing to give up their lives for you.

Oneswunk
Favorite Zombie Movies: Well, your mum rang about you going round tomorrow night, and then Liz rang about the two of you eating out tonight, and then your mum rang back to see if I wanted to eat her out tonight.

Post by Oneswunk » Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:57 am

~taking it on the chin joke~
KEEPER OF THE MEATWORLD SPICEWEASEL.
JoergS wrote:The power of 30 English longbowmen, at your fingertips... sweet.
Vicarious_Lee wrote:I have boners in places I didn't even know I had dicks. :D :D :D

My B.O.A.T
My jeep build
My FAKs

homerj109
Favorite Zombie Movies: Zombieland, Shaun of the Dead

Post by homerj109 » Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:00 pm

Redeyes wrote: Homerj, I know you may get dogpiled because of this thread. I don't really want to be a part of something like that, but I really don't think this thing is a good idea. Nothing personal.
Not at all, I am not an advocate of this thing either way, I don't even have a SBR or AR Pistol which precludes me from even having an real opinion on this. Just wanted to see what those that do have an AR Pistol would have to say.

DarkAxel
Favorite Zombie Movies: The Evil Dead Series, Dawn of the Dead, Shawn of the Dead, NOTLD, Resident Evil Series

Post by DarkAxel » Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:24 pm

If you had to communicate while using that thing, you'd be fucked. If you were breathing hard from running, you'd be fucked. Firearms accessories shouldn't get in the way of either.

Clownshoes.
vyadmirer wrote:Call me the paranoid type, but remember I'm on a post apocalyptic website prepared for zombies.
Fleet #: ZS 0180

Browncoat

Imma Fudd, and proud of it.

ZS Wiki

the_klenzer

Post by the_klenzer » Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:24 pm

Right idea but wrong application.... should come with a Fleshlight mount instead of jaw mount.
"Klenzer, you have to be one of the only guys I know of that goes to the Arctic and somehow manages to get lapdances." - redhotkat
Vicarious_Lee wrote:This guide is created to help you get a spoon and eat my ass:
First: Get a spoon.
Second: Eat my ass.

Oneswunk
Favorite Zombie Movies: Well, your mum rang about you going round tomorrow night, and then Liz rang about the two of you eating out tonight, and then your mum rang back to see if I wanted to eat her out tonight.

Post by Oneswunk » Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:35 pm

/\ in for one!
Vicarious_Lee wrote:I have boners in places I didn't even know I had dicks. :D :D :D

My B.O.A.T
My jeep build
My FAKs

ancient_serpent

Post by ancient_serpent » Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:55 pm

Not feelin' it. Just...no.

Tribunal Power
Favorite Zombie Movies: Zombieland, Shawn of the Dead... Really, I prefer zombie video games.

Post by Tribunal Power » Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:18 pm

the_klenzer wrote:Right idea but wrong application.... should come with a Fleshlight mount instead of jaw mount.
[/thread]

Someone wake me when this happens.

Doctorr Fabulous
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by Doctorr Fabulous » Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:30 pm

You coul do this...Or you could get a carbine-length tube, dremel off the bit that allows you to attach a stock, and wrap it in open-call foam and shoulder. it. Not perfect, but let's remember where this guy's only market is: places that allow AR pistols but not SBRs.

nimdabew
Favorite Zombie Movies: DOTD
I am ledgend

Post by nimdabew » Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:34 pm

Doc Torr wrote:You coul do this...Or you could get a carbine-length tube, dremel off the bit that allows you to attach a stock, and wrap it in open-call foam and shoulder. it. Not perfect, but let's remember where this guy's only market is: places that allow AR pistols but not SBRs.
Or... you could just buy one of these:

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.ph ... -tube.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Thanks Anianna!
12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:I say when Wee Drop visits the US, we make her ride a goat. You know, like those little monkey cowboys they have at some rodeos. :lol:

AZMedic

Post by AZMedic » Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:34 pm

What happens if you had a glass jaw and knock yourself out?
Take Action.
I am a Paramedic.
ZS Arizona Chapter 18: Officer

Front Offensive Line of SpamWar 6/10:Axis of Oxycontin8878 I was a warrior.
Rush2112 wrote:
the_alias wrote:
AZMedic wrote:'86 damn almost missed this cutoff. I remember baywatch ya then I became a lifeguard and was like wtf this isn't the same......
I honestly thought you were around 45 + :lol:
He's crotchety enough.

nimdabew
Favorite Zombie Movies: DOTD
I am ledgend

Post by nimdabew » Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:35 pm

AZMedic wrote:What happens if you had a glass jaw and knock yourself out?
"Corpsman!"
Thanks Anianna!
12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:I say when Wee Drop visits the US, we make her ride a goat. You know, like those little monkey cowboys they have at some rodeos. :lol:

Aikibiker

Post by Aikibiker » Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:58 pm

I think I would just get one of these and call it a day: http://www.midwayusa.com/product/616773 ... stol-black" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I can shoulder an m4 with the stock collapsed all the way and use the sights just fine. That is just as long and with the padded foam cover for the tube I could put it in my shoulder and not feel to much recoil, especially if I am wearing tactical gear. Boom instant legal field expedient SBR.

Joel

Yes a Spartan hoplite trained for battle since he could walk, backed by 299 other Spartans, and lead by a military genius can hold off any number of zombies armed with spear, shield, and sword. However your couch-potato, asthmatic, gets in a car to drive to the corner store lazy ass can't. Deal with it.

Doctorr Fabulous
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by Doctorr Fabulous » Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:17 pm

nimdabew wrote:
Doc Torr wrote:You coul do this...Or you could get a carbine-length tube, dremel off the bit that allows you to attach a stock, and wrap it in open-call foam and shoulder. it. Not perfect, but let's remember where this guy's only market is: places that allow AR pistols but not SBRs.
Or... you could just buy one of these:

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.ph ... -tube.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Hadn't seen that model before. I was just thinking "get the longest one possible."

Oneswunk

Post by Oneswunk » Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:52 pm

As thought many times/\

My B.O.A.T
My jeep build
My FAKs

Return to “Longarms - Shotguns and Rifles”