Red Jacket vs High Tower Armory Bullpup Stock (.22)

Forum dedicated for rifles and shotguns from basic to tactical.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Which one would you buy?

Red Jacket ZK-22 Bullpup Stock
73%
High Tower Armory 90/22 Stock
27%

Total votes: 66

STG
Favorite Zombie Movies: The Walking Dead, Dawn of the Dead

Red Jacket vs High Tower Armory Bullpup Stock (.22)

Post by STG » Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:01 am

Red Jacket ZK-22 Bullpup Stock
More Information

or

High Tower Armory 90/22 Stock
More Information

If you have a 10/22 which stock would you be interested in?

djblocker88

Re: Red Jacket vs High Tower Armory Bullpup Stock (.22)

Post by djblocker88 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:41 am

The red jacket looks like it has more rail space. Not sure if you wanted to add a scope, or red dot+ BUIS combo. I hear they are still working on high tower so they can perfect the trigger.

Skull_Hide
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Fight O

Post by Skull_Hide » Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:11 am

From first impressions I'd go for R.J. simply for the rail space and overall neatness of the build.
My Silnylon Alice pack DIY w/ 1606AF frame Hellcat
http://zombiehunters.org/forum/viewtopi ... 14&t=81955" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sig 1911-22LR pistol
http://zombiehunters.org/forum/viewtopi ... 10&t=82581" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If my post contains a misplaced/ random word = auto spell is a bitch.

JTNieman

Post by JTNieman » Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:18 am

I'm not going to say the High Tower is going to run into copyright troubles with FN but...

ETA: Also, let me know if you have any questions about the RJF stock.

JTNieman

Post by JTNieman » Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:26 am

These are some pictures of the prototype. Some minor changes were made but nothing major. Some reinforcement was altered, I think - the trigger transfer mech was redesigned - but that isn't shown here anyways. But yea, keep in mind this is just an SLA/3d-printed prototype.
ImageImageImageImageImage

UndeadInfidel
Favorite Zombie Movies: Zombieland, Dawn of the Dead

Post by UndeadInfidel » Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:45 am

I like the looks of the RJF one, but damn that suppressor is massive.

JTNieman

Post by JTNieman » Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:24 am

UndeadInfidel wrote:I like the looks of the RJF one, but damn that suppressor is massive.
To be honest, it's an old thing that one of our old time friends of the company owns. He had some very exacting specifications for it which included size, materials, and general design. It was a one-off... and ugly one-off, but yea. I still give him crap about it.

And don't worry, it doesn't come with the stock :P

JesterODX
Favorite Zombie Movies: Gotta be Dawn of the Dead or Shawn of the Dead. But I will opt for anything Romero.

Post by JesterODX » Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:05 am

Could view the pic of the Red JAcket one, but could the ones JTNieman posted. I like it. Lots better then the High Tower.
JesterODX
"The Great and Powerful"

Maverick299

Post by Maverick299 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:21 am

After watching "Sons of Guns" I don't think I would contract Red Jacket to build me a cap gun! :clownshoes: Joe seems to know his stuff though.
The Devil's always smiling when I pass by.

JTNieman

Post by JTNieman » Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:57 pm

Maverick299 wrote:After watching "Sons of Guns" I don't think I would contract Red Jacket to build me a cap gun! :clownshoes: Joe seems to know his stuff though.
This was Joe's personal project, if it makes you feel better ;)

Maverick299

Post by Maverick299 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:59 pm

JTNieman wrote:
Maverick299 wrote:After watching "Sons of Guns" I don't think I would contract Red Jacket to build me a cap gun! :clownshoes: Joe seems to know his stuff though.
This was Joe's personal project, if it makes you feel better ;)
Actually, yes it does.
The Devil's always smiling when I pass by.

djblocker88

Post by djblocker88 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:08 pm

I'd love one but I'd need to buy a longer barrel or a new Ruger 1022 (Then I could have 2 rifles!)
The compact barrel would be too small :(

Though that can all changed based on a pending Illinois Law.. Bummer..

JTNieman

Post by JTNieman » Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:10 pm

djblocker88 wrote:I'd love one but I'd need to buy a longer barrel or a new Ruger 1022 (Then I could have 2 rifles!)

I'm curious. What law are you talking about? Is there an overall length in Illinois that isn't met by an 10/22 with an 18" barrel, using this stock?

djblocker88

Post by djblocker88 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:27 pm

JTNieman wrote:
djblocker88 wrote:I'd love one but I'd need to buy a longer barrel or a new Ruger 1022 (Then I could have 2 rifles!)

I'm curious. What law are you talking about? Is there an overall length in Illinois that isn't met by an 10/22 with an 18" barrel, using this stock?
Quinn wants to pass a state wide Assault Weapons Ban ,without getting too much into politics I'll leave it at that. :vmad:

For sure I'm moving to tornado alley (Missouri/Kansas?) after I'm done with school.

I'd seriously love one of these stocks though. The two seem like the best bullpup stocks out there.

STG
Favorite Zombie Movies: The Walking Dead, Dawn of the Dead

Post by STG » Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:00 pm

Here is a closer look at the HTA.

What ever I highlight in bold is some important key features that you might like int the HTA stock.

Compact bullpup design
Aluminum Picatinny optics rail
Aluminum bedding block
Detachable ammunition storage box
Detachable dummy suppressor
Military grade polymer body construction
Steel ambidextrous charging handle
Steel trigger linkage
Two side mounted Picatinny rails for accessories
Fits standard and bull barrels at least 18" in length
Made in the USA

Fiber reinforced, custom blended polymer construction
Milspec hardcoat anodized 6061 machined aluminum optics rail
Milspec hardcoat anodized 6061 machined aluminum bedding block
Steel charging handle with black finish
Stock length: 21 1/2" long without 10/22 installed (not including dummy suppressor)
Overall length: approx. 26 1/2" long with factory 10/22 barrel
Weight: 3 lbs

That extra ammo storage will definitely come in handy.

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:58 pm

Welp, I ordered the ZK-22 stock a while back. I don't know about that other one, but the Red Jacket one is supposed to come with a shell deflector for left-handed use (which is what I shoot).
whisk.e.rebellion wrote: It's not what you say anymore. It's how you say it.
Sumdood wrote:Welcome to 2020. I would list all the rules here, but there are too many and most of them are made up as we go. Just be prepared to be punished for something.

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

JTNieman

Post by JTNieman » Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:08 pm

RickOShea wrote:Welp, I ordered the ZK-22 stock a while back. I don't know about that other one, but the Red Jacket one is supposed to come with a shell deflector for left-handed use (which is what I shoot).
Max Brooks is a lefty, so it was kind of important that we got that done before he demo'd it on that zombie episode we did. :lol:

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:19 pm

JTNieman wrote:
RickOShea wrote:Welp, I ordered the ZK-22 stock a while back. I don't know about that other one, but the Red Jacket one is supposed to come with a shell deflector for left-handed use (which is what I shoot).
Max Brooks is a lefty, so it was kind of important that we got that done before he demo'd it on that zombie episode we did. :lol:
Well, we lefties are the "chosen" people. :wink:
Sumdood wrote:Welcome to 2020. I would list all the rules here, but there are too many and most of them are made up as we go. Just be prepared to be punished for something.

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

djblocker88

Post by djblocker88 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:23 pm

RickOShea wrote:
JTNieman wrote:
Well, we lefties are the "chosen" people. :wink:
I always figured it had to suck that some manufacturers don't even make any left handed fire-arms. I feel like I get hit with brass sometimes firing righty, it has to suck having it thrown at you all the time.

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:33 pm

djblocker88 wrote:
I always figured it had to suck that some manufacturers don't even make any left handed fire-arms. I feel like I get hit with brass sometimes firing righty, it has to suck having it thrown at you all the time.
Only one that ever bothered me was my old slick-side Colt AR. It's the cocking handle on pretty much most bullpups that REALLY hurt. :wink:

sarky
Favorite Zombie Movies: Day of the Dead
Dawn of the Dead
Shawn of the Dead

Post by sarky » Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:06 am

I went with the RJ bullpup because it will take the teardrop 50 round mags which all the P-90 conversions won't do.
20 years USN
SERE Instructor
P-3 Flight Engineer
Certified Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun Instructor

ROBBYBEAR
Favorite Zombie Movies: Original NotLD, both Dawn of the Dead movies, Shaun of the Dead.

Post by ROBBYBEAR » Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:53 am

Have you received your ZK-22 stock yet? Just kinda curious how long these things are taking to ship.
"Character, in the long run, is the decisive factor in the life of an individual and of nations alike."-Theodore Roosevelt

JTNieman

Post by JTNieman » Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:53 am

ROBBYBEAR wrote:
Have you received your ZK-22 stock yet? Just kinda curious how long these things are taking to ship.
They're still in the startup manufacturing process. From the get-go we stated that it would start shipping sometime in the Fall. It's looking like the initial shipments will start going out in October, but possibly November - hopefully not that late though.

They'll have it up on the website when shipments will start going out. Once shipment starts, it'll just go down the list of "first come, first serve" and ship by order of purchase.

ROBBYBEAR
Favorite Zombie Movies: Original NotLD, both Dawn of the Dead movies, Shaun of the Dead.

Post by ROBBYBEAR » Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:13 pm

JTNieman wrote:
ROBBYBEAR wrote:
They're still in the startup manufacturing process. From the get-go we stated that it would start shipping sometime in the Fall. It's looking like the initial shipments will start going out in October, but possibly November - hopefully not that late though.

They'll have it up on the website when shipments will start going out. Once shipment starts, it'll just go down the list of "first come, first serve" and ship by order of purchase.
Oh, must have missed that. I'm going to try and order one soon.
"Character, in the long run, is the decisive factor in the life of an individual and of nations alike."-Theodore Roosevelt

Return to “Longarms - Shotguns and Rifles”