replica-Blunderbuss

Forum dedicated for rifles and shotguns from basic to tactical.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

azrael99
Favorite Zombie Movies: night of the living dead, 28 days later, Zombieland, World war Z (when it gonna be out)

replica-Blunderbuss

Post by azrael99 » Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:53 pm

Is there any place that sale Blunderbuss ? i checked Chiappa and Chappara, and another italian maker that make replica and cannot find any.
i found some flint shotgun and cap black powder but that it.

i want one........just because they are awesome, look intimidating and did i said look awesome ?
"We stopped to look for monster under the bed , the day we realized that they were inside us"

Jeriah
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Original Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead 04, and 28 Days Later are my top three, in that order.

Re: replica-Blunderbuss

Post by Jeriah » Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:13 pm

azrael99 wrote:Is there any place that sale Blunderbuss ? i checked Chiappa and Chappara, and another italian maker that make replica and cannot find any.
i found some flint shotgun and cap black powder but that it.

i want one........just because they are awesome, look intimidating and did i said look awesome ?
Did you try Googling it?

http://www.militaryheritage.com/musket9.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.veteranarms.com/Reproduction ... rbuss.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.flintlockrepair.com/blunderb ... tlock.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Those were the top three hits when I Googled "reproduction blunderbuss." There's tons more.

azrael99
Favorite Zombie Movies: night of the living dead, 28 days later, Zombieland, World war Z (when it gonna be out)

Post by azrael99 » Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:32 pm

i tried it but only founded non-working replica.

thanks, i will gonna check those.

P.S : another reason why i'm interested is that flint rifle aren't restricted other than be 18 or over, so i could leave it at my cabin, and use it for fun or small game.
"We stopped to look for monster under the bed , the day we realized that they were inside us"

modina

Post by modina » Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:32 pm

you can leave any non restricted at your cabin. also ask this on cgn, im sure people will know there

azrael99

Post by azrael99 » Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:36 pm

yeah , but people would be more interested into a sks than a old timer flint blaster.

modina

Post by modina » Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:42 pm

if your worried about theft thats a good point. plus you run the risk of getting boot fucked by the rcmp for safe storage violations even though you followed the law to the t.

Murgatroy

Post by Murgatroy » Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:08 pm

I would be lying if I said that I wasn't aroused at the thought of one of those.

Blackpowder is a lost art, but a fun one when you rediscover it.

I have several cap and ball pistols. They are so much fun.
Yoda for President

Arkane

Post by Arkane » Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:45 pm

Try Dixie Gun Works - they cater to the blackpowder crowd and have a lot of stuff like that.

JTNieman

Post by JTNieman » Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:52 pm

We did a blunderbuss at work. It just aired on the tv show a week or two ago, I think. It's a 4-bore that we bored out the last few inches of, to taper/bell it out for increased pattern size and aesthetic awesomeness.

The kit came from this guy: http://customblunderbuss.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and Will did a shit load of wood work to get it looking like this:

Regarding loads, the guy who built it commented:
4-bore cartridge guns are loaded with 14-16 drams of Fg or FFg. I use FFg for a faster burning rate to get a little more velocity out of a very short barrel. The use of FFg also increases breech pressure compared to a coarser grade. I feel it is safe to use FFg in the 4-bore blunderbusses that I build. I build the blunderbuss barrel and breech plug to the same spec as a 4-bore rifle designed to fire a 1750 grain ball with a full ounce (16 drams or 437 grains) of powder. I don't use that much powder because it will never get close to burning efficiently in short barrels. I came up with a 200 grain standard loading by shooting the weapon over a white sheet with progressively higher loads until I started seeing unburned powder. That occurred at around 220 grains.

JTNieman

Post by JTNieman » Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:53 pm

Oh, and I have to add... it's probably the single coolest firearm I've seen in the shop. It's funny, of all the things I've gotten hands on, that one still makes me the most envious.

azrael99

Post by azrael99 » Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:58 pm

MY GOSH!!!!!

it's so beautiful :gonk: :shock: :D

i want one LIKE THAT!!!!!

budliteguy
Favorite Zombie Movies: Night of the Living Dead, The Walking Dead. Zombieland

Post by budliteguy » Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:25 pm

Middlesex Village Trading Company- Indian made Muskets Blunderbust list price is $575.00
Sitting Fox Muzzleloading -Kits in the white or finished guns "American made" Cannot open website with Firefox browser
Loyalist Arms- Indian made Musket- Blunderbust-$525 They are in Canada
Military Heritage to me is bottom of the list for an Indian Made Musket.
Try some of the Pirate re-enactors forums, you might pick one up used.
Hope this helps.

azrael99

Post by azrael99 » Sat Mar 24, 2012 4:10 pm

thanks all, i will check those idea .

northernxposure

Post by northernxposure » Sat Mar 24, 2012 4:25 pm

JamesCannon wrote:We did a blunderbuss at work. It just aired on the tv show a week or two ago, I think. It's a 4-bore that we bored out the last few inches of, to taper/bell it out for increased pattern size and aesthetic awesomeness.

The kit came from this guy: http://customblunderbuss.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and Will did a shit load of wood work to get it looking like this:
Saw the episode - the wood and finish on that stock is fap-tastic. Will did a beautiful job on that one; very, very purty.

NXP

tonytwotimes

replica-Blunderbuss

Post by tonytwotimes » Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:43 pm

I thought I saw streaking in the finish. TV doesn't always do justice to wood finishes though.

On a related note that was the only episode of the show I've seen. I only caught like 5 minutes of it before I had to turn it off. No offense to JamesCannon, but reality tv makes me wanna rip my goatee out with channel locks.

I would like to have an old flintlock or the like just to shoot every once in a while, and leave hanging on the wall the rest of the time.
Distance is a very good indicator of disdain

Jeriah
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Original Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead 04, and 28 Days Later are my top three, in that order.

Post by Jeriah » Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:05 pm

Hey, would those milsurp bulk flechettes work well out of a blunderbuss, or would they gouge the shit out of the bore? They're hardened steel AFAIK. The flechettes I mean.

JTNieman

Post by JTNieman » Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:16 pm

tonytwotimes wrote:I thought I saw streaking in the finish. TV doesn't always do justice to wood finishes though.

On a related note that was the only episode of the show I've seen. I only caught like 5 minutes of it before I had to turn it off. No offense to JamesCannon, but reality tv makes me wanna rip my goatee out with channel locks.

I would like to have an old flintlock or the like just to shoot every once in a while, and leave hanging on the wall the rest of the time.
Other than the streaking in the finish (I've looked it over in detail and never noticed)
I agree with every part of your comment, and I have a full beard!

I'm waiting until we get a lathe with a larger through-bore so I can turn a barrel and bore it. Otherwise, my machines aren't big enough for that kind of work yet. But one day I will, oh I will, make myself a blunderbuss from scratch. It will be done.

azrael99

Post by azrael99 » Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:32 am

i just saw the Sons of Guns blunderbuss

HOLY SH** !!!!! I WANT THAT BEAST

Doctorr Fabulous
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Evil Dead, Zombieland, 28 Days/Weeks Later

Post by Doctorr Fabulous » Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:26 am

Jeriah wrote:Hey, would those milsurp bulk flechettes work well out of a blunderbuss, or would they gouge the shit out of the bore? They're hardened steel AFAIK. The flechettes I mean.
Flechettes? Silverware/flatware. Blunderbuss loads should be as eclectic as possible!
Opinions subject to change in light of new information.
http://i.imgur.com/wG6ZMjE.jpg

JTNieman

Post by JTNieman » Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:08 pm

Doc Torr wrote:
Jeriah wrote:Hey, would those milsurp bulk flechettes work well out of a blunderbuss, or would they gouge the shit out of the bore? They're hardened steel AFAIK. The flechettes I mean.
Flechettes? Silverware/flatware. Blunderbuss loads should be as eclectic as possible!
This^

Grapeshot = throw whatever shit you have at hand into the bore and hope for the worst.

Kommander

Post by Kommander » Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:12 pm

If you made some sort of plastic shot cup or something it would prevent damage to the barrel and probably result in a tighter seal against the barrel.
Why must all the hoops be on fire?

JTNieman

Post by JTNieman » Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:24 pm

Kommander wrote:
If you made some sort of plastic shot cup or something it would prevent damage to the barrel and probably result in a tighter seal against the barrel.
With the right bore, you could probably use a Red Solo Cup :lol:

FrANkNstEin

Post by FrANkNstEin » Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:33 pm

Ohgoddamnit Azrael!!

Now i want one of those and you´re guilty beyond any doubt for it! :mrgreen:

But as far as practical muzzleloaders go, i think you´d be better off searching for, like a double barrel 12 or even 10 gauge if you can find it. Also look into the Pedersoli Howdah Pistol grip double barrels (that can also take a buttstock).

Afaik, in Canada, if a shotgun like a pedersoli Howdah comes from the factory with such a short barrel, it will be legal to not only own, but it might also be available at 18 with no registration since it´s a blackpowder muzzleloader.

Looking at other countries, makes me glad that i can buy single and double barrel shotguns at 18 without registration, and non semi automatic long guns at 18 with local registration at a gunsmith.... (that will end in 4 months though, thanks to the FUCKINGGODDAMNITEUROPEANFUCKINGUNION.... fuck off! :evil: ) after that, it´s central registration. We can keep our shotguns without re-registrating them though, but who knows how long that will last? Until they come up with some new goddamn law ten years from now?

Sorry for my rant, but it makes my blood boil that these goddamn assholes in bruessel have any say about my countries laws whatsoever. Fuck off and die. Don´t ask why, just fuck off and die. :evil:

azrael99

Post by azrael99 » Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:42 pm

flintlock rifle are only restricted by age, but handgun are still handgun even if using flintlock

but you need your PAL for a cap black powder rifle.

Return to “Longarms - Shotguns and Rifles”