A question for our Czech members

Forum dedicated for rifles and shotguns from basic to tactical.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

jrswanson1

A question for our Czech members

Post by jrswanson1 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:09 pm

I bought a surplused Vz54/91. It's missing the adjustable butt pad and bipod. Does anyone have a line on either item? I'm picking the rifle up tomorrow. Any useful help would be appreciated. If I can get the missing parts, I'll post pics.

Jim

Arkane

Re: A question for our Czech members

Post by Arkane » Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:45 pm

Man those things are rare birds. IICR Century handled the importation of them - if everything else comes up dry try calling their warehouse - but be prepared to deal with a hassle since you don't have a catalog #. I'll keep my eye out but I haven't run across much for those.

jeremy1391
Favorite Zombie Movies: night of the living dead
dawn of the dead (old and new)
day of the dead (original)
28 weeks later
land of the dead
diary of the dead (very well done)

Post by jeremy1391 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:40 pm

Those are pretty rifles! Hope you find the piece you are looking for!
the_klenzer wrote:
And finally.... if you are drunk enough, and your buddy dares you...
just tell yourself "if it's good enough for Les Stroud..."

jrswanson1

Post by jrswanson1 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:21 am

Arkane wrote:Man those things are rare birds. IICR Century handled the importation of them - if everything else comes up dry try calling their warehouse - but be prepared to deal with a hassle since you don't have a catalog #. I'll keep my eye out but I haven't run across much for those.
Allan's Armory has three left http://www.allans-armory.com/aaresult.php?PageId=50" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Complete rifles are going for $2200. I don't read Czech, and so far Google can't find anything English language wise on the parts. I've asked on a few other boards, no dice. I'm going to have to find a substitute until I find the correct parts. I'd love to find a Vz54/57, too.

jrswanson1

Post by jrswanson1 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:51 am

I'm also looking for an SVD-63 scope, should be 4x25, which is what my rifle was issued with. I found a Czech site that seems to have some info on the scope and possibly other parts, but it's in Czech, which I don't read :gonk:

Jim

Arkane

Post by Arkane » Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:15 am

Jim - load the site using Google's translate.

jrswanson1

Post by jrswanson1 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:16 am

Arkane wrote:Jim - load the site using Google's translate.
Thanks! I tried it. Apparently, I found a Want to Sell section, and the parts I'm looking for had ads that were six years old :x Looks like completing this rifle is going to be a lot tougher than I thought it would be.

Jim

6UNF1GHTER
Favorite Zombie Movies: I need to actually watch more of them before I can answer this.

Post by 6UNF1GHTER » Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:12 pm

jrswanson1 wrote:I'm also looking for an SVD-63 scope, should be 4x25, which is what my rifle was issued with. I found a Czech site that seems to have some info on the scope and possibly other parts, but it's in Czech, which I don't read :gonk:

Jim

Jim,
If your rifle has the same side mount bracket as the ones pictured on Allan's Armory, you can use anything that has an SVD pattern base. There are scopes and things that are made for the AK bracket, while they look similar they are different from the AK base in a few ways.

The simple solution for a scope would be a used PSO-1 style (or variants) in 4x, like the Romanian LPS TIP2... they used to be pretty inexpensive but the tritium illumination for the reticle is most likely long gone dead by now. Another option is Kalinka optics, they sell new model PSO or PSOP scopes..

HTH
6-

over-thinking * over-analyzing
separates the body from the mind.

jrswanson1

Post by jrswanson1 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:11 pm

6UNF1GHTER wrote:
jrswanson1 wrote:I'm also looking for an SVD-63 scope, should be 4x25, which is what my rifle was issued with. I found a Czech site that seems to have some info on the scope and possibly other parts, but it's in Czech, which I don't read :gonk:

Jim

Jim,
If your rifle has the same side mount bracket as the ones pictured on Allan's Armory, you can use anything that has an SVD pattern base. There are scopes and things that are made for the AK bracket, while they look similar they are different from the AK base in a few ways.

The simple solution for a scope would be a used PSO-1 style (or variants) in 4x, like the Romanian LPS TIP2... they used to be pretty inexpensive but the tritium illumination for the reticle is most likely long gone dead by now. Another option is Kalinka optics, they sell new model PSO or PSOP scopes..

HTH
6-

Thanks, I'm trying to restore her back to issue, which is why I'm looking for that particular scope and the other parts. Why were the butt pad, bipod, and scope removed? This rifle is really nice, why would someone part out parts of it? :x I saw Kalinka's site, I'm picking up their mount with Weaver rail so I can use her in vintage sniper matches. The bipod mounting rail is weird, it's inside the stock.

Jim

jrswanson1

Post by jrswanson1 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:32 am

I emailed Czechpoint, just in case they may have some. No dice. The search continues.

Jim

erzgebirgeCZ

Post by erzgebirgeCZ » Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:09 am

hello iam from czech republic,bibod is a standard for machinegun UK vz 59,ve have a lot of it,butplate its problem.....

yorkin

Post by yorkin » Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:12 pm

I know, it's bit late, but if you are still searching, send me a PM and we could fix something :).

Czechnology
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Czechnology » Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:14 pm

Well, I haven't found you a bipod, but I did find VZ52/57 magazine bodies and floorplates for the first time in ages thanks to you. :awesome:
Nothing is ever what it seems, but everything is exactly what it is.
Vicarious_Lee wrote:If Nutnfacny were an 8-ounce chicken fried steak, he'd come with 72 ounces of batter around it that you have to slash through to get to it.

MacAttack

Post by MacAttack » Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:17 pm

That stuff looks familiar.

http://www.expeditionexchange.com/parkerhale/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I would also try other precision target shooting accessories.

Return to “Longarms - Shotguns and Rifles”