Lever Guns Talk Thread

Forum dedicated for rifles and shotguns from basic to tactical.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Wrangler
Favorite Zombie Movies: Zombieland

Re: Lever Guns Talk Thread

Post by Wrangler » Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:05 am

Gun_Nut_2k1 wrote:Image

Yes I did make that.
Ok you keep making me want to but a Rossi ranch hand....please stop posting this stuff...I'm running out of money!
When I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I take along Samuel Colt...

Clout

Post by Clout » Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:42 pm

Gun_Nut_2k1 wrote:
Clout wrote:Any suggestions on mounting a scope on a late (late 80's early 90's) model 94?

I got my dad one of these since his eyes have been failing him as of late.

I've looked into the single piece blocks with rings, etc. and just seem to be at a loss.
http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=1615 ... IDE-MOUNTS" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=8/Pr ... COUT-MOUNT" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=4191 ... OUNT-BASES" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Each fit the Winchester 94.
Thanks a bunch. I figured Brownells had to have something. However, my search-fu sucks when it comes to that site.
RickOShea wrote:
Gun_Nut_2k1 wrote:
http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=8/Pr ... COUT-MOUNT" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I like the XS scout mounts on my Marlins. But the Win. 94 version seems to have a limited number of scope ring slots machined into it (compared to the Marlin version).

Even with the 5.5" eye relief of that scope, he still may have to take a metal file to it, to cut another scope ring Weaver slot further back on the scout mount (I've done that a few times myself, so it's an option).
I like that idea. I do believe the Win94 has four tapped holes...two forward and two rear.

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:04 pm

With that scout mount, you'd have to tap out the dovetailed rear sight, and replace it with the included dovetail filler block (that has a threaded hole in it). Then the scout mount scope base would be bolted on with the two forward receiver bolt holes, and the one in the dovetail block.

whisk.e.rebellion wrote: It's not what you say anymore. It's how you say it.
Sumdood wrote:Welcome to 2020. I would list all the rules here, but there are too many and most of them are made up as we go. Just be prepared to be punished for something.

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

Gun_Nut_2k1

Post by Gun_Nut_2k1 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:59 pm

Wrangler wrote: Ok you keep making me want to buy a Rossi ranch hand....please stop posting this stuff...I'm running out of money!
Here is a one time offer. I will make you a full drop leg rig including holster, belt, and Butt Cuff for $200 if you show me a receipt for a ranch hand in the next 30 days. Hell I will even include a GUNSLINGER RIFLE SPRING KIT for $10 more. :mrgreen:

Edit to add:

I will even include enough Deer tanned Lace to do a full loop wrap. Yes I am trying to tempt you brother. HEHE as Mal said "I am a bad man".
Last edited by Gun_Nut_2k1 on Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GN
Oneswunk wrote:Interesting idea, but I still prefer the feel of wood in my hands.
tarzan wrote:Not a sound argument for having wood, in my opinion.
Tommy Tran wrote:Before I drop hammer on a 'clear' SG I full finger both tubes!

Wrangler

Post by Wrangler » Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:04 pm

Gun_Nut_2k1 wrote:
Wrangler wrote: Ok you keep making me want to buy a Rossi ranch hand....please stop posting this stuff...I'm running out of money!
Here is a one time offer. I will make you a full drop leg rig including holster, belt, and Butt Cuff for $200 if you show me a receipt for a ranch hand in the next 30 days. Hell I will even include a GUNSLINGER RIFLE SPRING KIT for $10 more. :mrgreen:
You sir are evil...luckily I have drill in 2 weeks...
When I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I take along Samuel Colt...

BullOnParade
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by BullOnParade » Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:53 pm

Wrangler wrote:
Gun_Nut_2k1 wrote:
You sir are evil...luckily I have drill in 2 weeks...
Yea, I won't be pulling that trigger, I've spent far too much in the past month, but that is pure evil, Mal taught you well.
BullOnParade

Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me.

Urban BOB/Range (& Bailout) Bag/EDC/Vehicle Kit

Wrangler

Post by Wrangler » Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:49 pm

Can I get a thirty day extension? Please....

skelco
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Post by skelco » Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:22 pm

damn you guys! I now want a lever gun more than ever
-skelco
ZSC:015 Officer of Indeterminate Duty

"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me."
-Hunter S. Thompson

huntingohio

Post by huntingohio » Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:26 pm

I hate to be the guy that poops in the punch bowl so to speak but is the ranch hand sold as a rifle or a pistol?

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:33 pm

Handgun.
Sumdood wrote:Welcome to 2020. I would list all the rules here, but there are too many and most of them are made up as we go. Just be prepared to be punished for something.

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

huntingohio

Post by huntingohio » Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:40 pm

Well i typed that completely wrong i meant is it on there levergun rifle reciever or a different one? Can it handle the serious loads there leverguns can? since i hand load ive honestly been considering on as a hunting arm.

kinda digging it

dose anyone know the legality of actually putting it to your shoulder? dose that an SBR make? I know there was some stink about something like that with ar pistols

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:53 pm

huntingohio wrote:Well i typed that completely wrong i meant is it on there levergun rifle reciever or a different one? Can it handle the serious loads there leverguns can? since i hand load ive honestly been considering on as a hunting arm.
Looks like all they did was bob the barrel and stock on their regular lever-rifle. So....

BullOnParade
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by BullOnParade » Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:21 pm

RickOShea wrote:Handgun.
Rifle. :wink:
BullOnParade

BullOnParade
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by BullOnParade » Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:27 pm

Non dick post:

It's sold as a rifle in Canada, pistol in 'Merica. As I understand, swapping the stock for a full length '92 stock would make it an SBR in the states. Here, it's still a rifle. Such is a future project for myself, if I cannot find a used '94 before I save the money for a ranch hand.
BullOnParade

Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead (2004)
Zombieland

Post by 0122358 » Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:40 pm

BullOnParade wrote:Non dick post:

It's sold as a rifle in Canada, pistol in 'Merica. As I understand, swapping the stock for a full length '92 stock would make it an SBR in the states. Here, it's still a rifle. Such is a future project for myself, if I cannot find a used '94 before I save the money for a ranch hand.
But isnt there a minmum length requirment on barrels up there?
SMoAF wrote:Your sin is one of geography, not one of unmanliness. Pimp's sin is that he's, well....himself.
Doctorr Fabulous wrote: I'd rather have 10 spooky-sized aircraft in an AO than 100 drones, because fuck those fucking pred flyboys who can't tell the difference between a shovel and an RPK.

BullOnParade
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by BullOnParade » Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:41 pm

0122358 wrote:
BullOnParade wrote:Non dick post:

But isnt there a minmum length requirment on barrels up there?
Nope. Minimum overall when folded or collapsed must be more than 18.5. I have a friend with a shotgun which only has an 8.5 inch barrel.
BullOnParade

Return to “Longarms - Shotguns and Rifles”