Show and Tell thread, Longarm edition

Forum dedicated for rifles and shotguns from basic to tactical.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Browning 35
BANNED
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead (2004).
28 Days Later.
Planet Terror.
Dawn of the Dead (1978).
Night of the Living Dead (1968)
Omega Man

Re: Show and Tell thread, Longarm edition

Post by Browning 35 » Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:46 pm

Paulky, on that last/bottom pic in front of the fireplace what's the stock on the bottom one and on that Magpul above it did you have to buy two different color stocks to do it?

-
Rules. Not a rifle yet, but it will be soon.

Mr. E. Monkey wrote:
Evan the Diplomat wrote:Why do you want to shoot penguins? What did they ever do to you?
It's that smug, superior attitude of theirs, strutting around in their fancy outfits like they're better than everyone else. Yeah, burn in hell, you snobbish bird bastards.

And don't get me started on pandas!

omega_man
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead
Shaun of the Dead
Zombieland

Post by omega_man » Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:45 pm

I purchased a Spike's lower with the laser etched Eagle, Globe, and Anchor years ago in anticipation for this day...

The upper and BCG are BCM w/ 14.5" lightweight middy barrel

I feel I met my goal of mil-spec reliabilty, lightweight, smooth shooting, and just enough Gucci to make it unique. A fitting tribute to my beloved 'Corps :awesome:

Semper Fi
Bold Shirts for Bold Nerds! http://www.onemansurfparty.com/

B35, assassinated 9-15-14.

Akin
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn Of The Dead, Shaun Of The Dead

Post by Akin » Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:33 pm

Lousy pic of my newest build...

My new AR15A4! :-D

Thanks to Botachs incredible Trijicon sale a couple of weeks ago, I got the correct ACOG for only slightly more than the entire rifle cost. Found the M5 RAS on Gunbroker for $150, new in box... Win!
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one." - Captain Malcolm "Mal" Reynolds

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Lt. Colonel Jeff Cooper

Doctorr Fabulous
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Evil Dead, Zombieland, 28 Days/Weeks Later

Post by Doctorr Fabulous » Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:06 pm

I know they don't really count as "long" but...

Top is a Special Weapons (yes that special weapons) low-serial number MP5K clone with Choate folder. Rebuilt by AAC in the early 90s and fitted with (not shown) Striker II 3-lug suppressor. 9mm, HK fire group, bolt, barrel, and mags.

Bottom is the new KSG super shorty. 13.7" barrel, 10+1 rounds of 2.75" buck. Shorter by an inch OAL with built in lighted forend. Doesn't recoil badly, but definitely needs a an optic if you want to aim with anything but the center beam of the light.
Opinions subject to change in light of new information.
http://i.imgur.com/wG6ZMjE.jpg

Rick Shaw
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Rick Shaw » Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:03 am

Just a Rainy Sunday. Thought I’d Post Some Guns

Da’ Germans (C93 SBR and USP in 45)

Eagle LEO Soft Atmor carrier with NIJ level 3 panels/ Blue force gear mag pouches/ Safriland holster on a G-Code RTI adapter

Its Great to be Swiss (Sig 556 with swiss hand guards/flash hider/lower and Sig 220)

ATS chest rig in Wolf Grey/ Blue Force mag pouches/ Emdom utility pouches in SDU grey

Light Weight AK (Waffen Werks AK74 with Polish furniture and Tantal Folding Stock)

The working Man’s Rifle (Egyptian Maaudii I recused)

Truck Gun and 3 day bay (jolly roger lower)

Urban Gun (Punisher Lower)

Home Defense Set (CX4 and PX4 chambered in 40 cal)

the black smith

Post by the black smith » Sat Aug 16, 2014 6:37 pm

sorry for the smart phone pics.

started out as a 1937 mosin nagant 91/30. cut 6" and recrowned. backyard camo painted stock. military sand camo powder coated hardware. polished and rebuilt bolt. trigger redone to a crisp 3 lbs. custom scope riser. and nikon scope.

THE MOSIN NAGANT....BECAUSE SOMETIMES PEOPLE HIDE BEHIND WALLS.

Cadillac
Favorite Zombie Movies: The original George A. Romero movies, Resident Evil movies

Post by Cadillac » Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:29 am

Traded off my Beretta Nano for something fun:

Ruger 10/22 with the Archangel Nomad Stock. A tactical Ruger 10/22 has been one of my dream guns since I was a kid. No idea why but I absolutely love them.
Benjamin
ZSC:052 Chapter President

the black smith

Post by the black smith » Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:30 pm

love that

Ebby

Post by Ebby » Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:02 pm

Shitty picture but finally finished... still needs BUIS and paint. Will try to fix the latter tomorrow.

BCM 16" standard upper, BCG, Mod. 0 comp, Mod. 4 charging handle and Mod. 3 pistol grip. 13" VTAC Alpha rail. Complete PSA lower with BCM H buffer. Aimpoint PRO in QRP2 mount. Surefire X300 Ultra in Unity Tactical EXO shroud. Magpul CTR stock, PMAG and RVG foregrip. Ares Armor Huskey EWS Mk. 2 sling attached to the front with IWC QD mount.

The stock and mag are old as fuck and still have moon dust caked in the nooks and crannies. The foregrip and light slightly less so. The rest is new.
Overkill never fails.

dtwn92
Favorite Zombie Movies: Sean of the Dead

Post by dtwn92 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:30 pm

First one. Man, there are some IMPRESSIVE weapons and collectors here.
View my FAK and My Tactical Facebook page.

"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable."
"Our problems are man-made therefore they may be solved by man and man can be as big as he wants. No problem of human destiny is beyond human beings."
John F. Kennedy

Dave_M
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by Dave_M » Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:18 pm

Dave Merrill
Instructor for MilCopp Tactical LLC.

Rifle first. Rifle last. Rifle always.
Civilian Scout wrote:No one buys a Taurus because it's the best option available.

ShipWreck

Post by ShipWreck » Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:06 pm

Love my SCAR!

-
Visit: http://texasgunforum.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Jeriah
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Original Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead 04, and 28 Days Later are my top three, in that order.

Post by Jeriah » Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:19 pm

Ok, I'll play.

Presenting..."The Woodpile."

About half of my firearms are wood-stocked long guns, which I keep in a glass-fronted gun cabinet I bought at the local thrift store. I am aware that this method of storage isn't as secure as it could be.

From top to bottom: Mosin-Nagant M91/30, Mosin-Nagant M44, Russian SKS, Chinese SKS, Remington 870, Marlin 336C .30-30, Maadi MISR, and Norinco MAK-90.

I also have an actual woodpile.

I swear I have a bayonet for the 91/30. Not sure where it is.

Communist shorties.

And everything but the M91/30. Sorry for the redundant images; I'm just working on what framing looks best.

I have close-ups of the individual weapons, which I will post later.

And as always, if you're going to comment or reply, be sure to include a picture, because picture thread.

Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead (2004)
Zombieland

Post by 0122358 » Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:37 pm

old pic...but my newish BCM on top and old Oly on bottom. I've added a Surefire G2X and a VTAC sling to my BCM since then.

SMoAF wrote:Your sin is one of geography, not one of unmanliness. Pimp's sin is that he's, well....himself.
Doctorr Fabulous wrote: I'd rather have 10 spooky-sized aircraft in an AO than 100 drones, because fuck those fucking pred flyboys who can't tell the difference between a shovel and an RPK.

LJ126
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead (both), Shaun of the Dead, Wild Zero, 28 Days/Weeks, The Crazies, The Reanimator, etc. I love 'em all!

Post by LJ126 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:36 pm

Above is my DPMS 5.56 Oracle, pictured elsewhere on the forum. No, it's not fancy, nor does it do anything special. It's not particularly accurate and hell, I'm not even all that good with the AR-15 platform (I'm more of an AK guy.) But I do like it, and it's fun to shoot. The carbine is basically stock; there's a Trijicon front sight post, slim CAR-15 grips, the CAA TRM3 mount and a Magpul RVG. I'd like to replace the rear stock with something else, maybe a Magpul CTR.

And below is my late model Romanian WASR-10. There's a cheapo Chinacom sling on her, and if you'll note, it doesn't have the ugly laminated stocks but a nicer set of matching blondies. It's nothing worth bragging about, but it's fun to shoot and everyone should have at least one rifle in 7.62x39mm.
...As the great warrior poet O'Shea "Ice Cube" Jackson, Sr. once said, "If the day does not require an AK, it is good."

brothaman

Post by brothaman » Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:40 am

16" PSA CHF 1/7 w/a VX-R and a Troy rail. Finished this up whilst revamping my 20" gun.

I don't name rifles, but if I did I'd call this one "The Blem". Built mostly from sale priced PSA Blem stuff. Peripheral items were also bought on the cheap.

I'm gonna hunt the rest of the season with this one.
It stops being funny when it starts being you.

thrillbilly

Post by thrillbilly » Tue Dec 09, 2014 12:40 pm

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

TheBravestCoward

Post by TheBravestCoward » Sat Dec 27, 2014 8:23 pm

<removed>
Last edited by TheBravestCoward on Fri May 06, 2016 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fallschirmjager
Location: Australia, Victoria Town, East End of Gippsland Street

Post by fallschirmjager » Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:16 pm

Live in Australia so can't own anything as cool as an AR but I think I'll have the long range engagements sorted. :awesome:

Attention, unidentified craft, indentify yourself in English! I can't understand what you're saying!
英語などクソ食らえ, I repeat, English can eat shit!

Black Sheep
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 days, Tetsuo, Redneck Zombies, Braindead, Dawn remake, Return of the Living Dead, Evil Dead, Matango, The Quick and the Undead, The Last Man on Earth, Wild Zero!

Post by Black Sheep » Sat Jan 10, 2015 4:54 am

Here's my collection from just over the sea...

Fear? I know not fear. There are only moments of confusion. Some of them are deeply stamped on my memory and a few will haunt me forever. Hunter S. Thompson

Eschew the monumental. Shun the Epic. All the guys who can paint great big pictures can paint great small ones. Ernest Hemingway

Akin
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn Of The Dead, Shaun Of The Dead

Post by Akin » Sat Jan 10, 2015 10:55 am

My WWII rifle collection. A Soviet PU Sniper Mosin Nagant, a hex receiver Mosin Nagant, two "grade B" Mosins (still very nice though), a round receiver Mosin, an M44 Mosin Nagant carbine, a US M1 Garand, and a US M1903 Springfield.

Still needed: A Lee-Enfield, a Mauser 98K, and an Arisaka. I have an M1 Carbine on order from Miltech.

Man, my dad had two Arisakas, a Nambu pistol, two NCO katanas, and an officer Katana at the end of WWII... they were told they couldn't bring them back, so he tossed them over the side. It kills me to think about it... especially considering how many guys brought back all kinds of souvenirs......
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one." - Captain Malcolm "Mal" Reynolds

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Lt. Colonel Jeff Cooper

autolex
Favorite Zombie Movies: I am Legend, Dawn of the Dead (remake), 28 Days Later.

Post by autolex » Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:27 pm

Doing the transfer on this one in about two hours...

Marlin XT-22 TSR (.22 S/L/LR, Bolt action, Tube Mag, Stainless)

Resident Computer Nerd/Autocrosser Extraordinaire/Mechanical Engineer

DarkPhoenix
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days later, Return of the Living Dead series, BrainDead, ZombieLand, Shaun of the Dead, and for really bad movies, Video Dead.

Post by DarkPhoenix » Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:04 am

Just picked this up last week. I got a pretty smokin' deal on it too. Since I started to go the AK route, I wanted a piston AR, so here she is.

Adams Arms AA-15 Carbine Length - Base

I swapped out the furniture for Magpul stuff, since I wanted to keep it light. I will only be adding a small optic and maybe a weapon light to it. No need for a full free float quad rail on it.
I feel like you eye-ballin' me, dawg!

UndeadInfidel
Favorite Zombie Movies: Zombieland, Dawn of the Dead

Post by UndeadInfidel » Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:25 am

Rebuilt my old carbine, because it was heavy as fuck and sitting around not getting much use. Already ran it through a carbine course and it was 100% solid. Loving the SLR adjustable block. I'm back to running a nib standard carbine bcg and buffer and recoil is nonexistent now. Pretty sure this is my go-to AR15 now.

Before:

After:

Edit: The finish is Desert Sand Cerakote. Diamondhead rail. BCM gunfighter stock. AR-15 shit. etc.

Return to “Longarms - Shotguns and Rifles”