The All Purpose AK Thread

Forum dedicated for rifles and shotguns from basic to tactical.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

User avatar
moab
* * * * *
Posts: 3609
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:07 pm

Re: The All Purpose AK Thread

Post by moab » Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:58 pm

A couple AK's and an AR for great prices.

http://www.akfiles.com/forums/showthrea ... ost4944777
"Ideas are more dangerous than guns. We don't let our people have guns. Why would we let them have ideas?" Josef Stalin

User avatar
JeeperCreeper
ZS Member
ZS Member
Posts: 2337
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:49 am
Favorite Zombie Movies: Twilight... making zombies of our future generations
Location: Yo Momma's House

Re: The All Purpose AK Thread

Post by JeeperCreeper » Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:27 pm

moab wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:58 pm
A couple AK's and an AR for great prices.

http://www.akfiles.com/forums/showthrea ... ost4944777
If you still have one of those Romys with the Polish barrels in like 3 months... Lemme know.

I doubt you will... But they are fine pieces. I just can't swing a rifle right now or I'd be all over it!!!
They see me trollin', they hatin'.... keyboardin' tryna catch me typin' dirty
Halfapint wrote:There are some exceptions like myself and jeepercreeper.... but we are the forum asshats. We protect our positions with gusto
zero11010 wrote:The girlfriend is a good shot with a 10/22.
Her secondary offense will be nagging.

User avatar
Dabster
* * *
Posts: 779
Joined: Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:20 am

Re: The All Purpose AK Thread

Post by Dabster » Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:09 pm

Do these count as AKs? I think they're dreamy...

https://palmettostatearmory.com/ak-47/ak-v.html

Checked several pages and didn't see them mentioned. Apologies if this is a dupe,
I am not a 'gray man'. I am a brown man, coyote brown. With FDE highlights, of course.

User avatar
RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Posts: 9028
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:24 pm
Location: Gulf Coast, AL

Re: The All Purpose AK Thread

Post by RickOShea » Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:49 pm

Since it doesn't look like Ciener is going to be making any of their AK .22 kits anytime soon....



[SHOT 2019] Armamentos .22LR AK Conversion Kit


Now you can take your actual AK47 and caliber convert it to shoot .22LR. Somewhat similar in concept to the CMMG style, the Armamentos AK conversion kit is a simple drop in kit. You remove the factory bolt/piston and recoil spring. Then you install a .22LR barrel that slides down inside the 7.62 caliber barrel. Install the new .22LR bolt and reinstall the factory recoil spring.

This kit only works with stamped receiver style AKs due to the folded lips.... The .22LR conversion bolt uses the folded lips as rails to slide along. You could possibly modify a milled receiver to have a similar rail but that would require some precision milling.

The kit comes with a metal AK47 magazine that has a .22LR insert to feed 30rds of .22LR....The kit is available through ArmamentosUSA.com and retails for just $269.95.




Image

Image
whisk.e.rebellion wrote: It's not what you say anymore. It's how you say it.

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

JF89
* *
Posts: 284
Joined: Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:57 pm
Favorite Zombie Movies: Fido , Dead Set (tv show) ,28 days/weeks later.

Re: The All Purpose AK Thread

Post by JF89 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:31 am

Anybody else thinking about
getting an Alpha AK when they comeout? Sounds like they are going to be about $1400-1800 msrp.
Ive seen Kalashnikov USA and CAA talk about them. Is there connection between these two companies or are they both just getting into the custom AK market?


https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/201 ... lashnikov/

http://youtu.be/ZxhTNZ1wAsc

User avatar
12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Posts: 6698
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:21 pm
Location: Middle of nowhere, West Texas
Contact:

Re: The All Purpose AK Thread

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:18 pm

JF89 wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:31 am
Anybody else thinking about
getting an Alpha AK when they comeout? Sounds like they are going to be about $1400-1800 msrp.
Ive seen Kalashnikov USA and CAA talk about them. Is there connection between these two companies or are they both just getting into the custom AK market?


https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/201 ... lashnikov/

http://youtu.be/ZxhTNZ1wAsc
I still kind of want an IWI Galil ACE in 7.62x39. The prices on those are coming down a little, but it's a bit high for me at this point.

On the other hand, I can score a new PSA AK (I forget what their latest generation AK is called) for around 600 bucks, or less if I get a blemished one.

All my AK experience is with the 7.62 models, so I'll likely stick with that caliber in AKs.

JF89
* *
Posts: 284
Joined: Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:57 pm
Favorite Zombie Movies: Fido , Dead Set (tv show) ,28 days/weeks later.

Re: The All Purpose AK Thread

Post by JF89 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:53 pm

12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:18 pm
JF89 wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:31 am
Anybody else thinking about
getting an Alpha AK when they comeout? Sounds like they are going to be about $1400-1800 msrp.
Ive seen Kalashnikov USA and CAA talk about them. Is there connection between these two companies or are they both just getting into the custom AK market?


https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/201 ... lashnikov/

http://youtu.be/ZxhTNZ1wAsc
I still kind of want an IWI Galil ACE in 7.62x39. The prices on those are coming down a little, but it's a bit high for me at this point.

On the other hand, I can score a new PSA AK (I forget what their latest generation AK is called) for around 600 bucks, or less if I get a blemished one.

All my AK experience is with the 7.62 models, so I'll likely stick with that caliber in AKs.
I agree on those PSA AKs though, they look great for the price. I want one chambered in 5.56. The fact that they switched over to forged parts is a big plus.

User avatar
12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Posts: 6698
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:21 pm
Location: Middle of nowhere, West Texas
Contact:

Re: The All Purpose AK Thread

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:26 pm

JF89 wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:53 pm
12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:18 pm
JF89 wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:31 am
Anybody else thinking about
getting an Alpha AK when they comeout? Sounds like they are going to be about $1400-1800 msrp.
Ive seen Kalashnikov USA and CAA talk about them. Is there connection between these two companies or are they both just getting into the custom AK market?


https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/201 ... lashnikov/

http://youtu.be/ZxhTNZ1wAsc
I still kind of want an IWI Galil ACE in 7.62x39. The prices on those are coming down a little, but it's a bit high for me at this point.

On the other hand, I can score a new PSA AK (I forget what their latest generation AK is called) for around 600 bucks, or less if I get a blemished one.

All my AK experience is with the 7.62 models, so I'll likely stick with that caliber in AKs.
I agree on those PSA AKs though, they look great for the price. I want one chambered in 5.56. The fact that they switched over to forged parts is a big plus.
I'm hoping the PSA AK will do well for an American made AK and we'll see more come out. I'd also like to see AK prices come back down to a sane level, but who knows how long that'll be.

With SHOT Show over, I'm now torn between trying to save up for a Ruger PC9 carbine or another AK to fill the hole left by my selling my Hungarian AK.

JF89
* *
Posts: 284
Joined: Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:57 pm
Favorite Zombie Movies: Fido , Dead Set (tv show) ,28 days/weeks later.

Re: The All Purpose AK Thread

Post by JF89 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:30 pm

12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:26 pm
JF89 wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:53 pm
12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:18 pm
JF89 wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:31 am
Anybody else thinking about
getting an Alpha AK when they comeout? Sounds like they are going to be about $1400-1800 msrp.
Ive seen Kalashnikov USA and CAA talk about them. Is there connection between these two companies or are they both just getting into the custom AK market?


https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/201 ... lashnikov/

http://youtu.be/ZxhTNZ1wAsc
I still kind of want an IWI Galil ACE in 7.62x39. The prices on those are coming down a little, but it's a bit high for me at this point.

On the other hand, I can score a new PSA AK (I forget what their latest generation AK is called) for around 600 bucks, or less if I get a blemished one.

All my AK experience is with the 7.62 models, so I'll likely stick with that caliber in AKs.
I agree on those PSA AKs though, they look great for the price. I want one chambered in 5.56. The fact that they switched over to forged parts is a big plus.
I'm hoping the PSA AK will do well for an American made AK and we'll see more come out. I'd also like to see AK prices come back down to a sane level, but who knows how long that'll be.

With SHOT Show over, I'm now torn between trying to save up for a Ruger PC9 carbine or another AK to fill the hole left by my selling my Hungarian AK.
The prices on AKs are crazy right now. Kalashnikov USA needs to stop with the limited runs already and give us some real AKs.

User avatar
12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Posts: 6698
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:21 pm
Location: Middle of nowhere, West Texas
Contact:

Re: The All Purpose AK Thread

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:32 pm

I'm with you on that one, JF89.

Prices on AKs went nuts a couple years back (I think it was because of the whole Russia/Ukraine conflict) and they haven't come back down to a sane level.

Don't get me wrong, I've got no problem paying for quality AKs, but I'm not paying 900 bucks plus for an AK built by the drunken monkeys at Century or I.O.

For that money, I'm picking something from Arsenal or going a bit higher and getting a Krebs or something from Rifle Dynamics. At least then I know why my wallet is screaming at me. :lol:

JF89
* *
Posts: 284
Joined: Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:57 pm
Favorite Zombie Movies: Fido , Dead Set (tv show) ,28 days/weeks later.

Re: The All Purpose AK Thread

Post by JF89 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:59 pm

12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:32 pm
I'm with you on that one, JF89.

Prices on AKs went nuts a couple years back (I think it was because of the whole Russia/Ukraine conflict) and they haven't come back down to a sane level.

Don't get me wrong, I've got no problem paying for quality AKs, but I'm not paying 900 bucks plus for an AK built by the drunken monkeys at Century or I.O.

For that money, I'm picking something from Arsenal or going a bit higher and getting a Krebs or something from Rifle Dynamics. At least then I know why my wallet is screaming at me. :lol:
I just want $300 Saigas and Wasrs again. I am not hard to please.

User avatar
12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Posts: 6698
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:21 pm
Location: Middle of nowhere, West Texas
Contact:

Re: The All Purpose AK Thread

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:36 pm

JF89 wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:59 pm
12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:32 pm
I'm with you on that one, JF89.

Prices on AKs went nuts a couple years back (I think it was because of the whole Russia/Ukraine conflict) and they haven't come back down to a sane level.

Don't get me wrong, I've got no problem paying for quality AKs, but I'm not paying 900 bucks plus for an AK built by the drunken monkeys at Century or I.O.

For that money, I'm picking something from Arsenal or going a bit higher and getting a Krebs or something from Rifle Dynamics. At least then I know why my wallet is screaming at me. :lol:
I just want $300 Saigas and Wasrs again. I am not hard to please.
I miss those days too, but I doubt we'll get back to that point anytime soon. I'd like to be proven wrong, though.

I mean, we used to think ARs were going to be high priced for a long time and now you can find decent ones for a little under 500 bucks (less if you build your own and catch sales). I remember the days when a quality AR would set you back at least 800 bucks. Now we're seeing them for around 500 or less.

With that said, maybe we'll get back to sub-400 dollar AKs that don't suck one day.

JF89
* *
Posts: 284
Joined: Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:57 pm
Favorite Zombie Movies: Fido , Dead Set (tv show) ,28 days/weeks later.

Re: The All Purpose AK Thread

Post by JF89 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 7:12 pm

12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:36 pm
JF89 wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:59 pm
12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:32 pm
I'm with you on that one, JF89.

Prices on AKs went nuts a couple years back (I think it was because of the whole Russia/Ukraine conflict) and they haven't come back down to a sane level.

Don't get me wrong, I've got no problem paying for quality AKs, but I'm not paying 900 bucks plus for an AK built by the drunken monkeys at Century or I.O.

For that money, I'm picking something from Arsenal or going a bit higher and getting a Krebs or something from Rifle Dynamics. At least then I know why my wallet is screaming at me. :lol:
I just want $300 Saigas and Wasrs again. I am not hard to please.
I miss those days too, but I doubt we'll get back to that point anytime soon. I'd like to be proven wrong, though.

I mean, we used to think ARs were going to be high priced for a long time and now you can find decent ones for a little under 500 bucks (less if you build your own and catch sales). I remember the days when a quality AR would set you back at least 800 bucks. Now we're seeing them for around 500 or less.

With that said, maybe we'll get back to sub-400 dollar AKs that don't suck one day.
I mean at this rate we will eventually end up being third world then we will see $50 AKs but ammo might be hard to find.

User avatar
grennels
* * * *
Posts: 933
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:04 pm
Location: North Central Ohio

Re: The All Purpose AK Thread

Post by grennels » Sun Feb 03, 2019 7:56 pm

Yep. I bought my cherry Saiga for $300 about 7 years ago.
Shot 'em, now I'm gonna hang 'em, then I'm gonna burn 'em!
Damn Zombies. Can't ever be too dead to suit me.

- with apologies to Larry McMurtry

Post Reply

Return to “Longarms - Shotguns and Rifles”