New Zombie Rifle

Forum dedicated for rifles and shotguns from basic to tactical.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

AC45ACP

Re: New Zombie Rifle

Post by AC45ACP » Sat Jun 26, 2010 8:33 pm

Good god, I think my Enfield only weighs 9lbs! I caGood god, I think my Enfield only weighs 9lbs! I can't imagine what that would be like to carry if SHTF.[/quote]
Buy a sling.n't imagine what that would be like to carry if SHTF.[/quote]
Buy a sling.

I think my rifle, fully loaded with all the crap I hang off of it weighs just a tad under 10 pounds. 12 lbs is heavy.[/quote]

I have a Slig I do need a Forward Sling mount..

I could of Gone cheaper, like a FAL, But I wanted to buy American!! :D and we know that Just cost More!!
I switched out the the PSR stock for a UBR and added a Magpul RVG

ED Brown SF
LWRC SBR / Benelli M4 "Bella"
Plus one or two more....maybe
DPS/BCI/NRA Certified Firearms Instructor.
http://www.defensiveimpact.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:58 am

AC45ACP, I know what you mean. My M1A Scout gives me a "tingly feeling running up my leg" like no other .308/7.62...... That's a nice set up you got there. I still can't decide what kind of tacti-cool stock/chassis I want for mine.
whisk.e.rebellion wrote: It's not what you say anymore. It's how you say it.
Sumdood wrote:Welcome to 2020. I would list all the rules here, but there are too many and most of them are made up as we go. Just be prepared to be punished for something.

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

Lawmaker

Post by Lawmaker » Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:22 pm

I really like what you did with it. I never like the OEM stock and that really shyed me awake from the rifle. The troy stock was ok. But I really like how it looks with the Magpul butt stock. Nice setup.
WTS EagleIndustries,CamelBak,KAC, BlackHawk,Grippod http://zombiehunters.org/forum/viewtopi ... 48&t=81497" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
WTS North American Rescue Medic IFAK Gear http://zombiehunters.org/forum/viewtopi ... 48&t=81499" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hanuman110

Post by Hanuman110 » Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:19 pm

Has anybody tried these mags from Sportsman's Guide? The description doesn't say who manufactured them but the reviews at the bottom of the page are good?

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/cb.aspx?a=148200

They're about 1/3 less than the CMI mags, but that doesn't matter if they don't function reliably.
"...I calculated the odds of this succeeding, vs. the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid...then I went ahead anyway."~Crow T. Robot

Bearcat

Post by Bearcat » Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:27 pm

Hanuman110 wrote:Has anybody tried these mags from Sportsman's Guide? The description doesn't say who manufactured them but the reviews at the bottom of the page are good?

They're about 1/3 less than the CMI mags, but that doesn't matter if they don't function reliably.
I wouldn't trust anything milsurp from SG, they don't have a good record.

Mall Punisher

Post by Mall Punisher » Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:45 pm

NoahDL88 wrote:I'm a noobie, so please go easy on me, but if you have a .308 rifle that is good to reach out and touch someone at great distances, why did you go with the non magnified optics? It would seem to me that the rifle would be better suited to a scope with a bit of magnification.

If its a placeholder scope, no worries, I'd do the same just to shoot the dang thing before I got the optics I wanted.
You're obviously a noobie since you can't seem to comprehend the tacticool factor of using a non-mangified optic so that proper basic marksmanship can be ignored or bypassed completely. You also seem to think that these non-magnified optics, which are meant more for sub-machine guns in burst and pray CQB shouldn't be used on a rifle meant to hit things beyond 500 yards.

I don't know what you'll come up next asking. For all I know, you may think it is improper to tie telephone cords to two Hi-Point C9 and use them as nunchuck when they stop working. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

yossarian
Favorite Zombie Movies: Army of Darkness, Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead(remake)

Post by yossarian » Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:02 pm

Hanuman110 wrote:Has anybody tried these mags from Sportsman's Guide? The description doesn't say who manufactured them but the reviews at the bottom of the page are good?

If you read enough reviews on any product that SG sells you'll notice that everyone loves everything they have ever bought, ever.
" So, brave knights,
if you do doubt your courage or your strength, come no further,
for death awaits you all with nasty, big, pointy teeth."

Bearcat

Post by Bearcat » Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:05 pm

yossarian wrote:

If you read enough reviews on any product that SG sells you'll notice that everyone loves everything they have ever bought, ever.
Like they couldn't fabricate those testimonials.

Hanuman110

Post by Hanuman110 » Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:13 pm

Thanks for the replies so far guys.

I've never ordered from SG online. I learned a long time ago to call them to make sure the items I want are actually in stock so I didn't have to wait 3 months to finally find out my order had been cancelled. I have found a few nuggets of gold amongst the shit they sell but it's getting to be a rare occasion.
"...I calculated the odds of this succeeding, vs. the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid...then I went ahead anyway."~Crow T. Robot

thechin
Favorite Zombie Movies: 1968 Night of the living dead
1990 Night of the living dead
1978 Dawn of the Dead
2008 Dawn of the Dead
1985 Day of the Dead
Resident Evil
Resident Evil: Apocalypse
Return of the Living dead
Shaun of the Dead

Post by thechin » Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:51 pm

That fulton armory stock is badass, have you thought about getting one of these?:

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=htt ... s%3Disch:1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Because no honest man should be limited to ten rounds. Sorry Bill. I like your revolvers but I hope you rot in hell.-yossarian

if you dont learn google-fu around here your pants will catch fire. Im just sayin.-Blkhrt13

"Be not afraid of any man,
No matter what his size;
When danger threatens, call on me....
And I will equalize." ~ unknown

Mall Punisher

Post by Mall Punisher » Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:20 am

thechin wrote:That fulton armory stock is badass, have you thought about getting one of these?:

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=htt ... s%3Disch:1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I would go with a barrel 2 inches longer and have a bi-pod on that thing. It would make a great zombie patrol rifle. I can see 50 braves having this thing mounted on top of armored Jeep Cherokees on top of the hill 200 yards behind a 20 ft deep ditch and 20 feet high wall barrier. Our braves just mow them zacks like they were nothing. Of course, we'll have 100 infantry with their Ruger 10/22 doing their usually headshots from behind bunkers on those lucky enough to get past our snipers.

Brad Pit, you can use that plot for your WWZ.

Kutter_0311
Favorite Zombie Movies: too many to get into...

Post by Kutter_0311 » Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:57 am

I ordered a bunch of their 25 or 30 rd mags for my buddies M1A and the did OK, but that was years ago...
JAYNE COBB wrote: Well, what you plan and what takes place ain't ever exactly been similar.
TravisM.1 wrote:If a rifle is an option, a rifle is usually the answer.
minengr wrote:I've said it numerous times, a quality rig is only as good as it's weakest link. Which usually is the nut behind the butt.

dudewheremyar?

Post by dudewheremyar? » Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:43 am

ac45, this is just a fun gun right? you have no self-defense/survival role for this thing right?

Rev
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Rev » Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:55 am

dudewheremyar? wrote:ac45, this is just a fun gun right? you have no self-defense/survival role for this thing right?
In just about every situation I can picture an American citizen using a rifle for self defense I do not see this rifle as being inadequate.
Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

Zombie Squad Forum Rules: Read Me!
http://zombiehunters.org/forum/viewtopi ... 44&t=19895

dudewheremyar?

Post by dudewheremyar? » Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:06 am

Rev Josiah wrote:
dudewheremyar? wrote:ac45, this is just a fun gun right? you have no self-defense/survival role for this thing right?
In just about every situation I can picture an American citizen using a rifle for self defense I do not see this rifle as being inadequate.
inadequate, no. ideal, no. i'm just hoping that if the OP has enough money to turn this rifle into a log with ammo-throwing capabilities, that he had enough sense to get a practical, all-purpose SD/HD/PAW gun (or if he has lots of money AND lots of sense, he has specific guns for specific roles AND an all-purpose gun).

thechin
Favorite Zombie Movies: 1968 Night of the living dead
1990 Night of the living dead
1978 Dawn of the Dead
2008 Dawn of the Dead
1985 Day of the Dead
Resident Evil
Resident Evil: Apocalypse
Return of the Living dead
Shaun of the Dead

Post by thechin » Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:48 am

dudewheremyar? wrote:
Rev Josiah wrote:
inadequate, no. ideal, no. i'm just hoping that if the OP has enough money to turn this rifle into a log with ammo-throwing capabilities, that he had enough sense to get a practical, all-purpose SD/HD/PAW gun (or if he has lots of money AND lots of sense, he has specific guns for specific roles AND an all-purpose gun).
That is an all-purpose, PAW, traveling to another planet and never coming back type of gun. What more does he need for it? (besides blue wire) I was going to do that build, but said to my self that i could put that $3500 to something more useful cuz I'm not in the military anymore and have no plans on taking or becoming a dinosaur hunter.
Because no honest man should be limited to ten rounds. Sorry Bill. I like your revolvers but I hope you rot in hell.-yossarian

if you dont learn google-fu around here your pants will catch fire. Im just sayin.-Blkhrt13

"Be not afraid of any man,
No matter what his size;
When danger threatens, call on me....
And I will equalize." ~ unknown

BunkerBuster
BANNED
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days/Weeks Later

Post by BunkerBuster » Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:19 am

Looks very tactical. But I'd ditch that heavy weight stock and go with a folding stock adapter from Ace Riflestocks with their lightweight stock. You can also cut down the stock to a shorter length, which is nice. My SOCOM got a Vietnam era E2 pistol gripped WOOD stock. Much lighter than all of these ridiculous "chasis" systems that are overly heavy. Even has the first folding vert grip! :wink:
The war is coming to the streets of America and if you are not keeping and bearing and practicing with your arms then you will be helpless and you will be the victim of evil. - Ted Nugent

BunkerBuster
BANNED
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days/Weeks Later

Post by BunkerBuster » Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:22 am

Rev Josiah wrote:
I don't need to touch it to know it's too heavy. It's "overly adequate" in the blunt instrument department's weight factor. If I were humping this bitch, I would be very unhappy. But from a window, car, ATV, etc....who cares.
The war is coming to the streets of America and if you are not keeping and bearing and practicing with your arms then you will be helpless and you will be the victim of evil. - Ted Nugent

AC45ACP

Post by AC45ACP » Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:00 am

Well guys, where to start. I don't plan on using it in a home defense role unless it's a fully blown zombie attack! I own a few other weapons. My first choice in a HD is my .45 I can put the rounds right where I want them.
Next would be the 870 with 00 buck. then maybe the socom with some Hornady TAP rounds. As far as cost to shoot. yes it's a little more than a AR in 223, but I didn't shoot wolf ammo in them either. I can buy good Mil-surplus ammo for $0.40 a round and I pay .36-38 for 5.56 so at the end of day it cost me a few more bucks to go to the range.
I'm 6'2" and 270 (tryin to get back to 245 my football weight) so carrying a 12.2 lbs rifle isn't a big deal to me I do have a sling! :) I'm not in a war zone humping it 18+ hours a day and if I need to use it on someone I don't think the weight is going to matter to me!
I know what it would cost to build this weapon and I don't have that in this I would say I'm only in this rifle for $1800 not counting the optics and for 1800 I don't think theres a better rifle in .308 out there.

ac
ED Brown SF
LWRC SBR / Benelli M4 "Bella"
Plus one or two more....maybe
DPS/BCI/NRA Certified Firearms Instructor.
http://www.defensiveimpact.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

KentsOkay
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shawn of the Dead

Post by KentsOkay » Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:51 am

thechin wrote:That fulton armory stock is badass, have you thought about getting one of these?:

I want that set up! What is it, 100 rounds?
0122358 wrote:so we moved a thread to maintain OPSEC on a fictional vid game so our team doesnt get kill as easily by possible spies...fuckin sweet

Unofficial FB for ZSC XXX http://www.facebook.com/groups/156431031119773

Mr. E. Monkey

Post by Mr. E. Monkey » Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:55 pm

KentsOkay wrote:

I want that set up! What is it, 100 rounds?
I was going to guess 100 pounds. :lol:
SMoAF wrote:'Tis better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness.
Beowolf wrote:Disasters are terrifying, but people are stupid.
wee drop o' bush wrote:THE EVIL MONKEY HAS WON THE INTERNETS! :lol: Image

dudewheremyar?

Post by dudewheremyar? » Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:34 pm

AC45ACP wrote: I'm 6'2" and 270 (tryin to get back to 245 my football weight) so carrying a 12.2 lbs rifle isn't a big deal to me I do have a sling! :) I'm not in a war zone humping it 18+ hours a day and if I need to use it on someone I don't think the weight is going to matter to me!
ac
i'd love to see you carry it on you for one whole range trip, then see how big of a deal that weight is :D .

this being a fun gun though, it doesn't actually matter. i just don't want people to see this rifle and think that all that crap can be slapped on a rifle without sacrificing many points in the weight department.

Fenris

Post by Fenris » Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:19 pm

i just don't want people to see this rifle and think that all that crap can be slapped on a rifle without sacrificing many points in the weight department.
OREALY??? Where'd you come up with that opinion?

-fenris-
"How quickly a man takes on the qualities of darkness. Men who live by night; the soldier, the thief, the traveller by night, the vagabond... theirs is a different way of thinking, and they do not fear the dark nor what may come upon them by night because they themselves are of the night, a part of it." ~louis lamour

Jaddra
Favorite Zombie Movies: "Resident Evil" & "Taking Chance"

Post by Jaddra » Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:33 pm

Like it a lot and its just a good weapon; little heavy but good punch with the 7.62 and will serve you flawlessly.
"Stay Frosty!"

Return to “Longarms - Shotguns and Rifles”