New Zombie Rifle

Forum dedicated for rifles and shotguns from basic to tactical.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

AC45ACP

New Zombie Rifle

Post by AC45ACP » Sat Jun 26, 2010 8:36 am

Well I bought a Socom II

then added Camo

Then Lost my Mind and Went way over board !!! :D :shock: :mrgreen: :evil: :twisted:

ED Brown SF
LWRC SBR / Benelli M4 "Bella"
Plus one or two more....maybe
DPS/BCI/NRA Certified Firearms Instructor.
http://www.defensiveimpact.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hanuman110

Re: New Zombie Rifle

Post by Hanuman110 » Sat Jun 26, 2010 8:40 am

Very nice! I'm trying to decide between a Socom II and a full size M1a at the moment. It's a tough choice.
"...I calculated the odds of this succeeding, vs. the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid...then I went ahead anyway."~Crow T. Robot

AC45ACP

Post by AC45ACP » Sat Jun 26, 2010 8:43 am

Hanuman110 wrote:Very nice! I'm trying to decide between a Socom II and a full size M1a at the moment. It's a tough choice.
I would start with a "Scout" 18"
So now my next rifle is a Scout in a Sage EBR mod 0 chassis :mrgreen:
ED Brown SF

Biggin

Post by Biggin » Sat Jun 26, 2010 8:43 am

....drool....

3Fingas
Favorite Zombie Movies: Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead (Original and Remake), 28 Days Later - Part Uno
Location: Texas: "Land of Big Open Skies and Freedom-loving Patriots"

Post by 3Fingas » Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:55 am

That's a beautiful rifle. If you don't mind me asking, how much was it total for the rifle and all the mods?
G&T distributors offers a socom 2 for around 1600 dollars after taxes. I was thinking about doing something
similar to your rifle in the future. Thanks.
PEDZ - People for the Efficient Disposal of Zombies
.... It's a dirty job, but someone has got to do it.

I may not have been born in Texas, but I got here
just as fast as I could!

Dave_M

Post by Dave_M » Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:58 am

Cool looking but I can't help but think an AR-10 would have been a better choice for the money spent.
Dave Merrill
Instructor for MilCopp Tactical LLC.

Rifle first. Rifle last. Rifle always.
Civilian Scout wrote:No one buys a Taurus because it's the best option available.

AC45ACP

Post by AC45ACP » Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:47 am

3Fingas wrote:That's a beautiful rifle. If you don't mind me asking, how much was it total for the rifle and all the mods?
G&T distributors offers a socom 2 for around 1600 dollars after taxes. I was thinking about doing something
similar to your rifle in the future. Thanks.
well if you start with socom those go for around $1400-2000 there are deals out there. socom II are a little more.. But you can sell the Rail and Stock off it.. ($300-$450)
then you need a troy chassis they range from $550-650 just for the chassis nothing else. or you can get the complete system with BUIS, stock, grip
they range from $950-$1200 depending on the stock and sights..
then you add your favorite optic for ???
so with my crappy math skills for a complete rifle minus optics
on the low side around $2300 and $ 3000 :shock: then add you optic
as mine sits it's a lot!!! :-[ bye the way the best mags are Springfield mags and they run around $45-50 each......why I do not know

J.C.
Favorite Zombie Movies: Night of the Living Dead, 28 Days Later, Zombieland

Post by J.C. » Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:07 pm

Nice rifle but definitely very expensive.
squinty wrote: Birds gotta fly, fish gotta swim, zombies gotta shuffle around and eatcher brains. Why do sharks eat divers? Why not swim around and starve to death?
Why do tornadoes zero in on trailer parks? Why not just blow around harmlessly? It's the way of the world, man.

Kutter_0311
Favorite Zombie Movies: too many to get into...

Post by Kutter_0311 » Sat Jun 26, 2010 1:06 pm

I can't help thinking a FAL or G3 would be more cost effective, and I like their mags better...

But, THAT IS A SEXY RIFLE! THANKS FOR THE PR0N!!!
JAYNE COBB wrote: Well, what you plan and what takes place ain't ever exactly been similar.
TravisM.1 wrote:If a rifle is an option, a rifle is usually the answer.
minengr wrote:I've said it numerous times, a quality rig is only as good as it's weakest link. Which usually is the nut behind the butt.

Paladin1

Post by Paladin1 » Sat Jun 26, 2010 1:16 pm

Very nice rifle!
WWSD?

gelgoog

Post by gelgoog » Sat Jun 26, 2010 1:25 pm

not too fond of the socom II (socom 16 is in my ballpark) with its rail system, but you really turned it into a sex machine with that troy stock. However I can't imagine that whole setup is under 10lbs.

AC45ACP

Post by AC45ACP » Sat Jun 26, 2010 1:36 pm

well it's 12.2 lbs. with empty mag and Aimpoint M3
It's as soild as a Rock!
ED Brown SF

Bearcat

Post by Bearcat » Sat Jun 26, 2010 2:01 pm

AC45ACP wrote:well it's 12.2 lbs. with empty mag and Aimpoint M3
It's as soild as a Rock!
Good god, I think my Enfield only weighs 9lbs! I can't imagine what that would be like to carry if SHTF.

nimdabew
Favorite Zombie Movies: DOTD
I am ledgend

Post by nimdabew » Sat Jun 26, 2010 2:04 pm

Bearcat wrote:
AC45ACP wrote:well it's 12.2 lbs. with empty mag and Aimpoint M3
It's as soild as a Rock!
Good god, I think my Enfield only weighs 9lbs! I can't imagine what that would be like to carry if SHTF.
Buy a sling.

I think my rifle, fully loaded with all the crap I hang off of it weighs just a tad under 10 pounds. 12 lbs is heavy.
Thanks Anianna!
12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:I say when Wee Drop visits the US, we make her ride a goat. You know, like those little monkey cowboys they have at some rodeos. :lol:

steppenwolf

Post by steppenwolf » Sat Jun 26, 2010 4:01 pm

AC45ACP wrote:Well I bought a Socom II

Then Lost my Mind and Went way over board !!! :D :shock: :mrgreen: :evil: :twisted:
Agree that you've got a very cool set-up - but for me the shortest tube I'd opt for on the M1A platform is 18", and that would be using an SEI tube w/ SEI FH/MB.

Lots of stock choices, of course, and the one's you've got are nice.

I have an Old School M14 E2 with pistol grip from back in the '80s, so I'd probably just bed it into that and call it good.
I don't usually listen to Nickelback, but when I do I prefer this song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxgeSv88 ... re=channel" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

MOLON LABE
It's a Spartan thing ... You wouldn't understand.

ninja steve

Post by ninja steve » Sat Jun 26, 2010 4:05 pm

Damn, I need a cigarette.

NoahDL88
Favorite Zombie Movies: Army of Darkness

Post by NoahDL88 » Sat Jun 26, 2010 4:11 pm

I'm a noobie, so please go easy on me, but if you have a .308 rifle that is good to reach out and touch someone at great distances, why did you go with the non magnified optics? It would seem to me that the rifle would be better suited to a scope with a bit of magnification.

If its a placeholder scope, no worries, I'd do the same just to shoot the dang thing before I got the optics I wanted.

J.C.

Post by J.C. » Sat Jun 26, 2010 4:19 pm

As long as he has good eye sight you don't need magnification really. A .308 has about 30 inches of bullet drop at 400M - you can shoot further but realistically you probably are not going to engage live targets further out than that.

That said, I have a 3-9 Trijicon Accupoint on my PTR-91 because I have crappy eyesight. Either this scope or an ACOG would be my personal preference in .308. Both have BAC aiming, I can acquire close targets (25yrd) very quickly at 3X, although at that distance and certainly closer using the irons is probably faster.
squinty wrote: Birds gotta fly, fish gotta swim, zombies gotta shuffle around and eatcher brains. Why do sharks eat divers? Why not swim around and starve to death?
Why do tornadoes zero in on trailer parks? Why not just blow around harmlessly? It's the way of the world, man.

Nesrath

Post by Nesrath » Sat Jun 26, 2010 7:05 pm

DavePAL84 wrote:Cool looking but I can't help but think an AR-10 would have been a better choice for the money spent.
I prefer the AR 10 style for a .308 as well, but the M14/M1A platform is built like a tank and runs damn near flawless.

Really nice rifle *drools*
Front Offensive Line of SpamWar 6/10:Axis of Oxycontin8878
Biggin wrote:I still want to see this.... I mean, a dude weeping and fapping in the wild? Awesome.
Vicarious_Lee wrote:Nim I actually just did that, and all I can say is that my right hand makes an even shittier ACOG than it does a vagina.
LEO/EMT-B/TEMS

Big B
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, Shawn of the Dead, Army of Darkness, Zombieland, Dawn of the Dead, Etc

Post by Big B » Sat Jun 26, 2010 7:18 pm

Sweet looking rifle! :D
I've wanted a M1a for a long time, but I can't bring myself to drop that much $$ on one.

blueeyeddevil
Favorite Zombie Movies: The Walking Dead

Post by blueeyeddevil » Sat Jun 26, 2010 7:36 pm

That's a nice set-up. I have a DPMS AR in 7.62x51 and I like it a lot.
-J.C.- You must have VERY bad something to only engage >400M! I can pop a man sized target @ 600M with iron sites. I weld for a living so bad eye site isn't a very good reason in my opinion.
Hard Times Don't Last...
Hard People Do..

hotlead

Post by hotlead » Sat Jun 26, 2010 7:41 pm

AC45ACP wrote: bye the way the best mags are Springfield mags and they run around $45-50 each......why I do not know

They distribute for CMI, the only current DoD contractor for M-14 mags, the same mags that Springfield Armory sells, but since there isn't an SAI logo on them they're half the price.

Great outfit, great service......I have no affiliation with them, just a very happy customer.
"your 9mm might expand when it hits the target, but my .45 sure as hell won't shrink"- Arguing with my Brother about pistol calibers.

"You can never have too many guns, yo-yos, or crayons"- Mrs. Hotlead speaking to my Nephew.

"If you don't let your farts out, you'll get bad breath"- Talking to my Neice at a campfire

Headhunter441

Post by Headhunter441 » Sat Jun 26, 2010 8:16 pm

Now, that there is a beautiful gun, I liked it most when you had the camo on it, I like it over the semi-standard urban camo they offer. I would LOVE to have a gun like that, Good job man.

HH441
When the dead come a knockin' Mosin answers.

J.C.

Post by J.C. » Sat Jun 26, 2010 8:25 pm

blueeyeddevil wrote:That's a nice set-up. I have a DPMS AR in 7.62x51 and I like it a lot.
-J.C.- You must have VERY bad something to only engage >400M! I can pop a man sized target @ 600M with iron sites. I weld for a living so bad eye site isn't a very good reason in my opinion.
Yeah scoring a hit on a man size target is actually not my objective. I want to hit a 10" target, and I can't reliably do that past 200M w/o optics.

Return to “Longarms - Shotguns and Rifles”