WTF Rifle of the Month *Open to all kinds of guns now*

Forum dedicated for rifles and shotguns from basic to tactical.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

lonewolf131313

Re: WTF Rifle of the Month *Open to all kinds of guns now*

Post by lonewolf131313 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:20 am

AK49er wrote:
lonewolf131313 wrote: I had one for over 25 years now shot 1000's of rounds out of it when I was a kid. to bad the firing pin broke something like 15 years ago and can't find anywhere to get parts for it or who made it.
They made by either Bauer (called "Rabbit") or Garcia (called "Bronco").

If is a .22LR/.410 Garcia Bronco, Numrich has a firing pin here http://www.gunpartscorp.com/catalog/Det ... catid=2268.
Or you can make one by
1) Taking a piece of O-1 drill rod.
2) Chucking it in a drill and using file to grind it down to just barely larger than proper profile (you will finish polish it later).
3) Use a file to cut any notches you need.
4) Heat treat the pointy end with a propane or oxy torch by heating until red hot (a magnet should not stick to it) and quenching in oil
5) Rechuck in drill and use fine sandpaper/emery cloth to polish down to final size.
6) Cut to length using a cutoff wheel or hacksaw. I'd cut it slightly over-length and use a belt-sander, grinder, or file to fit to final length.

Here is a vid of making one - just substitute a drill for a lathe and a file for the carbide cutter.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGGZXI3b-Vw

thank you so much. this will help me out so much. now I have to figure out how to take it apart. that gun was giving to me by my father when i have 5 years old and beable to fire it again will bring back so many memory.

T-Boon
Favorite Zombie Movies: Romero FTW.

Post by T-Boon » Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:08 am

Homemadeish ?
Murph wrote:The mythical use of tampons to plug up bullet wounds was perpetuated by fanboys of Navy SEALS that heard they go out n get shot up, jam themselves full of kotex'es, hump 75lb rucks up hill both ways to and from the LZ, in monsoon rain, killing bad guys in hails of bullets shooting full auto from the hip,all the while chewin on a snake like beef jerky.

xd dude

WTF Rifle of the Month *Open to all kinds of guns now*

Post by xd dude » Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:02 am

Dogan wrote:
necrosapien87 wrote: I prefer the SU-16D i posted above. I mean they do both have folding Stocks but the Sako looks like the stock is solid on the flat side. The Su-16's have an opening allowing clips to be reloaded while folded, and allowing the longer 30 Rd magazines to be on while folded. If you guys want a more "Rifle-esque" look here's the SU-16C with the folding bipod hand guard....
I think that the appeal for most viewers lies in the fact that we're talking about a Sako, a company world renowned for their sniper rifles for who knows how long, with a folding stock.

Also that "bipod" has always looked a bit too "gimmick" for me to think about trusting it. If you could put some kind of feet on it, make it adjustable.... Nice concept, but...
The "bipod" kinda sucks, I replaced mine with the compact forend. Its a fun little gun.

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:26 am

necrosapien87 wrote:
I prefer the SU-16D i posted above. I mean they do both have folding Stocks but the Sako looks like the stock is solid on the flat side. The Su-16's have an opening allowing clips to be reloaded while folded, and allowing the longer 30 Rd magazines to be on while folded. If you guys want a more "Rifle-esque" look here's the SU-16C with the folding bipod hand guard....
I don't "prefer" either one. :?
whisk.e.rebellion wrote: It's not what you say anymore. It's how you say it.

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

patriot777

Post by patriot777 » Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:50 am

SeerSavant wrote:I can't believe that no one has mentioned the Gristle Gun from Existenz...

I mean, C'mon! If you haven't seen it.... Found it! it's a freaky hoot...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lYRoF0PYVs
Video blocked in america because of copyright issues, what ever happened to fair use? looks like the first amendment is dead.

Yaivenov
Favorite Zombie Movies: Where do you even start?

Post by Yaivenov » Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:17 am

patriot777 wrote:Video blocked in america because of copyright issues, what ever happened to fair use? looks like the first amendment is dead.
http://www.zombiehunters.org/forum/view ... 44&t=19895" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Please be sure to pay attention to Rule #7 and don't forget to introduce yourself over at http://www.zombiehunters.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=10" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Idiocracy was a documentary.

Arkane

Post by Arkane » Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:58 pm

OT: Some more quasi-vaporware, this time from Magpul

phractal

Post by phractal » Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:31 pm

For some reason, I never liked Magpul's PDR.
Where'd my oh there it is go?.... Dang.

the_alias
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by the_alias » Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:29 am

Yaivenov wrote:
patriot777 wrote:Video blocked in america because of copyright issues, what ever happened to fair use? looks like the first amendment is dead.
http://www.zombiehunters.org/forum/view ... 44&t=19895" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Please be sure to pay attention to Rule #7 and don't forget to introduce yourself over at http://www.zombiehunters.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=10" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
What Yaivenov said :)
Man is a beast of prey

Bearcat
Favorite Zombie Movies: Do I have to choose?

Post by Bearcat » Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:47 pm

What's up the surge in spam bots getting through?
Meat N' Taters wrote:Death rays, advanced technology or not, no creature wants to be stabbed in their hoo-hoo.
Jvandenhaus wrote:Zombie squad: If you aren't one of us, you wish you were.

azrael99
Favorite Zombie Movies: night of the living dead, 28 days later, Zombieland, World war Z (when it gonna be out)

Post by azrael99 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:31 pm

"We stopped to look for monster under the bed , the day we realized that they were inside us"

That German Guy

Post by That German Guy » Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:51 am

azrael99 wrote:Image
An FG42-2 barrel, FCG and furniture married to an MG42 action?

DO WANT!
SMoAF wrote:We all ended up moving in together at one point, and I paid our rent in guns.
Vicarious_Lee wrote:No one on ZS worth their membership would be in a frozen forest, alone, without being loaded out like they've got Les Fucking Stroud himself in their enormous and ergonomic backpack.

Doctorr Fabulous
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Evil Dead, Zombieland, 28 Days/Weeks Later

Post by Doctorr Fabulous » Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:05 am

Bullpup belt-fed? WTF.
azrael99 wrote: Image
Opinions subject to change in light of new information.
http://i.imgur.com/wG6ZMjE.jpg

zoiders

Post by zoiders » Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:23 pm

Doc Torr wrote:Bullpup belt-fed? WTF.
azrael99 wrote: Image
It's effectively an M60

Yet another bit of Nazi tech the allies spirited out of germany, that FG42 variant obviously fires the later Stg44 round but the action and even some of the apearance was lifted straight from the FG42, even the pistol grip design and as you can see the directly mounted bi-pod.

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:04 pm

I can't remember if I posted this one already:

It's basically a 12 gauge single-shot, spring-loaded, pipe gun. Dad got it sometime back in the mid-'80s.

IIRC, they only made a few dozen before the ATF shut the company down because somdood hooked a box magazine to one and turned it into a "blow-forward" F/A shotty.

Image ............................................................................................................................................................................................Image

azrael99
Favorite Zombie Movies: night of the living dead, 28 days later, Zombieland, World war Z (when it gonna be out)

Post by azrael99 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:14 pm

Is that wrong that i like that shotgun ? but there is only 0.000001 % chance that one of them could be in canada.

i dont like those single-shot gun. but this one have this little "i don"t know" that catches my eye.
"We stopped to look for monster under the bed , the day we realized that they were inside us"

raxar

Post by raxar » Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:13 pm

RickOShea wrote:I can't remember if I posted this one already:

It's basically a 12 gauge single-shot, spring-loaded, pipe gun. Dad got it sometime back in the mid-'80s.

IIRC, they only made a few dozen before the ATF shut the company down because somdood hooked a box magazine to one and turned it into a "blow-forward" F/A shotty.
Its a cobray, I have a book that lists it as a "terminator" I don't know about numbers made but they are rare birds (almost got one at an auction but two idiots bid it up over $300, which is a bit much for single shot to me.)

The oddest bit is that the entire barrel flys backward to fire the round, which must do wonders for your sight picture. If I ever find one I'd love to get it, such an odd design that it would fit in the the rest of my weirdo ghetto blasters.
...although my tactical get up is a tarzan loin cloth and giant lolly pop
Cobray's website wrote:Remember The bitterness of poor quality lingers long after the sweetness of a cheap price is forgotten.
Cobray firearms, your #1 source for irony.

RickOShea
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by RickOShea » Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:28 pm

raxar wrote:
The oddest bit is that the entire barrel flys backward to fire the round, which must do wonders for your sight picture. If I ever find one I'd love to get it, such an odd design that it would fit in the the rest of my weirdo ghetto blasters.
Yeah, the action spring is pretty stout AND the barrel is twice as thick and heavy as a normal shotgun barrel. So you have a lot of moving-mass springing back towards you before the shell even fires.

BullOnParade
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by BullOnParade » Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:52 pm

azrael99 wrote:Is that wrong that i like that shotgun ? but there is only 0.000001 % chance that one of them could be in canada.

i dont like those single-shot gun. but this one have this little "i don"t know" that catches my eye.
Barrel length looks too short to be Kanadian Kosher. RickOShea, is the barrel length under 18.5"?

Other than that, there's no reason for it to be on the "ban" list, except that other firearms have made said list because they are "too easy to be made full auto"
BullOnParade

Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me.

Urban BOB/Range (& Bailout) Bag/EDC/Vehicle Kit

raxar

Post by raxar » Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:58 pm

BullOnParade wrote:
azrael99 wrote:Is that wrong that i like that shotgun ? but there is only 0.000001 % chance that one of them could be in canada.

Barrel length looks too short to be Kanadian Kosher. RickOShea, is the barrel length under 18.5"?

Other than that, there's no reason for it to be on the "ban" list, except that other firearms have made said list because they are "too easy to be made full auto"
it's at least 18" (I would imagine 18.5" as most commercial guns in the states that have short barrels are) . a full auto conversion would require cutting a hole in the receiver and somehow rigging up a magazine.
...although my tactical get up is a tarzan loin cloth and giant lolly pop
Cobray's website wrote:Remember The bitterness of poor quality lingers long after the sweetness of a cheap price is forgotten.
Cobray firearms, your #1 source for irony.

BullOnParade
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by BullOnParade » Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:56 pm

SeerSavant wrote:I can't believe that no one has mentioned the Gristle Gun from Existenz...

I mean, C'mon! If you haven't seen it.... Found it! it's a freaky hoot...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lYRoF0PYVs
I wasted too much time on the actual movie, I don't blame anyone for not bringing it up.
BullOnParade

Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me.

Urban BOB/Range (& Bailout) Bag/EDC/Vehicle Kit

SeerSavant
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead
28 Days Later
Serenity/Firefly (Reavers, man!)

Post by SeerSavant » Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:30 pm

BullOnParade wrote:
I wasted too much time on the actual movie, I don't blame anyone for not bringing it up.
:lol:

Now just a minute... David Cronenberg is a must have staple of my film diet...
Scanners, Dead Zone, Videodrome, The Fly, Naked Lunch, A History of Violence...
eXistenZ may not have been perfect, but it's a damn sight better than the by the numbers fare that litter the video bins...

Oops.. on topic;

jamoni
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by jamoni » Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:46 am

RickOShea wrote:I can't remember if I posted this one already:

IIRC, the ATF didn't actually shut them down, they just threatened to do it, so Cobray backed off voluntarily, probably because they were dealing with the whole open bolt thing on the MACs. I don't think anyone ever put a box mag on one.
JoergS wrote:Realistically, I think I can launch a nine pound chain saw at 50 fps from a shoulder mounted rubber powered bazooka...
squinty wrote:I reserve the right to yell "Dookyhole!" - or it's Hebrew equivalent if such a thing exists - whilst dispensing a barrage of palm strikes at my opponent.

azrael99

Post by azrael99 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:32 am

SeerSavant wrote: this one was a real suicide mission for the GI who would use it
i actually really like that one, like a really low cost mac pistol.

Return to “Longarms - Shotguns and Rifles”