All purpose "Help me build my AR" thread.

Forum dedicated for rifles and shotguns from basic to tactical.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

91Eunozs
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: All of them!

Re: All purpose "Help me build my AR" thread.

Post by 91Eunozs » Wed Oct 07, 2020 8:21 pm

If there’s forward/aft movement as well, it’s likely your selector hole is out of tolerance/worn or again, the Geissele selector wasn’t machined correctly.
Molon Latte...come & take our coffee order
Doctorr Fabulous wrote:... It's fun to play pretend, but this is the internet, and it's time to be serious.
zengunfighter wrote:... you don't want to blow a tranny in the middle of a pursuit...
woodsghost wrote:... A defensive gun without training is basically a talisman. It might ward off evil, but I wouldn't count on it.

12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Wed Oct 07, 2020 9:58 pm

91Eunozs wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 8:21 pm
If there’s forward/aft movement as well, it’s likely your selector hole is out of tolerance/worn or again, the Geissele selector wasn’t machined correctly.
Brand new rifle, so the selector hole being worn is out.

I had previously installed an XTS branded selector and that thing had zero movement. So it's likely the Geissele selector might be the issue.

It's not that much movement (I don't have a tool to really measure just how much) but it's not that noticeable unless you really look for it.

I'm waiting on a response from Geissele. If they think it's out of spec, I may have to return it for a replacement.

Langenator
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, Zombieland, Shaun of the Dead (and Larry Correia's Monster Hunter series if they ever make them into movies)

Post by Langenator » Fri Jan 01, 2021 11:11 pm

I recently pulled my Saiga-12 conversion out of the back of the safe, and remembered how much I love the SAW style grip. Does anyone know if SAW type grips are available for ARs? My google searching just turned up a bunch of links to out-of-stock TAPCO products, and mostly for AKs at that.
Fortunis Fortus Paratus

Return to “Longarms - Shotguns and Rifles”