Oy vey, yet another build. Trunk gun...needs a name.

Forum dedicated for rifles and shotguns from basic to tactical.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

91Eunozs
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: All of them!

Re: Oy vey, yet another build. Trunk gun...needs a name.

Post by 91Eunozs » Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:05 pm

As promised...shorty family photo.

From left to right: Grau Spéir, Pinky, The Unicorn, Jimmy, and.... (drum roll please) George McTrunkgun!

First four SBR’d lowers. This is in their most common configuration...well at least the configuration they were in when I pulled them from the safe (or in Jimmy’s case from my bedside quick access vault)

Grau Spéir w/a 12.5” 300BLK barrel and Leupold scope; various cans
Pinky w/a 10.5” 5.56mm barrel and red dot (always shot with a Crux Axe 6” can not pictured here)
The Unicorn w/a 10.5” 5.56 upper and red dot...can is on 300BLK upper (see below)
James (Jimmy) w/a 9” 300BLK barrel, MRO, and Thunder Beast 5C shorty can.
George w/an 8” 300BLK barrel and Magpul sights..only upper dedicate for this one.

Other uppers for my three most-used SBRs:

Grau Spéir w/a 12.5” 5.56mm Micromoa barrel (my most accurate barrel by far), 3xACOG and attached RMR red dot
Jimmy with a 10.5” 5.56 barrel, red dot and 3x magnifier on a flip to the side mount, TBac muzzle device so I can easily switch the Thunder Beast can over.
The Unicorn with an 8” 300BLK barrel and AAC SDN-6 can under a carbon fiber hand guard.
Molon Latte...come & take our coffee order
Doctorr Fabulous wrote:... It's fun to play pretend, but this is the internet, and it's time to be serious.
zengunfighter wrote:... you don't want to blow a tranny in the middle of a pursuit...
woodsghost wrote:... A defensive gun without training is basically a talisman. It might ward off evil, but I wouldn't count on it.

boskone

Post by boskone » Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:30 pm

91Eunozs wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 2:25 pm
boskone wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 11:04 pm
Man, you're giving me the itch to build a pistol. Maybe in Stealth Gray, which I rather like.

I don't need to build an AR pistol. I have no need of an AR pistol. I do need to save money. I'm probably going to end up building a damned AR pistol. :roll:
It’s addictive... for sure! :lol:

Come over to the dark side!
"Come"? I just finished building an upper with the express purpose of using it to test things like piston systems so that I don't have to offline my current upper.

MPMalloy
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by MPMalloy » Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:14 pm

91Eunozs wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:05 pm
As promised...shorty family photo.

From left to right: Grau Spéir, Pinky, The Unicorn, Jimmy, and.... (drum roll please) George McTrunkgun!

First four SBR’d lowers. This is in their most common configuration...well at least the configuration they were in when I pulled them from the safe (or in Jimmy’s case from my bedside quick access vault)

Grau Spéir w/a 12.5” 300BLK barrel and Leupold scope; various cans
Pinky w/a 10.5” 5.56mm barrel and red dot (always shot with a Crux Axe 6” can not pictured here)
The Unicorn w/a 10.5” 5.56 upper and red dot...can is on 300BLK upper (see below)
James (Jimmy) w/a 9” 300BLK barrel, MRO, and Thunder Beast 5C shorty can.
George w/an 8” 300BLK barrel and Magpul sights..only upper dedicate for this one.

Other uppers for my three most-used SBRs:

Grau Spéir w/a 12.5” 5.56mm Micromoa barrel (my most accurate barrel by far), 3xACOG and attached RMR red dot
Jimmy with a 10.5” 5.56 barrel, red dot and 3x magnifier on a flip to the side mount, TBac muzzle device so I can easily switch the Thunder Beast can over.
The Unicorn with an 8” 300BLK barrel and AAC SDN-6 can under a carbon fiber hand guard.
I know it's impolite to drool, but...….

boskone

Post by boskone » Tue Dec 17, 2019 11:41 pm

MPMalloy wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:14 pm
Er...it is? I thought it was only impolite to drool on other people's stuff, not to drool about it.

MPMalloy
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by MPMalloy » Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:27 am

boskone wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 11:41 pm
MPMalloy wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:14 pm
Er...it is? I thought it was only impolite to drool on other people's stuff, not to drool about it.
That is. Oh yeah. :wink:

Return to “Longarms - Shotguns and Rifles”