What happened to last years Savage rifles?

Forum dedicated for rifles and shotguns from basic to tactical.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

moab

What happened to last years Savage rifles?

Post by moab » Fri May 10, 2019 1:09 pm

I missed out on those sales last fall. Any idea where I can find last years models for sale? Looking for a 110 in .30-06.

Last fall they were selling for $250-$300. I didn't realize there were new models coming out. And that must have been why they were on sale. Checked gun-deals and gunbroker.

Any thoughts on the new models?
"Ideas are more dangerous than guns. We don't let our people have guns. Why would we let them have ideas?" Josef Stalin

boskone

Re: What happened to last years Savage rifles?

Post by boskone » Fri May 10, 2019 6:28 pm

moab wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 1:09 pm
I missed out on those sales last fall. Any idea where I can find last years models for sale? Looking for a 110 in .30-06.

Last fall they were selling for $250-$300. I didn't realize there were new models coming out. And that must have been why they were on sale. Checked gun-deals and gunbroker.

Any thoughts on the new models?
I don't remember seeing 110s on sale for that price, but that's square in the middle of Axis territory.

I know a few people with Axis in various calibers (.223, .243, and .308 mostly; one 6.5 Creedmoor), and they're solid rifles.

majorhavoc
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, ZombieLand, Dawn of the Dead

Post by majorhavoc » Fri May 10, 2019 7:25 pm

I don't know, but I'm still kicking myself for not picking up the Savage 11 Scout in .308 last year when it was something like $400 with the mfr rebate. Those 10 round magazines were/are scary expensive though.

Stercutus

Post by Stercutus » Fri May 10, 2019 7:46 pm

I would look at Academy Sports around the fall hunting season. I think I paid $141 for a 6.5C Axis after MiR, IR, Sale price and mil discount. GL finding a 110 at that price. That included the scope.
These days of dust
Which we've known
Will blow away with this new Son

But I'll kneel down wait for now
And I'll kneel down
Know my ground

boskone

Post by boskone » Fri May 10, 2019 8:14 pm

Stercutus wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 7:46 pm
I would look at Academy Sports around the fall hunting season. I think I paid $141 for a 6.5C Axis after MiR, IR, Sale price and mil discount. GL finding a 110 at that price. That included the scope.
Dad's got one of those, for slightly more (no mil). I think he was $225-250 out the door.

3-round magazine, I believe, but after a bit of fiddling with the trigger that is an awesome rifle.

moab

Post by moab » Fri May 10, 2019 9:50 pm

Stercutus wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 7:46 pm
I remember when you bought that. I was seriously considering getting the 110 in .30-06. And I'm kicking myself in the ass for not jumping on it at CDNN. I have time. I wonder how much these new models will come down during the fall? I'll keep looking for a 2018 model though. I should have jumped on that deal. But I had no idea they had a bunch new models coming out. It's like the damn real estate market. You've gotta do some deep research. ;)
"Ideas are more dangerous than guns. We don't let our people have guns. Why would we let them have ideas?" Josef Stalin

Stercutus

Post by Stercutus » Sat May 11, 2019 7:41 am

Hunting season is the best time for bolt guns in the US. Not just the beginning either. Whatever does not sell well tends to go on clearance towards the middle/ end of the season. But you may not want what no one else was interested in either.
These days of dust
Which we've known

And I'll kneel down
Know my ground

NT2C
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by NT2C » Sat May 11, 2019 9:15 am

Stercutus wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 7:41 am
Hunting season is the best time for bolt guns in the US. Not just the beginning either. Whatever does not sell well tends to go on clearance towards the middle/ end of the season. But you may not want what no one else was interested in either.
Sometimes though, it can be a case of a store getting in something that isn't appropriate for the area. That's how my Model 70 in .22-250 came to be in my possession. It wound up in a Navy store on the East coast where there wasn't the kind of terrain it was useful in. The store raffled it off and I bought it from the winner for $75. Still one of my all-time favorite rifles. I wish I still had it but I lent it to a friend and never got it back from him before he died in a different state.
Nonsolis Radios Sediouis Fulmina Mitto. - USN Gunner's Mate motto

Sic quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit; occidentis telum est - Seneca the Younger, Epistles

Stercutus

Post by Stercutus » Sat May 11, 2019 4:57 pm

I think that is why Academy put their 870 Express HD Shotguns on clearance. Around here bird hunting is very popular but most people use either a pistol or rifle for HD, with pistol being the most popular by far. Shotgun sales are good but not so much for HD shotguns. So you can get one NIB for $229 on clearance. This is really a good deal most places but around here simply won't raise interest. That and you can pick up a better quality used one in the pawn shop for the same or less around here.
These days of dust
Which we've known

And I'll kneel down
Know my ground

Return to “Longarms - Shotguns and Rifles”