Aereus Rex

Forum dedicated for rifles and shotguns from basic to tactical.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

91Eunozs
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: All of them!

Finally sorted!

Post by 91Eunozs » Sun Jul 29, 2018 5:51 pm

Had a couple hours to try the new BCG today...and success!

Had the lightweight BCG in at first, and had an immediate failure to completely extract:

Swapped in the standard weight KAK BCG with dual ejectors and it ran like a top. 90 rounds of 10-rd mag dumps later,with zero malfunctions I think this one is ready for the ranch to get a real zero. This was all .308 so I need to test some 7.62x51 again to rule out a tight chamber (possibly from a worn reamer), but time to start dialing this one in.

I would like to get some version of the lightweight reciprocating mass to work reliably on both .308 and NATO ammo, even if I have to get the chamber re-reamed, but at least I have a combo that I feel comfortable taking game with now.
Molon Latte...come & take our coffee order
Doctorr Fabulous wrote:... It's fun to play pretend, but this is the internet, and it's time to be serious.
zengunfighter wrote:... you don't want to blow a tranny in the middle of a pursuit...
woodsghost wrote:... A defensive gun without training is basically a talisman. It might ward off evil, but I wouldn't count on it.

MacWa77ace
Favorite Zombie Movies: The Omega Man, I Am Legend, Dawn of the Dead v1974.

Re: Aereus Rex

Post by MacWa77ace » Thu Sep 27, 2018 2:26 pm

more info on the cons of shooting steelcase and steel jacketed ammo thru an AR. Maybe not more info, but corroboration from an alternate source.

https://gundigest.com/rifles/ars-rifles ... ead%20More
Lifetime gamer watch at:
MacWa77ace YouTube Channel

ImageImageImage

Return to “Longarms - Shotguns and Rifles”