Tavor or Steyr AUG

Forum dedicated for rifles and shotguns from basic to tactical.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

bamboo spear

Re: Tavor or Steyr AUG

Post by bamboo spear » Thu Mar 10, 2016 1:54 pm

I've always wanted an AUG simply because of Die Hard, but the Microtech MSAR would be a decent replacement I think (haven't checked any reviews of it though).

ZomCon Sargeant
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead (1978), Dead Snow, Fido, Night of the Living Dead (1968 & 1989), Day of the Dead, Zombieland, 28 Days Later, Return of the living Dead, and Shaun of the Dead.

Post by ZomCon Sargeant » Thu Mar 17, 2016 2:38 pm

bamboo spear wrote:I've always wanted an AUG simply because of Die Hard, but the Microtech MSAR would be a decent replacement I think (haven't checked any reviews of it though).
The earlier models were plagued with feeding issues. They are about $500 less than the AUG A3 M1 and still a very decent rifle for the money.
"ZomCon: A better life through containment"

Malthus

Post by Malthus » Thu Mar 17, 2016 5:02 pm

As someone who has both rifles. I have to say that the Tavor gets my vote. It is my favorite modern combat rifle. I still really like my AUG (MSAR), but the Tavor has better ergos, and just feels more connected. It has better mag ejection controls, a quicker mag release, better trigger (sure wish I'd gotten that Ratworx trigger pack when it was available), and no issues with certain types of mags (The MSAR will not accept some Lancer mags). I do like the easy change barrel on the MSAR, but now that I can't get barrels (AUG barrels won't work) that isn't really an advantage (it would still count as a plus on a "real" AUG). The drop down forward vertical grip on the AUG is nice, but honestly, I don't miss it. Reliability is a wash, both have been flawless. You really can't go wrong with either gun.
"The problem with the world, is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves; while wiser men are so full of doubts."
Bertrand Russell

Return to “Longarms - Shotguns and Rifles”