Must. Resist. Another AR platform...

Forum dedicated for rifles and shotguns from basic to tactical.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

91Eunozs
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: All of them!

Must. Resist. Another AR platform...

Post by 91Eunozs » Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:51 pm

So I get this email from Ranier Firearms tonight, pre-sale sale on their new PDW.

Looks pretty tasty...

http://www.rainierarms.com/uhp15pdw-int ... %20Presale

Next purchase in July-ish when I get my first bonus check from my new job will be another Glock, likely a 30 or 30S, but then I was looking hard at a Tavor in FDE they have at my favorite LGS. Very $$ but very fun to finger bang in the shop...been resisting pretty well until I saw this.

Always wanted to build my own Honey Badger clone, and if the litigation currently making its way up to the Supreme Court re: Trusts being able to build Class-3 weapons (i.e. giggle switch) goes through I can build a true clone.

By the time I file another SBR stamp and get it all built up, it'd cost me as much as a Tavor but I've always liked this look.
Molon Latte...come & take our coffee order
Doctorr Fabulous wrote:... It's fun to play pretend, but this is the internet, and it's time to be serious.
zengunfighter wrote:... you don't want to blow a tranny in the middle of a pursuit...
woodsghost wrote:... A defensive gun without training is basically a talisman. It might ward off evil, but I wouldn't count on it.

Unorthodox
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Re: Must. Resist. Another AR platform...

Post by Unorthodox » Fri Jun 19, 2015 3:37 am

Don't resist...come to the dark side.

ImageImage
I load my gatteries in my assault clips for my AR-15 battle rifle. | Avatar By Nyssa

gun toting monkeyboy

Post by gun toting monkeyboy » Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:58 pm

If I lived in a free state, I totally would. And while the price may seem a bit on the high side, remember that a stock set like that usually sells for around $400 by itself. Alas, I live in California, and the only way we would get to run one like that is if it is over 30" long, and a host of other stupidity. So it just isn't worth it.

-Mb

sandrat

Post by sandrat » Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:54 pm

So move the f*** out of the state. Vote with your friend my friend.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Halfapint
Favorite Zombie Movies: all?

Post by Halfapint » Sun Jun 21, 2015 11:24 pm

Call me an ignorant slut (if the shoe fits!) but...... I don't get it? Whats the advantage of this lower? I'm still an AR n00b so maybe there's something to this that I don't see?
JeeperCreeper wrote:I like huge dicks, Halfapint, so you are OK in my book.... hahaha
Spazzy wrote:Tell ya what... If Zombies attack and the world ends I'll hook tandem toddlers to a plow if it means I'll be able to eat...

brothaman

Post by brothaman » Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:54 am

I'm not getting the rainier arms lower either,... is it just some Carbon fiber sexiness? or ultralight? Doesn't look like its going get ultra-compact. For a project like that, I'd go with the Troy Ind thingy for less cash.

Oh, and Halfapint, you're an ignorant slut. (zing!) :clownshoes:
It stops being funny when it starts being you.

91Eunozs
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: All of them!

Post by 91Eunozs » Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:54 pm

OK you ignorant slut!

It's all cf goodness and the stock slides on rails vs. a buffer tube. Makes it at least 20% cooler! :crazy:

Edit: OK, so maybe it's all :clownshoes: and shit, but I just like the way it looks. :lol:
Molon Latte...come & take our coffee order
Doctorr Fabulous wrote:... It's fun to play pretend, but this is the internet, and it's time to be serious.
zengunfighter wrote:... you don't want to blow a tranny in the middle of a pursuit...
woodsghost wrote:... A defensive gun without training is basically a talisman. It might ward off evil, but I wouldn't count on it.

Halfapint
Favorite Zombie Movies: all?

Post by Halfapint » Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:17 pm

91Eunozs wrote:OK you ignorant slut!

It's all cf goodness and the stock slides on rails vs. a buffer tube. Makes it at least 20% cooler! :crazy:

Edit: OK, so maybe it's all :clownshoes: and shit, but I just like the way it looks. :lol:
Hey it looks awesome! I will give you that... I just thought there might be more that I wasn't seeing! I need to get a couple more budget AR's, a threaded bbl for my pistol, and a can; all before I look at getting something like this. Haha
JeeperCreeper wrote:I like huge dicks, Halfapint, so you are OK in my book.... hahaha
Spazzy wrote:Tell ya what... If Zombies attack and the world ends I'll hook tandem toddlers to a plow if it means I'll be able to eat...

Return to “Longarms - Shotguns and Rifles”