Brown Bear 7.62x39 and a sketchy situation.

Forum dedicated for rifles and shotguns from basic to tactical.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

manowar1313

Brown Bear 7.62x39 and a sketchy situation.

Post by manowar1313 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:25 am

So I was buying a bicycle last night around 8. It's in a crappy part of town and because of construction I didn't get there until after dark. The guy had 8 bikes and I bought one for $20 which is a good price but it's not in great shape. Talking with the guy for a while he was a little strange, maybe drugs. He runs a thrift shop and his company evicts people and cleans out apartments. During our conversation he asked if I was interested in anything else and of course I told him any boy toys. He invited me in and I thanked god I was cc. Well nothing bad happened but he sold me ~1000 rounds of brown bear 7.62x39, a xd 40 cal mag and a 10 speed for $46. Now I just need an AK.
Anyone wanting to talk sh*t about my guns needs to remember I'm holding a gun.

jor-el

Re: Brown Bear 7.62x39 and a sketchy situation.

Post by jor-el » Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:36 am

Specs on the BB. Exactly how did he get it?
My son, you will travel far, but never be alone, for I am with you, my M14 and battle axe comfort you.

Mikeyboy

Post by Mikeyboy » Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:22 am

He runs a Thrift shop and a company that cleans out apartments of evicted people, sounds like he deals in moving junk and abandoned property. He could of got it legitimately, and unlike a gun, the mag and the ammo is legal to acquire if you found them laying somewhere abandoned. Unless the guy straight up told you they were stolen, there would be no way to tell who owned the ammo or the mag, and no way to trace it back to the original owner or for the original owner to trace it back to you. Even if it was obtained through some nefarious way, I don't think its a crime to buy or the ammo and mag from someone selling it to you, as long as you were given the impression from the seller that the items are not stolen, and they are legal to posses in your state.

However, the talk about being in a bad part of town and that the guy may have been on drugs leads me to think that it would be a good idea to never deal with this guy again.

People who deal in Junk are generally kooky.

manowar1313

Post by manowar1313 » Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:07 pm

Based on what I saw at his house (piles and piles of junk) I don't think it was stolen. Honestly what kind of criminal steals cheap Russian ammo? It's heavy and not really resellable.

While I'm not too sure about this guy yet, but he did message me today out of the blue and ask if I wanted to buy a plate carrier for $75 and we're going to meet tomorrow.
Anyone wanting to talk sh*t about my guns needs to remember I'm holding a gun.

JeeperCreeper
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Twilight... making zombies of our future generations

Post by JeeperCreeper » Sun Apr 19, 2015 2:56 am

manowar1313 wrote:Based on what I saw at his house (piles and piles of junk) I don't think it was stolen. Honestly what kind of criminal steals cheap Russian ammo? It's heavy and not really resellable.

While I'm not too sure about this guy yet, but he did message me today out of the blue and ask if I wanted to buy a plate carrier for $75 and we're going to meet tomorrow.
Are you still alive?
They see me trollin', they hatin'.... keyboardin' tryna catch me typin' dirty
Halfapint wrote:There are some exceptions like myself and jeepercreeper.... but we are the forum asshats. We protect our positions with gusto
zero11010 wrote:The girlfriend is a good shot with a 10/22.
Her secondary offense will be nagging.

111t

Post by 111t » Tue May 05, 2015 9:31 pm

Beuller? Beuller?
All the best!
-Paul

"A rifle behind every blade of grass?"
"No, but any blade of grass"

Ferrocerium...You know how to spell it... This is how you pronounce it...[fer-oh-seer-ee-uhm]
Bushcraft/Dayhiking Kit
Three season 72 Hour Kit
Ledmark alcohol cookset!!!
New Production Kerosene Pressure Stoves!!!
Car Emergency Preparedness Kit

JeeperCreeper
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Twilight... making zombies of our future generations

Post by JeeperCreeper » Tue May 05, 2015 10:16 pm

111t wrote:Beuller? Beuller?

His last post was April 18th even though it says he was signed today (I don't trust the "signing in" feature to be gospel).

Anyone know his area?? Any skin suits for sale on the local Craigslist??
They see me trollin', they hatin'.... keyboardin' tryna catch me typin' dirty
Halfapint wrote:There are some exceptions like myself and jeepercreeper.... but we are the forum asshats. We protect our positions with gusto
zero11010 wrote:The girlfriend is a good shot with a 10/22.
Her secondary offense will be nagging.

nyarlotep
Favorite Zombie Movies: I don't think I've seen one. Not a big fan of the horror genre.

Post by nyarlotep » Sat Jul 04, 2015 5:36 pm

Hey, Manowar, where are you located? What other cool stuff does this mystery peddler have?
God was my co-pilot, but our plane crashed in the mountains and I ate him.

In theory, there's no difference between practice and theory. In practice, there is.
- Cigarman

rjm

Post by rjm » Sat Sep 12, 2015 1:10 pm

So, you got 1000rds ammo. Put it away or shoot it. What are you freaking about. If you think he's a crook, report him. If you think he's legit, buy more.
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."

Return to “Longarms - Shotguns and Rifles”