Anybody pick up a good deal on Black Friday?

Forum dedicated for rifles and shotguns from basic to tactical.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

gun toting monkeyboy

Anybody pick up a good deal on Black Friday?

Post by gun toting monkeyboy » Mon Dec 01, 2014 6:37 pm

I snagged 2 complete AR uppers from Diamondback Tactical (one of the companies Taurus bought up) for $207 a pop, shipping included. Remember 2 years ago when you couldn't get anything for 5 times that price? I went with the .300 Blackout simply because I don't have any of those yet. There were some other good deals out there, but I blew my toy fund on these. What did you guys pick up?

-Mb

Sworbeyegib
Favorite Zombie Movies: night of the living dead is what started it all for me

Re: Anybody pick up a good deal on Black Friday?

Post by Sworbeyegib » Mon Dec 01, 2014 6:41 pm

Nothing quite as good locally as last year. Found some good ammo locally. $9.99 a box for blazer 9mm, $15.99 a box for .45acp.
**Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't**

offcamber

Post by offcamber » Tue Dec 02, 2014 1:57 pm

I picked up a Burris AR-332 3X Prism Sight on sale for $239. After an additional $100 mail in rebate, it puts the cost at $139 shipped.

91Eunozs
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: All of them!

Post by 91Eunozs » Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:36 pm

Not a great deal but used the code: J2Y for 10% off some stuff from Brownells...better than a kick in the head. And a DD 10.3" 5.56mm barrel for $20 off at Midway. Also picked up some miscellaneous stuff from PSA for their sales prices but it was pretty much the same as their regular sales.

They had a 15% off sale for all in-stock firearms at the BX but nothing I couldn't live without so I passed.
Molon Latte...come & take our coffee order
Doctorr Fabulous wrote:... It's fun to play pretend, but this is the internet, and it's time to be serious.
zengunfighter wrote:... you don't want to blow a tranny in the middle of a pursuit...
woodsghost wrote:... A defensive gun without training is basically a talisman. It might ward off evil, but I wouldn't count on it.

Halfapint
Favorite Zombie Movies: all?

Post by Halfapint » Tue Dec 02, 2014 11:35 pm

Picked up at stripped lower at a LGS for $79 out the door, 3 boxes of 20 green tip 5.56 ammo for $9.99, 200 .22LR for $7.99, and 200 .22LR subsonics for $8.99, also a really nice cleaning kit that looks like it could clean an 12' barrel with all the extensions it has, really nice kit over all.

Then I spent a bunch at REI clearance, new Mountain Hardware soft shell jacket, nice rei brand pants in earth tones, and a MSR whisper light repair kit.

Then I decided I hadn't spent enough money yet so I bought 8 of the cr123 rechargeable batteries with a charger for under $20 before tax and shipping.

I should say this wasn't black friday but small business Saturday and cyber Monday, because the hell with going out and fighting mobs of people to save $10 on something.
JeeperCreeper wrote:I like huge dicks, Halfapint, so you are OK in my book.... hahaha
Spazzy wrote:Tell ya what... If Zombies attack and the world ends I'll hook tandem toddlers to a plow if it means I'll be able to eat...

eeb

Post by eeb » Wed Dec 03, 2014 6:19 am

Yep, avoided brick and mortar until later Friday afternoon, then it was just the bookstore and bulk retailer, and that was only because my parents were in town and wanted to stock up before heading back to the sticks. Did get on teh interwebs and order a couple more AR and 10/22 mags from PSA, and American UTG adjustable buttstocks from CTD. Not necessarily major sales, but decent prices on stuff I want to keep in inventory anyway.
"Illegal spying is not a crime. Well, it is, but fuck it."-NSA

TheLastOne
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by TheLastOne » Wed Dec 03, 2014 11:17 am

psa had hornady crit duty at almost half off. Bought 200 rds of that to rotate out old carry ammo.
MF'N Team Leader: Cleveland Steamers 2012
Team Beards&Irons 2013

SNAFU-M1A

Post by SNAFU-M1A » Wed Dec 03, 2014 12:22 pm

Para Black-Ops 14.45 from CDNN for $700, $600 after $100 rebate & set of Yankee Hill AR-15 flip sights from Primary Arms.

jeremy1391
Favorite Zombie Movies: night of the living dead
dawn of the dead (old and new)
day of the dead (original)
28 weeks later
land of the dead
diary of the dead (very well done)

Post by jeremy1391 » Sat Dec 06, 2014 4:00 pm

The wife got me a CMR hi-lux 1-4... $300 with a Burris PEPR mount! Early Christmas for me!
the_klenzer wrote:
And finally.... if you are drunk enough, and your buddy dares you...
just tell yourself "if it's good enough for Les Stroud..."

Brotherbadger
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Favorite Zombie Movies: Curse of the Cannibal Confederates(so terrible it's great)

Post by Brotherbadger » Sun Dec 07, 2014 4:32 am

An 16" 300 Blackout barrel(pistol length, cuz i wanna shoot da subs with a can someday) made by AAC w/ a gas block for $129. I wasn't planning on getting it(I'm slow building the upper), but that was too crazy a deal not to pick up.

Got a stripped upper from Primary Arms a few days earlier for $39.
Doc Torr wrote:You forgot to add that birdshot only hurts badguys, so you can bounce it off the floor, walls, or even yourself for nonlethal takedowns. Load some beanbags and dragon's Breath too, because you shouldn't stop shooting until they're on fire.

ashwednesday
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, Zombieland, Dawn of the Dead remake, Shaun of the Dead

Post by ashwednesday » Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:17 pm

I picked up a 13" Troy Alpha free float tube from Primary Arms for $120. I cut down my front sight and blued it instead of buying a low pro gas block. It was shockingly easy to install.
"Flawlessly". Every time I see this word in a thread, I brace myself for bullshit. Around half the time I end up feeling vindicated.

Return to “Longarms - Shotguns and Rifles”