TNW ASR SBR

Forum dedicated for rifles and shotguns from basic to tactical.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

Domino

TNW ASR SBR

Post by Domino » Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:57 pm

Well, my stamp finally got approved and I just got it back from the gunsmith. Caliber is 9X19, takes Glock mags, barrel is chopped @ 8", and threaded 1/2X28. This thing handles great now and I can't wait to get it out and run it.

I also have a 45 comversion kit that I am going to have chopped and threaded once I confirm its working good. Then its off to get a suppressor... :clap:
Last edited by Domino on Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

steppenwolf

Re: TNW ASR SBR

Post by steppenwolf » Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:04 pm

NIce!
* * * I also have a 45 comversion kit that I am going to have chopped and threaded once I confirm its working good. Then its off to get a suppressor...
Well, just make sure you confirm that it runs hitch-free with & without the can. :shock:

Doctorr Fabulous
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Evil Dead, Zombieland, 28 Days/Weeks Later

Post by Doctorr Fabulous » Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:12 pm

Domino wrote:Well, my stamp approved got approved and I just got it back from the gunsmith. Caliber is 9X19, takes Glock mags, barrel is chopped @ 8", and threaded 1/2X28. This thing handles great now and I can't wait to get it out and run it.

I also have a 45 comversion kit that I am going to have chopped and threaded once I confirm its working good. Then its off to get a suppressor... :clap:
Have you done a full review of the rifle in general? I like the concept, but I haven't seen an extensive review yet.

Also that just looks nasty, in the best possible way.

Opinions subject to change in light of new information.
http://i.imgur.com/wG6ZMjE.jpg

Domino

Post by Domino » Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:41 pm

Doctorr Fabulous wrote:Have you done a full review of the rifle in general? I like the concept, but I haven't seen an extensive review yet.
Yeah, I did one awhile back when I first got it. Its in another thread...

http://zombiehunters.org/forum/viewtopi ... 7&start=48" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Since then I have put another 500 rounds through it. The only issue I had was when the lower receiver loosened up a bit and I started getting a few FTE here and there. I tightened up the fit and it runs like a sewing machine. Also, I have heard about guys having issues with the fitting of the buffer tube. Apparently, if it is not right then it can cause cycling issues as well. So all in all, its a pretty simple weapon that runs good once its setup properly. I still need to test fire my 45 conversion to see for sure though...
steppenwolf wrote:Well, just make sure you confirm that it runs hitch-free with & without the can.
True Dat!

EDIT: Here's one more...

ancient_serpent

Post by ancient_serpent » Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:42 pm

Normally not a fan of pistol caliber carbines, but wow, I really like the look of that!

Mr. E. Monkey

Post by Mr. E. Monkey » Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:10 pm

ancient_serpent wrote:Normally not a fan of pistol caliber carbines, but wow, I really like the look of that!
+1. Nice looking blaster. :mrgreen:
SMoAF wrote:'Tis better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness.
Beowolf wrote:Disasters are terrifying, but people are stupid.
wee drop o' bush wrote:THE EVIL MONKEY HAS WON THE INTERNETS! :lol: Image

milesindefilade

Post by milesindefilade » Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:10 pm

Every time I turn away from the pistol caliber carbine there is something to pull me back. That looks like more fun that a whore house.

What's the shortest Glock mag it will take? Like a G19 size?
Please punctuate everything I say with "IMHO."

Domino

Post by Domino » Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:10 pm

milesindefilade wrote:Every time I turn away from the pistol caliber carbine there is something to pull me back. That looks like more fun that a whore house.

What's the shortest Glock mag it will take? Like a G19 size?
Yes, it is a ton of fun to shoot. The second picture is shown with a G19 magazine with plenty of room to spare. I imagine it wouldn't have any issue accepting a G26 mag but I don't have one to try. I prefer the 33 rounders myself...

Also, so you guys can see how small this thing is, here it is next to my 16" mid-length AR-15...

Raven_Thunder
Favorite Zombie Movies: Severed, NOTLD, DOD '04, 28 Days Later, 28 Weeks Later

Books: Day by Day Armagedon

Post by Raven_Thunder » Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:14 pm

Looks good Domino! Can't wait for the range report.
In Before the 18 y/o Only Rule, bitchez!
Gone but Never Forgotten: HK33K "Pat"
Makarov wrote: So, you're worst nightmare is waking up in a strange bed, seeing Chuck lying next to you wearing a minuscule thingy, doing a stripe while humming "Sweet child of mine"?

Domino

Post by Domino » Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:29 pm

Raven_Thunder wrote:Looks good Domino! Can't wait for the range report.
Thanks. I actually took it out yesterday and I fired 300 rounds through it and it ran perfectly. I have to say that it is surprising how much more fun it is to shoot as a SBR. The shorter length, improved weight distribution, and louder report make it much more satisfying to handle and fire.

I've had the gun for over a year now so there were no surprises in reliability and accuracy. The gun is simple and the construction is robust and quite durable. The thick tubular receiver is visibly overbuilt but not overly heavy. Everything on the gun is machined steel and aluminum except for the furniture. Its rare to find guns like this in modern times, not a stamped part on it.

The only issue I have found with this gun is that the lower will loosen up over time due to the adjustable tension design. If it gets too loose then you will start to have FTE's although I am not entirely sure why. A little locktight on the adjustment screws fixes that though, and I haven't had any issues since a last set mine. I think the design would benefit from some sort of locking set screw on the adjustment screw.

The only other issues that I have with the gun is that the charging handle is a little small and the trigger is a little thin. I'm hoping either TNW will update the design or the aftermarket world will pick up on it as these become more popular.

Return to “Longarms - Shotguns and Rifles”