must meet AK challenge and need help

Forum dedicated for rifles and shotguns from basic to tactical.

Moderator: ZS Global Moderators

IANMCDEVITT

must meet AK challenge and need help

Post by IANMCDEVITT » Sat Nov 16, 2013 1:05 pm

I have to make a hundred meter standing unsupported Ak three round group / string. I 'm agai nst a SgtMaj in the Marines, 0311, Force Recon(retired) . We get our AK 's chosen for us randomly in the competition. I need to know how to adjust that front site from flush to about a 9" drop for 100 meters, im planning on rigging up a paracord sling in a about the five minutes we have before the competition starts. Whoever has the tighest three rounds wins. Im planning on loading 1 round at a time to cut down on weight. Ideas?

KYZHunters

Re: must meet AK challenge and need help

Post by KYZHunters » Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:02 pm

If this Dude is who he says he is and you don't have much offhand experience you might be hosed.
Since the number of retired Force Recon Sgt Majors is ridiculously small, lets assume this guy's a phony and you have a chance. Since this is about group rather than points, why mess with the sights? The sling is a great idea for the offhand. Load all three rounds so you aren't screwing with your stance. Establish a good natural point of aim by sighting in, closing your eyes and taking a few natural breaths, than opening your eyes to see which way your body has strayed, adjust accordingly. Concentrate on a good site picture and hold 'em and squeeze 'em.
Alternatively, shoot one round at the target and the rest high. Tell him all three went through the same hole.
crypto wrote:It's not that you were being "harsh" so much as a "douchebag".

IANMCDEVITT

Post by IANMCDEVITT » Sat Nov 16, 2013 7:19 pm

I will take it into consideration, thank you. Trust me, where I happen to be and with who, this dude is most definitely who he says he is. I've won a few of our bet, and my only advantage here is his underestimation of me.

Dave_M
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by Dave_M » Sat Nov 16, 2013 7:41 pm

9" drop at 100m?
Dave Merrill
Instructor for MilCopp Tactical LLC.

Rifle first. Rifle last. Rifle always.
Civilian Scout wrote:No one buys a Taurus because it's the best option available.

IANMCDEVITT

Post by IANMCDEVITT » Sun Nov 17, 2013 1:06 am

Thanks Dave, I thought that was the the case from that platform with that 7.62/39. This is going to be quite the circus when we shoot. What do you think about just loading the rounds singularly to cut down on the weight of that mag, I am using a sling (properly)

eeb

Post by eeb » Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:04 am

Do you mean you're going to load the rounds directly into the chamber and avoid using a mag altogether? That might help if the mag is really heavy. Otherwise the weight of three 7.62 x 39 rounds isn't going to be that much greater than one, when compared to the weight of the gun.
"Illegal spying is not a crime. Well, it is, but fuck it."-NSA

IANMCDEVITT

Post by IANMCDEVITT » Sun Nov 24, 2013 12:18 am

Disregard. Weapon change to PKM.

Doctorr Fabulous
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Evil Dead, Zombieland, 28 Days/Weeks Later

Post by Doctorr Fabulous » Sun Nov 24, 2013 12:20 am

IANMCDEVITT wrote:Disregard. Weapon change to PKM.
You might need a better sling then.
Opinions subject to change in light of new information.
http://i.imgur.com/wG6ZMjE.jpg

rjm

Post by rjm » Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:55 pm

Call Sonny Puzikas. he can tell you how to do anything with an Ak including turning it into a UAV and strafing the target.
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."

IANMCDEVITT

Post by IANMCDEVITT » Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:58 am

Its funny that you 'd say that. Sonny once told me he used some of my medical ideas. He 's also one of the only MF 'ers that can back up anything he says. I would NOT mess with that dude. He probably would have got a kick put of me trying to lock the T&E of that PKM tripod down being a lefty. You should see that dude use the self cocking makarov holster and get into action.....any coming up against him......it aint gonna end well for the challenger.

Doctorr Fabulous
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by Doctorr Fabulous » Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:00 am

IANMCDEVITT wrote:Its funny that you 'd say that. Sonny once told me he used some of my medical ideas. He 's also one of the only MF 'ers that can back up anything he says. I would NOT mess with that dude. He probably would have got a kick put of me trying to lock the T&E of that PKM tripod down being a lefty. You should see that dude use the self cocking makarov holster and get into action.....any coming up against him......it aint gonna end well for the challenger.
It didn't end well for one of his assistant trainers either.

Kommander

Post by Kommander » Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:52 pm

Doctorr Fabulous wrote:
IANMCDEVITT wrote:any coming up against him......it aint gonna end well for the challenger.
Last time I was at the range they had a Puzikas DvD in the bargain bin. I got a chuckle out of that.

As for you competition you should both use the same rifle so that nothing can be blamed on the equipment.

Why must all the hoops be on fire?

alptraum

Post by alptraum » Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:15 pm

Doctorr Fabulous wrote:
IANMCDEVITT wrote:Its funny that you 'd say that. Sonny once told me he used some of my medical ideas. He 's also one of the only MF 'ers that can back up anything he says. I would NOT mess with that dude. He probably would have got a kick put of me trying to lock the T&E of that PKM tripod down being a lefty. You should see that dude use the self cocking makarov holster and get into action.....any coming up against him......it aint gonna end well for the challenger.
Indeed. Only super operators demonstrate their training skills by shooting another instructor.

Mikeyboy

Post by Mikeyboy » Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:24 pm

Dave_M wrote:9" drop at 100m?
I have a 44mag lever gun that has less of a drop at 100 meters. The ballistics of 7.62x39 are NOT that BAD. Dave Ironically I got this chart from a thread you started in 2009.

http://zombiehunters.org/forum/viewtopi ... 11&t=56803" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Doctorr Fabulous
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by Doctorr Fabulous » Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:26 pm

IANMCDEVITT wrote: I need to know how to adjust that front site from flush to about a 9" drop for 100 meters, im planning on rigging up a paracord sling in a about the five minutes we have before the competition starts.
Mikeyboy wrote:
Dave_M wrote:9" drop at 100m?
I have a 44mag lever gun that has less of a drop at 100 meters. The ballistics of 7.62x39 are NOT that BAD. Dave Ironically I got this chart from a thread you started in 2009.

http://zombiehunters.org/forum/viewtopi ... 11&t=56803" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Context, brah. Context.

Dave_M
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by Dave_M » Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:03 am

Doctorr Fabulous wrote:Context, brah. Context.
^This.
Dave Merrill
Instructor for MilCopp Tactical LLC.

Rifle first. Rifle last. Rifle always.
Civilian Scout wrote:No one buys a Taurus because it's the best option available.

Captain Hero

Post by Captain Hero » Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:37 am

I think Id learn the hold over/under for 9" at 100m. Anything else would be a waste of time IMO.
If you live nothing, you are nothing

Return to “Longarms - Shotguns and Rifles”