Private/FTF gunsales=WTF

General discussions regarding topics that aren't covered in one of the other sub-forums. NO DISCUSSION OF POLITICS!

Moderators: ZS Global Moderators, ZS Postal Match Officers

One Of None
Location: Homebrewing.... Disguise your drinking problem as a hobby!

Private/FTF gunsales=WTF

Post by One Of None » Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:16 am

This is a somewhat spinoff from this thread http://zombiehunters.org/forum/viewtopi ... 07&t=97651" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I listed my Kimber Ultra Carry II in a local internet site. : http://www.themainemarketplace.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I get a reply : Hello,How are you doing today,hope great?I'm Lemmy Curtis. I saw your item posted for sale at themainmarketplace ADS SITE And am so much interested in purchasing it,So i will really appreciate if you can get back to me with the present condition,location and your firm asking price for it. Am awaiting your quick response so that we could proceed further...Lemmy

I reply with this because I got 5 bites with different questions:
It has 200-300 rounds through it without any malfunctions. Kimber recommends 400-500 rounds to break it in. It has an 1/8" ding and light holster wear on the frame. I can take close up pics of the ding and holster wear. It does not have night sights. I do not have the original grips but you can buy them directly from Kimber for $16.95. The Houge grip has a worn edge on it but a new one is $19.99 and availible in 5 colors. The spare Wilson Combat magazine cost $32.99. It sells new at Wileys in Ellsworth for $999.00 +$50.00 tax + a spare $32.99 Wilson Combat mag. Price is firm and just about half price of new. I am Old Town. I would need a Maine drivers license (Maine resident and 21 years of age) and bill of sale. I have 5 people asking different questions so I lumped all the answers in one email. Thanks.

This is the reply I got from Lemmy subject Payment Agreement:

Thanks once again for the prompt response, I am fine and okay with the price and present condition of the Kimber Ultra Carry II Stainless ,but i just received an urgent call from my office Head office in Hawaii,which i have to leave early tomorrow morning with the first flight,but my wife would take care of the transaction during my departure and i have already discussed about the transaction to her,so i want you to know that the payment will get to you any moment from now and it will be coming in to you by the United States Postal Service... Concerning the pick-up i have spoken with my shipping company regarding the pickup,so they advised that I send their shipping charges together with the payment i am sending you. So in a nut shell i am going to instruct my wife to issue out the check to you as soon as possible in order to make the transaction faster,but if i send them a separate check due to their head office location it will take them 30 working days to clear, So I would have to instruct my wife to issue out a Bank Certified Check which will contain some excess funds meant for the Shipping Company... So immediately you get it, all you have to do is get it cashed deduct your own portion for the Item Purchased,you should also deduct an additional $50 for your compensation of the stress you may go through,then you proceed to the nearest western union or money gram and get all the excess funds transferred to my Shipping Company .The Shippers would come over to your location immediately they receive their funds depending on your convenient date and time you would like them to come because they have to help me ship my other goods from China to my house in California. So make sure you don't receive any other offer regarding the sale anymore ,just count it sold to me already.I will give you a call as soon as i am less busy because i am handling lot of work over here and besides i will email you further instruction on how to complete the transaction as soon as the check must have been delivered to you... So kindly get back to me with the following details below so that the Payment could be mailed out to you immediately... ***Name To Be Written On The Check*** ***Full Address(Including City,State & Zip Code*** ***Home Telephone Number*** ***Cell Phone Number*** ***Price Agreed On*** Regards --- On Fri, 8/10/12, V T <havecarwilltravel@msn.com> wrote:

Mods, pleaes don't lock this. I'm not trying to sell anything on here. Just a WTF is this.
http://www.deadseasonmusic.com/music" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Click me, crank me, buy me.
Dead Season has bubble gum. But they're still here to kick ass.
Your ass.
squinty wrote:
Sometimes I like it rough, I like the way it kicks me. But I need to have as much in the tube as possible - I'm a big bore capacity whore - so three inchers just won't do it for me.

AKFTW
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of the Dead, Dawn of the Dead (remake), Land of the Dead, 28 Days Later, and Zombieland!

Re: Private/FTF gunsales=WTF

Post by AKFTW » Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:20 am

Run. Run away. :gonk:
docdredd wrote:those pandas need to harden the fuck up

TacAir

Post by TacAir » Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:45 am

ah, a rip-off?

All sales cash and I don't come alone, will only meet in a public place.

Don't play the fool - and don't take checks.

(Paragraphs would help in the future, BTW)
TacAir - I'd rather be a disappointed pessimist than a horrified optimist
**All my books ** some with a different view of the "PAW". Check 'em out.
Adventures in rice storage//Mod your Esbit for better stability

yossarian
Favorite Zombie Movies: Army of Darkness, Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead(remake)

Post by yossarian » Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:53 am

It's a scam. They don't know/care that it's a gun. He wants to write a check far in excess of the amount owed for your Kimber. You transfer the balance to him via Western Union before the check is found to be fraudulent. He gets the extra money and you get left with a massive charge from your bank for a rubber check. Just ignore it. It's a pretty common scam for craiglist et al.
" So, brave knights,
if you do doubt your courage or your strength, come no further,
for death awaits you all with nasty, big, pointy teeth."

Redeyes
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Favorite Zombie Movies: Night of The Living Dead 1968

Post by Redeyes » Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:58 am

That guy is a scammer. He will have you cash a bad check, keep some money for yourself, and send him money. A few days later that check will bounce and your bank will deduct the money you took out from your balance. Somebody tried the same thing on my girlfriend, only she wasn't selling anything, she was renting a house. Luckily the manager at her bank caught it, and we turned over the check and all emails to the bank's fraud department.

Team Beards&Irons MilCopp 2013

Browning 35 for ZS President 2016. Make Zombie Squad Great Again!

the_alias
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by the_alias » Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:20 am

Scammer - there are a couple of websites out there dedicated to fucking over these kind of scammers.

You could make a posting on one of those sites - sometimes those guys run elaborate counter-scams to stop this kind of BS.

Scammers are asshole scumbag fucks who often try to dupe elderly people and the vulnerable so kinda funny on the one hand to see him trying to dupe a guy selling a Firearm.
Man is a beast of prey

aus.templar

Post by aus.templar » Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:25 am

No. No. No, no, no, no, no. No!

Transfer money to my bank account and I'll mail things. Pay me cash in person and I'll give it to you. Otherwise, no deal buddy.
shrapnel wrote:Shut the fuck up, you'll meet me and you'll like me or I'll fucking cut you. :twisted:
SMoAF wrote: I collect foodstuffs so that I can stay alive long enough to exhaust my ammo supply.
jamoni wrote: You win. I hope it helps you get chicks.
And on the eighth day Man forged a knife and took survival into his own hands.

crypto
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Post by crypto » Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:26 am

Its a scam. Tell him to go fuck himself and you'll never hear from him.
MF'N TEAM LEADER

"Some people think that the best way to stop the leopard is to cut the horns off the gazelle. This, my friends, is insane."

Gingerbread Man
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by Gingerbread Man » Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:53 am

I'm with AKFTW, I couldn't even follow what he was saying. I wouldn't even try it just because it sounds like a pain in the ass.

Pay me cash and cash only. :D
Shrapnel wrote "nobody is trying to be a dick and give out warnings for every little thing" :|
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DS1icEssOUM

MaconCJ7
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Post by MaconCJ7 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:12 am

Yeah, I was talking to a guy like that about a truck I was selling. After I told him to kick rocks he tried threatening me with the FBI. That didn't work out so well, as I took issue with that. Instead of just hitting the ignore button, I forwarded his information to the local PD, as well as the FBI, as it was supposedly an interstate transaction. I doubt anything came of it, but when his next email was even more aggressive, I told him I sent his information in to the authorities, and that stopped communique altogether.

dogbane
Favorite Zombie Movies: the usual ones

Post by dogbane » Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:16 am

I got nearly identical contacts when I was selling a car and a truck on C-list. They read as if they had been composed by a Nigerian prince.
Mostly not here anymore.

raptor
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by raptor » Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:09 am

Contrary to popular belief certified checks, money orders and cashiers checks are not instant money nor are they necessarily good and guaranteed funds. They can take up to 10 days to clear. In addition they can be counterfeit, fraudulent, stolen or even voided.

The way this scam works they send what appears to a good financial instrument for say $1,000 when the cost of the item is only say $800. You ship the merchandise and then send the $200 to them as "change". A few days later the $1,000 "good financial instrument" bounces and you are out the $200 change and the merchandise.

Here is a site that is dedicated to exposing these scams.
http://quatloosia.blogspot.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Tell the person to enjoy their trip to Hawaii but you have sold the item to someone else.

Dasho101
Favorite Zombie Movies: Range 15

Post by Dasho101 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:44 am

dogbane wrote:I got nearly identical contacts when I was selling a car and a truck on C-list. They read as if they had been composed by a Nigerian prince.
this... the reason it is often times so hard to read is its translated using free online services, or written buy some one with a limited grasp on English.
Jeriah wrote:
My Sig functions on Teutonic Gnome Magic, thank you very much.
Remember Nancy Reagan? "JUST SAY NO!"

TwistedSense

Post by TwistedSense » Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:12 pm

Scammer

Got similar results trying to sell my wifes wedding dress on Craigs List.
I don't care what you think of me. Unless you think I am awesome. In which case, you are right.

Braxton
ZS Board Member
ZS Board Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: I love them all.

Post by Braxton » Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:23 pm

crypto wrote:Its a scam. Tell him to go fuck himself and you'll never hear from him.String him along for weeks just for fun, try to see if he will send you pics of him doing stupid things. Have fun with it.

FTFY.

:D
Jeriah wrote: you are NEVER completely certain of any other human being: not your parents, not your brother, not your wife, nobody.
Actually I think under some circumstances people sometimes don't even know themselves, but that's a bit existential for this thread. :lol:

UndeadInfidel
Favorite Zombie Movies: Zombieland, Dawn of the Dead

Post by UndeadInfidel » Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:50 pm

crypto wrote:Its a scam. Tell him to go fuck himself and you'll never hear from him.
This. I had a friend that lost a $10k Rolex in a similar scam. I wish he'd asked me before he stupidly got himself involved in it.

m ellis allen

Post by m ellis allen » Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:07 am

Braxton wrote:
crypto wrote:Its a scam. Tell him to go fuck himself and you'll never hear from him.String him along for weeks just for fun, try to see if he will send you pics of him doing stupid things. Have fun with it.

FTFY.

seriously do this. the more of his time you waste the less time he is able to scam others. ask for a picture of his ID so you can be sure hes 21yrs old. ask for his wifes ID, then ask for a copy of their marrige certificate. give reasonable explainations as to why you need further documents.

also i sent you a PM
zombies are notoriously bad drivers
lunicy wrote:Mosins doesn't have Kool aid. It would have to be vodka and coffee,mixed with cosmoline, made with mud, in a hat. Mosins are too rough for kool aid.

Kutter_0311
Favorite Zombie Movies: too many to get into...

Post by Kutter_0311 » Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:02 pm

This has been pretty well covered, but SCAMSCAMSCAMSCAM....

The first time I got an email like this, I was pretty confused. After doing some research, I realized somebody was trying to rip me off. I no longer respond to anyone that can't write coherent English. Sadly, it's just the cost of trying to get a good price for something on the internet.
JAYNE COBB wrote: Well, what you plan and what takes place ain't ever exactly been similar.
TravisM.1 wrote:If a rifle is an option, a rifle is usually the answer.
minengr wrote:I've said it numerous times, a quality rig is only as good as it's weakest link. Which usually is the nut behind the butt.

GDTwinkie

Post by GDTwinkie » Sat Aug 11, 2012 2:09 pm

Braxton wrote:

FTFY.

You mean like this? http://forum.419eater.com/forum/album.php

One Of None
Location: Homebrewing.... Disguise your drinking problem as a hobby!

Post by One Of None » Sat Aug 11, 2012 4:13 pm

I wish you guys would have responded sooner. I already shipped the gun to the China shipping agent!

Yeah,I figured it was a scam. Made my eyes bleed trying to read it.
I'm not sure if it's the mainemarketplace or unclehenrys site that they're coming from (have it posted on both).

And oh:

Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2012 03:58:52 -0700
Subject: Kimber Ultra Carry II Stainless
To:

hello how are you doing....am Mr martin i just ganna ask may be you still have this item for sale i will want you to get back to me with the present condition of the item and also the final asking price looking forward to read from you as soon as possible.
Regard
Martin

Sent: Sat 8/11/12 7:05 AM
To:

Hello sorry for the late respond i can understand you as much i will just want you to get back to me with your final asking price of the item and also i will want you to know that i have a pick p agent that will pick the from your location cos am currently out for state now for a business and i will pay you via cashier looking forward to read from you as soon as possible.
Regard
God Bless

When the kids go to bed tonight, I have a feeling that 3 people are gonna get blurry pics of my dong with 45 ACP brass (actually I might use like 9MM to make things look .....bigger :oops: ) on my nuts.
Last edited by One Of None on Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.deadseasonmusic.com/music" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Click me, crank me, buy me.
Dead Season has bubble gum. But they're still here to kick ass.
Your ass.
squinty wrote:
Sometimes I like it rough, I like the way it kicks me. But I need to have as much in the tube as possible - I'm a big bore capacity whore - so three inchers just won't do it for me.

Stercutus

Post by Stercutus » Sat Aug 11, 2012 4:32 pm

I got a half dozen of those types offers the first time I posted a car for sale on line. This was a few years ago back when these scams were first coming on line. Like you I was like WTF over? Why don't you just cash your (money order/ check/ whatever) and send me the correct amount?

Since they could not explain it in any rational way I did not deal. They are looking for someone that really wants to sell right away and is willing to overlook some craziness to sell whatever it is they are trying to sell.
You go 'round and around it
You go over and under
I go through

MaconCJ7
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Post by MaconCJ7 » Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:13 pm

I don't know if that's your email address you posted there or not, but if it is, you might want to delete it.

rjm

Post by rjm » Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:53 pm

Honestly, I just read the first 2-3 sentances. It sounds just like one of those other scams going around.:

I am an African prince who is displaced from my homeland and I need you to open an account in America so I can reclaim my birthright.

I am a Russian businessman who can't open an account in America, so I need you to set one up in your name and you will be my #1 guy.
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."

URBAN ASSAULT

Post by URBAN ASSAULT » Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:16 pm

I sold a mint condition HP-01 LED gold watch(with all the associated paperwork) a few years back on eBay, and I was so nervous about getting scammed I almost didn't do the deal. The buyer was in Germany(red flag!), but I told him that his bank draft would have to fully clear my account and then we'd wait an additional five business days to be sure there wouldn't be financial shenanigans coming back to bite me.

He was fine with my conditions, and a couple of days later I had $2500 in my hands. The deal went thru without a hitch, he got his new watch shipped just like I said he would, but I made sure that I didn't spend even a penny of that cash until everything was done.

Even though I had no problems whatsoever with the transaction, I consider myself lucky that I wasn't ripped off like so many others are.

-urban
"When under imminent Predator attack, try to act all Thalidomide-y till they go away".-me
3%

Return to “General Firearms Discussion”