rattle can camo

General discussions regarding topics that aren't covered in one of the other sub-forums. NO DISCUSSION OF POLITICS!

Moderators: ZS Global Moderators, ZS Postal Match Officers

smokestack
BANNED
Favorite Zombie Movies: ALL

rattle can camo

Post by smokestack » Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:42 am

im wondering about the durability of krylon camo on a teflon finish or any finish for that matter. what kind of luck have you guys had. just going to do a basic spray on , no using stencils or anything like that.
YOUR GONNA NEED A BIGGER BOAT....

Mr.Pliskin

Re: rattle can camo

Post by Mr.Pliskin » Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:01 am

As long as you do a good prep of your surface It will hold up fairly well aside from your high wear areas like the grip, magwell, and forend. Aslo the paint will discolor on the barrel if your putting a lot of rounds through it.

Jsimmonsgr

Post by Jsimmonsgr » Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:55 am

Its what I use on my personal guns, it does wear faster than duracoat or other more expesive finishes, but for the money it works good. If you want it to last longer do multiple layers and finish with a matte clear acrylic. I like the fact I can change the camo for whatever location I am in with about five mins of work. As for the barrel discoloration, that is not really something you can change. It has to do with the heat coming off the barrel, the worst I have had on my rifles is they go from matte to light gloss. I figure if the rattle can treatment works for our boys overseas it will do me just fine.
J.
Gunsmith

Phone 480-217-4742 ( Let me know you are from ZS, I get a LOT of telemarketing calls and might be a bit gruff when I answer.)
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Sic Vis Pacem, Parabellum
Deus Vult
Rule#2 Dont be stingy with ammo, double tap!

omega_man
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead
Shaun of the Dead
Zombieland

Post by omega_man » Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:45 pm

this thread should probably be merged with the other rattle can camo thread:

http://zombiehunters.org/forum/viewtopi ... 09&t=92792

just saying...
Bold Shirts for Bold Nerds! http://www.onemansurfparty.com/

B35, assassinated 9-15-14.

RED_RUM
Favorite Zombie Movies: Zombie Land

Post by RED_RUM » Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:09 pm

You can also but a coat of spray on clear rubber on it as a final coat. not it will not hold up to a lot of use but i have used it on my M14 and its great. You get a better grip on your gun and it protects your paint job. when it starts to peal you just touch it up.
"The world suffers a lot, not because of the violence of bad people but because of the silence of good people" (Napoleon)

Return to “General Firearms Discussion”