Should civilians, ALL civilians, be able to...

General discussions regarding topics that aren't covered in one of the other sub-forums. NO DISCUSSION OF POLITICS!

Moderators: ZS Global Moderators, ZS Postal Match Officers

Necrodamus

Should civilians, ALL civilians, be able to...

Post by Necrodamus » Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:13 am

For the record, I have many friends that are LEOs, my wife works for a local PD, I'm working towards a degree in forensics and with any luck will be with a department in the near future. I dont know a single LEO that would suggest they should have firearms that civilians should not have.
I am not anti LEO, anti government or anti anything.
What I support is the right of individuals.

Oh dont forget, NO POLITICS!

Should civilians, ALL civilians, be able to own the same guns as LEOs?

Second Amendment
"A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

On June 28, 2010 the Supreme Court of the United States ruled that the Second Amendment was incorporated into the 14th Amendment. That means the right to keep and bear arms is an INDIVIDUAL and not a states right.

From Lexisnexis
The Rule of Law, in its most basic form, is the principle that no one is above the law. The rule follows logically from the idea that truth, and therefore law, is based upon fundamental principles which can be discovered, but which cannot be created through an act of will.
From Brainyquotes
No man is above the law and no man is below it: nor do we ask any man's permission when we ask him to obey it.
Theodore Roosevelt

the_alias
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Re: Should civilians, ALL civilians, be able to...

Post by the_alias » Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:27 am

Maybe I'm blind but I fail to see how this can be a constructive discussion without an engagement of political theory and ideas.

Necrodamus I'm going to lock this and ask you to PM me a compelling reason why this should be on ZS please.
Man is a beast of prey

Return to “General Firearms Discussion”