Pistol Training Day with Don of Milcopp in SC Jan. 27th

General discussions regarding topics that aren't covered in one of the other sub-forums. NO DISCUSSION OF POLITICS!

Moderators: ZS Global Moderators, ZS Postal Match Officers

doc66

Re: Pistol Training Day with Don of Milcopp in SC Jan. 27th

Post by doc66 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:05 pm

TheLastOne wrote:I got a Comp tac Infidel iwb holster in the mail the other day for my new sig p226. It said for railed 226's, but this sucker does not fit. Even with the retention screws OUT it barely fits. Dunno if the combat model has some different specs, but anyway, if anyone going wants a free comp tac infidel/see if it fits their sig, holler and I'll bring it.

Not worth the hassle to me to return it, and I don't plan on buying any other sigs this year (which is a sure sign I'll buy two :lol: ). I don't mind giving it away to somebody if they'll get some use out of it.

Got a galco triton (what I use for my glocks) on the way instead. Also, Raven updated my order to 'printed' :lol: which I think means they are ready to charge me and put my printed order on a stack this high...
Bring it, there will be a couple Sigs in class!
http://www.milcopptactical.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Equuleus

Post by Equuleus » Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:23 pm

TheLastOne wrote:Also, Raven updated my order to 'printed' :lol: which I think means they are ready to charge me and put my printed order on a stack this high...
The raven I received two months about was in my hands about two weeks after the printed date. A lot faster then the first one I ordered. So you may have it in time for the class.

Gingerbread Man
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by Gingerbread Man » Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:46 am

Okay, the club is once again playing games with me. I put in the request for the extra guests but it doesn't sound good and they want me to go to a club meeting to plead my case. I'm not seeing this go well because their 'instructors' say it's a bad idea. As an off note, I've done this twice already with and without Don and I've never had an issue. I informed them that I have a professional instructor helping me, we'll see. I really need to have a friend help me out and get a membership, 57plymouth? Anyone? :lol:

Anyway, these are the folks that are 100% in and coming:
RG
Omega Man
Doc66 (Instructor)
Dave M (Instructor)
TDW
Mister Dark
57 Plymouth
The last one
Equuleus (He'll be there 110%, that's just how he does things. Well, unless a grievous misfortune befalls him. Fuck off grievous misfortune.)
+2 of Doc's homies.

I'm sorry but Redeyes and JC, you guys are on hold. I'll let you know ASAP if they allow this.
Shrapnel wrote "nobody is trying to be a dick and give out warnings for every little thing" :|
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DS1icEssOUM

Redeyes
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Favorite Zombie Movies: Night of The Living Dead 1968

Post by Redeyes » Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:36 pm

I looked into joining, but the monthly meeting that a new member is required to attend before joining, is tonight at 7:30 P.M..
I have a class from 6 P.M. to 8 P.M., and the location of the class is an hour away from the club. I could probably make the new member range safety briefing although, it would be tight as I would get out of work that Sunday at 7:30 A.M. and there would be nearly a two hour drive to the club. I could qualify for an associate membership as I live more than 75 miles away, but I have no idea what that means or if I can afford the fees.

Edit: An associate membership is $100. I could do that, but I can't make this monthly meeting. I also don't have a membership card to any gun rights organization. I have no problem with getting one though.

2nd Edit: If there is a way to join, in time to help with the class, let me know.

Team Beards&Irons MilCopp 2013

Browning 35 for ZS President 2016. Make Zombie Squad Great Again!

J.C.
Favorite Zombie Movies: Night of the Living Dead, 28 Days Later, Zombieland

Post by J.C. » Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:07 pm

Hi well sorry to put you through so much trouble but I'm going to have to back out anyway. We just rescheduled a software release and I'm going to have to work that day.
squinty wrote: Birds gotta fly, fish gotta swim, zombies gotta shuffle around and eatcher brains. Why do sharks eat divers? Why not swim around and starve to death?
Why do tornadoes zero in on trailer parks? Why not just blow around harmlessly? It's the way of the world, man.

Gingerbread Man
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by Gingerbread Man » Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:23 pm

J.C. wrote:Hi well sorry to put you through so much trouble but I'm going to have to back out anyway. We just rescheduled a software release and I'm going to have to work that day.
Cool, sorry buddy.
Shrapnel wrote "nobody is trying to be a dick and give out warnings for every little thing" :|

Gingerbread Man
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by Gingerbread Man » Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:25 pm

Redeyes wrote:I looked into joining, but the monthly meeting that a new member is required to attend before joining, is tonight at 7:30 P.M..
I have a class from 6 P.M. to 8 P.M., and the location of the class is an hour away from the club. I could probably make the new member range safety briefing although, it would be tight as I would get out of work that Sunday at 7:30 A.M. and there would be nearly a two hour drive to the club. I could qualify for an associate membership as I live more than 75 miles away, but I have no idea what that means or if I can afford the fees.

Edit: An associate membership is $100. I could do that, but I can't make this monthly meeting. I also don't have a membership card to any gun rights organization. I have no problem with getting one though.

2nd Edit: If there is a way to join, in time to help with the class, let me know.
Let me ask tomorrow. You can email the vp of the club. His name is Stephensmith. There is a link on the mcrc website.

Redeyes
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Post by Redeyes » Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:38 pm

I have emailed the VP concerning my interest in joining MCRC. I will post again when I recieve a response.

Edited to add: Further perusal of Google maps shows that I don't live a straight line distance of 75 miles away, more like 60 miles.

Mister Dark
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Mister Dark » Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:43 pm

I don't mind the thught of joining, but can I get in before the training day? I'll check the website tomorrow when I am near a computer.

DannusMaximus
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Post by DannusMaximus » Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:37 am

Better post detailed AAR's with pictures so the rest of us can live vicariously... :(

Are beards required for MilCopp pistol classes, or just for their Carbine I/II courses?
Holmes: "You have arms, I suppose?
Watson: "Yes, I thought it as well to take them."
Holmes: "Most certainly! Keep your revolver near you night and day, and never relax your precautions..."

- The Hound of the Baskervilles

Dave_M
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by Dave_M » Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:54 am

DannusMaximus wrote:Are beards required for MilCopp pistol classes, or just for their Carbine I/II courses?
My beard's been on and off for like, months now... so, I really hope a full manbeard isn't a requirement otherwise I won't be allowed to go myself...
Dave Merrill
Instructor for MilCopp Tactical LLC.

Rifle first. Rifle last. Rifle always.
Civilian Scout wrote:No one buys a Taurus because it's the best option available.

TDW586
Location: Here, unless I'm not, in which case, somewhere else

Post by TDW586 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:13 am

Your sleeves will suffice. Note that I have no beard or tattoos of any kind, much less sleeves, so hopefully I will be allowed to participate.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Gingerbread Man
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by Gingerbread Man » Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:25 pm

Okay, last update on particpation. My request for extra guests was denied because they need to defend their feudal order. I'm very sorry but they've limit me to ten.

These are the particpants:
RG
Omega Man
Doc66 (Instructor)
Dave M (Instructor)
TDW
Mister Dark
57 Plymouth
The last one
Equuleus
+2 of Doc's homies.

That's the limit. I'm tired of getting jerked around by these guys.
We all need to be on the same page while we are there. Do not talk to anyone else that comes up to us about this being a course or a class. Don and Dave ARE VOLUNTARY SAFETY OFFICERS. No matter what is asked, no matter how squirrelly they get, that's it. We may have to all go to the bathroom together but that's the way it is. We are having a range day for a group of friends. Full stop.

doc66

Post by doc66 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:25 pm

As usual, we have range problems, and we overcome, somehow!

Sorry everyone....

Now if someone would just donate about 100 miles of range to us (yes, I meant miles) we'd be set (or I could win the lottery, and that'd mean having to play).

Wyoming, Montana, Arizona, New Mexico, Colorado, looking at you!

TheLastOne
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by TheLastOne » Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:45 pm

Well, just make sure we all look scary as hell and that should eliminate most people wanting to spark up some conversations.

I'ma be bearded up to give me a -10 to suckiness (I hope). Tattoos will only be visible if we have topless day at the range (yay hot brass). I will bring a marker for TDW to draw some bad ass anchor tats on his forearms and to print 'ar15' on his knuckles.

I live in CO and damn if I could find a range/crater for us to play in I will. Laws/assholes vary county by county here and more often than not it's just a pain in the ass.

Also, IS IT FUCKING JANUARY 27th yet??? I'm getting antsy. :twisted:
MF'N Team Leader: Cleveland Steamers 2012
Team Beards&Irons 2013

Gingerbread Man
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by Gingerbread Man » Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:55 pm

TheLastOne wrote: Also, IS IT FUCKING JANUARY 27th yet??? I'm getting antsy. :twisted:
We are closing in.

Redeyes
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Post by Redeyes » Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:17 pm

I just got an email back from Stephen Smith. They won't let me join the club this month. I have to be at a meeting to be voted in.

doc66

Post by doc66 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:25 pm

I haven't gotten an email from Stephen Smith yet. I keep hoping that we can get the range for a couple two day rifle courses, but I am losing hope. The questions about our teaching techniques and number of students we teach at a class couple with the comments "Our range instructors" and "The board wonders" just makes me hate FUDDs even more. I directed them to our AARs when they asked me about what kind of class we teach.

I doubt they even read them.

Ah well.

Equuleus

Post by Equuleus » Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:50 pm

Regular Guy wrote:Okay, last update on particpation. My request for extra guests was denied because they need to defend their feudal order. I'm very sorry but they've limit me to ten.

These are the particpants:
RG
Omega Man
Doc66 (Instructor)
Dave M (Instructor)
TDW
Mister Dark
57 Plymouth
The last one
Equuleus
+2 of Doc's homies.

That's the limit. I'm tired of getting jerked around by these guys.
We all need to be on the same page while we are there. Do not talk to anyone else that comes up to us about this being a course or a class. Don and Dave ARE VOLUNTARY SAFETY OFFICERS. No matter what is asked, no matter how squirrelly they get, that's it. We may have to all go to the bathroom together but that's the way it is. We are having a range day for a group of friends. Full stop.
What class? I'm just going to the range with some friends I talk to online...

doc66

Post by doc66 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:16 pm

Although it was pretty cool to find out that Omega Man lives just down the road from me.... Like close enough for beers.

omega_man
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead
Shaun of the Dead
Zombieland

Post by omega_man » Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:06 pm

doc66 wrote:Although it was pretty cool to find out that Omega Man lives just down the road from me.... Like close enough for beers.
Welcome to the neighborhood Doc! Although; if you start to miss OH, I have a stock of Skyline Chili that we can eat while wearing scarlett and grey sweater vests :D
Bold Shirts for Bold Nerds! http://www.onemansurfparty.com/

B35, assassinated 9-15-14.

doc66

Post by doc66 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:38 am

omega_man wrote:
doc66 wrote:Although it was pretty cool to find out that Omega Man lives just down the road from me.... Like close enough for beers.
Welcome to the neighborhood Doc! Although; if you start to miss OH, I have a stock of Skyline Chili that we can eat while wearing scarlett and grey sweater vests :D
:D Skyline! *sigh*

I DO feel a little out of place in my Buckeyes jersey!

doc66

Post by doc66 » Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:31 pm

Did a little tune up for the class this morning, took Junior with me and getting her started on the G19.

omega_man
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead
Shaun of the Dead
Zombieland

Post by omega_man » Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:00 pm

doc66 wrote:Did a little tune up for the class this morning, took Junior with me and getting her started on the G19.
Sweet. Did you find the Pickens Co. range? I'm thinking of heading out there Friday to shake off the cobwebs if you're interested.
Bold Shirts for Bold Nerds! http://www.onemansurfparty.com/

B35, assassinated 9-15-14.

Return to “General Firearms Discussion”