DUMBEST F*&@king thing you've ever heard NOT ON THE ZS FORUM

General discussions regarding topics that aren't covered in one of the other sub-forums. NO DISCUSSION OF POLITICS!

Moderators: ZS Global Moderators, ZS Postal Match Officers

Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead (2004)
Zombieland

Re: DUMBEST F*&@king thing you've ever heard NOT ON THE ZS F

Post by 0122358 » Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:18 am

So i was at my local gun store today just looking at what i could not afford...and i saw this remington 700 that looked interesting but my shitty vision being what it is i could not read the tag hanging off it so i asked the sales person what it was chambered in...

Me: Whats is that 700 chambered in?
Sales: Whats a 700?
Me: that bolt action right there, what is it chambered in?
Sales: What do you mean chambered? its a gun.
Me: I know its a gun, im asking what kinda round does it use?
Sales: Its a Remington 700
Me: No...what does it shoot? what caliber does it shoot
?Sales: You mean what kinda bullet does it fire?
Me: yes... :evil:
Sales: (looks at tag) oh it says 700...
Me: No...thats the model number, look, it looks like a 30 caliber
Sales: Thats what it says...
Me: (FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKK) :evil: :evil: :evil:
Me: So....308, 3006, 300 winmag??
Sales: Yes...
Me: ugh...which one?
Sales: Let me go get my supervisor...

Ok not to be disrespectful to my fine firends on here who are gun store employees...but why are som many people dumb...? Oh and i finally decided to just look at it myself and it was in 3006...
SMoAF wrote:Your sin is one of geography, not one of unmanliness. Pimp's sin is that he's, well....himself.
Doctorr Fabulous wrote: I'd rather have 10 spooky-sized aircraft in an AO than 100 drones, because fuck those fucking pred flyboys who can't tell the difference between a shovel and an RPK.

Rev
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Rev » Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:00 am

What's awesome is being on the opposite side of the counter for a similar exchange. How the hell am I supposed to know what to feed your own gun? It's very nice that it's a Remington but that doesn't tell me a damn thing.
Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

Zombie Squad Forum Rules: Read Me!
http://zombiehunters.org/forum/viewtopi ... 44&t=19895

squinty
Favorite Zombie Movies: night of the living dead, shaun of the dead, pre-opening credit scenes from 28 weeks later and dawn of the dead remake

Post by squinty » Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:43 am

0122358 wrote:So i was at my local gun store today just looking at what i could not afford...and i saw this remington 700 that looked interesting but my shitty vision being what it is i could not read the tag hanging off it so i asked the sales person what it was chambered in...

Me: Whats is that 700 chambered in?
Sales: Whats a 700?
Me: that bolt action right there, what is it chambered in?
Sales: What do you mean chambered? its a gun.
Me: I know its a gun, im asking what kinda round does it use?
Sales: Its a Remington 700
Me: No...what does it shoot? what caliber does it shoot
?Sales: You mean what kinda bullet does it fire?
Me: yes... :evil:
Sales: (looks at tag) oh it says 700...
Me: No...thats the model number, look, it looks like a 30 caliber
Sales: Thats what it says...
Me: (FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKK) :evil: :evil: :evil:
Me: So....308, 3006, 300 winmag??
Sales: Yes...
Me: ugh...which one?
Sales: Let me go get my supervisor...

Ok not to be disrespectful to my fine firends on here who are gun store employees...but why are som many people dumb...? Oh and i finally decided to just look at it myself and it was in 3006...
I've had similar conversations at the gun counter of different "big box" stores, and learned to give the counter person a 'pass' - that man or woman just works there, and may never have held a gun in his or her life except to hand one to a customer. They may have been checking out groceries or working the paint department the day before, and just got sent to 'sporting goods' to fill in that day.

I have slightly higher expectations in a dedicated gun store (or electronics store, or other specialty store) but it's not fair to expect the people behind the wal-mart gun counter to know anything about firearms (though some at my local Wal-Mart do.) I've learned to just ask to look at the gun I'm interested in, and to point at the box of ammunition I want and say "this one. The one in the green and yellow box on the end. Yep, that one. Thanks."
George Orwell wrote:Power is not a means; it is an end. One does not establish a dictatorship in order to safeguard a revolution; one makes the revolution in order to establish the dictatorship. The object of persecution is persecution. The object of torture is torture. The object of power is power.

Doctorr Fabulous
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Evil Dead, Zombieland, 28 Days/Weeks Later

Post by Doctorr Fabulous » Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:25 am

But the worst sharp stick in the eye part is that there is decaf coffee in them. What happened to the drink mix that you could use for rifle bore cleaner to. I want some MRE's that are better than you have for sale. Maybe you have to be politically correct with menu choices?
From the comments section of this site.
Opinions subject to change in light of new information.
http://i.imgur.com/wG6ZMjE.jpg

Psypher
Favorite Zombie Movies: There are so many, so why not list them all!

Post by Psypher » Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:24 pm

"Holy crap! Did you see that? I'm never wearing that holster again it caused my gun to go off!"

From the guy that I provided aid to immediately following that statement, rumor has it he's managed to shoot himself 3 or more times in the past 12 months.

To quote Carlos Mencia: Dee Dee Dee!
Safety in numbers? Sure, my spotter says "send it" and we now have dinner for a few weeks. Thank goodness animals don't tend to roam alone.

azrael99
Favorite Zombie Movies: night of the living dead, 28 days later, Zombieland, World war Z (when it gonna be out)

Post by azrael99 » Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:58 pm

that:

my friend: didn't you know i was hunting with my father last October ?
me: no
my friend: yea and my father got a pretty nice deer with his 7mm with explosive ammo
me: his what ?
my friend: his 7mm explosive ammo
me: explosive ammo ? are you sure ?
my friend : yea ,it's like , the bullet explode inside the deer and make a huge hole
me: i'M kinda sure you can't have "explosive ammo" here
my friend : that what my father said it was
me : well oki, what did they look like ?
my friend: well, they had that hole at the tip and was looking hollow, so i guess the explosive was inside that
me: that a hollow point bullet
my friend: a what ?
me:hollow point, it's just a bullet that empty inside that will smash and form a flower or a mushroom shape inside the body to amplified the damage . they do not actually explode.
my friend: yea but me and my father always called that like that, we don't need the exact name anyway
me: *shrug* :x :gonk:
"We stopped to look for monster under the bed , the day we realized that they were inside us"

RonnyRonin
Favorite Zombie Movies: zombieland wasn't bad, but shaun started it for me.

Post by RonnyRonin » Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:02 am

did some night shooting with a couple guys and our local gun bunny (my roommates dad). His daughter is dating a local ROTC guy who seems like a nice enough guy, but when we were doing close range work with our carbines/lights (like <10ft) he chimes in:
"why are we using rifles at close quarters ranges?"
me: "because they're better?" (then the handguns we'd been shooting earlier)
"meh..(wait for it) I'd just use my sawn-off shotgun."

I disengaged myself before I had to ask whether it was actually sawn-off or just shorter then a hunting gun, and before he could say it was loaded with bird-shot, at which point I would have to have punched a baby.
he later went on to say (when I was extolling the virtues of weapon-mounted lights) that he would be fine shooting someone in his apartment without being able to see them.

bbbrrrr....
share your tobacco and your kindling, but never your sauna or your woman.

AK, Glock, Pie.

techmonkey
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of the Dead

Post by techmonkey » Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:07 pm

mzmadmike wrote:
Doc Torr wrote: "No, you aren't supposed to use the slide release on a pistol. I learned that at the Glock armory school. It's just to stop the slide, you're supposed to rack it back and release it after you reload instead of hitting the slide release."
There are apparently a large number of people who believe that. I'd never heard it until recently. There was some logical justification, but it wasn't THAT logical, IMO, so I just shrugged and continue to use the slide release.

http://www.captainscomments.com/comment/589" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sorry to get in late on this comment, but my dad got grumpy at me for letting the slide slam forward after releasing the catch on his Browning Hi-Power while it was empty. He told me that it slams forward a little too hard without a round in it and could put too much unnecessary wear on it. He also said he doesn't like too release just using the slide catch as he is afraid it will round over and eventually not catch.

squinty
Favorite Zombie Movies: night of the living dead, shaun of the dead, pre-opening credit scenes from 28 weeks later and dawn of the dead remake

Post by squinty » Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:42 pm

techmonkey wrote:
mzmadmike wrote:
Doc Torr wrote: "No, you aren't supposed to use the slide release on a pistol. I learned that at the Glock armory school. It's just to stop the slide, you're supposed to rack it back and release it after you reload instead of hitting the slide release."
There are apparently a large number of people who believe that. I'd never heard it until recently. There was some logical justification, but it wasn't THAT logical, IMO, so I just shrugged and continue to use the slide release.

http://www.captainscomments.com/comment/589" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sorry to get in late on this comment, but my dad got grumpy at me for letting the slide slam forward after releasing the catch on his Browning Hi-Power while it was empty. He told me that it slams forward a little too hard without a round in it and could put too much unnecessary wear on it. He also said he doesn't like too release just using the slide catch as he is afraid it will round over and eventually not catch.
I prefer to "slingshot" the slide myself, though it has the disadvantage of requiring two hands instead of one. I don't think there's a problem either way. I have seen people try to close the slide with an empty magazine in the gun, by forcing the slide release down, and that's something I'd never do. With most pistols, the slide isn't supposed to close on an empty mag.
George Orwell wrote:Power is not a means; it is an end. One does not establish a dictatorship in order to safeguard a revolution; one makes the revolution in order to establish the dictatorship. The object of persecution is persecution. The object of torture is torture. The object of power is power.

ultra magnus

Post by ultra magnus » Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:10 pm

squinty wrote:
techmonkey wrote:
mzmadmike wrote:

I prefer to "slingshot" the slide myself, though it has the disadvantage of requiring two hands instead of one. I don't think there's a problem either way. I have seen people try to close the slide with an empty magazine in the gun, by forcing the slide release down, and that's something I'd never do. With most pistols, the slide isn't supposed to close on an empty mag.

I wouldn't regularly drop a slide on an unloaded pistol but I have my doubts it would really do any damage unless done extremely excessively. I don't think using a release would round it out unless you where going through and insane amount of ammo, at which point you could buy another one.

jamoni
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by jamoni » Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:28 pm

techmonkey wrote:
mzmadmike wrote:

I guess the bolt face hitting the unsupported chamber could peen it over eventually?
JoergS wrote:Realistically, I think I can launch a nine pound chain saw at 50 fps from a shoulder mounted rubber powered bazooka...
squinty wrote:I reserve the right to yell "Dookyhole!" - or it's Hebrew equivalent if such a thing exists - whilst dispensing a barrage of palm strikes at my opponent.

mobilesuithomer

Post by mobilesuithomer » Sun Jan 29, 2012 4:04 pm

From the article itself:
Since the federal law banning assault weapons expired in 2004
The Belgian-made FN Herstal Five-SeveN: Some versions of this pistol hold 10 rounds; others have a 20-round capacity. It fires 5.7X28mm cartridges, referred to as "mata policias" (cop killers) in Mexico because they can penetrate bulletproof vests.
FN Herstal PS90 rifle: It also fires the 5.7X28mm round. Its compactness makes it easy to conceal and some versions can hold a 30-round magazine, made of lightweight polymer.
There's probably more, but I'm too scared to look.

raxar

Post by raxar » Sun Jan 29, 2012 4:29 pm

jamoni wrote: I guess the bolt face hitting the unsupported chamber could peen it over eventually?
From what I've heard the issue is the extractor hitting the chamber without a round to cushion it. I don't believe it's a problem (how many times do you think the average pistol has been screwed with in the gunshop before you've gotten your hands on it?) I suppose if you had a really tight tolerance pistol it could happen, but it's not something to worry about.

Think of it like this, the service life of a pistol is what, over 10,000 shots? I'm sure if the extractor can handle that it can handle the slide slamming home a few hundred times.
...although my tactical get up is a tarzan loin cloth and giant lolly pop
Cobray's website wrote:Remember The bitterness of poor quality lingers long after the sweetness of a cheap price is forgotten.
Cobray firearms, your #1 source for irony.

jhessieboy

Post by jhessieboy » Sun Jan 29, 2012 4:37 pm

from some guy in the office.
***takes out his digi cam and shows me a pic of pistol***
some guy: duuuuuude, do you wanna buy my uncle's gun? my uncle's a cop and he's selling his TARGUS 38 super (TARGUS? it that a laptop bag???) he's selling it because the police force (im from the philippines) has now banned the use of 38 super since it almost certainly kills everything it hits! (OMFG!!!)
me: really??? ***handed him back his digicam and just continued to work***

techmonkey

Post by techmonkey » Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:11 am

raxar wrote:
jamoni wrote: I guess the bolt face hitting the unsupported chamber could peen it over eventually?
From what I've heard the issue is the extractor hitting the chamber without a round to cushion it. I don't believe it's a problem (how many times do you think the average pistol has been screwed with in the gunshop before you've gotten your hands on it?) I suppose if you had a really tight tolerance pistol it could happen, but it's not something to worry about.

Think of it like this, the service life of a pistol is what, over 10,000 shots? I'm sure if the extractor can handle that it can handle the slide slamming home a few hundred times.
It was a brand new pistol. My uncle gave dad one of his. He bought 4 and never shot them. Dad said that he is going to see if he can get me one too :) My uncle is kind of a pack rat, except everything he hoards is brand new.

I can see how the pistol could be designed with having a round in the loop as a necessary mechanical resistance.

OT: "We never put Loctite on the screws before..." Concerning an electrical power supply that is mounted over the moving bits of an aircraft cannon.

WY_Not

Post by WY_Not » Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:38 am

I can see that. I worked guidance and control on B-52s when I was in the AF. Most connectors and bolts were safety wired. :mrgreen: Only a few rare connections or bolts were loctited.
techmonkey wrote:OT: "We never put Loctite on the screws before..." Concerning an electrical power supply that is mounted over the moving bits of an aircraft cannon.

techmonkey

Post by techmonkey » Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:59 pm

Yeah, too bad it was called out in the work instructions.

MaconCJ7
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Post by MaconCJ7 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:50 am

techmonkey wrote:Yeah, too bad it was called out in the work instructions.

My daddy says T.O.s are for pussies.

Mission_Survivor
Favorite Zombie Movies: NoLD ('68 & '90 remake) DotD (remake) Walking Dead (series AMC)

Post by Mission_Survivor » Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:32 am

Back when i was in high school, one friend had a .22 and fired a few rounds in the back yard. Another friend came outside and saw him with the gun and asked what kind of gun was that. He replied it was a .22, to which the other guy said "I don't know much about guns, what kind of bullets does it use?" My friend answered, "It uses fucking scud missiles!"

MrM4Guy
Favorite Zombie Movies: Zombie Land

Post by MrM4Guy » Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:39 am

" If you just outlaw guns, America would be much safer....."
MORS CERTA VITA INCERTA
" Two means one, and one means none, so always have three..."

jamoni
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by jamoni » Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:40 am

MaconCJ7 wrote:
techmonkey wrote:Yeah, too bad it was called out in the work instructions.

My daddy says T.O.s are for pussies.
:lol:
Heard another variation of the "Rack the slide=bad guy pooping himself" the other day. Apparently the sound of an AK being charged is so distinctive that burglars will dive out your windows to escape it. :roll:
JoergS wrote:Realistically, I think I can launch a nine pound chain saw at 50 fps from a shoulder mounted rubber powered bazooka...
squinty wrote:I reserve the right to yell "Dookyhole!" - or it's Hebrew equivalent if such a thing exists - whilst dispensing a barrage of palm strikes at my opponent.

Dogan
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Dogan » Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:02 pm

"On the Sig P210, the slide merely acts as a charging handle. It doesn't actually reciprocate when you fire a shot. Instead, the barrel assembly moves back within the slide to eject the spent casing and pickup the fresh one."
Me:"Then why does the slide lock back on an empty mag?"
"There's a lever that, when there is no round, does not engage, and the barrel continues back until it slams into the slide."
Me:"Then how does slide bite occur?"
"I've never heard of someone getting slide bit with a P210"

Scary thing is, it's said in a way that was almost believable.
goofygurl wrote:Dogan – In charge of all things fucked up
Are you ready to die, John Walker?| CLAPTRAP!
Your lucky number has been disconnected.|ASCII biohazard symbol: ☣
Winner of the May/June 2013 ZS Postal Match

thesupremeking

Post by thesupremeking » Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:29 pm

That 22LR is the best most lethal round for reasons X, Y, Z.

It never goes away!

kbilly84

Post by kbilly84 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:30 pm

jamoni wrote:Apparently the sound of an AK being charged is so distinctive that burglars will dive out your windows to escape it. :roll:
Funny you mention that. Not too long ago, I was told that, almost verbatim. Then, they followed up with "and because the M16 is a cheap piece of Mattell plastic, its sound will make you a bigger target" :roll:

I'm still not sure how I kept myself from punching him in the face :lol:

Return to “General Firearms Discussion”