Top Shot Reloaded

General discussions regarding topics that aren't covered in one of the other sub-forums. NO DISCUSSION OF POLITICS!

Moderators: ZS Global Moderators, ZS Postal Match Officers

User avatar
Invis
* *
Posts: 289
Joined: Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:56 pm
Favorite Zombie Movies: Zombieland
Location: Bourbonnais,IL
Contact:

Re: Top Shot Reloaded

Post by Invis » Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:24 pm

Joe is a local guy from my home town. He's back and hanging out at the local bar. He is under a million dollar penalty if he admits who won. Several contracts with the shows law office enforce the penalty.
I don't know him as a friend but he seems to be a quiet level headed guy. He is one of the areas better bow hunters. I'm pulling for the local guy!
Last edited by Invis on Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.
Robert A. Heinlein

User avatar
TDW586
* * * * *
Posts: 8844
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2005 8:03 pm
Location: Here, unless I'm not, in which case, somewhere else

Re: Top Shot Reloaded

Post by TDW586 » Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:01 pm

Finally watched the .22 episode. Fuck. This. Show. WTF happened to Daryl with that 10/22? He was dead-on on much smaller targets in the team challenge, and just choked (I guess) on the plates. Fuckin' A.
Image

User avatar
Dave_M
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator
Posts: 15976
Joined: Wed Mar 15, 2006 2:30 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: Top Shot Reloaded

Post by Dave_M » Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:06 pm

TDW586 wrote:Finally watched the .22 episode. Fuck. This. Show. WTF happened to Daryl with that 10/22? He was dead-on on much smaller targets in the team challenge, and just choked (I guess) on the plates. Fuckin' A.
My guess is just added stress. Weird shit happens.
Image
Dave Merrill
Instructor for MilCopp Tactical LLC.

Rifle first. Rifle last. Rifle always.
Civilian Scout wrote:No one buys a Taurus because it's the best option available.

User avatar
TDW586
* * * * *
Posts: 8844
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2005 8:03 pm
Location: Here, unless I'm not, in which case, somewhere else

Re: Top Shot Reloaded

Post by TDW586 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:00 am

Dave_M wrote:
TDW586 wrote:Finally watched the .22 episode. Fuck. This. Show. WTF happened to Daryl with that 10/22? He was dead-on on much smaller targets in the team challenge, and just choked (I guess) on the plates. Fuckin' A.
My guess is just added stress. Weird shit happens.

That's the only answer I can think of either. Now, there are I guess two people left I have any interest in not seeing eliminated. Zims and Ashley.
Image

User avatar
D-Train
* * * * *
Posts: 1378
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:36 pm
Location: Birmingham, AL

Re: Top Shot Reloaded

Post by D-Train » Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:41 pm

I really don't care who wins (though I'm rooting for Ashley), I just don't want Jay to win.
"I wish for zombies everyday just so I don't have to go to work."
Finch

User avatar
abigger
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:50 pm
Favorite Zombie Movies: Resident Evil, 28 Days Later, Zombieland

Re: Top Shot Reloaded

Post by abigger » Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:59 am

Yeah, fuck that guy.

funky3450
* *
Posts: 130
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:58 pm
Location: THE FLAT LANDS

Re: Top Shot Reloaded

Post by funky3450 » Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:12 pm

i don't think jay will win. but like kelly from last season, he's will make a hell of a run at it. i think chris is the one that is well rounded enough to take it...him or the old sargant. i am less than impressed with ashley.

User avatar
dukman
* * * * *
Posts: 3374
Joined: Sat May 30, 2009 7:50 pm
Favorite Zombie Movies: All of them!
Location: Pacific Northwest

Re: Top Shot Reloaded

Post by dukman » Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:05 pm

Hey now! At least Kelly had SOME skill! Jay just has dumb-ass luck! If the competition had been spinning targets he would have gone home. As a recreational shooter only myself, I really have no respect for Jay. He didn't even TRY some of the advice offered to him. Eventually his luck is going to run out... too bad it wasn't before he got $2,000 for bass pro shop :evil:
M-O-O-N, that spells survival, law's yes!
Duk's Bags: GLOF GHB ONB EDC
It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything ~Tyler Durden

User avatar
Laconic 24
* *
Posts: 234
Joined: Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:36 am
Favorite Zombie Movies: Zombieland, Shaun of the Dead.
Location: AZ

Re: Top Shot Reloaded

Post by Laconic 24 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:46 pm

Last few episodes I've actually been rooting for Jay. I was getting a kick out of the fact that a few elitist pricks were making a big deal of him not being military, but he kept winning, fucked up stances and all.

At this point, I don't care who wins, as long as it's not the douchenozzle "sniper" guy.

User avatar
MikeCharlieUniform
* * *
Posts: 419
Joined: Sat May 26, 2007 11:09 am

Re: Top Shot Reloaded

Post by MikeCharlieUniform » Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:41 am

dukman wrote:Hey now! At least Kelly had SOME skill! Jay just has dumb-ass luck!
Disagree; Jay has quite a bit skill. He's just incredibly resistant to instruction. I sure as shit can't call shots like he can. And some of his resistance to instruction could be over-emphasized in the editing room - after all, I can understand being reluctant to change your fundamentals immediately before a challenge where failure to perform means elimination. That said, it did seem like he was always pulling a miracle out of his ass... which is probably attributable to editing.

Ashley is my favorite remaining contestant. Not sure if it's his demeanor, bad-ass beard, or killer ink. :) I actually wish I could find some clear photos of his tattoos to see if I get any ideas for what I might want to get in the future.

George is a d-bag, but you have to give him props for nailing his 1000-yard shot with the M82 on his first trigger pull. In my mind, he should have won the challenge, because the rules should have been fewest shots, tiebreaker fastest time.

Underlining the unreliability of the "reality" format is the fact that while it was pretty obvious that Jay was being gunned for, I was surprised at the seeming animosity towards the Navy swimmer, Jamie, in the most recent ep. Although, looking at the Wiki page, I see that EVERY time his team lost a challenge, he was nominated for elimination, so...

User avatar
gelgoog
* * * * *
Posts: 5621
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:58 am
Location: Banned from the interwebs

Re: Top Shot Reloaded

Post by gelgoog » Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:50 pm

MikeCharlieUniform wrote:
dukman wrote:Hey now! At least Kelly had SOME skill! Jay just has dumb-ass luck!
Disagree; Jay has quite a bit skill. He's just incredibly resistant to instruction. I sure as shit can't call shots like he can. And some of his resistance to instruction could be over-emphasized in the editing room - after all, I can understand being reluctant to change your fundamentals immediately before a challenge where failure to perform means elimination. That said, it did seem like he was always pulling a miracle out of his ass... which is probably attributable to editing.

Ashley is my favorite remaining contestant. Not sure if it's his demeanor, bad-ass beard, or killer ink. :) I actually wish I could find some clear photos of his tattoos to see if I get any ideas for what I might want to get in the future.

George is a d-bag, but you have to give him props for nailing his 1000-yard shot with the M82 on his first trigger pull. In my mind, he should have won the challenge, because the rules should have been fewest shots, tiebreaker fastest time.

Underlining the unreliability of the "reality" format is the fact that while it was pretty obvious that Jay was being gunned for, I was surprised at the seeming animosity towards the Navy swimmer, Jamie, in the most recent ep. Although, looking at the Wiki page, I see that EVERY time his team lost a challenge, he was nominated for elimination, so...
George and most of his team are filled with D-bags. The fact that they talk about voting for whoever preformed the worst throughout the show and then they vote for Jaime and Jay even though the one guy never even hit the target (yet he was their friend). Bunch of elitist pricks. I think they bring shame upon the military with how they are behaving in this show.

User avatar
dukman
* * * * *
Posts: 3374
Joined: Sat May 30, 2009 7:50 pm
Favorite Zombie Movies: All of them!
Location: Pacific Northwest

Re: Top Shot Reloaded

Post by dukman » Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:10 pm

I feel sorry for that guy... not only did he miss his shots with the 50 Cal - he got screwed out of a $2,000 gift card because they didn't want to put him up! :roll:
M-O-O-N, that spells survival, law's yes!
Duk's Bags: GLOF GHB ONB EDC
It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything ~Tyler Durden

User avatar
Dave_M
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator
Posts: 15976
Joined: Wed Mar 15, 2006 2:30 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: Top Shot Reloaded

Post by Dave_M » Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:19 pm

dukman wrote:Hey now! At least Kelly had SOME skill! Jay just has dumb-ass luck! If the competition had been spinning targets he would have gone home. As a recreational shooter only myself, I really have no respect for Jay. He didn't even TRY some of the advice offered to him. Eventually his luck is going to run out... too bad it wasn't before he got $2,000 for bass pro shop :evil:
Here's an interview with Jay
http://www.blogtalkradio.com/gunnuts" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

You might find that what they show on Television and what actually happened were two totally different things. The last 10 minutes or so covers it well.

Also, Jay already racked up $4k in gift certificates before that challenge. $2k for beating Jermaine and another $2k for beating Daryl.
Image
Dave Merrill
Instructor for MilCopp Tactical LLC.

Rifle first. Rifle last. Rifle always.
Civilian Scout wrote:No one buys a Taurus because it's the best option available.

KS Trekker
* *
Posts: 166
Joined: Sun May 16, 2010 12:24 am
Favorite Zombie Movies: Zombieland, I Am Legend, Army of Darkness, The Crazies, Dusk 'til Dawn (yeah, it's a Vampire flick but does it matter whether they suck your blood or eat your flesh?), The Stand.
Location: Kansas

Re: Top Shot Reloaded

Post by KS Trekker » Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:49 pm

Laconic 24 wrote:Last few episodes I've actually been rooting for Jay. I was getting a kick out of the fact that a few elitist pricks were making a big deal of him not being military, but he kept winning, fucked up stances and all.

At this point, I don't care who wins, as long as it's not the douchenozzle "sniper" guy.
Same here - George is such a douchebag!
Image

User avatar
Dave_M
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator
Posts: 15976
Joined: Wed Mar 15, 2006 2:30 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: Top Shot Reloaded

Post by Dave_M » Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:51 pm

Laconic 24 wrote:At this point, I don't care who wins, as long as it's not the douchenozzle "sniper" guy.
There is no need to put the word, 'sniper' in quotations--Just because you don't like the guy doesn't mean that he didn't earn and deserve that title.
Image
Dave Merrill
Instructor for MilCopp Tactical LLC.

Rifle first. Rifle last. Rifle always.
Civilian Scout wrote:No one buys a Taurus because it's the best option available.

User avatar
tjsjr
* * *
Posts: 333
Joined: Tue May 19, 2009 11:41 am
Favorite Zombie Movies: Resident Evil series, Dawn of the Dead (new edition, i know its corney)
Location: Mid Missouri

Re: Top Shot Reloaded

Post by tjsjr » Sat Apr 09, 2011 1:21 am

Can't seem to find the "subscribe" button.

It might have been talked about already, but anybody think Colby needs to be kicked in the nuts for trying to talk like a "tuff" guy all the time?

User avatar
TDW586
* * * * *
Posts: 8844
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2005 8:03 pm
Location: Here, unless I'm not, in which case, somewhere else

Re: Top Shot Reloaded

Post by TDW586 » Sat Apr 09, 2011 1:27 am

Dave_M wrote:
Laconic 24 wrote:At this point, I don't care who wins, as long as it's not the douchenozzle "sniper" guy.
There is no need to put the word, 'sniper' in quotations--Just because you don't like the guy doesn't mean that he didn't earn and deserve that title.

You know, especially after seeing him nail the 1000 yard shot cold with the Barret, I'm forced to agree. The guy is personally annoying (although that could be due to editing...I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and assume he said "metallic death stick" ironically or something) but, it looks like he does have the skill to back what he says up.

Now, back to the last episode...the conspiracies and drama are part of it, but IMO, the two weakest overall shooters did indeed to go the elimination. Jay managed to pull some wins out, but he is also, for example, pretty much the sole reason that the blue team even faced elimination in the .22 episode, with his Olympic stance and slow fire in a timed event.
Image

User avatar
Dave_M
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator
Posts: 15976
Joined: Wed Mar 15, 2006 2:30 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: Top Shot Reloaded

Post by Dave_M » Sat Apr 09, 2011 2:20 am

TDW586 wrote:Now, back to the last episode...the conspiracies and drama are part of it, but IMO, the two weakest overall shooters did indeed to go the elimination. Jay managed to pull some wins out, but he is also, for example, pretty much the sole reason that the blue team even faced elimination in the .22 episode, with his Olympic stance and slow fire in a timed event.
If the show were run more like, 'Top Chef' I think it would be much better. As in, it doesn't matter how one cooked last week or two weeks ago; the only thing that matters is how one cooked that week.
Image
Dave Merrill
Instructor for MilCopp Tactical LLC.

Rifle first. Rifle last. Rifle always.
Civilian Scout wrote:No one buys a Taurus because it's the best option available.

User avatar
TDW586
* * * * *
Posts: 8844
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2005 8:03 pm
Location: Here, unless I'm not, in which case, somewhere else

Re: Top Shot Reloaded

Post by TDW586 » Sat Apr 09, 2011 2:30 am

Dave_M wrote:If the show were run more like, 'Top Chef' I think it would be much better. As in, it doesn't matter how one cooked last week or two weeks ago; the only thing that matters is how one cooked that week.
As much as I don't think he deserved to continue as far as he did, Jay made some good points in that interview. There are pretty much no objective standards for who goes to elimination; the current format of the show does kind of lend itself to a "Survivor" style popularity contest.
Image

daviddulee
* *
Posts: 159
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2007 3:32 pm
Location: STL

Re: Top Shot Reloaded

Post by daviddulee » Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:47 pm

Dave_M wrote:
Laconic 24 wrote:At this point, I don't care who wins, as long as it's not the douchenozzle "sniper" guy.
There is no need to put the word, 'sniper' in quotations--Just because you don't like the guy doesn't mean that he didn't earn and deserve that title.
Indeed.

Other titles he has earned would include: fool, imbecile, jackass, jerk, douche, boor, buffoon, lout, oaf, and dickweed.

That is by no means an all encompassing list of his titles, just the ones that stand out to me.

User avatar
Dave_M
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator
Posts: 15976
Joined: Wed Mar 15, 2006 2:30 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: Top Shot Reloaded

Post by Dave_M » Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:38 am

daviddulee wrote:
Dave_M wrote:
Laconic 24 wrote:At this point, I don't care who wins, as long as it's not the douchenozzle "sniper" guy.
There is no need to put the word, 'sniper' in quotations--Just because you don't like the guy doesn't mean that he didn't earn and deserve that title.
Indeed.

Other titles he has earned would include: fool, imbecile, jackass, jerk, douche, boor, buffoon, lout, oaf, and dickweed.

That is by no means an all encompassing list of his titles, just the ones that stand out to me.
Oh I agree with some of those :lol:

I was just saying that we shouldn't belittle his service record because of his personality.
Image
Dave Merrill
Instructor for MilCopp Tactical LLC.

Rifle first. Rifle last. Rifle always.
Civilian Scout wrote:No one buys a Taurus because it's the best option available.

User avatar
TDW586
* * * * *
Posts: 8844
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2005 8:03 pm
Location: Here, unless I'm not, in which case, somewhere else

Re: Top Shot Reloaded

Post by TDW586 » Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:41 am

Dave_M wrote:
Oh I agree with some of those :lol:

I was just saying that we shouldn't belittle his service record because of his personality.

It's completely unnecessary. With a personality like that, you've got plenty to work with other than his service record.
Image

User avatar
Gramaton Cleric
ZS Member
ZS Member
Posts: 119
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 7:07 pm
Favorite Zombie Movies: dawn of the dead
quarantine
diary of the dead
Location: Independence, MO

Re: Top Shot Reloaded

Post by Gramaton Cleric » Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:28 am

I hope brain wins 8)
NRA LIFE, NRA Pistol Instructor.
Aim small, Miss small.
Prior Planning Prevents **** Poor Performance.

ZSC:034 Kansas City
Fightin' 34th "Guardians of the Frontier!"

User avatar
Bama67
*
Posts: 78
Joined: Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:29 am
Location: Enterprise AL

Re: Top Shot Reloaded

Post by Bama67 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:48 am

WTF happened to Ashley? I was pulling for him hard because he seemed like a good, genuine, bad ass guy. But on the last episode his complete lack of respect for Jamie and his demeanor really pissed me off. Fuck that guy, glad he is gone. I thought he was really good, but thinking back on it, he has only been mediocre the entire show. Then a construction worker beat the shit out of him in the elimination challenge, BADLY.

I can't figure out why everyone hates Jamie, he seems like a chill dude and never has a bad word to say about anyone. I hate the AF sniper guy. And had lost a little respect for the hunter dude, but he got a little of it back after the last episode. I also like Joe. Brian is okay, I just hope that AF fucker doesn't win, to me, he also has been mediocre the whole show.

I also want to say that most of these "challenges" are a joke. I do harder shit in my backyard.
South Alabama; if the zombies don't get you, the humidity will.

Post Reply

Return to “General Firearms Discussion”