New show on history "Top Shot"

General discussions regarding topics that aren't covered in one of the other sub-forums. NO DISCUSSION OF POLITICS!

Moderators: ZS Global Moderators, ZS Postal Match Officers

Haji
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of the Dead, Resident Evil 1,2, and 3, and the Samuel scene from Diary of the Dead. I'm working my way through the worst of them of late, too.

Re: New show on history "Top Shot"

Post by Haji » Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:02 am

I didn't care too much. The whole concept of throwing knives and slingshots in a show called Top Shot is ridiculous.

If they're gonna have the format that they appear to, Kelly's days are numbered. He flat sucks with a pistol. I don't think his advantage in rifles is going to be enough to overcome those three or four guys that are excellent with pistols and good to really good with rifles. It might really work out that they find the best overall shot left.
I don't carry a gun in case I get in a gun fight. I carry a gun because I don't want to miss the opportunity to get in a gun fight. - Officer Timmy

http://www.atstacticalgear.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Doctor Jest
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by Doctor Jest » Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:51 am

Yeah, I saw Peter in the preview for next week before the match between he and Denny was over. Bad form.

Though I was happy Peter won. Denny basically lost the last three team challenges for the red team. If he had won over Peter I would have been ticked - I'm pulling for Peter, zombie apocalypse prepper that he is, to win.

Two episodes left. I'm wondering what they'll be like - will they eliminate all but the last two next week?
I survived ZombieCon 2007, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 and 16!!!
Towanda wrote:When I become Empress of the Universe, ticks are the first (and so far only) species slated for complete genocide.

muscleman_coffeemesto
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by muscleman_coffeemesto » Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:59 am

I hope Kelly lasts long enough to knock Denny out of his spot. The Red team isn't a team at all.
I like the way the Blue team makes fun of Denny too. That guy SHOULD call himself out for elimination challenge if he's screwed the pooch for the team multiple times.
With that said though, I wish Kelly would stop moping around.
I don't believe in karma.
Karma is just justice without satisfaction,
And I don't believe in justice.

Doctor Jest
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by Doctor Jest » Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:16 am

Well, you kinda got your wish. As of last night, Denny is gone, though it was Peter who beat him in the elimination challenge.
Towanda wrote:When I become Empress of the Universe, ticks are the first (and so far only) species slated for complete genocide.

Paladin1

Post by Paladin1 » Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:45 pm

Adam is a dick, that is all.
WWSD?

ThePhantom86
Favorite Zombie Movies: Resident Evil, 28 Days/Weeks, Dawn of the Dead (2004)

Post by ThePhantom86 » Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:09 am

Nice job by Peter. He is my sleeper since there are still some fine shooters left and only 2 episodes to go.

thorian

Post by thorian » Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:49 pm

Paladin1 wrote:Adam is a dick, that is all.
+one
VOL FF 1 & 2, EMT-B, Hazmat Ops, Vehicle Extrication Technician, High angle rescue technician, and that is just the hobby...

Infinity

Post by Infinity » Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:36 pm

Keep your eyes on Blake and JJ for the next episode. It looked like a speed shoot with pistols. If this is the case, these guys will dominate. Hard.

crashin

Post by crashin » Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:13 pm

Paladin1 wrote:Adam is a dick, that is all.
I'm a former Marine so I wanted to like Adam and the other Marine Corps veterans on the show, but I agree with your assessment.

Kabong30
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead '78, 28 Days Later (not strictly zombie?) WWZ when it comes out :)

Post by Kabong30 » Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:08 pm

Was watching the most recent episode and while I'm not a huge fan of the show it was interesting. They got to the part where Denny and the other guy (Pete?) were about to shoot slingshots at the glass for the elimination thing and they cut to commercial. Then during the break they show an ad for the next episode where it clearly shows Denny gone!?!?!?!? It pissed me off pretty bad and I wound up turning it off. I guess all I really need to watch of this show are the ads.
"1911 mag, twinkie, twinkie, cupcake, primary weapon mag" - Chris Costa
Sig_Ocelot wrote:Nintendo drops the ball!!!! They don't make hybrid cars, what's up with that? I can't ride my Wii to work, this is bullshit. :evil:

crashin

Post by crashin » Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:24 pm

Kabong30 wrote:Was watching the most recent episode and while I'm not a huge fan of the show it was interesting. They got to the part where Denny and the other guy (Pete?) were about to shoot slingshots at the glass for the elimination thing and they cut to commercial. Then during the break they show an ad for the next episode where it clearly shows Denny gone!?!?!?!? It pissed me off pretty bad and I wound up turning it off. I guess all I really need to watch of this show are the ads.

What are commercials? I either DVR or watch online. I don't slow down for the commercials.

flyingjibus
Favorite Zombie Movies: Titanic

Post by flyingjibus » Thu Aug 05, 2010 3:19 pm

I am watching next sunday's show with Iain. I will let you know what his behind the scenes comments are.

crashin

Post by crashin » Thu Aug 05, 2010 3:52 pm

flyingjibus wrote:I am watching next sunday's show with Iain. I will let you know what his behind the scenes comments are.

That's awesome!!!

Doctor Jest
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by Doctor Jest » Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:54 pm

That IS awesome. I'll be very interested in his comments.

flyingjibus
Favorite Zombie Movies: Titanic

Post by flyingjibus » Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:10 pm

So far most of what he has had to say involves funny shit they have been doing in the house during down time, and general comments about the other cast members.

He is bound by a Non Disclosure agreement he takes very seriously (maybe he won and they wont give him the money if he lets info slip??)

Anyway, I will give a recap. The way he keeps talking about it I really think he may have won.

olbaid_dratsab

Post by olbaid_dratsab » Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:59 pm

flyingjibus wrote:So far most of what he has had to say involves funny shit they have been doing in the house during down time, and general comments about the other cast members.

He is bound by a Non Disclosure agreement he takes very seriously (maybe he won and they wont give him the money if he lets info slip??)

Anyway, I will give a recap. The way he keeps talking about it I really think he may have won.
^dude, I'm gonna take that with, not even, a grain of salt. But keep that shit to yo'self.
Hellow fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you. Thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What?. Taxes. They'll be lower son. The Democratic vote for me is right thing to do, Philadeplhia. So do.

Dexion1619

Post by Dexion1619 » Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:47 pm

Watching the new episode now... I think kelly screwed himself by loading too many rounds into the pistol.
Dude, is that a turkey or a dinosaur?!?!

NoMercy
Favorite Zombie Movies: Zombieland, Shaun of the Dead

Post by NoMercy » Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:59 pm

Good bye Adam and Kelly... :P

Sicone
ZS Donor
ZS Donor
Favorite Zombie Movies: Tokyo Zombie, Shaun Of the Dead

Post by Sicone » Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:00 pm

Crap Kelly was my favorite to win. Bah go Pete

Dexion1619

Post by Dexion1619 » Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:03 pm

Same here... My wife just came down-stairs with a frowny face when she found out :cry: I liked the last challange, but the range for the rifle shots seemed kinda short.

Doctor Jest
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by Doctor Jest » Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:09 pm

I have really enjoyed watching this with my 17-year old daughter...we were really on the edge of our seats with tonight's episode. I was disappointed that Kelly got sent home, but glad to see Adam go. We have been rooting for Peter (he's from PA, too, and seems very down-to-earth) so we're happy that he made it to the final episode. So, it's down to Peter, Iain, JJ, and Chris... That challenge with the burning fuse was tough. I would have liked to see them end it a different way than just a single shot on a conventional target.

Dexion1619

Post by Dexion1619 » Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:11 pm

I have a feeling that the challange was harder then even the producers expected and the single round shoot off was one of those "What now George?" moments.

Doctor Jest
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by Doctor Jest » Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:15 pm

Agreed. I doubt they expected that 5 of the 7 guys would miss completely the first time.

Can't wait for the final episode. I don''t watch much TV - the last show I watched consistently was "Firefly." I really have enjoyed this, though, despite the reality-show drama bs.

BigRix

Post by BigRix » Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:26 pm

Doctor Jest wrote:Can't wait for the final episode. I don''t watch much TV - the last show I watched consistently was "Firefly." I really have enjoyed this, though, despite the reality-show drama bs.
Good lord that means it will get canceled after one season.

Oh, wait its not on Fox.

Whew, that was a close one.
Rick

I fear that until a select few can profit from not treading on me, nothing will change.

Return to “General Firearms Discussion”