cx4 storm

General discussions regarding topics that aren't covered in one of the other sub-forums. NO DISCUSSION OF POLITICS!

Moderators: ZS Global Moderators, ZS Postal Match Officers

lifeform69
Favorite Zombie Movies: Sean of the dead, 28 days later, Layer Cake, Rocknrolla Snatch, Night at the Roxbury, Caddyshack, Tomb Raider, Raiders of the lost ark, Tombstone, ect

cx4 storm

Post by lifeform69 » Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:06 pm

I was wondering if anyone here on ZS has a Cx4 Storm Carbine? I was wondering what ZS members think of them as a shtf gun. They are lightweight and easy to keep running from what I hear. Also how does a 115g 9mm fired out of a carbine compare to a 55-75g 223 as far as power at 100 yards or less. Any info/opinions would be helpful.
To be a nobody but yourself, in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody-else, means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.

E.E. Cummings

yossarian
Favorite Zombie Movies: Army of Darkness, Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead(remake)

Re: cx4 storm

Post by yossarian » Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:15 pm

I had one but it got terrible gas mileage :wink: I think you may have misplaced the this thread.

Seriously though, I got into it for ridiculously cheap and i intended for it to be a wifle. Turns out she preferred an AR ,so I sold it and started another build. It was a fun gun but the problem with pistol caliber carbines is that they shoot pistol calibers. It didn't do anything that the AR doesn't do better.
" So, brave knights,
if you do doubt your courage or your strength, come no further,
for death awaits you all with nasty, big, pointy teeth."

DaveJohns
Favorite Zombie Movies: C-SPAN!

Post by DaveJohns » Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:27 pm

What yossarian said. I had one in .45, it was fun to shoot. Not too practical, no hicap mags, etc etc. I sold it eventually. But great fun to shoot!
"It could be that the purpose of my life is simply to serve as a warning to others"

KJ4MVP

My FAK
My BoB
My stuff for sale!

I survived LA Camp and Shoot 09

psychomajortom
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of The Dead
Day of the Dead

Post by psychomajortom » Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:29 pm

you'll need to add in a better sound system, but it's solid. :wink:

Seriously, it's good for what it is. You're making the round do something it wasn't designed for, but in 9mm and .45 that is a good thing.
ozwyn wrote:"God does not punish us, he gives us challenges and opportunities to kick ass. If God is angry, it is because we are pissing and moaning and whining and not kicking ass. Go forth, and kick the shit out of the zombies, amen."
DavePAL84 wrote: I'm a floral dress wearing, mojito drinking kinda gal.

lifeform69
Favorite Zombie Movies: Sean of the dead, 28 days later, Layer Cake, Rocknrolla Snatch, Night at the Roxbury, Caddyshack, Tomb Raider, Raiders of the lost ark, Tombstone, ect

Post by lifeform69 » Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:47 pm

Thanks for the info. Sorry about asking on a transpo thread.
To be a nobody but yourself, in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody-else, means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.

E.E. Cummings

yossarian
Favorite Zombie Movies: Army of Darkness, Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead(remake)

Post by yossarian » Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:49 pm

its cool, just ask a mod to move/merge it for you.
" So, brave knights,
if you do doubt your courage or your strength, come no further,
for death awaits you all with nasty, big, pointy teeth."

PistolPete
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by PistolPete » Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:15 am

Moved from Transportation to Firearms
Steemit, where I write stuff now

Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first.
- Mark Twain

Kabong30
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead '78, 28 Days Later (not strictly zombie?) WWZ when it comes out :)

Post by Kabong30 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:41 am

THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!!!!
"1911 mag, twinkie, twinkie, cupcake, primary weapon mag" - Chris Costa
Sig_Ocelot wrote:Nintendo drops the ball!!!! They don't make hybrid cars, what's up with that? I can't ride my Wii to work, this is bullshit. :evil:

Return to “General Firearms Discussion”