Screw Dick's Sporting Goods!

General discussions regarding topics that aren't covered in one of the other sub-forums. NO DISCUSSION OF POLITICS!

Moderators: ZS Global Moderators, ZS Postal Match Officers

Space Jockey
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of the Dead
Land of the Dead
Dawn of the Dead 2004
Night of the Living Dead

Re: Screw Dick's Sporting Goods!

Post by Space Jockey » Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:11 pm

Hatch wrote:
Sig_Ocelot wrote:Thanks for understanding! That is an excellent idea. I think I will try to snaggle a copy of the green sheet. Problem is, they ask for it back... I might have to just run out the store with it.
"Let's see here, I'll just fill out this green form... ladee da... HOLY CRAP!! LOOK AT THE SIZE OF THAT COCKROACH!! Quick, it went under that cabinet, get it!"

{{{ poof }}} Ninja vanish.

:lol:

--Hatch
Were you intentionally trying to sound like Master Tatsu (Shredder's right hand man in the original TMNT movie)?
Fortis fortuna adiuvat

Gun control isn't about guns, it's about control.

Hatch
Favorite Zombie Movies: Night of the Living Dead (1968), Dawn of the Dead (1978), Dawn of the Dead (2004), Land of the Dead, Night of the Comet, Resident Evil, Shaun of the Dead

Post by Hatch » Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:19 pm

Space Jockey wrote:Were you intentionally trying to sound like Master Tatsu (Shredder's right hand man in the original TMNT movie)?
Uhhh... probably not, because I don't know wtf you're talking about. :lol:

--Hatch
3d6. That's how I roll.

Beanhead

Post by Beanhead » Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:24 pm

Hatch wrote:
Space Jockey wrote:Were you intentionally trying to sound like Master Tatsu (Shredder's right hand man in the original TMNT movie)?

--Hatch
:? -1

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles= TMNT, you have seen the movie, right?
Omnes ad unum
Cpt. MelonBuster wrote: Nothing says "GTFO of my country right now" like your buddy's head dissolving from a trigger pulled 600m away.

Sanders

Post by Sanders » Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:00 am

Man sorry about your experience with Dicks' (heh. how could they name a store that?)

Anyway, Just be happy your sporting goods stores sell weapons and ammo. The ones around here are lucky to carry airsoft guns.
DannusMaximus wrote:
bonanacrom wrote:At home I use an oil lamp.
I tried duct-taping one of these to my forehead during a big ice storm/power outage this spring. Hot. Heavy. Cumbersome. Tendency to slosh. Did I mention HOT?!?!

Hands-free LED headlamp for the win! :wink:
Certifications:
CPR and First Aid Certified Maryland DNR Boating Certificate (Get Yours!)

Hatch
Favorite Zombie Movies: Night of the Living Dead (1968), Dawn of the Dead (1978), Dawn of the Dead (2004), Land of the Dead, Night of the Comet, Resident Evil, Shaun of the Dead

Post by Hatch » Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:26 am

Beanhead wrote:
Hatch wrote:

--Hatch

Nope, sorry. Didn't know it was required viewing. :roll: I was in middle school when the comics first came out (I knew what TMNT means), but I've just never had any interest in the material.

--Hatch
3d6. That's how I roll.

Beanhead

Post by Beanhead » Sat Aug 15, 2009 2:19 pm

Hatch wrote:
Beanhead wrote:
Hatch wrote:

--Hatch

Nope, sorry. Didn't know it was required viewing. :roll: I was in middle school when the comics first came out (I knew what TMNT means), but I've just never had any interest in the material.

--Hatch
Cinematic masterpiece, really. :lol:
Omnes ad unum
Cpt. MelonBuster wrote: Nothing says "GTFO of my country right now" like your buddy's head dissolving from a trigger pulled 600m away.

panzerslayer

Post by panzerslayer » Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:44 pm

I don't know the policy nor am I about to defend it but around here there was a local sporting goods store that was ordered by the courts to have customers fill out an extra intrusive form because they sold a number of guns that ended up being used in some rather high profile shootings. They had to do this for a couple of years. To this store's credit they tried to fight the order but ended up losing. They did their time and now they are selling guns normally again with just the 4473.
[Upon being introduced to Burt's anti-tank rifle]
Earl Bassett: Man Burt, you put a whole new shine on the word 'overkill'.

Burt Gummer: When you need it, and don't have it... you sing a different tune.

-Tremors 2

SteinUlf

Post by SteinUlf » Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:27 pm

I actually had nearly the same problem purchasing a Remington 10/22 and a brick of .22LR. When I asked what the second form was for I got a BS answer about store policy. I basically wrote my name on it and lined through the questions I wasn't willing to answer (most). The clerk wasn't paying enough attention apparently and sold me the rifle, but refused to hand it to me. He walked all the way out of the store with it before handing it over on the sidewalk. I'm surprised they let me buy the gun and ammo at the same time. Last time I buy a firearm from them.
"Those who would sacrifice Liberty for Security deserve neither and often lose both." Ben Franklin

Bluito23

Post by Bluito23 » Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:37 pm

Has anyone asked a Store Manager what this form is for? Is this form required by the purchaser in all states that Dick's sells firearms in?

I am curious to find out.

Mark

Sig_Ocelot

Post by Sig_Ocelot » Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:32 pm

Bluito23 wrote:Has anyone asked a Store Manager what this form is for? Is this form required by the purchaser in all states that Dick's sells firearms in?

I am curious to find out.

Mark
Well, at least it is policy in Vermont and Kansas. BTW, I finally got a call back from a regional vice manager PR white colar fluff title asstant today. I'll keep the name anonymous, but she was very apologetic. I dunno if it's because the lady does apologies for a living, or if she really cared, but it sounded pretty sincere. No disciplinary action was dished out, and I didn't get any $10 coupon or anything like that. I asked her about the second form, and she played dumb/really didn't know anything about it.
Rush2112 wrote: Somehow I see this phrase ending a lot of sentences in the future:

"...And that's how Sig lost his [eyesight/fingers]."

ironraven

Post by ironraven » Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:03 pm

Sig_Ocelot wrote:it is policy in Vermont
It is their policy, not Vermont's.

Fuck 'em. I was looking at a Benelli Nove in 3.5" the other day, but I guess not.
"Even if it's only the handful of people I happen to meet on the street or in my home, I can still protect them with one sword."

When a man go no longer speak without malice intended lest he cause offense, that is when truth starts to die.

There are three kinds of man- Man the Toolmaker, Man the Tool User, and man the tool.

Sig_Ocelot

Post by Sig_Ocelot » Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:46 pm

ironraven wrote:
Sig_Ocelot wrote:it is policy in Vermont
It is their policy, not Vermont's.

Fuck 'em. I was looking at a Benelli Nove in 3.5" the other day, but I guess not.
Sorry, pro-noun mix up! I meant company policy, not state.
Rush2112 wrote: Somehow I see this phrase ending a lot of sentences in the future:

"...And that's how Sig lost his [eyesight/fingers]."

Return to “General Firearms Discussion”