Class 3 questions.

General discussions regarding topics that aren't covered in one of the other sub-forums. NO DISCUSSION OF POLITICS!

Moderators: ZS Global Moderators, ZS Postal Match Officers

Sheol151

Class 3 questions.

Post by Sheol151 » Tue May 19, 2009 11:14 am

I've read and read.
Please someone with experience explain to me.
I want to order a AOW from the internet. I have a Class 3 SOT in order.
But what i can't find is in regards to the $5 transfer tax. Who get it? How long do i wait for the stamp?

Is it as simple as ordering, paying my FFL for the transfer and picking it up? Or do i have to wait months and months?

Thanks guys.

Dave_M
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Re: Class 3 questions.

Post by Dave_M » Tue May 19, 2009 11:34 am

Sheol151 wrote:I've read and read.
Please someone with experience explain to me.
I want to order a AOW from the internet. I have a Class 3 SOT in order.
But what i can't find is in regards to the $5 transfer tax. Who get it? How long do i wait for the stamp?

Is it as simple as ordering, paying my FFL for the transfer and picking it up? Or do i have to wait months and months?

Thanks guys.
Your SOT has to have it in his hands. So, either the SOT orders it and you pay him, or you order it and it's sent to the SOT. Either way, the SOT has to have it before any paperwork is filled out.

Once the SOT has it in his possession, paperwork is filled out and sent to the BATFE-and-sometimes-Y along with your $5 and the waiting game begins.
Dave Merrill
Instructor for MilCopp Tactical LLC.

Rifle first. Rifle last. Rifle always.
Civilian Scout wrote:No one buys a Taurus because it's the best option available.

Trioxin
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Trioxin » Tue May 19, 2009 10:35 pm

Speaking of class 3 questions, I was wondering...If I buy a Vector UZI and want to use the receiver to build an SMG kit, what kind of legal hoops would one have to jump through?
You Are Not Free.
FYI: the 7.4 trillion dollars used to bail out Wall Street could give $23,000 to EVERY man, woman, and child in the US.
Slowly moving toward my 666th post. YEAH!!

Dave_M
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by Dave_M » Wed May 20, 2009 1:40 am

Trioxin wrote:Speaking of class 3 questions, I was wondering...If I buy a Vector UZI and want to use the receiver to build an SMG kit, what kind of legal hoops would one have to jump through?
SMG as in, a full auto gun?

You have to be an SOT otherwise you're breaking federal law.

If you could just make a full-auto gun with $200 stamp, all of my AR's would be FA.
Dave Merrill
Instructor for MilCopp Tactical LLC.

Rifle first. Rifle last. Rifle always.
Civilian Scout wrote:No one buys a Taurus because it's the best option available.

Greg Focker

Post by Greg Focker » Wed May 20, 2009 1:44 am

DavePAL84 wrote:
Trioxin wrote:Speaking of class 3 questions, I was wondering...If I buy a Vector UZI and want to use the receiver to build an SMG kit, what kind of legal hoops would one have to jump through?
SMG as in, a full auto gun?

You have to be an SOT otherwise you're breaking federal law.

If you could just make a full-auto gun with $200 stamp, all of my AR's would be FA.
Preach it mah brother! PREACH IT!

They do not preach that their God will rouse them a little before the nuts work loose,
They do not teach that His Pity allows them to drop their job when they damn-well choose.
-The Sons of Martha; R. Kipling

Trebor

Post by Trebor » Wed May 20, 2009 2:41 am

First, you need to build a time machine. Then go back before May of 1986. That's when the law changed so that no new machine guns could be built for private citizen ownership. Ever since then the only MG's that can be manufactured are those for the military, law enforcement, or "Dealer Samples" made by FFL licensed MG manufacturers to demonstrate for mil or LEO sales.

Once you get the time machine built, buy a bunch of Microsoft stock while your at it...
----
R.I.P HK33K - Gone, but not forgetten.

Necrodamus

Post by Necrodamus » Wed May 20, 2009 5:59 am

Trebor wrote:
First, you need to build a time machine. Then go back before May of 1986. That's when the law changed so that no new machine guns could be built for private citizen ownership. Ever since then the only MG's that can be manufactured are those for the military, law enforcement, or "Dealer Samples" made by FFL licensed MG manufacturers to demonstrate for mil or LEO sales.

Once you get the time machine built, buy a bunch of Microsoft stock while your at it...

Well if your taking this route dont stop in 1986, just go all the way back to before 1934. The selection wont be as great but then you could buy Thompsons rather cheap and NO TAX!

prebans
Favorite Zombie Movies: Night of the Living Dead

Post by prebans » Sat May 23, 2009 10:17 pm

Necrodamus wrote:
Trebor wrote:

Well if your taking this route dont stop in 1986, just go all the way back to before 1934. The selection wont be as great but then you could buy Thompsons rather cheap and NO TAX!
Not really... $200.00 for a "deluxe" TSMG (only $175 for a standard one) back then was 3-4 months of salary for average folk.

$200.00 would get far more in terms of Maxims, Vickers, Lewis Guns, Chau Chats, 1917s, 1919s, M2 .50s, Marlin Potato Diggers, Gatling Guns, a St. Etienne...

...plus cheap stuff like Lugers, Broomhandle Mausers, Maxim silencers, Ithaca Auto & Burglars, H&R Handy Guns, Marbles Game Getters, a Knickerbocker or a Crescent Certified, etc.

...and sopwith camels.

Mike
"The arms business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side."
-With apologies to Hunter S. Thompson

Trebor

Post by Trebor » Sun May 24, 2009 12:46 am

prebans wrote:...and sopwith camels.

Mike
Nah, skip the Sopwith Camel. They have a well deserved rep as pilot killers. More Commonwealth pilots died in flying accidents in Camels then enemy pilots who were killed by Camels.

Grab a handful of war trophy Fokker DVII's instead. It's a much more forgiving plane and will outperform the Camel in anything except a tight turn.

You might as well grab a pair of SE5A's as well. Then you can hook up with a pretty girl and go looking for her Dad who became a warlord in China. Just don't be disapointed when he turns out to be Wilford Brimley.
----
R.I.P HK33K - Gone, but not forgetten.

Necrodamus

Post by Necrodamus » Sun May 24, 2009 6:58 am

prebans wrote:
Necrodamus wrote:
Trebor wrote:

Not really... $200.00 for a "deluxe" TSMG (only $175 for a standard one) back then was 3-4 months of salary for average folk.

$200.00 would get far more in terms of Maxims, Vickers, Lewis Guns, Chau Chats, 1917s, 1919s, M2 .50s, Marlin Potato Diggers, Gatling Guns, a St. Etienne...

...plus cheap stuff like Lugers, Broomhandle Mausers, Maxim silencers, Ithaca Auto & Burglars, H&R Handy Guns, Marbles Game Getters, a Knickerbocker or a Crescent Certified, etc.

...and sopwith camels.

Mike
I was comparing the CURRENT cost of a title III Thompson to the $200, I believe you would find a significant difference. Besides if you invented a time machine you could buy all of it

GhettoSniper
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days, Shaun of the Dead, Resident Evil.

Post by GhettoSniper » Sun May 24, 2009 8:42 am

Necrodamus wrote:
I was comparing the CURRENT cost of a title III Thompson to the $200, I believe you would find a significant difference. Besides if you invented a time machine you could buy all of it
Title III? Crap, I didnt know you could get stuff more funner than Title II !!

prebans
Favorite Zombie Movies: Night of the Living Dead

Post by prebans » Sun May 24, 2009 10:43 am

Necrodamus wrote: I was comparing the CURRENT cost of a title III Thompson to the $200, I believe you would find a significant difference. Besides if you invented a time machine you could buy all of it
So am I! Do you know what original C&R Maxims, Vickers, Lewis Guns, Chau Chats, 1917s, 1919s, M2 .50s, Marlin Potato Diggers, Gatling Guns, St. Etiennes, etc., cost compared to a Thompson?

:lol:

Just giving you crap, man. :wink: Believe me, I'd be all over a trip to 1933 just to buy stuff at depression prices.

Mike
"The arms business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side."
-With apologies to Hunter S. Thompson

Return to “General Firearms Discussion”