CZ 82 vs keltec p11

General discussions regarding topics that aren't covered in one of the other sub-forums. NO DISCUSSION OF POLITICS!

Moderators: ZS Global Moderators, ZS Postal Match Officers

Patient Zer0
Favorite Zombie Movies: 90 remake of NOTLD, Shaun of the Dead, Dead and Breakfast, Dance of the Dead

CZ 82 vs keltec p11

Post by Patient Zer0 » Thu May 07, 2009 4:35 pm

A friend of mine has been hounding me to sell him my Kel-Tec P 11 for a while now, but today he offered a trade, his CZ 82. Now I am a huge fan of all things CZ, with the exception of the CZ 52, and already have a PA-63 and a good amount of ammo for it. Should I take the trade? I really like the CZ 82 and still would have my CZ 75B in "standard" 9mm. Just looking for some opinions.
bonanacrom wrote:I'd never throw others out of my way to save myself over them but anyone in my way with speeches about rules and regulations is going to get punched in the throat.
TIOCFAIDH AR LA

Ufdyixcaff

Re: CZ 82 vs keltec p11

Post by Ufdyixcaff » Thu May 07, 2009 4:39 pm

Id take it.

The KelTec may be "worth" more, but the CZ will still be firing long after the KelTec has given up the ghost.

You already shoot 9x18 and already have ammo for it.

And you like CZ, so... win.

Does this 82 come with mags or a holster?

crypto
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Post by crypto » Thu May 07, 2009 4:40 pm

I'm a CZ fan and a Keltec hater, but it all comes down to intended purpose.

If you want a cheap but great quality gun to shoot cheap ammo though at the range, get the CZ. It shoots MUCH better than a PA-63.

If you want something to walk around with on your hip, keep the Kel-tec. The CZ is a few pounds when loaded.
MF'N TEAM LEADER

"Some people think that the best way to stop the leopard is to cut the horns off the gazelle. This, my friends, is insane."

Patient Zer0
Favorite Zombie Movies: 90 remake of NOTLD, Shaun of the Dead, Dead and Breakfast, Dance of the Dead

Post by Patient Zer0 » Thu May 07, 2009 4:44 pm

I would probably carry the CZ, but it might inspire me to purchase a my first Glock. I have been thinking G 19 for a while now... :lol:
bonanacrom wrote:I'd never throw others out of my way to save myself over them but anyone in my way with speeches about rules and regulations is going to get punched in the throat.
TIOCFAIDH AR LA

crypto
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Post by crypto » Thu May 07, 2009 4:46 pm

Patient Zer0 wrote:I would probably carry the CZ, but it might inspire me to purchase a my first Glock. I have been thinking G 19 for a while now... :lol:
I went from a CZ-75 Compact to a G19, and the different in weight on my hip was like night and day.

If you're just going to get a Glock anyway, are you sure you want to invest in the leather for the CZ-82?
MF'N TEAM LEADER

"Some people think that the best way to stop the leopard is to cut the horns off the gazelle. This, my friends, is insane."

Patient Zer0

Post by Patient Zer0 » Thu May 07, 2009 4:51 pm

His CZ comes with leather. My kel-tec has the clip on it. He says fair trade.
TIOCFAIDH AR LA

crypto
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Post by crypto » Thu May 07, 2009 4:57 pm

That leather will probably not be something you want to wear on your hip unless you're a Czechoslovakian officer with a pistol belt.

Kinda bulky, no?
MF'N TEAM LEADER

Ufdyixcaff

Post by Ufdyixcaff » Thu May 07, 2009 5:00 pm

Patient Zer0 wrote:He says fair trade.
Of course he does.

Patient Zer0

Post by Patient Zer0 » Thu May 07, 2009 5:15 pm

The pictured holster is one of them, but it comes with an IWB holster as well as 200 rds of ammo.
TIOCFAIDH AR LA

Ashen

Post by Ashen » Thu May 07, 2009 5:18 pm

Patient Zer0 wrote:The pictured holster is one of them, but it comes with an IWB holster as well as 200 rds of ammo.
How many magazines is he throwing in? Those are pretty expensive and hard to find.

Patient Zer0

Post by Patient Zer0 » Thu May 07, 2009 5:24 pm

He has 2 and a local shop has them for $20 a pop.
TIOCFAIDH AR LA

steppenwolf

Post by steppenwolf » Thu May 07, 2009 5:39 pm

I picked up a nice CZ 82 two months ago for the wife - and got some extra 12-rd mags from J&G Guns sales in AZ.

The CZ 82 is a very underrated surplus pistol.

8)
I don't usually listen to Nickelback, but when I do I prefer this song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxgeSv88 ... re=channel" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

MOLON LABE
It's a Spartan thing ... You wouldn't understand.

Ufdyixcaff

Post by Ufdyixcaff » Thu May 07, 2009 5:51 pm

Patient Zer0 wrote:The pictured holster is one of them, but it comes with an IWB holster as well as 200 rds of ammo.
Patient Zer0 wrote:He has 2 and a local shop has them for $20 a pop.
NOW its a fair trade.

Id'a done it anyway just knowing the quality comparison, but with the 2 holsters, 2 mags, 200rnds ammo, and the pistol... for a P11 on a clip? Do it.

MacabeeSicarius

Post by MacabeeSicarius » Thu May 07, 2009 5:56 pm

i'd do it. i don't like kel-tec and the P11 is their least desirable pistol. most people go P3-AT and PF9
Last edited by MacabeeSicarius on Thu May 07, 2009 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
crypto wrote:Sigs are +5 damage due to superior Teutonic Gnome Magic

Domino

Post by Domino » Thu May 07, 2009 5:56 pm

crypto wrote: If you want a cheap but great quality gun to shoot cheap ammo though at the range, get the CZ. It shoots MUCH better than a PA-63.

If you want something to walk around with on your hip, keep the Kel-tec. The CZ is a few pounds when loaded.
Big +1 as it depends on what you are going to use it for. If its just going in the safe then go for the trade. but, the Kel-Tec wins when it comes down to a concealed carry weapon as its lighter and more powerful.

Lodewijk

Post by Lodewijk » Thu May 07, 2009 6:03 pm

steppenwolf wrote: The CZ 82 is a very underrated surplus pistol.
Depends on what circles you run in. Some people love the poop out of it.

E: Holy shit do that trade.

Ashen

Post by Ashen » Thu May 07, 2009 6:18 pm

+1 on doing the trade - the ammo alone is worth $40+.

And go buy some mags, $20 is a STEAL.

Also consider getting some Wolff springs.

Fire

Post by Fire » Thu May 07, 2009 6:29 pm

personally, I loves me some commie weapons, as they tend to be built like a freaking tractor for durability.... and that is a big concern if I am going to trust a weapon with my one and only life... also, from all I have heard, unlike most commie weapons, its an ergonomic tractor with real sights..... so go for it....
रक्षस

" I have stood the charge of the Rakshasha, my heart will not fail, I have felt the teeth of the tiger, I fear no evil"....

Hail St. Gabriel Possenti, patron saint of handgunners...

Sig_Ocelot

Post by Sig_Ocelot » Thu May 07, 2009 6:30 pm

Hmm.... a Craptec p11 or an excellent CZ82. Do you really have to ask! Color me jealous, because I'd love to be in your position for that trade.
Rush2112 wrote: Somehow I see this phrase ending a lot of sentences in the future:

"...And that's how Sig lost his [eyesight/fingers]."

TheLastRifleMan
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later

Post by TheLastRifleMan » Thu May 07, 2009 6:31 pm

Do it now. I just bought a CZ 82 this winter and absolutely love it. Accurate, reliable and fits my small mitts great. It seems to be very well made and rugged.

Mine feeds Hornady hollow points like butter with surprising accuracy. I keep one magazine (the only one I have for it so far) loaded with those for my home defense pistol.

Here is mine:

With the ammo and leather, this is a hell of a trade.

"If ye break faith with those who died,
We shall not sleep..."

steppenwolf

Post by steppenwolf » Thu May 07, 2009 7:53 pm

"Depends on what circles you run in."

Well, since my wife's "circles" are work and home, it'll do just fine - and with room to spare. :roll:

She's real good with it, and 12-rds of 9x18 are sufficient to dissuade a random attack. She also likes (and carries) her Glock 19 and Sig 228. :wink:

8)
I don't usually listen to Nickelback, but when I do I prefer this song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxgeSv88 ... re=channel" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

MOLON LABE
It's a Spartan thing ... You wouldn't understand.

phorsaken1
Favorite Zombie Movies: anything romero

Post by phorsaken1 » Thu May 07, 2009 9:06 pm

Make the trade. The guy I sold my P11 to just traded it in on a 1911. He got a whopping $125 for the gun in excellent condition, holster, and three mags. Yeah, make the trade.
Oh squiggly line in my eye. I see you there lurking on the periphery of my vision. But when I try to look at you, you scurry away. Are you shy squiggly line? Why only when I ignore you do you return to the center of my eye? Oh squiggly line it's all right you are forgiven.

Oregon

Post by Oregon » Thu May 07, 2009 9:16 pm

I love my CZ 82 and think it is probably the best value for a pistol you can get for your money right now. They are solid and VERY accurate.

gelgoog

Post by gelgoog » Thu May 07, 2009 11:30 pm

Oregon wrote:I love my CZ 82 and think it is probably the best value for a pistol you can get for your money right now. They are solid and VERY accurate.
EXACTLY!

if you want a quality, compact, accurate, well built firearm then you can not do better then the CZ-82 right now, it is the best bang for your buck.

Return to “General Firearms Discussion”