Looking for an UZI

General discussions regarding topics that aren't covered in one of the other sub-forums. NO DISCUSSION OF POLITICS!

Moderators: ZS Global Moderators, ZS Postal Match Officers

Trioxin
ZS Member
ZS Member

Looking for an UZI

Post by Trioxin » Thu May 07, 2009 8:59 am

Hey folks, I'm looking to buy an UZI. Youz guys know anybody that has them (one) in stock?

Does anyone have any experiance with Atlantic FIrearms? They have them listed on the website, but the only answer I can get is "2 weeks to deliver". ??

666th post! Hail Satan.
You Are Not Free.
FYI: the 7.4 trillion dollars used to bail out Wall Street could give $23,000 to EVERY man, woman, and child in the US.
Slowly moving toward my 666th post. YEAH!!

Hachiman
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead
Army of Darkness

Re: Looking for an UZI

Post by Hachiman » Thu May 07, 2009 10:02 am

I'm not sure where they are getting the Vector Uzi's because Vector quit making them towards the end of last year. You can check on Gunsamerica.com they still have IMI,Group One, Vectors and Norinco's available.
~Hachi~

ZS Fleet Number ZS-0140
brothaman wrote: you seem to like the abuse so I figured I'd jump in for a kick or 2.
ZSC:014 Texas Gulf Coast Chapter of Zombie Squad

Muppet Master

Post by Muppet Master » Thu May 07, 2009 10:08 am

Atlantic sales Vector UZI's that can be found directly from them here.
http://vectorarms.com/shop/index.php?ma ... d728c5689c" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Call them at 801-295-1917.

Prices of those has went up quite a bit in the past year. There was a rumor that Vector was shutting down, so people cranked up the price of theirs. You can almost get an original IMI UZI at that price now on gunbroker. But Vector is still in buisness and is not going to be shutting down any time soon now.

Here is a Vector that has a pretty good price, but it only has a few hours left.
http://gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.a ... =127953136" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And here is an original IMI going for a current Vector price.
http://gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.a ... =128371650" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

You can also try to get a Norinco UZI, but they come with a wooden thumbhole stock. In my opinion, those stocks look like crap. You can swith them out for the folding stock, but then you have to worry about 922r compliance parts.
I don't have to be careful. I've got a gun. --- Homer Simpson.

Hachiman
Army of Darkness

Post by Hachiman » Thu May 07, 2009 10:50 am

Just checked Vectors website, they are now making them again on a limited basis. Glad I went back to check as I need to order some goodies.
~Hachi~

ZS Fleet Number ZS-0140
brothaman wrote: you seem to like the abuse so I figured I'd jump in for a kick or 2.

BigDaddyTX

Post by BigDaddyTX » Thu May 07, 2009 11:16 am

I got my AR from Atlantic, no problems. They weren't terribly friendly, but they did business well and everything was satisfactory.
mzmadmike wrote: I may even buy another semiautomatic assault weapon rambo killing machine for my small penis, with lots of large capacity non-reusable clips full of armor piercing incendiary mercury tracer poisoned explosive hollowpoint glaser black talons

Kommander

Post by Kommander » Thu May 07, 2009 11:29 am

i bought my Vector Uzi for about $550 NIB a year ago. Its a great gun, but a bit heavy for what it does. Thankfully mags are still available for about $10 if you know where to look. Unfortunately other than Atlantic and Gunbroker et. all I don't know of any other place you can get them right now. Hopefully Vetor can get ramped back up and the price will drop.
Why must all the hoops be on fire?

MacAttack

Post by MacAttack » Thu May 07, 2009 11:38 am

Post your request here.

http://www.uzitalk.com/forums/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Many manufacturers and dealers are members and watch daily.

Just make sure you mention Full auto or Semi Auto. They will assume FA.

Trioxin
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Trioxin » Thu May 07, 2009 11:48 am

Thanks guys. You just saved me about $300 and two weeks on a waiting list. I thought Vector was out of Biz as well....
VIVA ZOMBIE SQUAD!
You Are Not Free.
FYI: the 7.4 trillion dollars used to bail out Wall Street could give $23,000 to EVERY man, woman, and child in the US.

gelgoog

Post by gelgoog » Thu May 07, 2009 12:02 pm

yup grabbing one from vector arms right now is probably your best bet. vectors on gunbroker are currently going for as much as an action arms, which is kind of a shame. I know a lot of people who did not jump on the $600 vector uzis last year, including myself. I opted to get an action arms after vector sold off their uzi supply.

Nechro
Favorite Zombie Movies: To many to list!!!

Post by Nechro » Thu May 07, 2009 1:24 pm

To much L4D? Just kidding.
When you die, if you have a choice to go to regular heaven or pie heaven, choose pie heaven. It might be a trick, but if not mmmmm boy!

Kommander

Post by Kommander » Thu May 07, 2009 1:28 pm

Nechro wrote:To much L4D? Just kidding.
Just don't fire the damn thing with the stock folded. I really hate that...

Trioxin
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Trioxin » Thu May 07, 2009 1:41 pm

What? Is this some Vector UZI joke I need to know about? :(
You Are Not Free.

claren

Post by claren » Thu May 07, 2009 3:00 pm

Trioxin wrote:What? Is this some Vector UZI joke I need to know about? :(
Nope. L4D stand for Left For Dead, a popular (with damn good reason) zombie video game where one of the better weapons is an Uzi.
The stars at night...

Domino

Post by Domino » Thu May 07, 2009 4:31 pm

Go with the Vector, they feel sturdy and are supposed to be quality weapons from everything I have heard. But I wouldn't pay over $700 for one unless its something you just have to have. The semi-auto UZI is definately cool but it has a somewhat limited "usefullness". Since its not select-fire nor super compact, most people will say that you are better off with a semi-auto 5.56 carbine and they would be 100% correct IMHO.

It would still make an OK plinker/practice weapon but they don't have particularly good sights or triggers so don't expect too much. Personally though, if you just want a 9mm rifle and not just an UZI, then you would probably be much better served with a KT Sub-2000, Beretta CX4, or High-Point 995. I opted for the Sub-2000 and I don't think a semi-auto UZI can do a single thing better then it could, aside from bieng more durable. Other than that, my rifle is the same size, folds up smaller, longer sight radius, uses 33/17/15 round glock magazines, weighs ~5 pounds, and it shoots steel cased ammo all day with 4-6 MOA accuracy. Not bad performance for half the price of the UZI.

That said, I still want a semi-auto UZI I could SBR and put away for a rainy day.

gelgoog

Post by gelgoog » Thu May 07, 2009 11:36 pm

Domino wrote:Go with the Vector, they feel sturdy and are supposed to be quality weapons from everything I have heard. But I wouldn't pay over $700 for one unless its something you just have to have. The semi-auto UZI is definately cool but it has a somewhat limited "usefullness". Since its not select-fire nor super compact, most people will say that you are better off with a semi-auto 5.56 carbine and they would be 100% correct IMHO.

It would still make an OK plinker/practice weapon but they don't have particularly good sights or triggers so don't expect too much. Personally though, if you just want a 9mm rifle and not just an UZI, then you would probably be much better served with a KT Sub-2000, Beretta CX4, or High-Point 995. I opted for the Sub-2000 and I don't think a semi-auto UZI can do a single thing better then it could, aside from bieng more durable. Other than that, my rifle is the same size, folds up smaller, longer sight radius, uses 33/17/15 round glock magazines, weighs ~5 pounds, and it shoots steel cased ammo all day with 4-6 MOA accuracy. Not bad performance for half the price of the UZI.

That said, I still want a semi-auto UZI I could SBR and put away for a rainy day.
well the uzi has a lot going for it. Its plenty accurate under 100 yards, mags are cheap, very simple design, and super easy to disassemble(takes literally 5 seconds). There are some decent aftermarket mods and you have a long battlefield record. Its heavy enough that to dample nearly all recoil and you can really get a lot of follow up shots of quickly. I would quite surprised when I let off a 30 rnd mag as fast as I could ( maybe something like 300-500 Rate of fire). I am sorry to tell you but the uzi is certainly the most study design out there. I consider it the AK of subguns.

Domino

Post by Domino » Fri May 08, 2009 7:20 am

gelgoog wrote: well the uzi has a lot going for it. Its plenty accurate under 100 yards, mags are cheap, very simple design, and super easy to disassemble(takes literally 5 seconds). There are some decent aftermarket mods and you have a long battlefield record. Its heavy enough that to dample nearly all recoil and you can really get a lot of follow up shots of quickly. I would quite surprised when I let off a 30 rnd mag as fast as I could ( maybe something like 300-500 Rate of fire). I am sorry to tell you but the uzi is certainly the most study design out there. I consider it the AK of subguns.
Sorry for what? No disagreement here, the UZI is indeed very durable. Having put several hundred rounds through a full-auto UZI a few months ago I was pretty impressed with the weapons handling and decent accuracy. Regardless a semi-auto UZI with a 16" barrel loses a lot of the appeal that the subgun has, mainly portablility and firepower. If I were to buy one I would definately have it SBR'd, but the pricetag starts to get a little high for what is effectively a 9mm carbine. Particularly when there are other cheaper products out there that will do the exact same thing and are probably better suited for the sort of things the average civilian would use them for. Sure the UZI is a battleproven design, but honestly how many of us are actually going to take a 9mm rifle to battle?

Trebor

Post by Trebor » Fri May 08, 2009 10:49 am

I love my Schmoozi. Then again, it's not semi-auto. I find the semi-auto ones with that 16" barrel to be kinda clunky in comparision.

Funny thing, I'm actually modifying a spare trigger pack to fire semi-auto only and plan to add a semi-auto bolt so I can swap out those parts on demand to be able to temporarily convert the gun to semi-auto only so I can shoot it at some local pistol caliber carbine matches. The range doesn't allow full-auto's, even when set on semi, but if I temporarily "lock out" the full-auto setting, then it's OK. It saves me the price of buying another PCC and gives me an additional chance to play with the Schmoozi, even if it's only in semi-auto then.
----
R.I.P HK33K - Gone, but not forgetten.

gelgoog

Post by gelgoog » Fri May 08, 2009 6:24 pm

Domino wrote:
Sure the UZI is a battleproven design, but honestly how many of us are actually going to take a 9mm rifle to battle?
at what battle do you speak of? In an urban environment, I find the uzi to be just fine. If we are talking rural country, then I would grab my M1917 Enfield. The subgun was designed for close quarters assault, not to be given to main line infantry. Of all the subguns available to civilians the UZI is the best choice right now. So yeah, pistol caliber weapons are obviously going to have their disadvantages, but they are good to have in <100 yard firefights..which is what your most likely to get involved in. If pistol caliber carbines are useless, then you better tell all the people on these forums to throw away their .357/.44 lever guns as only useless range toys unfit for battle.

Since my likely opponent in nearly all scenarios will not be wearing body armor and will not be more then 100 yards out, I think the uzi is a fine civilian defense weapon.

Kommander

Post by Kommander » Sat May 09, 2009 1:44 am

If I am going to haul around a 10 lbs gun then I would rather have my AK or Sig 556 than an Uzi, even inside. However I can see a use for the UZI when SBRd, especially since the Uzi is among the only guns that can be SBRd with almost no effort on the part of the owner. Fit it with a suppressor and sub sonic ammo and it gets even more fun.

Domino

Post by Domino » Sat May 09, 2009 5:28 am

gelgoog wrote:
at what battle do you speak of? In an urban environment, I find the uzi to be just fine. If we are talking rural country, then I would grab my M1917 Enfield. The subgun was designed for close quarters assault, not to be given to main line infantry. Of all the subguns available to civilians the UZI is the best choice right now. So yeah, pistol caliber weapons are obviously going to have their disadvantages, but they are good to have in <100 yard firefights..which is what your most likely to get involved in. If pistol caliber carbines are useless, then you better tell all the people on these forums to throw away their .357/.44 lever guns as only useless range toys unfit for battle.

Since my likely opponent in nearly all scenarios will not be wearing body armor and will not be more then 100 yards out, I think the uzi is a fine civilian defense weapon.
Yeah, because I totally said that pistol calibered carbines were "useless range toys"...
:roll:

I guess you are just searching for some sort of disagreement?
Kommander wrote:If I am going to haul around a 10 lbs gun then I would rather have my AK or Sig 556 than an Uzi, even inside. However I can see a use for the UZI when SBRd, especially since the Uzi is among the only guns that can be SBRd with almost no effort on the part of the owner. Fit it with a suppressor and sub sonic ammo and it gets even more fun.
+1, I think a vast majority of members here are going to agree with this logic. Since the "civilian legal" UZI's are 16" barreled semi-auto's it would be kinda silly to haul one around in combat if an AK takes up basically the same amount of weight and space and offers a HUGE advantage in power. And again IF you go with a semi-auto UZI, get that sucker SBR'd or it just becomes an overpriced, goofy looking gun and you might as well have gotten a High-Point 995. That's been my entire point the whole time...

gelgoog

Post by gelgoog » Sat May 09, 2009 11:51 am

Domino wrote:
gelgoog wrote:

Yeah, because I totally said that pistol calibered carbines were "useless range toys"...
:roll:

I guess you are just searching for some sort of disagreement?
Kommander wrote:If I am going to haul around a 10 lbs gun then I would rather have my AK or Sig 556 than an Uzi, even inside. However I can see a use for the UZI when SBRd, especially since the Uzi is among the only guns that can be SBRd with almost no effort on the part of the owner. Fit it with a suppressor and sub sonic ammo and it gets even more fun.
+1, I think a vast majority of members here are going to agree with this logic. Since the "civilian legal" UZI's are 16" barreled semi-auto's it would be kinda silly to haul one around in combat if an AK takes up basically the same amount of weight and space and offers a HUGE advantage in power. And again IF you go with a semi-auto UZI, get that sucker SBR'd or it just becomes an overpriced, goofy looking gun and you might as well have gotten a High-Point 995. That's been my entire point the whole time...
alright sorry, I was being a dick. Just to many people ( especially at arf) piss all over the uzi because their ar15 is sooooo much better in every single way. I would rather give an uzi to a new shooter, then I would an AR15 or even an AK. And yes, the 16 inch barrel is gay, and defeats the purpose

ista_hota

Post by ista_hota » Sat May 09, 2009 12:47 pm

Sub 2k with Glock 18 mags beats a non SBR Uzi in everything but coolness factor, imho.

4lbs unloaded, stows to 16" OAL, longer sight radius, stupid cheap, lifetime warranty.

Hachiman
Army of Darkness

Post by Hachiman » Sat May 09, 2009 1:48 pm

ista_hota wrote:Sub 2k with Glock 18 mags beats a non SBR Uzi in everything but coolness factor, imho.

4lbs unloaded, stows to 16" OAL, longer sight radius, stupid cheap, lifetime warranty.
Semi Auto Uzi stows in a 16" space and take a whopping 5 seconds to be ready to roll..the extra weight just reminds me its a little more durable than most. Field strip in a whole 15-20 seconds. If Glock mags and S2K's were cheaper and more readily available, I would have a G17L and a S2K as well.
~Hachi~

ZS Fleet Number ZS-0140

gelgoog

Post by gelgoog » Sat May 09, 2009 2:01 pm

ista_hota wrote:Sub 2k with Glock 18 mags beats a non SBR Uzi in everything but coolness factor, imho.

cool, but you can store that uzi with the barrel off, the slap the barrel in and throw on the nose cap if your looking for compact carry. sub 2k is not exactly even close as far as durable contruction goes, its not a proven design and glock mags are not cheaper then uzi mags. The only advantage the sub2k has is price and weight. reliability, ergonomics, accuracy, sights, mags, durability, proven design, aftermarket mods etc all go to the uzi. I have had both, and there is a reason I still have the uzi.

Return to “General Firearms Discussion”