Page 1 of 1

Defence of the Realm Target Download

Posted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:43 pm
by TC
I posted a photo of an old target that I shot while I was in high school called 'Defence of the Realm' in Rockfish Dave's recent target thread and there was some interest in it. It's basically a target sheet with 10 Nazi's coming at you and I always had fun shooting it in high school just for laughs when I didn't have anything better to do.

I wasn't able to find it online and the only copy of the target I had was the one I had shot up already. I don't have access to a scanner, so I decided to recreate it in Photoshop using a photo of the original as a guide.

Image

I'm pretty happy with how it turned out and hopefully some of you guys will get a kick out of it. It's nearly a complete copy, although I added the British coat of arms above the title just for fun. There are two versions of my new version, one with the scoring rings/boxes and one without, just thought some people might prefer one over the other.

Here are the links to the files (in PDF format):

Target with scoring rings/boxes

Plain target

Anyway, I hope you guys and girls get some enjoyment out of it!

Re: Defence of the Realm Target Download

Posted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:14 pm
by Dave_M
Downloaded.

Thanks much!

Re: Defence of the Realm Target Download

Posted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:06 pm
by colinz
Cool, thanks dude. :)

Re: Defence of the Realm Target Download

Posted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:40 am
by phil_in_cs
Very cool! Thanks a bunch!

Re: Defence of the Realm Target Download

Posted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:49 am
by Jamie
Thanks...nice targets!

If I hit these guys at 25 yards, it's like hitting real bad guys at 800 yards right?



:wink:


jk, thanks for the fun!

Re: Defence of the Realm Target Download

Posted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:16 am
by phil_in_cs
nfa wrote:Thanks...nice targets!
If I hit these guys at 25 yards, it's like hitting real bad guys at 800 yards right?
:wink:
jk, thanks for the fun!
Its early in the morning for math, but most of the guys are 2.5 inches. 25 yards is 900 inches, and we will assume the guys ought to be 60 inches tall (5 1/2 feet tall but crouching). So...

2.5/900 = 60/x, or 2.5x = 900x60, or x = (900x60)/2.5
that gives x = 21,600 inches, or 600 yards......which is remarkably the distance often used as a max range for a normal rifleman....

I reserve the right to edit this after I've had my coffee :lol:

Re: Defence of the Realm Target Download

Posted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:53 am
by Brit-ZedHunter
I will definately be defending the realm next time im at the range!

Thanks

Re: Defence of the Realm Target Download

Posted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:41 am
by TC
Cool, I'm glad you guys will be getting some use out of them!

Re: Defence of the Realm Target Download

Posted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:43 am
by Sckitzo
nfa wrote:Thanks...nice targets!

If I hit these guys at 25 yards, it's like hitting real bad guys at 800 yards right?



:wink:


jk, thanks for the fun!
You laugh, that is how we qualify at work :roll:

Very cool target man, gonna have to print some of these out for shits and giggles, to bad I don't have one of those MG-42 stocks for a 10/22 :lol:

Re: Defence of the Realm Target Download

Posted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:21 am
by Hoppy
both PDF's AND pic saved!

im still looking for the target of the Hun i referred to in the previous thread

Re: Defence of the Realm Target Download

Posted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:30 am
by Brit-ZedHunter
Hoppy I think they are called a 'Huns head' target.

Re: Defence of the Realm Target Download

Posted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:45 am
by Oneswunk
Saved and printed.
Thanx

Re: Defence of the Realm Target Download

Posted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:48 am
by TC
Brit-ZedHunter wrote:Hoppy I think they are called a 'Huns head' target.
Is this the one?:

http://www.elyfamily.com/images/hun1.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Re: Defence of the Realm Target Download

Posted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:57 am
by Krustofski
All I can think is how incredible funny it would be to take these to the local range and -to max out the irony- shoot them with my Mauser.
Unfortunately it is illegal (like, by federal law), to use human-shaped targets in Germany, so I'm just bumping this thread for the awesomeness.

Re: Defence of the Realm Target Download

Posted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:20 am
by Hoppy
TC wrote:
Brit-ZedHunter wrote:Hoppy I think they are called a 'Huns head' target.
Is this the one?:

http://www.elyfamily.com/images/hun1.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
the ones iv seen have a waste up or full body outline, and normaly have a Hun charging with a weapon ( K98 , stick grenades or other)


like a larger version of the target right below the "Defence of the Realm" but a different drawing which is similar to the "huns head" you posted

Re: Defence of the Realm Target Download

Posted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:26 am
by Kutter_0311
Tagged for WIN! :lol:

Re: Defence of the Realm Target Download

Posted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:17 pm
by RickOShea
Downloaded. 8-)

Re: Defence of the Realm Target Download

Posted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:38 pm
by Gingerbread Man
Any way to get the text to read " Fear God, honor the constitution, learn to shoot." Redacted commentary about the rejection of royal titles. I do like the crown however.

Re: Defence of the Realm Target Download

Posted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:15 pm
by TC
Regular Guy wrote:Any way to get the text to read " Fear God, honor the constitution, learn to shoot." Redacted commentary about the rejection of royal titles. I do like the crown however.
Use an image editing program?

I don't mean to sound standoffish but saying that you've 'redacted commentary about the rejection of royal titles' is pretty much the same kind of comment as all of the 'I can't say what I want because of the politics rules' comments that have been thrown into threads by users lately. In other words, people want to make it known that they disapprove/disagree with something that they would be warned for saying usually whilst seeming to adhere to the rules.

In this case, it seems that you disapprove of Britain being a constitutional monarchy. Not all of us feel that way though, nor are such remarks what this forum or thread are for. I hope that you can respect that even if you disagree with the principle you commented on.

You can modify the target however you please, I don't claim any sort of ownership of the original design that it is based on nor do I mind others modifying it for their own purposes. All I ask is that you keep your feelings on any of the text from the original to yourself here.

Re: Defence of the Realm Target Download

Posted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 6:45 pm
by Unobtainium
Hoppy wrote:
TC wrote:
Brit-ZedHunter wrote:Hoppy I think they are called a 'Huns head' target.
Is this the one?:

http://www.elyfamily.com/images/hun1.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
the ones iv seen have a waste up or full body outline, and normaly have a Hun charging with a weapon ( K98 , stick grenades or other)


like a larger version of the target right below the "Defence of the Realm" but a different drawing which is similar to the "huns head" you posted

Hoppy, was this the one that you meant?

http://www.aihpa.com/targets/Target%20Figure-12.jpeg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Re: Defence of the Realm Target Download

Posted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:01 pm
by Gingerbread Man
TC wrote:
Regular Guy wrote:Any way to get the text to read " Fear God, honor the constitution, learn to shoot." Redacted commentary about the rejection of royal titles. I do like the crown however.
Use an image editing program?

I don't mean to sound standoffish but saying that you've 'redacted commentary about the rejection of royal titles' is pretty much the same kind of comment as all of the 'I can't say what I want because of the politics rules' comments that have been thrown into threads by users lately. In other words, people want to make it known that they disapprove/disagree with something that they would be warned for saying usually whilst seeming to adhere to the rules.

In this case, it seems that you disapprove of Britain being a constitutional monarchy. Not all of us feel that way though, nor are such remarks what this forum or thread are for. I hope that you can respect that even if you disagree with the principle you commented on.

You can modify the target however you please, I don't claim any sort of ownership of the original design that it is based on nor do I mind others modifying it for their own purposes. All I ask is that you keep your feelings on any of the text from the original to yourself here.
Perhaps this statement didn't come across as intended, I apologize for that. Thanks for the targets, I'll change them to my liking.


Nothing I said has anything to do with the British form of govt. I only made a comment about royal titles, which i do have a problem with. We are all equal or we aren't. I'll go ahead and modify the targets as I see fit, thanks.

Re: Defence of the Realm Target Download

Posted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:37 pm
by Hoppy
Unobtainium wrote:
Hoppy wrote:
TC wrote:
Brit-ZedHunter wrote:Hoppy I think they are called a 'Huns head' target.
Is this the one?:

http://www.elyfamily.com/images/hun1.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
the ones iv seen have a waste up or full body outline, and normaly have a Hun charging with a weapon ( K98 , stick grenades or other)


like a larger version of the target right below the "Defence of the Realm" but a different drawing which is similar to the "huns head" you posted

Hoppy, was this the one that you meant?

http://www.aihpa.com/targets/Target%20Figure-12.jpeg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
yes, pretty much that in a grey scale, thank you!

Re: Defence of the Realm Target Download

Posted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:12 pm
by SeaDog
That's too awesome. Thanks much. :D

Re: Defence of the Realm Target Download

Posted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:09 pm
by omega_man
Fuck, now I have to buy a Garand. Dammit.