CZ-82 who should I order from?

General discussions regarding topics that aren't covered in one of the other sub-forums. NO DISCUSSION OF POLITICS!

Moderators: ZS Global Moderators, ZS Postal Match Officers

Post Reply
User avatar
gelgoog
* * * * *
Posts: 5621
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:58 am
Location: Banned from the interwebs

CZ-82 who should I order from?

Post by gelgoog » Mon Mar 16, 2009 6:19 pm

Apparently a lot of people are selling these right now and I definitely want to order one. So far Classic arms, CDNN , AIM surplus all seem to have them. Want one with a nice finish and not sure who will offer the best.

CDNN has several grades, the top being $189 for exc- like new with only one mag thats it
they also say that accessories must be shipped separately, so If i wanted to order more mags I guess i would have to dish out an additional $15 shipping. (somebody correct me on this if im wrong).


classic arms and aim surplus offer two mags, a mag holder, holster and lanyard for about $189 but dont have a grade on them, most likely they are in average to good. (plus these two do the $10 handselect..tell me if thats a scam?)


Ideas anyone?

User avatar
TheLastRifleMan
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator
Posts: 8001
Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2005 1:26 pm
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later
Location: Watching the Border in Flint, Mich.
Contact:

Re: CZ-82 who should I order from?

Post by TheLastRifleMan » Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:00 pm

I have heard good things from both of those companies CZ 82's. I don't think you could go wrong either way.

I have yet to get mine out to the range, and I have owned it a month.
Image

"If ye break faith with those who died,
We shall not sleep..."

User avatar
gelgoog
* * * * *
Posts: 5621
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:58 am
Location: Banned from the interwebs

Re: CZ-82 who should I order from?

Post by gelgoog » Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:27 pm

TheLastRifleMan wrote:I have heard good things from both of those companies CZ 82's. I don't think you could go wrong either way.

I have yet to get mine out to the range, and I have owned it a month.
where did you get it and what condition?

User avatar
TheLastRifleMan
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator
Posts: 8001
Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2005 1:26 pm
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later
Location: Watching the Border in Flint, Mich.
Contact:

Re: CZ-82 who should I order from?

Post by TheLastRifleMan » Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:37 pm

I actually bought it from my local Gander Mt. store. Aside from a few scratches it is in real good shape. They had $249 (way too much) on it and then knocked it down to $189 on a clearance sale. No holster and 1 magazine. Bore looks brand new.

Here is a pic:

Image

Oh yeah, they look like they have a smooth bore barrel, but have polygonal rifling like Glock's and H&K's.
Image

"If ye break faith with those who died,
We shall not sleep..."

User avatar
ultra magnus
* * * * *
Posts: 1619
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2004 4:10 am

Re: CZ-82 who should I order from?

Post by ultra magnus » Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:46 pm

I loved AIM when I have delt with them. Dealing with J&G now and am less happy.

User avatar
gelgoog
* * * * *
Posts: 5621
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:58 am
Location: Banned from the interwebs

Re: CZ-82 who should I order from?

Post by gelgoog » Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:53 pm

TheLastRifleMan wrote:
Oh yeah, they look like they have a smooth bore barrel, but have polygonal rifling like Glock's and H&K's.
yea, I had a CZ-83 for a while but sold it to fund my Valmet 71s, and kind of regret doing so.
ultra magnus wrote:I loved AIM when I have delt with them. Dealing with J&G now and am less happy.
what does AIM charge on shipping?

Squidi
* * *
Posts: 372
Joined: Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:19 pm
Location: Arkansas
Contact:

Re: CZ-82 who should I order from?

Post by Squidi » Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:18 pm

I got mine from classicarms and did the $10 tip err... hand select. It has almost perfect finish except for two spots where it rubs the holster, and those are shiny. The bore is nice looking, and it was dipped in grease before I got it. They shipped either the same day or the next day after the FFL fax and it came 2 days later. They ship them 2 day select, so it's near $50 over the sticker price for shipping. Which, according to my understanding, is the way it's done. When I called to do the FFL shuffle they were very nice. The holster, mag holder, lanyard, and cleaning rod are neat extras.

I *think* the recoil spring on mine is a little weak. It really slings the brass, but new recoil springs are cheap.

User avatar
gelgoog
* * * * *
Posts: 5621
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:58 am
Location: Banned from the interwebs

Re: CZ-82 who should I order from?

Post by gelgoog » Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:28 pm

Squidi wrote:I got mine from classicarms and did the $10 tip err... hand select. It has almost perfect finish except for two spots where it rubs the holster, and those are shiny. The bore is nice looking, and it was dipped in grease before I got it. They shipped either the same day or the next day after the FFL fax and it came 2 days later. They ship them 2 day select, so it's near $50 over the sticker price for shipping. Which, according to my understanding, is the way it's done. When I called to do the FFL shuffle they were very nice. The holster, mag holder, lanyard, and cleaning rod are neat extras.

I *think* the recoil spring on mine is a little weak. It really slings the brass, but new recoil springs are cheap.
hmmmm... Maybe its just as good to get the excellent grade at CDNN for $189 cause their shipping is only $20.

was checking out CZ-83s at my local shop, and boy those were sweet. Someone must have tuned those things or put them through their paces because the DA trigger was very light (unlike my original CZ-83) and the safeties were quick to disengage. But $350 for a blued, and $450 from a duel tone is a bit high in my book.

User avatar
Asininity
* *
Posts: 250
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2009 7:33 pm
Location: Dallas, Texas

Re: CZ-82 who should I order from?

Post by Asininity » Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:02 pm

My suggestion is Military Gun Supply: http://www.militarygunsupply.com/shop2/ ... cts_id=139" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. I've had a good track record with these folks. For $199 you get a cleaning rod, holster, plus two mags.
Never Point A Gun At Something You're Not Prepared To Destroy! - IDPA

User avatar
gelgoog
* * * * *
Posts: 5621
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:58 am
Location: Banned from the interwebs

Re: CZ-82 who should I order from?

Post by gelgoog » Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:24 pm

lol, just ordered it from CDNN. Ordered one in excellent to like new condition.

also asked about their shipping and apparently, you can order upto 8 pistols and they still only charge a flat rate of $20 to ship them. Now thats cheap shipping compared to the other places.

User avatar
Hoppy
* * * * *
Posts: 7901
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2007 6:39 pm
Favorite Zombie Movies: all of them. except Diary of The Dead.
Location: MA :(

Re: CZ-82 who should I order from?

Post by Hoppy » Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:35 pm

does anyone have a scan of the catalog with prices?

il be damned if im going to call some one to find out if im getting screwed or not.
No one has a sense for the dramatic.

User avatar
Trioxin
ZS Member
ZS Member
Posts: 681
Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2006 8:07 pm
Location: TN
Contact:

Re: CZ-82 who should I order from?

Post by Trioxin » Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:13 pm

I just got one from CenterFire Systems and it was like brand new. It had a few marks but it kicked the shit out of the one that I got from J&G.
You Are Not Free.
FYI: the 7.4 trillion dollars used to bail out Wall Street could give $23,000 to EVERY man, woman, and child in the US.
Slowly moving toward my 666th post. YEAH!!

User avatar
gelgoog
* * * * *
Posts: 5621
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:58 am
Location: Banned from the interwebs

Re: CZ-82 who should I order from?

Post by gelgoog » Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:36 pm

Hoppy wrote:does anyone have a scan of the catalog with prices?

il be damned if im going to call some one to find out if im getting screwed or not.

http://www.cdnninvestments.com/dowournewcat.html

$149 average to good
$169 VG to excellent
$189 Exc to like new

User avatar
Hoppy
* * * * *
Posts: 7901
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2007 6:39 pm
Favorite Zombie Movies: all of them. except Diary of The Dead.
Location: MA :(

Re: CZ-82 who should I order from?

Post by Hoppy » Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:38 pm

gelgoog wrote:
Hoppy wrote:does anyone have a scan of the catalog with prices?

il be damned if im going to call some one to find out if im getting screwed or not.

http://www.cdnninvestments.com/dowournewcat.html

no prices.
No one has a sense for the dramatic.

Post Reply

Return to “General Firearms Discussion”