Ammunition Situation

General discussions regarding topics that aren't covered in one of the other sub-forums. NO DISCUSSION OF POLITICS!

Moderators: ZS Global Moderators, ZS Postal Match Officers

Trioxin
ZS Member
ZS Member

Re: Ammunition Situation

Post by Trioxin » Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:37 pm

dkhoward wrote:Just scored 300 rds of Yugo 7.72x54r brass cased ammo for $91.00US on gunbroker.
What gun shoots that strange ammunition? :twisted:

Yeah, I guess I'm just being a prick guys. I'm still buying shooting ammo myself. Disregard last snide comments. :P
You Are Not Free.
FYI: the 7.4 trillion dollars used to bail out Wall Street could give $23,000 to EVERY man, woman, and child in the US.
Slowly moving toward my 666th post. YEAH!!

dkhoward

Post by dkhoward » Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:38 pm

allsnide remarks accepted. I never said I could type.
Zombie Fleet #0124

"Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a government entity!"

Sig_Ocelot

Post by Sig_Ocelot » Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:41 pm

OhioMe wrote:Such hate for Blazer! All my Glock 23 has ever known is the 180 gr. .40S&W Blazer Brass from Wal-mart.* In probably 1,000 rounds I have had ZERO FTF, FTE, or the other kind of FTF. Currently selling $12.47 for the 50 round box ( Though I bought 1000 rounds back last year when it was still under $10 /box), I can't think of a reason not to buy, stockpile, and use Blazer Brass.

*Occasionally I give it a treat of some Win Ranger RA40T which it likes as well.
I have bought 4 boxes of .40s&w Blaser from WM. I had two rounds with dented and bulged case necks, and one dude primer. No thanks, I will pass on Blaser.
Rush2112 wrote: Somehow I see this phrase ending a lot of sentences in the future:

"...And that's how Sig lost his [eyesight/fingers]."

Hoppy
Favorite Zombie Movies: all of them. except Diary of The Dead.

Post by Hoppy » Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:00 am

Sig_Ocelot wrote:
OhioMe wrote:Such hate for Blazer! All my Glock 23 has ever known is the 180 gr. .40S&W Blazer Brass from Wal-mart.* In probably 1,000 rounds I have had ZERO FTF, FTE, or the other kind of FTF. Currently selling $12.47 for the 50 round box ( Though I bought 1000 rounds back last year when it was still under $10 /box), I can't think of a reason not to buy, stockpile, and use Blazer Brass.

*Occasionally I give it a treat of some Win Ranger RA40T which it likes as well.
I have bought 4 boxes of .40s&w Blaser from WM. I had two rounds with dented and bulged case necks, and one dude primer. No thanks, I will pass on Blaser.
brass or aluminum?
No one has a sense for the dramatic.

SigFan

Post by SigFan » Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:44 am

I cant attest to buying ammo from Express Police Supply, but I have bought several other items from them before with no issues. I'm not sure what the Winchester is going for these days, but put the link up here. Also ammuntiontogo is great. I buy a lot from Sportsmans Guide (between the memebership discount and the tri-weekly $10.00 off coupons the prices are preatty good.

Express Police Supply: http://www.ombexpress.com/search.aspx?s=ammo&cID=" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hope it helps.....
"You do not get to pick what kind of bad things will happen to you." Taken from Rory Miller.

Note* sorry for any typos, I make most of my posts from my phone.

daviddulee

Post by daviddulee » Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:55 am

Wow, cheaper than dirt has 1,000 rounds of Lake City brass .223 for $899.97. :shock:

Yikes.

durden10
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead, Shaun of the Dead, Land of the Dead

Post by durden10 » Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:55 am

I would be very careful about Yugo surplus brass-cased x54r ammo. I ordered a spam can of that stuff and half the cartridges were unshootable. Bullets would straight fall out, and the primers were shit. Try this stuff:

http://www.jgsales.com/product_info.php ... ts_id/1789

Not only do you get 140 more rounds, it's also steel-cased, which I've never had problems with. That tin is about 100$ shipped. Of course, YMMV.
Доверяй, но проверяй - Trust, but verify.

dkhoward

Post by dkhoward » Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:10 pm

Thanks for the heads up. The Yugo is already on its way. We have two mosins that we have been working on and, even if not the best in the world, the Yugo stuff should be suitable to cycle some rounds downrange and work the kinks out. I'll let everyone know how this batch comes in and how it shoots when we finally get a break in the weather so we can go shoot a little.
Zombie Fleet #0124

"Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a government entity!"

Trioxin
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Trioxin » Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:39 pm

dkhoward wrote:allsnide remarks accepted. I never said I could type.
It was straight fun my friend, nothing more. I type like a chimp with a head injury. :lol:
You Are Not Free.
FYI: the 7.4 trillion dollars used to bail out Wall Street could give $23,000 to EVERY man, woman, and child in the US.
Slowly moving toward my 666th post. YEAH!!

CallmeDave

Post by CallmeDave » Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:48 pm

I'm not trying to build up my stockpile I'm just trying to buy what ammo I used up at the range.
I have been to three Wally worlds and they have all been out of stock :?
Jvandenhaus wrote:I may be flirting with survivalism, but it's only so I can get to third base with her sister, gun collecting.

Space Jockey
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of the Dead
Land of the Dead
Dawn of the Dead 2004
Night of the Living Dead

Post by Space Jockey » Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:46 pm

If anyone is in the PNW, check out Bi-Mart. While recently they tend to run low fairly frequently on 9mm, .40, .45 and .223, they have almost everything else in stock and plenty of it. They are also one of the few stores where I have not seen prices skyrocket, or hardly go up at all in the last few months. Over the last few years yes, but last few months no. I used to be able to buy a box of Remington .45 for $10.00, now it's up to $18.00 or so. Anyways if you need specialty ammo, they usually have plenty of it in stock and their prices for the most part haven't changed lately.

At the beginning of this month I went down and bought 1000 rounds of .223 PMC at a local gun store I frequent for $500 ($10.00 a box). Then I went to Bi-Mart. I bought all 200 rounds of .223 Remington they had for $8.50 per box and all 400 rounds of .223 American Eagle they had for $6.00 a box. There are deals to be had there if you can find it.
Fortis fortuna adiuvat

Gun control isn't about guns, it's about control.

ironraven

Post by ironraven » Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:03 pm

As I said in another post, I watched someone buy up all the bulk .22 and all the Minimags and Stingers at my Walmart tonight. Aparently he's been doing smaller versions of this for over a year. *growls* Fucking hoarders. I mean if you are trying to stockpile before it gets banned, why the hell are you paying with plastic? I mean, I pick up a brick of 22 and a box of pistol or rifle a month that I'm not going to be shooting right away, and .30 Carbine when I find it, but I'm not cleaning off the shelves.
"Even if it's only the handful of people I happen to meet on the street or in my home, I can still protect them with one sword."

When a man go no longer speak without malice intended lest he cause offense, that is when truth starts to die.

There are three kinds of man- Man the Toolmaker, Man the Tool User, and man the tool.

D-Train

Post by D-Train » Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:38 pm

The manager of the sporting goods section was true to her word and apparently put in a (very) small order for ammunition. They had 9 50 rd boxes of .45, 1 50 rd box of 7.62, and 1 50 rd box of 9mm (which I purchased). The lady working the counter had no idea when more would be in.
"I wish for zombies everyday just so I don't have to go to work."
Finch

badgerdog
Favorite Zombie Movies: DOtD (new one)
Resident Evil
28 Days Later

Post by badgerdog » Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:44 pm

daviddulee wrote:Wow, cheaper than dirt has 1,000 rounds of Lake City brass .223 for $899.97. :shock:

Yikes.
That price is ridiculous when you can get Federal XM193 rounds for about half that price

Return to “General Firearms Discussion”