Custom "ZS" fake AR can multiple order?

General discussions regarding topics that aren't covered in one of the other sub-forums. NO DISCUSSION OF POLITICS!

Moderators: ZS Global Moderators, ZS Postal Match Officers

nimdabew
Favorite Zombie Movies: DOTD
I am ledgend

Re: Custom "ZS" fake AR can multiple order?

Post by nimdabew » Wed Mar 04, 2009 1:17 am

I think you can get the threading for two different thread counts. The standard is 1/2 x 28 I think.
Thanks Anianna!
12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:I say when Wee Drop visits the US, we make her ride a goat. You know, like those little monkey cowboys they have at some rodeos. :lol:

Trioxin
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Trioxin » Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:26 am

Trioxin wrote:
PistolPete wrote:BTW, if you'd like to use the ZS logo on something, drop an email to:
trademark@zombiehunters.org
I've already asked and been granted permission. Read the whole thread. :D

I have 4 takers (including myself) we can do it with less than 10, but the $100 custom setup fee will be spread a lot thinner with 10 people. I was also looking into the CAR1 can. I didn't ask if they all had to be the same model. I'm pretty sure I have the link in this thread, but here it is again. Watch the video.

4 and counting.
Sounds like we may be up to 6-ish. Getting closer.
You Are Not Free.
FYI: the 7.4 trillion dollars used to bail out Wall Street could give $23,000 to EVERY man, woman, and child in the US.
Slowly moving toward my 666th post. YEAH!!

Necrodamus

Post by Necrodamus » Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:05 am

I didnt respond here but I did PM... 7ish if I can get the SD1 model. Its bigger and longer.
Spike's threads are 1/2x28 and 1/2x36 these are the two most popular threads for real cans.

Another reason for a fake can, if you have a real one and your acustomed to shooting with it and your traveling out of state and dont want the hassle of transporting the can... take the fake can.
The weight is a little different but not as different as nothing.

Mr.Pliskin

Post by Mr.Pliskin » Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:49 am

if its around 50 I'm in

SMoAF
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by SMoAF » Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:27 am

Necrodamus wrote:Another reason for a fake can, if you have a real one and your acustomed to shooting with it and your traveling out of state and dont want the hassle of transporting the can... take the fake can.
Taking a can is really no different then taking the gun itself. IIRC, you don't even have to fill out a 5320.20 for a can, while you do for all other NFA goodies. And, personally, I refuse to go anyplace with draconian gun laws.
"Betrayed by the land that bore us; Forlorn by those we hold dear.
The Good have all gone before us, and only the Wicked are here.
So stand to, your glasses ready, for the world is a world full of lies.
Here's to those gone before us, and here's to the next man who dies."

Dr. Quickdraw McGraw

Post by Dr. Quickdraw McGraw » Sun Mar 08, 2009 11:39 pm

SMoAF wrote:
Necrodamus wrote:Another reason for a fake can, if you have a real one and your acustomed to shooting with it and your traveling out of state and dont want the hassle of transporting the can... take the fake can.
Taking a can is really no different then taking the gun itself. IIRC, you don't even have to fill out a 5320.20 for a can, while you do for all other NFA goodies. And, personally, I refuse to go anyplace with draconian gun laws.

IIRC there are 13 states in the US that outlaw Suppressors. Several of those states are in the middle of the country, for example Iowa, Minnesota, Illinois . So just driving from one free state to another across I-80 with a Suppressor would be Illegal. I think that MO just went free...
"A man can live on processed food from here till judgement day if he has enough Rosemary" - Shepherd Book

For the record I am, AR, .45, pie.

nimdabew
I am ledgend

Post by nimdabew » Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:06 pm

What is the count now? I want something cool to stick on the end of my 16" to make the proportions of the gun look a little better. Sometimes, I wonder if my next barrel for both of my 16" should be mid lengths...
Thanks Anianna!
12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:I say when Wee Drop visits the US, we make her ride a goat. You know, like those little monkey cowboys they have at some rodeos. :lol:

Dave_M
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by Dave_M » Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:30 pm

Dr. Quickdraw McGraw wrote:IIRC there are 13 states in the US that outlaw Suppressors. Several of those states are in the middle of the country, for example Iowa, Minnesota, Illinois . So just driving from one free state to another across I-80 with a Suppressor would be Illegal. I think that MO just went free...
FOPA of 86' should cover transportation. Course, didn't help this dude (at least not yet):
http://www.myfoxboston.com/dpp/news/030 ... affic_stop" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Dave Merrill
Instructor for MilCopp Tactical LLC.

Rifle first. Rifle last. Rifle always.
Civilian Scout wrote:No one buys a Taurus because it's the best option available.

SMoAF
ZS Lifetime Member
ZS Lifetime Member

Post by SMoAF » Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:25 pm

DavePAL84 wrote:FOPA of 86' should cover transportation. Course, didn't help this dude (at least not yet):
http://www.myfoxboston.com/dpp/news/030 ... affic_stop" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
It's douchenozzles like that cop that keep me from going north of Virginia/West Virginia on the East Coast. If that cop ever came into my neck of the woods on vacation, I'd love to invite him to come into my house for a look-see, just to watch him wet his pants and run like hell back North. Hell, if he wanted, I'd even let him take my cat-piss soaked body armor home with him, so that he could feel like he'd "done some good" by getting it "off the streets".

:lol: :evil: :lol: :evil: :lol:
"Betrayed by the land that bore us; Forlorn by those we hold dear.
The Good have all gone before us, and only the Wicked are here.
So stand to, your glasses ready, for the world is a world full of lies.
Here's to those gone before us, and here's to the next man who dies."

Trioxin
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Trioxin » Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:42 pm

Looks like around 8 units as of now. When we get to '10' I'll call Spike's and get the wheels in motion, then we can figure out how to handle the money thing.
You Are Not Free.
FYI: the 7.4 trillion dollars used to bail out Wall Street could give $23,000 to EVERY man, woman, and child in the US.

wildbill
Favorite Zombie Movies: dawn of the dead(remake)

Post by wildbill » Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:23 pm

which model can is it?
"A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state,
the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."
Second Amendment to the U.S. Constitution

___0000_
[|_,[____],
|---L -OllllO-
()_) ()_)-()_)

crypto
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Post by crypto » Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:29 pm

What's the point of having a fake can again?
MF'N TEAM LEADER

"Some people think that the best way to stop the leopard is to cut the horns off the gazelle. This, my friends, is insane."

Hoppy
Favorite Zombie Movies: all of them. except Diary of The Dead.

Post by Hoppy » Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:25 pm

DavePAL84 wrote:
Dr. Quickdraw McGraw wrote:IIRC there are 13 states in the US that outlaw Suppressors. Several of those states are in the middle of the country, for example Iowa, Minnesota, Illinois . So just driving from one free state to another across I-80 with a Suppressor would be Illegal. I think that MO just went free...
FOPA of 86' should cover transportation. Course, didn't help this dude (at least not yet):
welcome to MA.

ammo is a restricted item here. anything in his trunk may be protected by FOPA, but he was breaking the law cause didn't have a Mass FID and had ammo on him. also, possibly bringing post ban hicaps, and assuming, a post ban AR into the state are bad things. i didnt watch the video, but i didnt see anything in the article that suggests he was on his way some where legal, and thus covered by peaceable journey

it sucks, it makes no sense. but untill Boston sinks into the sea, its the law here
No one has a sense for the dramatic.

nimdabew
I am ledgend

Post by nimdabew » Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:40 pm

crypto wrote:What's the point of having a fake can again?
They are cool. The only bad part is they might not be flash supressors
Thanks Anianna!

nimdabew
I am ledgend

Post by nimdabew » Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:44 pm

Hoppy wrote:
DavePAL84 wrote:
welcome to MA.

ammo is a restricted item here. anything in his trunk may be protected by FOPA, but he was breaking the law cause didn't have a Mass FID and had ammo on him. also, possibly bringing post ban hicaps, and assuming, a post ban AR into the state are bad things. i didnt watch the video, but i didnt see anything in the article that suggests he was on his way some where legal, and thus covered by peaceable journey

it sucks, it makes no sense. but untill Boston sinks into the sea, its the law here
What's a night scope?
Thanks Anianna!

Hoppy

Post by Hoppy » Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:48 pm

nimdabew wrote:
Hoppy wrote:
DavePAL84 wrote:
welcome to MA.

What's a night scope?
no idea, i assume they mean night vision scope. no laws against them in MA, it was probibly only mentioned as a scare tactic of the sensationalist media.

Napalm{WmD}
Favorite Zombie Movies: All of them. The crapy ones are a lesser favorite.

Post by Napalm{WmD} » Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:37 pm

come on don't you know a night scope not only makes a gun more deadly but increases its rate of fire and range. :lol:
Been on hiatus since 2011, then in 2019 realized it’s been a while. Still in central Florida still ready for the zombies.

Florida meet/camp? Pm me I’m interested.

Hoppy

Post by Hoppy » Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:45 pm

Napalm{WmD} wrote:come on don't you know a night scope not only makes a gun more deadly but increases its rate of fire and range. :lol:

also its +5 damage

Necrodamus

Post by Necrodamus » Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:00 pm

BUMP!

nimdabew
I am ledgend

Post by nimdabew » Sat Mar 14, 2009 2:50 pm

wildbill wrote:which model can is it?
I believe that you get in on the order, and they put ZS on the side of what ever can you order. I personally am going to get the CAR1 can. I like how it balances out a 16" carbine with the short handguard and longer barrel.
Thanks Anianna!

Mr.Pliskin

Post by Mr.Pliskin » Sat Mar 14, 2009 5:59 pm

Dont know about anyone else but my wife wont let me have one :evil:

Oh... and Im kinda thread (as in what size for barrel) stupid, what would I need for the panther light barrel???

Dark Angel

Post by Dark Angel » Sun Mar 15, 2009 1:33 am

Mr.Pliskin wrote:
Dont know about anyone else but my wife wont let me have one :evil:

Oh... and Im kinda thread (as in what size for barrel) stupid, what would I need for the panther light barrel???
should be a 1/28 i believe. Id check your user guide.
RIP HK33K and Pathfinder Paul. You guys will be missed.

Trioxin
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Trioxin » Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:26 pm

Ok. I think we are close on this one. here is what I'll do: If you are interested, PM me and I'll add you to the list below, as soon as we hit #10, we order.

1. Trioxin
2. ?

Lets do this thing people. I want one of these fuckers. :twisted:
You Are Not Free.

ninja steve

Post by ninja steve » Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:11 pm

Did anyone notice his rifle had a "pistol grip"? Wow I wonder what kind of Ar doesnt have one.

Return to “General Firearms Discussion”