New PERMANENT gun ban

General discussions regarding topics that aren't covered in one of the other sub-forums. NO DISCUSSION OF POLITICS!

Moderators: ZS Global Moderators, ZS Postal Match Officers

Trioxin
ZS Member
ZS Member

New PERMANENT gun ban

Post by Trioxin » Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:25 pm

Not that this should be a surprise to anyone paying attention...
LINK

This NOT about waffles and pancakes but a SERIOUS threat to gun ownership.
Don't fool yourself by thinking this will not go through. I promise you it is gonna happen.
You Are Not Free.
FYI: the 7.4 trillion dollars used to bail out Wall Street could give $23,000 to EVERY man, woman, and child in the US.
Slowly moving toward my 666th post. YEAH!!

VXMerlinXV

Re: New PERMANENT gun ban

Post by VXMerlinXV » Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:50 pm

To quote Simon Wilder "The beauty of the Constitution is that it can always be changed". No law is permanent.
My posts are my opinion, and do not reflect the standing or policy of any group I may be associated with. Nothing typed here should be considered medical advice, or permission from myself or any governing body to perform medical intervention. If this is a medical emergency, please get off your computer and dial the appropriate local response number.

jnathan
Meat Popsicle
Meat Popsicle

Post by jnathan » Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:56 pm

Last edited by jnathan on Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My name is Jeff, not Jonathan. Jonathan would fit...

ZSC:020 Chicagoland | How to search ZS | GHB

StrangeLove

Post by StrangeLove » Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:59 pm

"I have no intention of taking away folks' guns."

Tonto

Post by Tonto » Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:02 pm

StrangeLove wrote:"I have no intention of taking away folks' guns."
:lol:

That's the funniest thing I've ever read...
CERT member, former OHMR member (2001-2005), amateur IDPA shooter and reader of Blogs & Prep forums. Yes, I am a legend in my own mind and I'm emailing this from the secret shadow goverment bunker located beneath Walmart.

TC

Post by TC » Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:03 pm

There are quite a lot of threads on this kind of post-election gun ban stuff already:

http://www.zombiehunters.org/forum/view ... &sk=t&sd=a" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://zombiehunters.org/forum/viewtopi ... 16&t=36690" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.zombiehunters.org/forum/view ... 16&t=36284" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'm not trying to devalue your thread, but you might want to check out some of the info and discussions in those threads.

As a side note and speaking from experience, I can say only this: do everything that your democratic rights allow you to stop it from happening or you will regret it for a long, long time. I realise I am preaching to the choir here though but it doesn't do any harm to mention it again.
KentsOkay wrote: I immediately thought about calling 911, but once we got to the T stop and got her out of her jeans, things seemed to be going a lot better.
TC's Defence of the Realm Target Download

Impus
Favorite Zombie Movies: Die, You Zombie Bastards!

Post by Impus » Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:05 pm

Much as I am also a concerned gun owner, this thread is stinking more of politics than Zen.
Let Me Die Not Quietly, But Valiantly And Violently

ZSC:012 Tenimus Altus Humus

Dark Angel

Post by Dark Angel » Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:47 pm

jnathan wrote:(Yawn)

http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2008 ... obama.html <-- give this a try

I dont want to get political but I agree with the poster. If anyone would like to argue it, I can support it with votes and quotes from Obama.

/rant

Regardless if something gets passed, and i think it will, welcome a new era of suck.

Edit: I meant the thread poster, not the guy who did the above link. So we do have to replace with pancake or waffle?
Last edited by Dark Angel on Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RIP HK33K and Pathfinder Paul. You guys will be missed.

nyiangelo

Post by nyiangelo » Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:55 pm

personally all this makes me uneasy. but i think what bothers me most is the fact that gun sales and such have been all over the news and yet i havnt seen any news or a statement from president elect regarding it. someone help me out ,are the reporters just not asking or do they think they have bigger problems to handle (which some are) so no need to comment. idk.
do u?
A metal detector is like a new girl friend. Spend a lot of time with it, treat it right and it will give it up.

"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it." - Mark Twain

TheMechanic
Favorite Zombie Movies: DOD '78

Post by TheMechanic » Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:55 pm

That's why I'm a life member of the NRA as is my son, my father & my 2 uncles. We're doing everything we can. We all voted for the 'other' guy too. Not much else we can do but wait for it to happen and try to stock up on the good stuff now while we still can.

"A new era of suck" indeed. It may not last 'forever' but if it goes permanent and he's re-elected we're looking at at least 8 years. What if another president is elected after that and decides to keep the gun ban going. What's that, another 4 to 8 years. It may become permanent in perpetuity.
"The future is always changing, in the largest of ways by the smallest of things."

Trioxin
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Trioxin » Wed Nov 12, 2008 4:16 pm

I'm not suggesting a repeal of the second amendment, I'm just saying that another AWB is on the way. I would like to think that enough people would call thier elected officials and make a stink, but are we in the majority on this one? How many people equate gun control with drop in crime?
Last edited by Trioxin on Wed Nov 12, 2008 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You Are Not Free.
FYI: the 7.4 trillion dollars used to bail out Wall Street could give $23,000 to EVERY man, woman, and child in the US.

Doctor Jest
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by Doctor Jest » Wed Nov 12, 2008 4:22 pm

Tread lightly, gentlemen, and let's avoid the word "people."
I survived ZombieCon 2007, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 and 16!!!
Towanda wrote:When I become Empress of the Universe, ticks are the first (and so far only) species slated for complete genocide.

Trioxin
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by Trioxin » Wed Nov 12, 2008 4:34 pm

Heard, understood, and edited.
You Are Not Free.

ProstheticWeasel

Post by ProstheticWeasel » Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:00 pm

jnathan wrote:(Yawn)

http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2008 ... obama.html <-- give this a try
I dunno that sorta confirms what the original post said. I was not really worried about it until I saw the thing on fact check and now I want to go out and buy more of everything. Eeeesh. As a gun toting liberal these things always annoy the crap outa me. Glad this sort thing does not get brought up much here.

crypto
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Post by crypto » Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:14 pm

ProstheticWeasel wrote:Glad this sort thing does not get brought up much here.
Fucking LOL. Are you serious?

http://zombiehunters.org/forum/viewtopi ... 16&t=36753" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://zombiehunters.org/forum/viewtopi ... 16&t=36993" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://zombiehunters.org/forum/viewtopi ... 16&t=36982" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://zombiehunters.org/forum/viewtopi ... 30&t=36749" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://zombiehunters.org/forum/viewtopi ... 30&t=36747" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://zombiehunters.org/forum/viewtopi ... 30&t=36356" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://zombiehunters.org/forum/viewtopi ... 30&t=36437" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://zombiehunters.org/forum/viewtopi ... 30&t=36435" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by crypto on Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MF'N TEAM LEADER

"Some people think that the best way to stop the leopard is to cut the horns off the gazelle. This, my friends, is insane."

ProstheticWeasel

Post by ProstheticWeasel » Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:24 pm

OK relative to the amount of other traffic on this forum it does not get brought much. So the relative amount is fairly small compared to the amount of usefull(that is relative too. :) ) information.

Wolfdude87
Favorite Zombie Movies: Land of the Dead
Shaun of the Dead

Post by Wolfdude87 » Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:05 pm

I'm not really worried about it to be honest. I doubt much will happen with that. I live in a state where concealed weapons permits are easy to get, theres no limit on magazine size, no gun registration system unless you have an automatic and thats a federal requirement. Gun laws are open enough for me and I doubt any real anti-gun legislation will make it through congress.

Hey, just started a new blog. Updates 3 times a week. I'd love feedback. Plus it should be pretty entertaining.
http://superboxsix.blogspot.com/

Kommander

Post by Kommander » Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:16 pm

Pancake did have a bit on his web site about renewing the AWB, the gunshow loophole, and some other stuff. However It has since been removed. I think that it is best that we take a wait and see approach. The guys not even in office yet.
Why must all the hoops be on fire?

xenophon

Post by xenophon » Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:22 pm

Wolfdude87 wrote:I'm not really worried about it to be honest. I doubt much will happen with that. I live in a state where concealed weapons permits are easy to get, theres no limit on magazine size, no gun registration system unless you have an automatic and thats a federal requirement. Gun laws are open enough for me and I doubt any real anti-gun legislation will make it through congress.
I talked to a guy once who was old enough when prohibition came about. He said no one believed it would pass since it was just a cause carried by old women and radical preachers.
You got ten seconds to run like hell. Then dynamite, not faith, will move that mountain into this pass.

Brendan Sullivan

Post by Brendan Sullivan » Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:26 pm

If Chicken Little told you that the sky was fallin', even if it wasn't, would you still come crawlin' back again?

tilt

Post by tilt » Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:42 pm

I think a good majority of people (myself included at one point a while back) fail to realize is that this sort of thing is a slippery slope, a 'gateway law' if you will.

If the most menial law passes limiting firearms (or related products), the next 'menial' law will be that much easier, then the next, then the next, etc.

Then, after many, many years and administrations and rulings, it will end... with a whimper.
Murphy is my Co-Pilot

ErgoDelta

Post by ErgoDelta » Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:06 pm

I say, if stuff comes take it to the court and try to get it permanently set in our favor. if it dosn't, don't worry.

DC Gun case +1
All Things Change
~Ergo Delta.

Join the ZS Steam Group [ZS] < lol forgot about this... sry all who cared

Warning: all posts can and will be edited for dyslexia at any time.

ironraven

Post by ironraven » Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:11 pm

Welp, here I am.!

Two words for everyone to think about: "executive order". Already been announced they'll be used for some things rather than "waisting time" with congress. So what if there are things that aren't mentioned. That is why everyone is so spooked.

*sighs* I could really use about five grand of disposable income right now. An AR, an AK, a tricked out shotgun, a couple pistols, and few thousand rounds.
Last edited by ironraven on Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Even if it's only the handful of people I happen to meet on the street or in my home, I can still protect them with one sword."

When a man go no longer speak without malice intended lest he cause offense, that is when truth starts to die.

There are three kinds of man- Man the Toolmaker, Man the Tool User, and man the tool.

Shadowsbane
Favorite Zombie Movies: Undead.

Post by Shadowsbane » Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:23 pm

History has proven that such a thing is a really dumb idea, both for those who enact it, and those among the citizenry.

However, history has also shown above all else, that we really don't ever learn from history. Not for long anyway.
All dwarfs are by nature dutiful, serious, literate, obedient and thoughtful people whose only minor failing is a tendency, after one drink, to rush at enemies screaming "Arrrrrrgh!" and axing their legs off at the knee.
Terry Pratchett

http://www.lonelymountainleather.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (Temporarily closed)

I am col o r Blind

Return to “General Firearms Discussion”