ZS Hot or Not: Firearms edition (PICS AND LINKS ONLY)

General discussions regarding topics that aren't covered in one of the other sub-forums. NO DISCUSSION OF POLITICS!

Moderators: ZS Global Moderators, ZS Postal Match Officers

I_Hate_George_Lucas
Favorite Zombie Movies: Zombieland and 28 Weeks Later

Re: ZS Hot or Not: Firearms edition (PICS AND LINKS ONLY)

Post by I_Hate_George_Lucas » Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:38 pm

Just acquired this little gem. She's tight as can be. I believe it's a Smith & Wesson .38 Double Action 2nd Model.

The following five digit serial number, 5595X is stamped on the cylinder face near the ejector. The on the bottom of the catch/rear sight it's stamped with four digits; 5595. No other serial numbers appear on this gun. I've checked under the grips, all over the frame, etc... nothing. Only a small "D" is marked on the solid frame on the inside and to the front of the cylinder paw that would lock the cylinder from rotating. The top strap on the barrel is marked the following; "SMITH & WESSON SPRINGFIELD MASS. U.S.A. PAT'D JAN. 17&25.65
JULY 11.65. AUG. 24.69. JULY 25.71. DEC 2.79. MAY 11&23. 1880". The front sight is pinned to the barrel.

Better pictures....

Smith & Wesson .38 Double Action 2nd Model. Serial Number 5595X, made between 1880-1884. Chambered in .38 Smith & Wesson

PistolPete wrote:ROFL LOOK AT THIS VIDEO OF A MONKEY FUCKING A DUCK!!!!!!!
Warning: If subject is found in a happy state. Punch in throat until subject returns to a non cheerful demeanor.

TravisM.1

Post by TravisM.1 » Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:51 pm

Picked the rifle up at a gun show a couple months back. Been saving my pennies for a couple months for the scope.

The rifle is a Remington 513-T "Matchmaster". I haven't dated it by the barrel markings yet, but going by the combination of a grooved receiver, and a barrel drilled and tapped for barrel-block scope mounts, I've got it narrowed down to mid-50s to early-60s production. It's got a 26" heavy barrel, walnut stock, 6-round magazine, is dovetailed on the barrel and drilled and tapped on the receiver for a set of aperture sights.

The scope is a Leupold VX-II. 6-18x40mm, adjustable objective, target knobs, and fine crosshair/1/8" dot reticle. The only thing it doesn't have that I wanted is a gloss finish to match the rifle. My understanding (from looking at Leupold's custom shop website) is that the VX-II "Target" series can't even be custom-ordered with a gloss finish, I'd have had to move up to the VX-3 series, likely a 6.5-20x or 8-24x EFR (extended focus range) series scope to get something with comparable features and gloss.

The rings are Millet Angle-Locks. They're windage adjustable. They weren't my first choice by any means; I was hoping for a pair of high Leupold gloss rings, but couldn't find any locally. The shop had Weavers, Millets, and Burris rimfire rings. They had Weavers that were high enough to clear the objective bell, but the underside of mounting base was machined flat and wouldn't provide a good purchase on the rounded area between the grooves on the rifle. The Burris rings were rounded to match the contour, but even their "high" rings were just a touch too low, and "extra highs" were just plain goofy looking and feeling. The Millets are rounded underneath to match the receiver, and are just about the perfect height.

Those are the first pics I've taken of the rifle, and I'm a little disappointed by them. I knew the stock needed refinished. It looks like someone put it in a damp soft case and put it in the closet to dry. It looks ten times better in hand, but it's still gonna be my winter project, along with hunting up a set of aperture sights for it.
I sold my soul to the devil for a .45, a black cowboy hat and a switchblade knife.......

Bearcat

Post by Bearcat » Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:44 pm

Got it from a friend for $600 after he added $200 elk stag grips and had only 200 rounds through it. I added the mainspring/magwell extender. Shoots like a fucking dream.

fallschirmjager
Location: Australia, Victoria Town, East End of Gippsland Street

Post by fallschirmjager » Fri Sep 16, 2011 5:20 am

Shiny new Atlas V8 BT10-LW17

Attention, unidentified craft, indentify yourself in English! I can't understand what you're saying!
英語などクソ食らえ, I repeat, English can eat shit!

wamba
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shawn of the Dead, Zombieland, & Walking Dead (if that counts).

Post by wamba » Fri Sep 16, 2011 4:48 pm

A little BP goodness with a LH twist. Oddly enough this is the only lefty I own.

Those who ignore history are doomed to repeat it, & you can bet they'll whine that nobody warned them.

VikingJohn

Post by VikingJohn » Fri Sep 16, 2011 7:24 pm

Marlin 336BL .30-30 w/ Trijicon 1x42 Reflex sight and Advanced Armament 7.62 Cyclone Silencer

10.5" NFA-Registered SBR w/ Trijicon 1x42 Reflex sight and Yankee Hill Manufacturing 5.56 Phantom Silencer

EATME
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Weeks Later, The Walking Dead (comicbook), Shaun of the Dead, 28 Days Later, Zombieland

Post by EATME » Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:27 am

Mossberg 930 Field/Security Combo 12 gauge
Marlin 336CS .30-30
Ruger 10/22 .22LR
Smith & Wesson M&P9c 9mm
EATME
Engineering and Architectural Tulsa Metro Employees
http://allzombiesgotoheaven.blogspot.com/

wamba
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shawn of the Dead, Zombieland, & Walking Dead (if that counts).

Post by wamba » Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:58 am

My plinking pistols. S&W422 & Ruger MK II
Those who ignore history are doomed to repeat it, & you can bet they'll whine that nobody warned them.

zombiegristle

Post by zombiegristle » Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:11 am

My new HK USC. I plan to convert it into a proper UMP45 (and possibly SBR it), but it will take some time to afford the parts.

"It is better to have one and not need it, than to need one and not have it."
-- Condom Rule
"Everybody gets one."
-- Spiderman Rule

Hollis
Favorite Zombie Movies: Resident Evil, Fido, 28 days later, Night of the Living Dead,

Post by Hollis » Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:20 pm

This is a '73 Win that we restored.

Before:

Zombies don't ski.

mzmadmike
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Post by mzmadmike » Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:24 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNinKM8_Ltw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ruger Redhawk with .44 Magnum +P+ loads.

340 gr. L.F.N. - G.C. (1,478 fps/M.E. 1,649 ft. lbs.)

A handgun for small game, like rhino, Cadillacs and Bradley IFVs.
A LONG TIME UNTIL NOW (paperback edition), Jul 2016 from Baen Books
ANGELEYES, Nov 2016 from Baen Books

http://www.MichaelZWilliamson.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.SharpPointyThings.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Custom, antique and commercial blades

I_Hate_George_Lucas
Favorite Zombie Movies: Zombieland and 28 Weeks Later

Post by I_Hate_George_Lucas » Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:09 am

I just acquired a Smith & Wesson model 4506-1.

Anyways; the pistol has engraving on it instead of the laser markings. MIM hammer and trigger. Safety and slide stop are sttainless. Novak fixed sights. Bought it for $453 out the door. Came with two black follower mags, one yellow follower, Hogue grips, plus a Bianchi accumold holster. Came in a SigArms Law Enforcement Only Sale Case for a Sig P220. Also has all of the original S&W documents. This thing is CLEAN.... no nicks, dings, scratches, etc....

It's as if someone had this thing sitting in a nightstand drawer for ten to fifteen years and never shot the thing.
PistolPete wrote:ROFL LOOK AT THIS VIDEO OF A MONKEY FUCKING A DUCK!!!!!!!
Warning: If subject is found in a happy state. Punch in throat until subject returns to a non cheerful demeanor.

Chris@MTCT

Post by Chris@MTCT » Sat Oct 01, 2011 4:00 pm

sigboy40 wrote: I carry around magical kit faeries that keep all my stuff in place. This way I dont lose anything.
Instructor at Milcopp Tactical

CEO of http://movementtocontact.com/index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Please also like us on Facebook!

mzmadmike
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Post by mzmadmike » Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:34 pm

http://s254.photobucket.com/albums/hh11 ... EricM4.mp4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; My son rocking his Transformer M4. I showed the stock previously during the build.

http://www.MichaelZWilliamson.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.SharpPointyThings.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Custom, antique and commercial blades

mzmadmike
ZS Donor
ZS Donor

Post by mzmadmike » Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:46 pm

http://s254.photobucket.com/albums/hh11 ... ricArc.mp4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; And my boy rocking the PPS43. A fine zombie weapon, with six 35 round mags.

z3n.us
Favorite Zombie Movies: The Serpent and the Rainbow.

Post by z3n.us » Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:28 pm

http://www.zombiehunters.org/forum/view ... 09&t=84678" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Tactical" Mossberg 835 12 GA Shotgun w/ 18 1/2 inch Cylinder Bore chambered for 2 3/4, 3 or 3 1/2 inch shells
+ Maxpedition Scabbard / Ammo Pouch

Valorius
Favorite Zombie Movies: The Crazies
Resident Evil I

Post by Valorius » Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:30 pm

HK P7 with custom rail
I am Infantry, Follow me!

phoenixmastm
Favorite Zombie Movies: Dawn of the Dead (both versions), Land of the Dead, Undead, 28 weeks later.

Post by phoenixmastm » Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:19 pm

My two newest babies:

1st, Springfield XD .40 S&W 4" barrel. JUST picked up today.

2nd, Serbian SKS m59/66A1 with the grenade launcher rig. My MBR until I can afford my Sig 556.

Up onto the overturned keel
Clamber, with a heart of steel
Cold is the ocean spray
And your death is on it's way
With maidens you've had your way
EACH MUST DIE SOME DAY

- Viking battle chant

Rusty_Shackleford

Post by Rusty_Shackleford » Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:31 pm

(mental note) By now your name and particulars have been fed into every laptop, desktop, mainframe and supermarket scanner that collectively make up the global information conspiracy otherwise known as "THE BEAST."

http://ar15chatterbox.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Biggin

Post by Biggin » Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:54 am

My 1911 carry setup. Holster is an kydex IWB by Bladetech. Mag holder is a double leather mag holder by our very own Gun_nut_2k1. I am more than satisfied with both! Knife is an Al Mar Talon Ultralight. Carry ammo is Corbon DPX.

TravisM.1

Post by TravisM.1 » Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:55 pm

Just finished up the stock-refinish on the Remington 513T pictured above-

I sold my soul to the devil for a .45, a black cowboy hat and a switchblade knife.......

-zero-
Favorite Zombie Movies: Zombieland, Dawn of the Dead (BOTH), Night of the Living Dead, Fido, The Dead Hate the Living, Walking Dead

Post by -zero- » Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:23 pm

Bearcat

Post by Bearcat » Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:27 pm

New toy: Ruger 10/22 Bull Barrel Target Model. 16.5" barrel, target trigger, burris bipod and hogue stock all came with it. Added the burris rings and nikon prostaff rimfire 4x32mm scope. Should be a good shooter. It's begging for a suppressor.

AKFTW
Favorite Zombie Movies: Shaun of the Dead, Dawn of the Dead (remake), Land of the Dead, 28 Days Later, and Zombieland!

Post by AKFTW » Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:24 am

New Glock 17! and my AKM (awaiting arrival new custom wood stock project).
docdredd wrote:those pandas need to harden the fuck up

Return to “General Firearms Discussion”