Firearms CHAT: [2020 - Year of the Squib]

General discussions regarding topics that aren't covered in one of the other sub-forums. NO DISCUSSION OF POLITICS!

Moderators: ZS Global Moderators, ZS Postal Match Officers

NT2C
ZS Forum Administrator
ZS Forum Administrator

Re: Firearms CHAT: [insert chat title here]

Post by NT2C » Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:39 am

12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:53 pm
NT2C wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:39 pm
PistolPete wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:42 pm
Yeah, the Ruger PCC's have been sold out everywhere since May. It's interesting to me that they made the list of panic buys, along with shotguns and Glocks. Are you set on the Ruger version? The only one's I've seen selling lately are going for over MSRP, which puts you in the price range of a AR 9mm carbine or Beretta PCC.
That makes me wonder if I should consider putting mine on armslist or gunbroker, then wait for Stim v2.0 and combine that $1,200 with whatever I get for the Ruger and pick up something nicer. :?
If you go that route, I'd like a shot at it before you pop it up on Armslist or Gunbroker. :D
In keeping with ZS policy on selling firearms through the site or offering them here I'll have to answer no to that request. But, if I happen to be passing through Texas on my way to Idaho again I certainly intend to stop for a visit.
Nonsolis Radios Sediouis Fulmina Mitto. - USN Gunner's Mate motto

Sic quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit; occidentis telum est - Seneca the Younger, Epistles

12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Tue Oct 20, 2020 4:11 pm

NT2C wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:39 am
12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:
NT2C wrote:
PistolPete wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:42 pm
Yeah, the Ruger PCC's have been sold out everywhere since May. It's interesting to me that they made the list of panic buys, along with shotguns and Glocks. Are you set on the Ruger version? The only one's I've seen selling lately are going for over MSRP, which puts you in the price range of a AR 9mm carbine or Beretta PCC.
That makes me wonder if I should consider putting mine on armslist or gunbroker, then wait for Stim v2.0 and combine that $1,200 with whatever I get for the Ruger and pick up something nicer. :?
If you go that route, I'd like a shot at it before you pop it up on Armslist or Gunbroker. :D
In keeping with ZS policy on selling firearms through the site or offering them here I'll have to answer no to that request. But, if I happen to be passing through Texas on my way to Idaho again I certainly intend to stop for a visit.
Awesome. :clap:

MPMalloy
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by MPMalloy » Tue Oct 20, 2020 4:42 pm

12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 4:11 pm
NT2C wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:39 am
12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:
NT2C wrote:
Awesome. :clap:
A deal via email, perhaps?

MPMalloy
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by MPMalloy » Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:58 am

Chimp: What's your price point on a PC9?

12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Wed Oct 21, 2020 3:36 pm

MPMalloy wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:58 am
I've got about 740 saved up to cover taxes, transfer fees and shipping if needed.

Academy normally has them for about 600 and after taxes, they come out to about 650 or so.

I'm figuring on having to wait awhile until supply reaches demand or passes it, which isn't a big deal. Provided things don't get worse and we wake up to Mad Max meets Zombieland in real life.

MPMalloy
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by MPMalloy » Wed Oct 21, 2020 3:39 pm

12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 3:36 pm
MPMalloy wrote:
I've got about 740 saved up to cover taxes, transfer fees and shipping if needed.

Academy normally has them for about 600 and after taxes, they come out to about 650 or so.

I'm figuring on having to wait awhile until supply reaches demand or passes it, which isn't a big deal. Provided things don't get worse and we wake up to Mad Max meets Zombieland in real life.
There one on AL here for $600 w/a red dot. Want the link?

12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Wed Oct 21, 2020 4:22 pm

MPMalloy wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 3:39 pm
12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:
MPMalloy wrote:

I appreciate the offer, but I'm going to try and find one more local to me so as to avoid having to ship one.

Thanks for looking for one for me, though. :D

By the way, there's a seller in San Angelo that has a NIB PolyTech "Legends" AK for 900. Either this seller doesn't know the real value of it or they're just really needing the money, but either way, that's the cheapest I've ever seen one. Usually they're about 2K or more.

If I wasn't looking for a PC9, I'd probably get that one or possibly one of the SLR-107Rs for sale in San Angelo. I don't mind driving for a good deal.

woodsghost
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by woodsghost » Wed Oct 21, 2020 6:02 pm

12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 4:22 pm
MPMalloy wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 3:39 pm
12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:
MPMalloy wrote:

I appreciate the offer, but I'm going to try and find one more local to me so as to avoid having to ship one.

Thanks for looking for one for me, though. :D

By the way, there's a seller in San Angelo that has a NIB PolyTech "Legends" AK for 900. Either this seller doesn't know the real value of it or they're just really needing the money, but either way, that's the cheapest I've ever seen one. Usually they're about 2K or more.

If I wasn't looking for a PC9, I'd probably get that one or possibly one of the SLR-107Rs for sale in San Angelo. I don't mind driving for a good deal.
Or buy it, sell it, and have $2k to get that PC9 and a few boxes of ammo.
*Remember: I'm just a guy on the internet :)
*Don't go to stupid places with stupid people & do stupid things.
*Be courteous. Look normal. Be in bed by 10'clock.

“It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.” -Bilbo Baggins.

12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Wed Oct 21, 2020 6:29 pm

The few PC9s I've found on Armslist have actually been for pretty decent prices. Which is nice considering there's also folks trying to sell DPMS and home built ARs for 950 to 1,400 bucks.

Seriously, there's a guy in my AO trying to sell a plain jane DPMS AR for 950 bucks. I get they're not making them anymore, but 950 is way more than they went for even when they were still in business. These things are by no means collectors items.

If that's the case, I could sell that Tapco AK mag I spray painted banana yellow for a bunch of money since Tapco is gone. :lol:

MPMalloy
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by MPMalloy » Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:56 pm

I had to look up PolyTechs. From two grand to $3,200.

(something between ouch & wow)

12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:27 pm

MPMalloy wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:56 pm
I had to look up PolyTechs. From two grand to $3,200.

(something between ouch & wow)
Yeah, the prices are usually pretty high, which has me wondering why this one is priced so low.

If I wasn't set on a PC9 and wanted it, I'd probably go after this gun. But I don't usually buy guns as investments and PolyTechs seem to fall within that range.

Well, that and there's a couple Arsenal SLR-107Rs that I'm more interested in.

NT2C
ZS Forum Administrator
ZS Forum Administrator

Post by NT2C » Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:20 pm

12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:
I just looked at that one and that whole ad just screams that it's a scam. The images are from this blog where they even warn of a possible scammer using the pics: http://thechineseak-47.blogspot.com/201 ... iever.html and were apparently also used on gunbroker.com under the name luvgun7, a seller who no longer exists there. That might imply the account got removed by gunbroker but that's just conjecture on my part.

Sic quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit; occidentis telum est - Seneca the Younger, Epistles

MPMalloy
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by MPMalloy » Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:06 am

What happened at Armslist?!?! My favs are gone! :x

Subscription model?! :cry:

12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:53 am

NT2C wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:20 pm
12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:
I just looked at that one and that whole ad just screams that it's a scam. The images are from this blog where they even warn of a possible scammer using the pics: http://thechineseak-47.blogspot.com/201 ... iever.html and were apparently also used on gunbroker.com under the name luvgun7, a seller who no longer exists there. That might imply the account got removed by gunbroker but that's just conjecture on my part.
I figured there was something fishy about that ad.

I'm betting the Tavor for 650 is also a scam as well.

ETA: Dude selling the PolyTech now has it listed at 750 bucks.

JeeperCreeper
ZS Member
ZS Member
Favorite Zombie Movies: Twilight... making zombies of our future generations

Post by JeeperCreeper » Thu Oct 22, 2020 1:25 pm

MPMalloy wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:06 am

Wait, what?
They see me trollin', they hatin'.... keyboardin' tryna catch me typin' dirty
Halfapint wrote:There are some exceptions like myself and jeepercreeper.... but we are the forum asshats. We protect our positions with gusto
zero11010 wrote:The girlfriend is a good shot with a 10/22.
Her secondary offense will be nagging.

MPMalloy
ZS Member
ZS Member

Post by MPMalloy » Thu Oct 22, 2020 4:11 pm

JeeperCreeper wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 1:25 pm
MPMalloy wrote:

Wait, what?
I got an email from AL. Their trying to keep the scammers out and they are facing a new lawsuit from Brady United. If you use a CC over an ACH it's an extra $3 a month.

:twisted:

12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Thu Oct 22, 2020 4:14 pm

MPMalloy wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 4:11 pm
JeeperCreeper wrote:
MPMalloy wrote:

Wait, what?
I got an email from AL. Their trying to keep the scammers out and they are facing a new lawsuit from Brady United. If you use a CC over an ACH it's an extra $3 a month.

That's odd.

I've got an account with Armslist as well and I haven't gotten an email from them about this. The only accounts I know of from them that have a monthly charge are the vendor accounts. If you're not a vendor, your account is free.

You sure this isn't some scammer idiot trying to get money out of you ?

ETA: Well, it's not a scammer, but a legit deal from Armslist.

Apparently they're gearing up for another lawsuit and they decided the best course of action was to start charging users to do business. Like contacting sellers, putting up ads and basically doing anything other than browsing.

Looks like Armslist is trying to become the gun sales version of E-Harmony.

I'm predicting a lot of angry emails to the CEO or whatever dingus thought up this business plan.

boskone

Post by boskone » Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:52 pm

12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 4:14 pm
MPMalloy wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 4:11 pm
JeeperCreeper wrote:
MPMalloy wrote:

Wait, what?

That's odd.

I've got an account with Armslist as well and I haven't gotten an email from them about this. The only accounts I know of from them that have a monthly charge are the vendor accounts. If you're not a vendor, your account is free.

You sure this isn't some scammer idiot trying to get money out of you ?

ETA: Well, it's not a scammer, but a legit deal from Armslist.

Apparently they're gearing up for another lawsuit and they decided the best course of action was to start charging users to do business. Like contacting sellers, putting up ads and basically doing anything other than browsing.

Looks like Armslist is trying to become the gun sales version of E-Harmony.

I'm predicting a lot of angry emails to the CEO or whatever dingus thought up this business plan.
I dunno that I can really complain; they've been sued by the Brady Campaign in like a half-dozen venues so far, and that shit gets expensive.

I dunno that there's actually any law at the federal level that could be used against what's obviously a vexatious litigant, unfortunately. It'd be nice if the US defaulted to a "loser pays" systems, which I understand is more common worldwide, so that in circumstances like this the plaintiff would have to fork out the cash. It'd certainly cut back on Brady's chicanery.

Langenator
Favorite Zombie Movies: 28 Days Later, Zombieland, Shaun of the Dead (and Larry Correia's Monster Hunter series if they ever make them into movies)

Post by Langenator » Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:22 pm

boskone wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:52 pm
I dunno that there's actually any law at the federal level that could be used against what's obviously a vexatious litigant, unfortunately. It'd be nice if the US defaulted to a "loser pays" systems, which I understand is more common worldwide, so that in circumstances like this the plaintiff would have to fork out the cash. It'd certainly cut back on Brady's chicanery.
Might actually be interesting to see that done with criminal law as well. If the .gov charges you with a crime, and they lose in court, they pay for your legal expenses. It would at least reduce the problem of people being financially ruined even though they were found not guilty.
Fortunis Fortus Paratus

NT2C
ZS Forum Administrator
ZS Forum Administrator

Post by NT2C » Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:09 pm

Langenator wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:22 pm
boskone wrote:
Might actually be interesting to see that done with criminal law as well. If the .gov charges you with a crime, and they lose in court, they pay for your legal expenses. It would at least reduce the problem of people being financially ruined even though they were found not guilty.
Can we also apply that to the sentence? Like, if the typical sentence for what you're charged with is a $10,000 fine, the prosecutor has to pay it. :awesome:

boskone

Post by boskone » Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:32 pm

Langenator wrote:
Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:22 pm
boskone wrote:
That it actually would be. It'd be nice if the PD had a stake in the matter.

"Well, guys, y'all've issued too many tickets which got overturned. The budget's running thin, so some of y'all have to go."

Certainly cut down on shitty little speed trap towns.

12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Fri Oct 23, 2020 12:57 pm

I got my PC9. :clap:

Stopped at the local Gebo's farm supply store and for the heck of it, asked if they had one. Sure enough, they did and I got it.

616 dollars later and I'm walking out of the store with my shiny new gun. :D

NT2C
ZS Forum Administrator
ZS Forum Administrator

Post by NT2C » Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:46 pm

12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 12:57 pm

Stopped at the local Gebo's farm supply store and for the heck of it, asked if they had one. Sure enough, they did and I got it.

Woot! :clap:

12_Gauge_Chimp
ZS Global Moderator
ZS Global Moderator

Post by 12_Gauge_Chimp » Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:18 pm

NT2C wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:46 pm
12_Gauge_Chimp wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 12:57 pm

Woot! :clap:
Yep.

My wallet is a little lighter, but on the bright side, I have a new gun and I don't have to use Armslist or keep bugging the guys at the local Academy.

I also just finished putting in the Glock mag adapter, which was a lot easier than I had thought. Now I just need to pick up some more G17 mags, more 9mm ammo and maybe a muzzle brake and I'll be good to go. :clap:

Return to “General Firearms Discussion”